Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Lords Of Tanaran
Thread: Lords Of Tanaran This thread is 3 pages long: 1 2 3 · «PREV / NEXT»
Dragon_Slayer
Dragon_Slayer


Honorable
Supreme Hero
toss toss toss
posted November 16, 2004 04:20 AM
Edited By: Dragon_Slayer on 15 Nov 2004



Hurt
You walk down a dusty pathway to the southeast. You eventually reach a carriage that will take you to the colosseum. Its going to be a long ride, you get comfortable and stare out the window.

Nissin: Are you scared son?
Hurt: Me scared? Ahahaha that’s funny. I am scared of nothing!
Nissin: Good good, you will need that confidence…

You continue to stare out the window and finally something comes into view. The colosseum is huge. Giant pillars raise to the top with elaborate carvings on each one. You can hear the sound of a crowd cheering.

Nissin: Well, here we are, lets go find you a room…


Xerxes
You noticed the woman who helped you had horns, how odd. Not wanting to delay your search further you continue southwest, down a dry grass pathway. Small flowers are blooming on each side of the grassy pathway… how disgusting. Soon you reach a river, with a sturdy stone bridge arching over it. As you approach the river, you notice something by the riverbanks. You move closer and begin to make it out. It is a dead body, still fresh. You make a quick search and pull out some gold coins, a money pouch containing some silver coins and an excellent crystal sword. However, the sword is blunt and would be useless in battle. Despite this, you take it anyway; you might be able to get it repaired. As you walk up to the bridge, you notice a small man crouched up by the side holding a sword. You approach him cautiously…

Gorman
You listen carefully as someone approaches the tent. You get an arrow ready to fire. Two men come running in and you release your arrow. You spear the wild bore one of the men was carrying.

Men Ahhhhh!!! What the hell was that?
Gorman uhh, sorry about that… I will be leaving now…

The two men watch in awe as you appear from the shadows and leave there tent. Its dark outside now, perfect time to make a break for the forest…

Detestra
You move quickly into a dark corner after helping the strange death night. He looks around, trying to see the person who helped him in his search. He catches a glimpse at you then leaves. What a strange man… Anyway, you were hungry; you pull out your flute and begin to play. The people enjoy the lighthearted music you are playing. The barkeep approaches you.

barkeep: Ahaha, thanks for entertaining my customers for free! Ahaha

MentalGore
You decide that talking to some of the locals might be a good idea. You float down to the floor and approach one.

MentalGore: Do you know where I can find necromancers?
Woman: Huh? There are necromancers roaming around everywhere.
MentalGore: Well, where do most of them reside?
Woman: In the dark lands, In the far Northeast corner of Tanaran. Past the mountains.

Well that was helpful. I guess you can spare her life for being so useful. The only problem was the mountains. They are huge; no way you could float over them. You would have to go around, which would take time. It did not matter though, because now you know exactly where to go. However, you have a choice to make. You can travel north, a much quicker but more dangerous route through the ice lands, or you can go southeast, which is much longer but safer.

Silx & Irr
Your companion did not reply. You guess it’s a touchy issue. You continue to walk east wondering where you are going.

Silx: Where are we going?
Irr: Don’t know, the first place we come across I guess.

As you are walking you come across a sign saying “Tanaros Lake”. Looks interesting, maybe we should go there?

____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheRealDeal
TheRealDeal


Promising
Supreme Hero
Foobum* of Justice!
posted November 16, 2004 07:26 AM
Edited By: TheRealDeal on 16 Nov 2004

Around the Mountains...

another day, another fight, another cry for battle..

It was another day for a nice little flight.. but my search for the necromancer haven't been going that well... haven't seen a necromancer for days now...

MG: .oO(Ooh.. theres a village, better go ask for directions to where the necromancers are)

As i approach all the villagers seem to start running away, screaming, tearing everyone in their path, not even stopping to help their own children; nothing was holy for these fearsome critters...

MG: WOMAN! STOP! Stop or you should fear my burning wrath from above!
Woman: Don't Kill Me! Please don't kill me.. i have a family!
MG: Quiet, listen or feel my weapons edge!
Woman: *Starts to Cry*
MG: Infested Humans..
MG: Do you know where I can find necromancers?
Woman: Huh? There are necromancers roaming around everywhere.
MG: Well, where do most of them reside?
Woman: In the dark lands, In the far Northeast corner of Tanaran. Past the mountains.
MG: Oh, and by the way, why were you all running away from me, it's my first journey to these regions..
Woman: It's that mark on your chest... It reminds me of the Occult war where the Necromancers almost shreaded us from the lands..
MG: You can go..

