Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Gladerion IC.
Thread: Gladerion IC. This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · NEXT»
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 08, 2008 10:44 AM
Edited by Mytical at 08:02, 13 Jan 2008.

Gladerion IC.

((In character chat for the Gladerion rpg))

(Reserved for description of the world, islands, ect).

For countless generations the legand of two mysterious islands have controlled the imagination of all the species on Gladerion.  One is patrolled in the sea by powerful amphibious creatures that sink any ship foolish enough to enter it's water.  The other is much larger, and is said to be the past home of a great civilization that has long since dissapeared.

Some say the inhabitants of the 2nd island ascended to godhood, the others say they abandoned the world for interplaner travel.  Other say they just slumber somewhere in the vast catacombs that lay under the soil of that island.  Claims of powerful artifacts and magical items, along with vast natural resources have drawn countless people to its lands.  None have ever returned.  From the natural dangers of the island and the constant sea battles the races wage for dominance of the island even getting to it is an adventure.

The person or group of people courageous enough, adventurous enough, and lucky enough to tame this island will most likely to be the most powerful in the world.  If it is even possible to do so.  All the governments finance expeditions to this great island for anybody foolish enough to risk it.

The Island of Probos.

None of the 'islands' can really be called islands, as they are rather large.  Probos is no exception.  In fact, it is the largest of the 'islands'.  ((Roughly 65% the size of Australia).  Also, it benifits from a lot of natural defenses that has allowed the Humans to grow mostly unhindered.  From the North east to the North west the island is ringed with enormous mountains apon which the humans have placed large ballista and Archer Platforms.  Several trebuche and catapult also rest on areas flattened by them.  It is complete madness for any ocean armada to even consider assult in that direction.

Along the entire east side is a place known as 'The shark reef' for the enormous jagged reef that tears any ship up that aproaches from that side.  The entire west side the humans have castles, their own armada, and large ammounts of shore to ship weapons.  That leaves the south side.  The south at first appears to be the safest path to Probos.  The humans have a pact with a group of sea dragons that patrol this area, and who have their nest there.  It is totally safe, as long as the humans grant permission to dock on the beach there.

The Island of Tlefin.

Almost entirely covered in forest, with no natural barriers.  The closest to a true island the edges are pleasant beaches, and the interior is a vast jungle.  Which is actually why it is so dangerous to approach the island.  It is impossible to see the elves that patrol the edge of the island constantly, and with their magic and bows if they do not want you there, you best not go there.  They can see for miles do to the lack of obsticles, and have at least a few druids to clear up fog or mist should it hinder their sight.

The island of Var'tal.

Almost pure mountain and not very inviting if you are anything but a dwarf.  Mostly the fact that the island is not very visually appealing, and the fact that in order to wrest it from the Dwarves would intel flushing them from the endless mine shafts they have made, is why this island is left alone by the other races.  It is never wise to confront a dwarf under a mountain.


The Isle of Jderic
Almost a perfect mix of Var'Tal, Probos, and Tlefin.  Medium size forest, mountain ranges, and vast tunnels make up the whole island.  They don't have much in the way of 'natural' defenses, but their tunnels run everywhere on the island and they can be their within minutes.  With traps everywhere, and countless hidden watchers, the island has held up against some very severe attacks.


____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 12, 2008 08:20 AM

Tomoe O'Del slunk through the back alley of Harrowdale.  He was following a rather rich looking mark.  The large purse dangling from the man's belt was just calling his name.  In Tomoe's mind anybody foolish enough to wear their pouch out in the open like that deserved what they got.

He followed the pigeon toward the warehouse district.  As soon as the mark was alone he closed in.  Just as he was about to club the gentleman on the back of the head 3 reptilian creatures emerged from the shadows.  Drat, the pigeon had body guards.  He swung into action feinting at the closest one, and then darting toward the safety of the shadows.

He was about a foot away when he felt something hit him in the back.  Things went dark.  They found Tomoe's body floating face up in the sea by Harrowdale, a long seregated knife embedded in his back.  His was a short and unsuccessful carrier in theivery.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Tastes like chicken
posted January 12, 2008 12:53 PM

Rabidus walked out of his front door and stood there savouring the moment. Today all had been revealed, the meaning of his existence finally given shape in his mind!

