Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Temple of Ashan > Thread: Questionable HoF Cutscens
Thread: Questionable HoF Cutscens
dkuneo
dkuneo

Tavern Dweller
posted November 18, 2006 11:05 PM

Questionable HoF Cutscens

I've been playing the campaign a bit, and i've found the cut scenes (so far only played and completed haven) to be some of the worst i've seen in a 2006 released game. The story line is vague, the characters are identical, the "good" girl, the one you follow, and the bad queen (isabel) have the same character model, the only thing that differes is their eye color, which makes following the story quite hard. The voice acting sound like a school play. It's understandable they dont want to put alot of resources into cut scens, but this looks like it's been made in a rush.

I would rather have had some narrated picture stills, having spend the budget on animators on artists instead, and the 10 bad voice actors on 1 "good" actor to narate instead.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
emilsn
emilsn


Legendary Hero
posted November 18, 2006 11:44 PM

The cutscenes are way better then in HoMM 5, this time their mouths moves atleast! and their eyes looks better! The cutscenes has been improwed! The voices are not that good, But they wasnt either in HoMM 5! And Freyda looks a lot like Isabell and yeah they sound a like! Put hey, its russians who made this game, give them a chance!

But The haven campaign sucks a lot! the history is not following very good on! And why do you get Renegade army when you cannot buy them!
Actully a lot of stuff is missing to the story! Because Isabell is EVIL! and she was supposed to be cleansed by the ARchmage! Something is missing here Nival?!
But, I just need to complete last mission then ill conquer the world with the dwarfs!Lets home they tell a good story!

Griffin eternal, or not they properly die!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RavenBlackRose
RavenBlackRose

Tavern Dweller
posted December 09, 2006 08:31 AM

Uh, without posting spoilers, Isabel makes sense (Read Laszlo's bio during the first mission, if you want to find out early, they kinda screwed that one up).

Freyda and Duncan were killed by Markal in the original Necromancer campaign (Missions 5 and 1, respectively), though, so why they're around for this one, is beyond me.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dkolb
dkolb


Promising
Known Hero
Nay Nay and Aslan Protector
posted December 09, 2006 09:36 AM

Is it just me or did they change the voice for Godric too?

He originally sounded like Sean Connery and was completely awesome, but now he sounds more normal.
____________
"...once you bought your first green dragon, there was already a necromancer with six or seven boners out and about-Lord_Wook"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted December 09, 2006 02:07 PM
Edited by Elvin at 14:19, 09 Dec 2006.

Quote:

Freyda and Duncan were killed by Markal in the original Necromancer campaign (Missions 5 and 1, respectively), though, so why they're around for this one, is beyond me.


Duncan?I don't seem to recall that.Can you support it?

Quote:
But The haven campaign sucks a lot! the history is not following very good on! And why do you get Renegade army when you cannot buy them!
Actully a lot of stuff is missing to the story! Because Isabell is EVIL! and she was supposed to be cleansed by the ARchmage! Something is missing here Nival?!


There are no inconsistences that I know of.
*SPOILERS*

Freyda goes to war because she is commanded.She must defeat rebel Caldwell that we saw in the original and Randall that left the empire recently with little Andrei.On the way she doubts her companions and thus is blackmailed into service.The troops she gets are 'blessed' by Isabel so only Isabel can train them as such.And of course Freyda starts working against them secretly for fear of losing her father.Even the way dwarves enter the storyline is logical enough.

Who said Isabel was cleansed?The initial ritual was disrupted by 'Shadya' and even by teleporting to the silver cities at the end we have no guarantee that the wizard's spells were powerful enough to return her to normal.I suspect that something else is amiss,something connected to Shadya

No Nival handled it very well here.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
VokialBG
VokialBG


Honorable
Legendary Hero
First in line
posted December 09, 2006 02:50 PM
Edited by VokialBG at 14:53, 09 Dec 2006.

The new cutscens are better, but still Nival must improve the models and the cutscens, maybe more avi/bik viadeos like in Dark Messiah.

Quote:
Is it just me or did they change the voice for Godric too?



Godric, no but Isabel yes

Quote:

Freyda and Duncan were killed by Markal in the original Necromancer campaign (Missions 5 and 1, respectively), though, so why they're around for this one, is beyond me.



Markal kill Freyda, but Duncan? Duncan is not in HoMM5!



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
emilsn
emilsn


Legendary Hero
posted December 09, 2006 06:11 PM

Quote:
There are no inconsistences that I know of.
*SPOILERS*

Freyda goes to war because she is commanded.She must defeat rebel Caldwell that we saw in the original and Randall that left the empire recently with little Andrei.On the way she doubts her companions and thus is blackmailed into service.The troops she gets are 'blessed' by Isabel so only Isabel can train them as such.And of course Freyda starts working against them secretly for fear of losing her father.Even the way dwarves enter the storyline is logical enough.

Who said Isabel was cleansed?The initial ritual was disrupted by 'Shadya' and even by teleporting to the silver cities at the end we have no guarantee that the wizard's spells were powerful enough to return her to normal.I suspect that something else is amiss,something connected to Shadya

No Nival handled it very well here.


okay the story makes sence now, i just have to get further in the story so it all makes great sence now

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted December 09, 2006 08:23 PM

Nival's way of storytelling requires an effort on our part to figure out what happens that they don't show us and when.We must be careful not to miss hints and probably play the game(s) more than once to figure out everything.There are quite a few conflicting interests between the various characters that can get confusing at times.

It helps to save before the cutscenes and watch them all again after you have finished the game.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RavenBlackRose
RavenBlackRose

Tavern Dweller
posted December 09, 2006 08:56 PM

Re - Freyda, Duncan
In the first Necromancer mission, the rebel lord Markal kills to break a siege on Isabel is Duncan, I'm assuming of course there aren't two guys named that.

Mission 5, he takes Freyda, gets attacked by Godric's angels, then says he's going to kill her since Godric didn't come himself, though I suppose he could've skipped out on it.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted December 09, 2006 09:11 PM

He could have fled maybe?I recall the incident but not the details.I agree that Nival likes things messy
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0261 seconds