I decided to let here go since she was such big a help...

A few days of travel later

MG: .oO(Well i can't possibly go over these mountains..)
MG: Curse it!.. I'll have to go around then.. Hmm, something about this place reminds me of something, like i've heard tales of it before... One route is quicker than the other, but more dangerous aswell... I'd better take the long route sinds i'm so close, no need to wa..
MG: .oO(NO! Take the dangerous route, you need the battles!... I COMMAND YOU!)
MG: Gaah? .. What was that?

MG floats towards the long route, but something "Grabs" him and forcing him to take the short route, if you see this you could see it was a struggle.
____________
*We all know the that Foobum is the class of all that is Cake.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted November 16, 2004 09:06 AM

*Running out of the tent I notice how quickly it changed from evening to dusk. Running along the river going upstream I come across a campfire. Hearing voices around it I sense that they're not exactly human. I silently creep closer so I can hear them and stay still so I become nearly invisible again. I can't help but wonder if I can steal their large bags hoping that they're full of wealthy goods I can pawn. However, I suppose I could just kill them and be done with it...*
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Shadowcaster
Shadowcaster


Honorable
Supreme Hero
Shaded Scribe
posted November 16, 2004 09:43 AM

Startled, the man jumped back and waved his sword unsteadily at the death knight.

"No no, not another step, you!" he sputtered out, "I'll warn you that I am a GREAT warrior...*hic* No closer, or I'll have that large head of yours on a platter." He swung his sword clumsily around as he incoherently babbled on, and it became clear to Xerxes that the man was drunk. The death knight took a step forward, and knocked the man's sword to the floor. The man looked shocked, and his eyes focused briefly on the death knight before he sank to his knees, due partly to imbalance and partly to submission.

"Did you kill that man back there?" Xerxes asked resolutely, as he thought it necessary to keep the man's wavering attention. But the drunken warrior yielded no reply, and simply stared listlessly at the ground, muttering something about the missing the sights of Tanaran. Xerxes was growing impatient, and grabbed the man's face and pulled it up toward his, asking once more the question he had before. The drunken man lurched back, moving nowhere from the vicegrip, and screamed "No! You must not damage the goods! You must not damage them!" He frantically struggled to get away, finally slipping free of the death knight's grasp and stumbling over to a nearby tree.

"Must not damage the goods..." he said once more, this time more quietly than before. Xerxes stood staring at the man, wondering what he meant by 'the goods'. He approached once more, but the man drew back, whimpering.

"I thought you were a great warrior," he said, mockingly, hoping to catch some sense of sobriety from the man. But it was no good, for the man had fallen asleep. "I've not the time for this," Xerxes muttered to himself, and turned to go along his chosen path once more. Death did not trouble the undead, and Xerxes' impatience would not let him continue to deal with the crazed man any longer. No use was he, but mindless bloodshed was not the death knight's way.

Before he got far, a voice rang out from where the man still laid. "That sword!" he exclaimed as he saw the crystal weapon that Xerxes carried. The man's voice was a mix of knowledge and terror, and the death knight was so intrigued that he turned back to the man, but he had already passed out again by the time Xerxes arrived.

Sighing, the death knigh returned to the riverside to find the secret of the sword he now carried. His quest would have to wait, for now. He just hoped that this man would not be quite so troublesome once he had sobered up.
____________
>_>

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TitaniumAlloy
TitaniumAlloy


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Professional
posted November 17, 2004 11:22 AM

Hurt wandered the halls, following quietly in the footsteps of Nissin.

The large hall echoes with each fall of his foot, and people of all races and sizes peer out of doors to see who's coming. No one says anything, Hurt glares at them with a menacing look, making most retreat back inside.

Continuing to the end of the hallway, the entered the sturdy wooden door, Nissin holding it open as Hurt squeezed through the doorway.

"And here we are my boy. Welcome to your new home. Sit down, have a quaama, and meet the others. Staying with us now we only have Jack here.
Jack; why don't you introduce yourself?"


Hurt stood in the doorway observing the room. It looked almost too expensive in the grandeur of the marble pillars and high roof. But this was how most of the Colosseum was, and this was but a stable for the beasts of war.
Jack approached him with surprising confidence; by now Hurt had almost taken the fear he inflicted on others around here for granted. He was a tall, very muscular man in training gear. He had short hair and a crooked smile. Obviously he was quite at home in the halls of the Arena.