Long ago he had found his true calling, that of nature and the plants that were the joy of his life. Those stupid greedy humans don't show them the proper respect, they should be taught better than that! Building cities and roads they scar the face of Probos, if only he could pluck them out one by one. He then knew that he had to take a more active role and decided to delve into the study of arcane arts to unlock the secrets of the cosmos and imbue himself with the power he needed for his quest. Being a disciplined mind he modified the magical energies coursing through him to be affected with the power of nature just as he enhanced the nature of his plans with the power of magic, it felt truly grand.

And that very morning the neighbour had told him that the fabled amulet of treehugging was located in the middle island! The druid was not as educated in magical lore to know its properties but the neighbour was kind enough to inform him that it can augment the power and growth of plants that he desperately craved for - what a good man. In a few minutes he had gathered some food, a pouch of seeds his magic bag - one of his latest inventions that stored plants in rich soil and provided what a small ecosystem needed - and his staff. He felt ready for facing his destiny.

"The acorns will fall like meteors upon the infidels! They shall know the terror of Rabidus Bitterleaf!" He chuckled evilly as he threw some seeds on the nearby garden. The next day the owner would find it infested with carnivorous plants, Moander be praised.
____________
Being human is a roller coaster ride of emotions during rainstorms and sunshine, sprinkled with moments when you can almost reach the stars.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
OD
OD


Known Hero
or Grizzly Bear?
posted January 13, 2008 07:29 AM
Edited by OD at 07:36, 13 Jan 2008.

The window shattered into a thousand pieces as the body of the butcher flew into the street.  Cut hundreds of times over, the butcher tried to pull himself up as his assailant loomed closer.  

"Hon-honestly," his voice quivered, "I-I don't know what you are talking about! I'm just a simple butcher!" cried the portly, smock clad man.  

Unconvinced, his assailant picked him up with two enormous hands as a crowd gathered to see what the commotion was.  Connected to the hands was a large individual clad in black plate, with a nasty looking cleaver secured to his side.  A vicious looking hound growled at his side, waiting for the chance to dine on the petrified butcher.  

"YOU DARE YOU LIE TO MORDOCK, LORD OF UNHOLY FURY???!!!" shouted the assailant.  The massive man drew in the butcher closer.  

"WHERE ARE THE CHICKENS???!!!  I know they are here somewhere!"  His gaze intensified but relaxed as he realized the truth.  "They must have told you I was coming.  That's why they aren't here."  Irked, Mordock released his grip on the butcher, dropping him to the ground with a thud.  He turned to the blood-thirsty hound next to him who was greedily eyeing the poor butcher.  

"There's no time for that Bitey!  No doubt the chickens have alerted the authorites to our location by now.  We need to get out of here."  

That said, the man and hound fled the scene.  
____________
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 13, 2008 07:51 AM

Word spread quickly through the islands.  A misterious mist appeared off the coast of Probos near the town of Ganhdlebrig.  The few survivors told of the sounds of hooves and faint glimpses of skeletal knights riding huge dark horses.  It was a slaughter.  The town was lain to waste.  Yet not a child was harmed, nor did whatever that was in the mist chase those who fled the town.  The mist receeded, taking with it whatever was in the mist.

The towns people bodies bore not a mark on their flesh, but were quite dead all the same.  Clerics blessed the bodies and buried them with holy wards so to keep them from rising as undead.  It is unclear where the mist originates from, or why it suddenly appeared.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 14, 2008 09:46 AM

The line behind Mathew groaned as he pulled out yet another stack of papers.  "According to article 192, subsection 30, in order to gain admittance to the archives the following forms have to be filled out.  N3120, X 14359, Z 4128, and 3-a.  I've taken the liberty of prepairing the forms in advance."

"Sir, as I've been trying to explain to you, those laws are ancient.  Everybody is allowed in, and all we need is you to sign the register." replied the obviously frustrated librarian.

"Laws are laws.  No law has yet been passed to superceede these requirements.  Now, I need to research the laws regarding getting governement funding for an expidition to the center island.  If you would sign the forms here, here, here, and initial here, I can begin doing so." Mathew insisted.  Under no circumstances would he break the law.

"Fine, fine, if it will get you out of my hair." the librarian signed and initialed the right places.  "Is that everything?"

"Yes, thank you for your adherence to the law.  I will return with the matierials I need and the forms I need in order to check them out.  Good day."

