Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > MapHaven Guild > Thread: heroes 4 rmg?
Thread: heroes 4 rmg? [ This thread is 2 pages long: (1) 2 ]
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted October 30, 2007 06:54 PM
Edited by mamgaeater at 19:21, 30 Oct 2007.

heroes 4 rmg?

Does anyone know how to make an rmg. because i realized heroes 4 doesn't have one. i was thinking like a template with zones and zones could be made. and heroes 4 would have a longer lifespan.

bottom line: i'd like some tips on how to make rmg's.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ByteBandit
ByteBandit


Promising
Famous Hero
Soul Merchant
posted October 31, 2007 12:55 AM

The only thing I can think of to do this would be with Slavas' H4Util program. I don't remember where to get it right off hand. Possibly in the CH Archives. I don't know how to use it yet though.
____________
The Archives

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted October 31, 2007 01:21 AM

Quote:
The only thing I can think of to do this would be with Slavas' H4Util program. I don't remember where to get it right off hand. Possibly in the CH Archives. I don't know how to use it yet though.


k thanks for trying to help.

this may take longer than i thought only one thing to do email tapani and become an assistant.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
skullman
skullman


Famous Hero
banned
posted October 31, 2007 08:57 PM

ehh ask a moderator
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 02, 2007 12:13 AM
Edited by BAD at 00:38, 02 Nov 2007.

Here is the link for random map:


Random Map Generator


Some hints to use random map made by Slava Salnikov

1. Make a folder on your desktop and extract there the files.
2. Go to Start Menu, Run and type CMD, after that, type cd desktop, then  dir, then cd h4util, then dir.

3. TO generate maps, use the following commands:

H4util –wr2
 will generate a Medium Random Map.
H4util –wr3
 will generate a Large Random Map.
H4util –wr4
 will generate an Extra-Large Random Map.

Should look like this after using H4util -wr:






P.S Hope that will help Also, you can write your own scripts and change many aspects using random map generator





____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ByteBandit
ByteBandit


Promising
Famous Hero
Soul Merchant
posted November 02, 2007 03:03 AM

BAD, you're the best! I was just about to delete my H4util thinking it was just too complicated to use. Thanks for the "H4util for Dummies" explanation.
The only "thing" bad I got to say about this program, is that it's more awkward to get a map than to generate one. Having to go into the CMD and go through all that riggamaroll to make the RMG come up. I'm sure Slava would've liked to of made an easier to use RMG, but this was all that was limited to him via NWC/3DO. At least he made one, which is more than we can say for what 3DO gave us, right?
Thanks for the easy explanation BAD.

I even made a copy of your steps and put it in the H4util folder for future reference. I know months from now, I'll forget how to do it. I'm so used to just clicking and making stuff.
____________
The Archives

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted November 02, 2007 05:26 PM
Edited by mamgaeater at 19:01, 02 Nov 2007.

well thanks a lot bad really appreciate the rmg you dug up there. and thanks for instructions this will help me a ton.
edit: i am having trouble getting it to work. its says the path to "h4 util" is an unspecified path

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2007 12:12 AM

Quote:
well thanks a lot bad really appreciate the rmg you dug up there. and thanks for instructions this will help me a ton.
edit: i am having trouble getting it to work. its says the path to "h4 util" is an unspecified path



Use exactly the same steps that I posted and should work properly
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ByteBandit
ByteBandit


Promising
Famous Hero
Soul Merchant
posted November 04, 2007 04:47 PM

Now if I could only get the picture map stuff to work. BAD.....how about a picture map for dummies. From beginning to end? As usual, I tried Slavas' instructions and I still could'nt get the map I wanted. Here's what I did:

1. MiniMap.bmp in 256 bitmap image 218 x 218 pixels for XL map.
2. Made a blank XL map and properly named it map. Has above and under.
3. Put both files in the H4util folder on my desktop.
4. Opened the H4util program and typed in: H4Util.exe map.h4c -w -10
5. Ran it.
6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.hrc, and my minimap is nowhere on map1.hrc or map.h4c.

What I did wrong is beyond me. Some advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
____________
The Archives

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted November 04, 2007 10:49 PM

BAD i don't understand how to generate a map i can acess it but how do i make a map?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2007 11:55 PM
Edited by BAD at 13:51, 05 Nov 2007.

Quote:
Now if I could only get the picture map stuff to work. BAD.....how about a picture map for dummies. From beginning to end? As usual, I tried Slavas' instructions and I still could'nt get the map I wanted. Here's what I did:

1. MiniMap.bmp in 256 bitmap image 218 x 218 pixels for XL map.
2. Made a blank XL map and properly named it map. Has above and under.
3. Put both files in the H4util folder on my desktop.
4. Opened the H4util program and typed in: H4Util.exe map.h4c -w -10
5. Ran it.
6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.hrc, and my minimap is nowhere on map1.hrc or map.h4c.

What I did wrong is beyond me. Some advice would be appreciated. Thanks.