"Pleased to meet ya. I'm Jack, people call me the Jack of Blades. I wield the sword and my faith here at the arena. The Lord guides me, and I am his arm. Welcome here... this is where we sleep and train until the fights."

Hurt walked into the room slowly. This Jack, was friendly and Hurt was fond of him, he did not show his weakness so blatantly as most.

"I am Hurt. I come from far land, from land of barbarians. Father is Kilmo, leader of Kilmo tribe. He was killed by militia, I come here to take revenge. I am strong and a veteran in the fight. We shall fight together, or against?"Hurt took Jack's hand which was held in front of him, and shook it. Hurt was surprised at himself, normally he would have broken it. Jack walked over to one of the beds and picked up his sword and an orange quaama fruit from the bowl.

"Of course we fight together, us Gladiators must survive the fight not kill each other. You are safe here, The Lord will watch over us. You sleep here. But now is not the time to rest, the Arenamaster calls."
Jack threw Hurt a quaama for energy, and they headed to the stadium.
____________
John says to live above hell.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Asmodean
Asmodean


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Heroine at the weekend.
posted November 17, 2004 06:06 PM

for free. Haha'......

So.
It was going to be like that was it.
Walking over to the barman, a fat odious toad of a man I motioned him to come closer and coyly whispered in his ear.
'Any chance of a bed for the night?'

'Well sure there is missy pretty voice. There's always my bed if you want', he said with a disgusting leer.

'Oh that would be wonderful' I breathed. 'Why don't you show me the room now, so's I can be all ready for bed-time'.
I fluttered my eyelashes too. Men were idiots sometimes.

'Flinging his mop-rag at one of the serving boys he barked, 'Stay here and look after the place. I'll be just a second'.

I'll bet you would be I thought to myself wryly.

He brought me upstairs to a pigsty of a room. Actually the smell probably would have made pigs faint.
Grabbing me by the waist he pulled me close and tried to kiss me, but I grabbed his wrist with my tail and soun him away.

'Not quite yet my sweet, first I want to sing you a song'.

'A song. I ain't lettin you sleep here for no song my darling. It's your sex I'm after. You can sing me a song after we're done'.

'Ah but this is a special song', I said. Then I began to sing.

I pitched it low at first, so he couldn't hear it, but he could feel it. His organs shouldn't be vibrating that way.

'Steady on their darling' he said, a bit confused. 'This isn't some kinda magic is it?'

Shaking my head I continued on, rising through the scale, up the octaves until he couldn't hear me again. It didn't matter, by this stage he was in too much pain, and his cries of agony made a sweet counter-melody to my song.

The final crescendo came when his head exploded, but I covered myself with my wings so as not to get my clothes dirty.
Rooting round the room I found a few coins, obviously this wasn't where he kept the inn's money. Hardly worth the effort of my performance.

Going back down to the common room everyone was rubbing their ears in pain. They stopped when I stood at the top of the stairs, some of them began fingering their weapons.

Then I began to sing.......
____________

To err is human, to arr is pirate.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vadskye91
Vadskye91


Promising
Supreme Hero
Back again
posted November 17, 2004 06:44 PM

Vadskye chuckled to himself.  The coastal marketplace had never seen a thief as him.  So many ogres and trolls, ripe for the picking!  Vadskye walked around.  As a Fey, he could have floated, but he saw no need to draw attention to himself.  That would make cutting purses much harder... But it was nice to have a backup plan in case his stealing ways failed him.  Flying through the air, he could out-distance most, if not all, of those in the crowd.  Suddenly Vadskye felt himself being watched... He turned quickly, splaying his cloak out, but saw no one.  He resumed walking down the street, resisting the urge to glance behind him.  He felt it again, and spun on a dime.  He spied a man staring at him before whoever it was turned away quickly.  Vadskye noticed in a shop window's reflection that he was turning to speak with a guard.  This didn't bode well.  Ah, he had been here long enough anyway.  Vadskye turned down an alley to make a stealthy exit, then floated up to the top of the building.  (OOC: I cannot float that high on my own, but when I use my floating supplemented by climbing and wall jumping, the floatation slows my fall enough that I do not feel my full weight, enabling me to pull myself up the wall.) Apparently my escape wasn't a minute too soon, as I saw a troop of guards rounding the corner to where I had been.  What had the unknown man seen that sent them after him?  Vadskye figured it didn't really matter- maybe he was just observant.  Even so...