The librarian groaned as he left, but the people in line sighed a breath of releif.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Ceres
Ceres


Supreme Hero
and sweetness
posted January 14, 2008 03:26 PM
Edited by Ceres at 15:28, 14 Jan 2008.

“Lolth, be praised all victory is her doing…” a woman’s soft voice filled the air with eerie.

Satella, an aspiring to be priestess of Lolth but as of now is still an average cleric, was in deep concentration, chanting a prayer to her dark goddess.  Her eyes were totally shut, trying to picture the Spider Queen in her mind.  Her body was stiff, not even wanting to slightly move or she might not please her.  She was kneeling on the ground in front of the offered animal in which she had a hard time of providing one – a live chicken.  

The chicken lies on the ground firmly tied almost looking like a mummy.  Only its chest was exposed seems to be welcoming a dagger to be plunged.  The young cleric raised her hands holding the dagger firmly.  And as soon as she had finished the prayer she brought all her might up into the dagger ready to stab the poor chicken but her stomach grumbled.

“Oh, I’m hungry,” she whispered to herself, “I should’ve just eaten this one.”

Earlier before, trying to appease Lolth, Satella attempted to find a luxurious offering for her goddess.  But the surrounding was harsh.  There are numerous wild animals nearby but none she could handle.  It would be likely that the animals will feast on her before she could give her goddess a feast.  And the chicken she accidentally saw on the road which seems to be a run away from the barn nearby was the only viable sacrifice she can ever think of.  

Satella will do anything for her goddess.  So she doesn’t let the opportunity to escape.  She chased the chicken down and tied it so it cannot escape but the act made her really tired and hungry.

“No,” Satella shook her head, “I will endure anything for the Spider Queen.”

She held the dagger high again and repeated the chant, “Lolth, be praised all victory is her do- “.

Satella stopped the prayer when she heard several hasty and heavy footsteps nearby, “Nobody should see me here,” she said to herself.

The cleric quickly covered her offering with dried leaves parting it unseen as she rushed to a nearby huge tree for cover.  Satella knows her situation on this world.  For them, dark elves are dangerous and therefore needs to be eliminated – a teaching from her homeland.  She tried to listen where the footsteps are coming from and when confirmed she peeked on its direction.  A male human accompanied with an animal appears to be approaching on her direction.  Assuming danger, she held her dagger close to her ready to defend if attacked.  But to her surprise the human just passed on her.  At first she thought she was relieved but as the man walked forward she realized that he’s just going to step his heavy foot on her offering.  

“Not my chicken!!” she screamed.

With that, she rushed towards the man hoping to push him out of the way and save her hard-earned offering but instead she stumbled on the ground losing the grip on her dagger and her face flat kissing the grasses.

“My chicken…” Satella mumbled miserably.
____________
And when the stars fall, I
will lie awake. You're my
shooting star.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 14, 2008 10:40 PM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 22:50, 14 Jan 2008.

Alkar, a man who, just recently, gained enough skill in the arcane to even be considered a mage, awoke early in the morning. Though it may be a problem for some, he prepares for it the night before. He has done this for quite a while, too, so he is quite used to it by now.

He begins his morning by going straight to his spellbook, and studying it. That takes a bit of time to accomplish. After that is complete, he goes about the small house he lives in, fixing something to eat, and getting ready for church. While doing this he carries around, and studies a book lent to him from the church. He had expressed an interest to join the clergy to the head priest there, and was, then, told to read this book. It wasn’t something that, if he read it, then he’d be a member, but it would help him understand, more, about his deity. He was near to the end, though.

After all of the preparations were made, Alkar set out, on his walk to the church building. He was still reading the book, though. He paid little attention to what was going on around him. He has a certain path that he takes to get to the church, however, and most people know it. And they know how he can get into reading. So, they move out of his way, so that they don’t get run into.

As he reads the last word of the book, he closes it, and looks at what is ahead of him. There stands the church of his deity. A fairly nice looking structure, and not very old either. He steps up to the door, and reaches for the handle, but the door opens before his hand reaches it. Alkar steps in.

“Hello, Alkar,” says a woman on the other side of the door. “You’re here the same time, as usual.”

She walks off, to join her parents, giggling a little. They hardly know each other outside of church. Her father owns the item shop where he gets his writing supplies. She is about five years younger than Alkar, but he finds her maturity to be even less. But he hardly cares.