Never tried this

When will have some free time, will check and post here.

This is a graphical user interface for H4util(extract files in the same folder with h4util):

H4Runner


P.S For arguments use the size of the map.

H4util -wr for:

1=S
2=M
3=L
4=XL

Example: H4util -wr4 for extra large








____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 05, 2007 12:43 AM
Edited by BAD at 00:57, 05 Nov 2007.

Quote:
BAD i don't understand how to generate a map i can acess it but how do i make a map?


Here is a movie made by me, showing how to generate a random map for Heroes IV:


How To Generate a RM



P.S Of course, you can choose what to make, including scipts.

My own version of Random Map was changed by me to generate more level 3 and 4 units on the map.



____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted November 05, 2007 02:15 AM

BAD saves the day... again

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ByteBandit
ByteBandit


Promising
Famous Hero
Soul Merchant
posted November 05, 2007 03:34 AM

First of all, I had a typo error in my report on line 6:

6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.hrc, and my minimap is nowhere on map1.hrc or map.h4c.

What this should read correctly is:

6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.h4c and my minimap is nowhere on map1.h4c or map.h4c.

Yes, I tried your method BAD, and no, it still does'nt create my picture map, sorry to say. I have the H4Runner and it's garbage for me so far. I get more "negative results" with the H4Utility itself. Which is progress in this case. Because at least the H4Utility is asking to send my error report to Microsoft.
I'm thinking Slava must've forgot a step somewhere, although others are making picture maps I see.
I know (most of the time) I'm not ignorant of following instructions, especially when it comes to computers. So I'm still at a loss.

____________
The Archives

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 05, 2007 04:04 AM
Edited by BAD at 04:05, 05 Nov 2007.

Quote:
First of all, I had a typo error in my report on line 6:

6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.hrc, and my minimap is nowhere on map1.hrc or map.h4c.

What this should read correctly is:

6. I get an exact copy of my map.h4c, but it's titled map1.h4c and my minimap is nowhere on map1.h4c or map.h4c.

Yes, I tried your method BAD, and no, it still does'nt create my picture map, sorry to say. I have the H4Runner and it's garbage for me so far. I get more "negative results" with the H4Utility itself. Which is progress in this case. Because at least the H4Utility is asking to send my error report to Microsoft.
I'm thinking Slava must've forgot a step somewhere, although others are making picture maps I see.
I know (most of the time) I'm not ignorant of following instructions, especially when it comes to computers. So I'm still at a loss.




Well, lets hope Slava will back soon to Wog and then we can ask him more about H4Utility

I'll try my self in the next days and must be a way to work because as you mentioned, some people succeed.



____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ByteBandit
ByteBandit


Promising
Famous Hero
Soul Merchant
posted November 05, 2007 05:45 PM

I hope Slava gets back to WoG soon also. It's just too stagnant right now. Which is probably why I'm discovering HoMM4. As soon as he gets back to WoG, I won't worry about H4 anymore.

Take as much time as you need to figure out how the picture map thing works, BAD. I have been experimenting with the H4 RMG for now. XL maps of course. I find that the "between turns" when playing them sure takes longer on the random maps. I even remove the scripts for faster play. Still kinda slow, but that's okay. Also, I find that when I clean the maps up a little (remove logs and stones from roads, remove crops, Bones, etc} the maps play a little better. I'm sure once I figure out good settings for the RMG, things can only improve. Still, it's good to have an RMG for H4.
Hope to hear from you soon on you findings for the picture maps. Good Luck.
____________
The Archives

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted November 06, 2007 02:31 AM
Edited by mamgaeater at 02:40, 06 Nov 2007.

some one doesn't want me to make random maps. my media player is not working.

edit: i got it working but i got an error message and it told me to email someone?
edit again: i got it working i just generated a map thanks for the help BAD
edit again again: i cannot edit or play map.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 06, 2007 03:33 AM

Quote:
some one doesn't want me to make random maps. my media player is not working.

edit: i got it working but i got an error message and it told me to email someone?
edit again: i got it working i just generated a map thanks for the help BAD
edit again again: i cannot edit or play map.



WHy cant you play the map? Whats wrong?


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BAD
BAD


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 06, 2007 07:30 PM
Edited by BAD at 17:56, 07 Nov 2007.

@ Bytebandit:

Try to use H4Util.exe map.h4c -w -l0 (l from L)


l0 - surface
l1 - underground


Now should work









 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted November 06, 2007 07:53 PM
Edited by mamgaeater at 22:14, 06 Nov 2007.

Quote:
Quote:
some one doesn't want me to make random maps. my media player is not working.

edit: i got it working but i got an error message and it told me to email someone?
edit again: i got it working i just generated a map thanks for the help BAD
edit again again: i cannot edit or play map.



WHy cant you play the map? Whats wrong?




well when i tried to load it into the map editor the editor encountered fatal error
edit: i inserted it into my maps file and now the game crashes when i try to select a scenario.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 2 pages long: (1) 2 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0979 seconds