Floating from the town in no great hurry, he came to a crossroads.  Which way to go...?
____________
Knowledge is power...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lord_Woock
Lord_Woock


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Daddy Cool with a $90 smile
posted November 18, 2004 05:09 PM

'Ah. A place' said Irr.
'What do you mean, a place? Everywhere is a place' said Slith.
'Yes, obviously. But we're looking for a place with people. And I expect we shall find some sort of town near the lake. I hope you're not afraid of water' Irr said and grinned.
____________
Yolk and God bless.
---
My buddy's doing a webcomic and would certainly appreciate it if you checked it out!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TitaniumAlloy
TitaniumAlloy


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Professional
posted November 20, 2004 04:18 AM
Edited By: TitaniumAlloy on 19 Nov 2004

"My subjects. On this fateful day our glorious gladiators will risk their lives for your entertainment. Today is not a normal day. We will have our best gladiators come out to fight- and who shall they be fighting but outlaws and bandits, sentenced to death by the gaol camps. I now present to you- the Gladiators!"

Hurt stood out in the middle of the dusty bowl. Soon the rocky ground on which they stood would be stained with blood- his, or theirs. This was their first fight, so soon but Hurt had prepared. He was not scared. He entered from the west gladiator entrance through a steel gat. Opposite him Jack entered, his eyes closed deep in thought. To his left and right two other gladiators entered, waving to the crowd. They were quite old and battle weary, two great gnolls. They must have done this many times before, judging by the nonchalant way that they would swing their flails as they walked.

Looking around the stadium, there were thousands of people of all races cheering and yelling, all around him. The noise was incredible. There was a pavillion on one of the stands which the voice of the Arenamaster echoed from. Hurt had a clear view of the Arenamaster from where he stood- to his surprise, it was a woman. She had flowing golden hair and beautiful eyes; the best looking human Hurt had ever seen. She seemed stern and ready for action, but she must have only been in her 20's as humans experience time.

The crowd cheered at Jack- one of the audiences favourite fighters. No one thought much of Hurt, for ogres were not uncommon in the collosseum and he was yet to earn their respect through violence.
They will see...Hurt thought to himself, picturing him in the battle.

As the bandits were released from the enemy cage, they looked frightened and unprepared, straight from the prison. There were a few humans, elves, feys, dwarves, but they all had one thing in common; they were outlaws.
Jack had made his way near Hurt, to fight together. He had both his swords ready.
"Easy pickings, eh?" The motley crew of criminals had drawn their makeshift weapons to prepare for the slaughter. One of the gnolls had already run in, but Hurt and Jack were in no rush.

Hurt drew his giant axe and made a giant War Cry, his blood filling with the heat of battle. He Ran into the heat of the fight, where the bandits where putting up a good resistance to the gnolls. The crowd was screaming and throwing bottles onto the battlefield.

A bandit with one eye approached Hurt wearily; rampant fear was visible in his shaking. He lunged with a long dagger which Hurt easily dodged, taking the man out with his axe. A convicted fey floated above him and attacked Hurt from behind, cutting his arm with a sword. When he went for another blow Hurt parried it and detatched the miserable fey's head from his body.

Jack was still approaching the centre of the fight. A gnoll had pinned down a bandit and looked eagerly up at the Arenamaster.
She held her gloved hand out in front of her up in the pavillion, with he thumb to the side. The noise of the crowd began to increment with the excitement of the battle. Hurt took a wood elf down with his axe, and kept the momentum of his swing going to take down another human.
"GRRAWR!! Fuel my anger, you pitiful beasts!"He cried out.
The Arenamaster had turned her thumb down much to the gnoll's delight, and he crushed the pinned man's skull with the back end of his flail.

Jack wielded Exodus and Ezekiel with great strength, swinging them as he entered the heat of the battle. He began to taunt his foes.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men."He stuck down a cowering human with ease as he spoke. The battle was hectic, there was no way anyone could see half of what was going on at once. Hurt had barely any times to take in his surroundings, only to kill.

"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."He swung his swords around him in an intimidating fashion, continuing to speak.

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. He piked another enemy on his sword, blood pouring out onto the ground. The crowd screamed with delight. Jack still continued, his voice rising to an almighty bellow.

"And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."And with that he swung Eziekiel and decapitated two of the remaining enemies. Standing there exhausted, Hurt saw the glory in Jack's religion.
There were two more enemies- a dwarf and a verman, both clothed in rags and holding spiked clubs. The dwarf had struck down one of the gnolls, and was advancing on the other.