Church goes on, and much is learned.

As church lets out, most, if not all, of the peasants that worship this god leave the building, and head back home. Alkar, however, remains. He heads up to the head priest, and returns the borrowed book.

“I have read this, and am returning it now. How might I further my entrance into the clergy?”

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
OD
OD


Known Hero
or Grizzly Bear?
posted January 15, 2008 10:51 PM
Edited by OD at 02:06, 16 Jan 2008.

((OCC:  I had this post all typed up earlier, but the executive director of the office was looking right over my shoulder, so I couldn't post it.))

"Bitey, protect the woman.  I will deal with this fowl presence."  The hound obeys and quickly puts himself between the priestess and the chicken.  No feathery freak would dare attack anybody on his watch.  

Mordock approaches the chicken cautiously with cleaver in hand.  When he comes a foot away from it, he quickly turns to his left, then to his right.  

"YOU WON'T SURPRISE ME!" he shouts as he turns to his back and ultimatley towards the chicken.  After a few seconds, the warrior is convinced he is safe and quickly picks up the chicken.  

"Now," he says in a calm voice "where are the others?"

The chicken just clucks and tries to wrestle free of the Lord's grip.  Mordock's expression slowly breaks as vains start to pop out of his neck.  

"WHERE ARE THE OTHER CHICKENS???!!!" he screams with fury--unholy fury--as he draws his cleaver closer to the chickens head.  "Perhaps you'll be more inclined to answer when Rusty McHackington asks the questions?!"  

The chicken starts clucking violently as Rusty attempts to get acquainted.  "Still don't want to talk, bird?  Now you've gone and hurt Rusty's feelings.  And Rusty doesn't like it when someone hurts his feelings!"  An evil, toothy grin greets the bird as death pecks at its neck.  As the deranged warrior starts to decapitate the terrified bird, a rock hits his armor.  "What the?" he asks in confusion as he stops milimeters from lopping the head off the poor fowl.  

"THERE HE IS!  THAT'S THE MAN WHO JUMPED ME IN MY STORE!!!"

Mordock quickly turns around to see as a mob, led by the butcher, comes upon him.  Dozens of individuals holding torches, pitchforks, and shouting profanity, march towards the Lord.  

"STAY BACK!" shouts Mordock desperately as he turns around, holding the cleaver to the chicken's neck.  "I know you are in cohoots with this bird.  One more move and he gets it!"

"GET HIM!" shouts angry mob as they rush towards the madman.  

"DAMNIT!" Mordock shouts as he drops the bird and with a mighty kick, sends it flying towards the mob. The feathery missile strikes the butcher right in the face, knocking him off his feat and causing several members of the crowd to fall back.  

"IT'S CHICKEN-KICKING GOOD!" shouts Mordock as he turns towards the priestess.

"Fear not m'lady, those chicken lovers will not harm you while I'm around!  Come Bitey!"  With that, he scoops up the priestess and flees the scene with Bitey in tow.  
____________
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wog_edn
wog_edn

Promising

The Nothingness
posted January 18, 2008 11:54 AM

Obscurum crouched in the shadows, watching the sentry pass. When the man were out of sight he lept over the open grass and toward the Temple. Again he stopped, this time to see if there were any guards he had not noticed. He smiled slightly, some were placed on the roof. Obscurum frowned, he were smelling something.

"Got ya!" someone shouted, and suddenly the grass were set on fire.

Obscurum gave the person a cold smile, and sprinted through the flames. Oil. He focused on the grass under the person that had extended his hands toward him and the grass were put on fire. The person screamed in rage, and stumbled back.

"So you thought you could get me." Obscurum hissed, and sprinted toward the doors to the Temple.

There were no need to hide now, he were already spotted by one person and the guards would come quickly. One of them appeared from out of the burshes, sword risen high. Obscurum drew one of his knives and planted it in the man's stumack. Then he were through the doors, and threw himself over a bloodred line that was painted on the floor.

"I made it." he exhaled, and breathed heavily.

"I know." someone said, and a priestess stepped out of the shadows. "You are now one of us, a worthy elementalist, a priest. But since you are a man you will not work in the temple, you will have to be an assasin. Do you agree?"