Little did Jack know of the whereabouts of the verman until he was stabbed in the back by his blade.
"God..."Jack gasped as blood flowed from his mouth. He dropped one of his swords and elbowed the vicious rat in the stomach, making him withdraw the blade and fall to the ground. Jack began to apply pressure to the wound when Hurt came sprinting to his aid, bringing his axe down on the verman, cutting him in two with one mighty blow.

"You ok? That was a good punch." Hurt said picking up the dropped sword.
"It's fine, only a fleshwound."Jack still groaned at the pain.

The gnoll had struck down the last foe, the dwarf, and the battle was won. The crowd was wild. Jack knelt down at the body of the defeated gladiator, and began to pray. Hurt did not even notice the cut on his arm, and the other gnoll was unscathed. Looking at the dead bodies which stained the ground crimson, anyone could declare this day a massacre.

Hurt stood there panting and the gnoll congratulated and welcomed him in broken speech.

Suddenly, the crowd hushed, complete silenced fell down apon the Collosseum like a heavy curtain. The Arenamaster began to speak.
With the audience silent she cried:
"Are you entertained?!"
____________
John says to live above hell.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
TheRealDeal
TheRealDeal


Promising
Supreme Hero
Foobum* of Justice!
posted November 21, 2004 08:00 PM
Edited By: TheRealDeal on 26 Nov 2004

Night of Decay

Several hours later I reach a hole in the mountain, i was no where near the necromancers, but the stench of death was strong. I entered the cave and starting walking, the constant vibrations from my wings could wake something unheard of, so i'd better be careful...

MG: Is anyone there?

Strange Voice: LEAVE!
MG: Hmmm.. Come out Come out where ever you are!
Strange Voice: Leave or you won't be able to..
MG: Show yourself vile thing!
Strange Voice: You asked for it...

A human wretched substance of Souls and Death approached me, it looked like a Warlock combined with a Void Walker... something completely out of this world..

Strange Voice: Who are You?
MG: MentalGore.. Who are you?
Strange Voice: I am Geriom, why do you wish death?
MG: Wish Death? I.. Wish Death? Can't you see i'm at the brink of it as it is right now?
Geriom: Yes.. some strange magic is holding you together..
MG: Magic?
Geriom: We are not like most people. We see, know, and comprehend. Magic exists all around us.
MG: We?
Geriom: I too, am of the Undead.
MG: And the only thing you do is waste away yourself in the rotten hole in a cave?
Geriom: What am i to do?
MG: Take control, sieze your future.
Geriom: I can't, not because of the Conspiracy..
MG: Conspiracy?
Geriom: Ah yes, The Conspiracy. That is the name for the plans the Necromancers have created to finally free Humanity from the yoke of natural influence. Yet its more than that, for they want humanity under their guidance.
MG: Ahhh... For too long have humans wandered like sheep, allowing the Necromancers to control them. They need a Shepherd; a leader to show them the way to world dominance, and if they don't like it... Well we've just got to make some more Undead.
Geriom: Yes...
MG: My conquest seems to give more meaning now, i must slay the necromancers.
Geriom: If i am to roam the lands again, they need to be purged. I will help you!
MG Great!

I don't know why we joined forces, we both seem like loners.. maybe the great cause showed us what we have to do?..

We move outside, and start heading for the Necromancers, but we saw a few of them talking..


Necromancer: So, if we attack the nearby village, we will be able to raise enough corpses to start an invasion...

MG Whispers: Damn them!
Geriom: YOU! NECROMANCERS!
Necromancer: Hmmm.. Undead... This shall not take us long..
Other Necromancer: Kill them!
Geriom: Sjaz zjar! Zju Zjar!

Now.. this was incredible, banshees getting hurled out of Geriom and into the necromancers, destroying them from the inside... this was truly power

MG: That was sweet!
Geriom: Yes...
MG: If we want to get to the camp of Necromancers we must make haste!
Geriom: Yes.. we will take each of these paths and clear out any Necromancer in our way..