Obscurum nodded.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ceres
Ceres


Supreme Hero
and sweetness
posted January 18, 2008 03:06 PM

Satella was upset for what just happened.  Heavy sighs can be heard from the woman.  Her hard earned chicken offering ended up onto some random creature’s face.  This makes her totally out of Lolth’s favor.  But the real question is, was she in the Spider Goddess’ favor before?  And now, she’s with a stranger human.  Although she’s been observing him and his animal companion for quite a while, she’s unsure on what to do next.  

Thoughts of killing the man or his companion or both had filled her mind, so they could replace the lost chicken offering for her goddess.  But that sounds impossible.  It is obvious that she can be killed first before she could ever hurt one of them.  And besides, the man had shown nothing terrible to her.  She assumed that the man knows she is a dark elf but still he had not shown any disgust towards her.  She heaves a sigh and scratches her head.

“That’s why they hate me,” Satella mumbles to herself with disgust, “I am not acting like one.”

After moments of distress and silence she began to speak, “Uh, so do you think we are far from them now?”

Satella looks back then to the fighter on her front.  Noticing that the man had not responded for a while she walks besides him.

“By the way, I’m Satella,” she introduces herself to the man and extends her hand for a greeting.

She look at him and smiles, a friendly smile but a bit timid too, “What do you think?”

____________
And when the stars fall, I
will lie awake. You're my
shooting star.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 21, 2008 11:45 AM

Mathew was bartering for passage to the middle island.  He had secured funding from the kingdom, a substantial sum actually.  Probably just to get rid of him, but he would never admit that.  "Article y73 - 13 clearly states that all vessel captains will barter in good faith and provide services equal to the ammount agreed apon.  I want you to sail me to the middle island and back when I am ready to leave, not tame the island single handedly!" he protested.

"Stuff yer articles.  Wile yer are at it stuff yer laws.  Hav' ye not heard about that ther fog?  It be causin havoc everwere.  Ye want to go n get yerself killed on some island they be yer problem, I'll not risk me ship and crew for a copper less."

Mathew reviewed a couple of laws in his head.  Unfortunately undo risk did override the article.  He'd have to pay the sum to be legal.  Laws overrode financial concerns.  That would mean he'd have to find people to share the cost.  Bother.  Maybe he might have some luck in the local tavern.  He'd have to find somebody willing to sign an agreement, however.  To make things all legal.

He headed off to the tavern.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
JoonasTo
JoonasTo


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 21, 2008 11:57 AM
Edited by JoonasTo at 07:55, 23 Jan 2008.

A young man is walking in a harbor. He is tanned from spending last months at sea. He's a sailor to the Merchant Marek, the 57th richest man on Probos.

"Agera! Nice to see you again. Care for a glass or two?", a man with uniform shouts.

"Allways Greglo! But I'm paying I aint gonna take that job. Navy is too dangerous. Floating seagull?"

"Floating seagull."

The two start walking to a tavern.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Azagal
Azagal


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Smooth Snake
posted January 21, 2008 12:36 PM
Edited by Azagal at 09:52, 22 Jan 2008.

The island of Var'tal

Guard Post on the outskirts of the Dwarven Kingdom:
Two Dwarfs patrol at the area arround the entrence to their Kingdom.


Thalgold: This has to be the most boring job in the entire kingdom...
Fhaldin: Yeah guess you're right. When they told me that I was going to "serve honorably and with great pride for the safety of our beloved kingdom" I didn't expect to end up here... Geee... what do we do here anyway? The goblins here are an pathetic joke like they would be a thread.
Thalgold: Yeah...it's ridicolous. And we don't even have a decent shower. Not that you'd care about that though.
Fhaldin: Shut up...

While they were walking a tall figure appears out of the woods

Barak: You guys never quite whining do you?
Fhaldin: Look who's back! You were supposed to take our shift one hour ago!! Just because you're taller than the rest of us it doesn't mean you get to do what you want you know?
Barak: Guess you don't...
Thalgold: Anyways I'll go back to the guard post. Coming to Fhaldin?
Fhaldin: No I'll rather stay here and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
Thalgold: ...?
Fhaldin: Of course I'm coming too you moron... See you Barak.
Barak: Bye.

The two Dwarfes leave for their guard post. After they've put a little distance between them and Barak they start to talk.