We left eachother.. and i started walking, thinking about why that my reason for going there had suddenly been... changed. Maybe it was an evil plan, or maybe this was my destiny...
____________
*We all know the that Foobum is the class of all that is Cake.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RedSoxFan3
RedSoxFan3


Admirable
Legendary Hero
Fan of Red Sox
posted November 27, 2004 08:13 AM

I awake to a rather numb feeling throughout my body and a ringing in my ears. I am unsure of where I am. 'Where am I exactly?' I think to myself. Then I remember the storm, blowing us off course and the boat running into the reefs ripping it apart. Hanging onto the driftwood for hours before slipping unconscious. I'm lucky to be alive. I rollover onto my stomach and prop myself up onto my knees and look around. The sand is a deep red color. There must be iron deposits nearby to turn the sand such a color. A stand up to be met by a sharp wind that instantly sends me into a shivering frenzy. I grasp myself for warmth to find that my clothes are torn to shreds and my precious armor and weapons, I was forced to part with simply to keep afloat. I look around the beach and spot a few buildings further ashore. I adjust what used to be clothes and would now qualify as rags to a comfortable and more importantly less revealing position. I summon a wolf companion for protection and head off into town.
____________
Go Red Sox!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Dragon_Slayer
Dragon_Slayer


Honorable
Supreme Hero
toss toss toss
posted November 28, 2004 10:11 AM

Gorman
You creep a bit closer so that you can see what exactly the voices are coming from. To your surprise they are coming from a pair of Brutes. Brutes are extremely strong creatures. They look like a cross between a human and a bear. They are skilled with most weapons and sometimes go berserk if the situation calls for it. You decide that trying to kill them is not such a good idea, much too risky. You are feeling quite hungry so you decide that taking some of their provisions would be a better idea. You grab a rock and throw it into an area of dry grass and small twigs. The Brutes notice the noise immediately and run to check out the disturbance. As they run past, you sneak up to their camp and take a small backpack with food inside. You make haste and run into the concealment of the forest to eat.

Xerxes
You take a seat across from the man and wait until he wakes up. Before long a local, seeming to come from a nearby town crosses your path.

Man: Are you ok there sir?

You look up and a shocked look appears on the mans face. Obviously not expecting the undead.

Xerxes: Im waiting for this fool…
Man: Oh don’t worry about him, he lost his mind ever since he lost the great battle.
Xerxes: What battle?
Man You never heard of it? It was about 10 years ago, when he found the oddest sword we had ever seen. It was made of crystal and it was extremely powerful. Unfortunately, he was not a good swordsman, but he was cocky and decided to challenge the head of organised crime in our town to a battle. He lost the battle, his sword and his mind. Now he just watches over the sword, never touching it. He has killed most people who have gone near it.
Xerxes: Thanks…

You wonder if you should tell this man that you have the sword but you decide that it is better not to. You continue towards the town, hoping to discover more about this sword. Maybe you can wield its great power…

Vadskye
You see the guards going south, so you decide that north or east are the best options. You silently move to a nearby information hut and begin looking at directions. It seems North is a land abundant in treasures, but it is hidden behind a small mountain range. West is and open plain with a variety of locations scattered around with mountains around the area. You ponder about which route to take. You can hear the guards returning, you don’t have much time left!

Detestra
You song is a soothing one. Soon the people within the tavern are asleep on the floor. As you make your way out you pour yourself a beer and grab some bread from behind the counter. Might as well take your fill before you leave. As you are walking out you see a sigh on the wall. Dwarvern lands, the Lands of opportunity! . You take to the sky and search for the undead that you helped before; he is nowhere to be seen. You can see a small town further south, just past a river. You remember the sign you saw inside, you could go east to the dwarvern lands. The choice is yours…

Ilvia
Not many people are around this small costal town. There are many footprints on the sand outside, suggesting there where a fair few people here earlier. You walk into the town with your pet wolf. You find a small clothing stall and decide to take a look. You do not have any money or possessions so you cannot afford anything. You trade in your wolf for a trendy tunic and take off. Little does the fool know that the wolf will disappear in about half an hour. You continue to walk around the market town, looking for some cheap weaponry, anything to protect yourself. You soon find a man willing to give you a sturdy staff if you manage to guess which hand he has a coin in.  If you lose you have to work for him in his stall. The man, obviously more confident than smart loses and you walk away with a new staff!


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Asmodean
Asmodean


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Heroine at the weekend.
posted November 29, 2004 07:19 AM

Dwarves. I hadn't had much to do with dwarves before. All their songs seem to be about gold, which is hardly a challenge.
A pity the Undead wasn't about, he seemed different from the usual 'enslave the world with my army of skeletons' undead. Maybe I'll bump in to him later.
But for now I turned south towards the town.