Fhaldin: I don't like that guy...
Thalgold: Why? He's nice.
Fhaldin: Well yeah but he's strange...
Thalgold: What do you expect?! His mother died when he was born and his father never came back from that stupid expedition to the center island. He was raised by the priests and after his training as a cleric he somehow ended up here. That's all I know.I have no clue how he actually got to get that tall... Anyways you're bound to be "strange" when all that happens to you.
Fhaldin: Hmm... How do you know all that? He never talks about anything personal!
Thalgold: Geee... it was in the letter of introduction we received from headquarters you dimwit!
Fhaldin: Anyways I still don't trust him.
Thalgold: You big wimp it's just because he's already made you 2 gold pieces poorer in poker.
Fhaldin: Oh just shut up will you??

They disapear into the guard post

Barak's thougths: Hmpf. What the hell am I doing here? I thougth I've could have seen some action here and actually get into real combat but it has been 2 months now and the fierciest foe I have encountered here was a goblin... Gee what a waste of time. But somehow I have to get some training... Thalgold and Fhaldin are no real foes either and my daily workouts don't give me any combat experience. Hmmm... I need a job for something dangerous but not deadly... What about being a guard of caravan? That sounds about right those things get attacked all the time by thieves! Yeah that's what'll do.
____________
"The superior man is modest in
his speech but exceeds in his
actions." Confucius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Tastes like chicken
posted January 22, 2008 01:57 AM
Edited by Elvin at 02:00, 22 Jan 2008.

Rabidus had picked up a fast pace meaning to get to docks as soon as possible. Turning around a corner he bumped into a stranger scattering his papers on the ground.
"Blast you and your papers can't you see where you are going? I have to catch the first ship out of here and you are getting in my way!"

The stranger picked up the forms quickly and apologized shyly. "I'm really sorry for that, was absorbed in my thoughts. I'm actually lucky I bumped on you, I had tried to secure a ship myself earlier but the captain refuses to sail unless a certain sum is met due to an override certified on paragraph 23 of law.."

Rabidus regained his composure but the constant blabbering was getting to him.
"Hold a moment there. So you are saying that we are stranded here unless we pay some extra gold?"

"Basically yes. I was heading to the tavern to find some companions for the journey so we could share the cost. But we have not introduced properly yet, I am Mathew the librarian pleased to meet you."

Rabidus smiled proudly.
"Rabidus Bitterleaf, a servant of nature with aspirations to restore her back to her former glory."

"Fascinating, a man with a mission! Let's head to the tavern then, oh and please fill this form, here and here."

Rabidus chuckled to himself, things were falling in place and the first obstacle had presented a solution before it even appeared. "Soon, stupid greedy humans, very soon!"
____________
Being human is a roller coaster ride of emotions during rainstorms and sunshine, sprinkled with moments when you can almost reach the stars.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 22, 2008 04:48 AM

The head priest and Alkar have a lengthy conversation. It lasts for hours. This is of little concern to him, though. His deity is worth it. After a while, Alkar is offered a holy symbol, which he gladly accepts. He is also issued some clerical vestments to add to his wardrobes.

“This does not mean you are an actual member of the clergy, yet,” says the head priest. “You are close, however. For you to join, and further your position, we have a mission for you to undertake. There is something, or multiple items, on the central island. We would like you to go and acquire this, or these items.”

Without a question, I accept this mission. I stand up, and put on the vestments, and place the holy symbol around my neck.

The head priest adds on, “I would recommend you gain some assistance, though. There are some strong creatures around. Some may not be so kind as to leave you be. Plus, there are those that might decide that they just don’t like you; or anybody. Help in those situations might be the only thing that could save you.”

Thanks are given, and farewells are said. With that, Alkar leaves the building, heading back home. The path home is the same as always, people making sure to move out of his way. Again, they know him well. He is deep in thought, and not paying attention to what is in front of him, much. He thinks for a while about what he should do about finding help that the head priest advised him to do.

“That tavern! It usually has some adventurers and that type of people! I should go see if there could be help I could get from there! But, first, I should gather my things.”

Alkar reaches his house, and gathers his things. It doesn’t take too long to do. He is quite familiar with how he has things organized in his house.

“Come, Sakyh. We have an important task to go do.”