Landing in some trees just outside, I shimmy down and walk towards its gates.
____________

To err is human, to arr is pirate.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vadskye91
Vadskye91


Promising
Supreme Hero
Back again
posted November 29, 2004 08:09 PM
Edited By: Vadskye91 on 6 Dec 2004

Vadskye swore.  "How'd they get here so fast!  They'd never be able to find in the North... but I doubt that I'd find much there either.  Better to go East."

As he spoke, the door to the hut burst open.  Vadskye jumped out of the light.

Guard: "There is a certain petty thief fitting this description *he held up a bit of paper with a sketch that didn't look all that much like Vadskye on it* that was seen going in this direction.  Has anyone seen this man?"

Vadskye slunk along the wall, hidden by a booth.  What did they know?  They would probably be easy to slip away from.  He had two options: try to exit the back door, but that was on the opposite side of the room from where he was.  Or, he could try to just sprint past the guards.  He decided to use the back door.  Vadskye jumped out from his hidden corner, surprising the guards causing them to flinch.  During that split second ran, making it out the back door without being caught.  He knew the guards wouldn't take long to follow, so he floated up to the roof using the same tactic that he used in the town to get on top.  He could stay up there for a while and wait them out.  Sure enough, they hadn't seen Vadskye well enough to be sure it was the criminal and not just some crazy, so they had no reason to wait around.  Still, better to be safe, Vadskye thought.  Better wait for darkness.  Nightfall came and Vadskye jumped off the roof, landing quietly.  He floated off to the east, hoping to find a small town.  They didn't guard their purses in a most small towns, and there would be easy pickings.  Plus, few small towns had a guard force.  Vadskye kept on floating until dawn...
____________
Knowledge is power...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted December 01, 2004 06:57 PM

*After running into the forest and opening the sack I notice there's food and something buried on the bottom. I eat a bit and examine the odd object. Traveling in a northerly direction through the woods I come across a rather deep stream. Wading across it and reaching the other side I hear a voie call out to me that's speaking rough Human.*
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RedSoxFan3
RedSoxFan3


Admirable
Legendary Hero
Fan of Red Sox
posted December 01, 2004 11:54 PM

Deciding it best to leave this town before the wolf disappears, I decide to head west following the river from the northern section of town. I summon a bear companion and hike for nearly an hour until I saw a man come running up over the crest of a hill. He looks behind him every second or two as if something is chasing him. He calls out to me seeming to seek aid, however I cannot understand what he is saying. The man apparently speaks the language of a different tongue.

"I don't understand your language," I said in common speech. The man looks at me and manages to form a sentence.

"I chased. Bad men. Help please." Several men come running up over the hill. I nod to the man and summon a wolf companion.
____________
Go Red Sox!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Dragon_Slayer
Dragon_Slayer


Honorable
Supreme Hero
toss toss toss
posted December 04, 2004 03:47 AM

Hurt
The crowd roars once again. It seems you put on quite a show. Soon the medics run out to the arena and guide you into a small room under the arena. Here your minor wounds are attended to and you are given nourishment. Jack however, is rushed into a different room. His wound is bleeding profusely and it continues to discomfort him. He has lost much blood and unless treated immediately he would eventually die.

Nissin: Excellent fighting! Follow me to your quarters. You will share this room with Jack once he recovers.

You follow Nissin to your room. He opens the door and you glance inside. Just basic accommodation. A shared bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and a main room. Each room was fairly small, but it would do. You step inside and close the door. You lie down on the bed of your choice and stare out the window. Outside you can see the worn pathway that you took to get here. In the distance, you can see a carriage coming. It was pulling a cage behind it, holding a few tigers and lions. Must be for the next battle…
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RedSoxFan3
RedSoxFan3


Admirable
Legendary Hero
Fan of Red Sox
posted December 04, 2004 10:21 PM

As the figures close near me, I find them to be not be men at all, but women. From the distance their heavy leather armor gave them a masculine appearance. I call up the energies within myself and as I push it into my hands, they begin to glow red. Finally I release the energies and blast out a beam of fire on the closest woman scorching her unconscious. However there are still seven of them berserking full tilt in our direction. The two of us are quickly overwhelmed and knocked to the ground.

I wake up with an aching head in a dark place in which I can see nothing. The wind howls outside relentless, so I can only assume that I have must been dragged off to the mountains I saw to the north.
____________
Go Red Sox!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Dragon_Slayer
Dragon_Slayer


Honorable
Supreme Hero
toss toss toss
posted December 06, 2004 09:27 AM
Edited By: Dragon_Slayer on 9 Dec 2004

MG
You watch your friend take the wider pathway. You walk down the path closer to the main mountain. There is only about two hundred meters between each path but a tall thin mountain separated them both. So really, you are walking in a giant valley, quiet a sight indeed! You begin walking down the valley. The home of the Vampires was a fair distance away; you would have to make haste if you are to reach it within the next week. There is a small stream trickling along the middle of the Valley. The Valley to your right has lush green grass crawling up it, with jagged rocks at the top. You turn your head to the left and see the lush grass stop, and changed to a dead blackish grass. The soil is rock hard with a few dead branches crawling out of the ground. Something is odd about this side of the mountain. Grass does not grow and just stop dead like that, especially in an area like this. You walk closer and notice a hidden opening in the mountain. You hear voices and run behind a large moss covered rock. Soon the voices stop and you see a figure step outside, spread its wings and fly off in the direction of the Dead Lands. So, the vampires did this to the mountain. What now…



____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RedSoxFan3
RedSoxFan3


Admirable
Legendary Hero
Fan of Red Sox
posted December 10, 2004 08:36 AM bonus applied.
Edited By: RedSoxFan3 on 10 Dec 2004

Detestra:
You walk up to the city gates and look up at the monstrous city walls. The guards stand still at their post. You ask the man for directions throughout the town and he gives you a suspecting eye.

"The town map is just over yonder," he says pointing to a large stone wall just behind the city gates. "And be sure to stay out of trouble, if you happen to come across the wrong sort. The Order of Magi are a scary bunch. No one is sure what happens to criminals caught by the Order of Magi. All that is known is that they disappear to never be seen again."

You walk up to the stone wall and look upon the map. This is what you see.



Beneath the map are descriptions of all the shops within the various districts. Various Tavern's and Inn's are scattered through out the various sections of the city, in all but the Government District and Keep.

The Merchant's District has what is to be expected, however the Craftsman's District interests you. A large variety of trade's can be learned there. At the top of a lengthy list are the most popular trades, which include leatherworking, ironworking, silverworking, alchemy, enchanting, skinning, herbalism, and weaving. The trades grow less obvious from its name as you descend down the list. These trades include, scribing, escorting---.

"Don't waste your time with those trades. They are either unprofitable or you have to spend your entire life before you can start making some real money. If you want to make some money quick and easy, you better follow me. I'll show a fine lady like you around to all the places that the town doesn't advertize openly if you know what I mean. Don't worry about getting in trouble though, even the nobles do their share of work in the black market. As long as you aren't going on a killing rampage and you don't bother them personally, they don't care what you do around these parts. The ones you gotta look out for are those Paladins and righteous causes. So shall I show you around?

You give the man a discerning eye and he begins chattering again.

"Yes you probably suspect my intentions. Well I run my own business and of course I'd be showing you that trade first. And well let's say the more people I have working for me, the more money I make." the man winks at you and puts on a big smile. It seems he's not the only one who gets by on his charms.


Gorman:

You continue running aimlessly through the woods until you are positive that you have lost whoever was chasing you. Unfortunately in the process you also find yourself lost as well. You wander the jungle for hours coming across strange creatures until you find come across some land that lies on a fairly distinct slope. You assume this to be the base of a mountain and decide to hike up it to get a view of your surroundings so you that you may be able to find your way out of this uninhabited place. After nearly an hour of hiking you finally make your way out of the trees and find yourself on the side of an enormous mountain, all you can see around you are simply mountains that block off your view. The sky is beginning to get light and you decide to take cover and get some rest for the night. You can see a large cave on the other side of the mountain and decide to make camp there. You make it to the cave just as the sun rises and find yourself in what appears to be much more than simply a cave. There are carvings on the wall that look just like that of your own people. It must be a race of drow that lives within the depths of this cave.


Vadskye:

You decide to follow the river hoping to find a village or town. However much to your dismay you only find the river lead into a forest that gets deeper and deeper the further in you explore. Eventually the forest gives way to a temperate wetland forest. As you venture further and further upstream, you come across the joining of numerous stream and other tributaries. The river, still quite large, has narrowed and become much more shallow. A crocodile nearly gets a good chunk out of your leg, but you manage to dodge its attack and give it a good stab in the eye. It runs away in pain.

After a bit of deep thought you come to the conclusion that these woods are quite dangerous. You don't feel safe stopping to rest unsure of what creatures lie about in this place. Fortunately dawn comes and with it you also find a log cabin, with its chimney smoking ever so slowly.



____________
Go Red Sox!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 3 pages long: 1 2 3 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1030 seconds