His cat follows him out the door, and they both head towards the tavern.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Azagal
Azagal


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Smooth Snake
posted January 22, 2008 11:11 AM

Baraks thoughts:

...Hmmm...My luck isn't as good as I thougth. We've been travelling for 2 weeks now and have allmost reaced Probos and not even one lousy attempt to attack this caravan. Judging by the payment this job should atleast have been a bit dangerous.

Alexander: Boy this is so boring all we do is marching day and night, the food sucks and there are no women arround. I should have stayed in Algar. We haven't even gotten any excitement from the trip tzzz I wish we would have gotten attacked.

Baraks thoughts:
...How I hate people like him. Just being talk but not actually being able to do anything. Ha... he wouldn't even stand a chance against a goblin. For heavens sake he doesn't even wear his sword on the right side! Worthless trash

Alexander: I wonder when we're finally there. Hey you! You overgrown dwarf why is it you get to ride a horse ha? It's not like you are anything better than us.
Barak turns his head slowly: What did you say?
Alexander: You heared me! I'm the one who does all the hard work here and you're just standing arround and riding your horse!
Barak: Go ahead and tell the caravan leader how mean I am... And now shut up.
Alexander: Hold this guys

He hands his backbag to one of the soldiers next to him

What do you say? Let's fight about that horse.
Barak: No.
Alexander: Ha I knew it! Tzzz I thougth dwarves were supposed to be brave.
Barak: You're neither worth my time nor my strength
Alexander: Shut up you piece of snow!

He wants to charge Barak but a friend of his holds him back
Rekan: Get a hold of yourself you idiot. Sorry for the trouble sir he just hasn't slept well. I'm sorry.
Barak: Don't wo...
Alexander: SHUT UP! That guy thinks he's something better than me. I'll show him!
Barak: Well I am. And now shut up! Listen to your friend who obviously has better manners than you.
Alexander: Ha! Like I'd listen to you!
Barak: You should.
Alexander: Yeah right... son of a ...

Before he got to finish his insult Barak had already demounted and given him a heavy blow to the face
Alexander:...Now you're going to get it!!

He charges at him sword lifted high above his head. Barak dodges his blow, graps him at his throat and hurls him on the floor.

Barak: Now get lost.
Alexander: You....

Alexander gets up. But as soon as he stands Barak has already taken his swordarm in an irongrib. He twitches it out of his hand and throws him back into the dirt. Before Alexander get's up he pulls his double axe and holds one of the edges to Alexanders throat.

Barak: What are you going to do now?

Alexander doesn't reply. He just lays there looking hatefilled at Barak

Barak: No so though anymore are you now? Scum... He you

Rekan who has been watching the fight turns at him

please take care of this... he musters Alexander with some obvious arogance ... idiot.

Barak turns arround to get on his horse again. He hears how Alexander get's back up and runs towards him. After parrying his blow he lets go of his axe with one of his hands in order to punch Alexander. Alexander flies back and lands unconscious on the road

Barak mumbles: Scum...

He get's back on his horse, sighes and takes his place in the caravan again.
Irritating idiot...

____________
"The superior man is modest in
his speech but exceeds in his
actions." Confucius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
OD
OD


Known Hero
or Grizzly Bear?
posted January 22, 2008 11:00 PM
Edited by OD at 01:36, 23 Jan 2008.

"We are never far from those in cahoots with the Eastern Chicken Cabal.  Always be on guard.  They will try to kill you sooner or later.  Trust me; I've been fending off their assassins for years."  Mordock says with a stoic expression.  Judging by the notches on his clever, the priestess can see he isn't lying.  

The warrior stops and turns around to face his unlikely companion.  "I am Mordock, Lord of Unholy Fury!"  His voice booms across the surrounding area, plainly warning any who would defy his might.  "Those who stand before me, die.  Those who send people to stand before me, die.  Those who have chicken feathers, chicken beaks, cluck like chickens, and incidentally are chickens, DIE!"  He draws out his cleaver and makes several slashing motions, showing any spying chickens what lies in store for them.  

After he calms down and puts his cleaver away, he motions to his dog.  "As to my companion here, this is Bitey."

The dog wanders over to Satella and begins sniffing her.

"Don't worry, he won't bite.  Unless I tell him to or your a chicken.  Hmm... he hasn't biten you yet, so I guess you aren't a chicken.  That's good for you.  Oh, and I nearly forgot the rest of the gang."

Mordock lets out a mighty whistle that echoes loudly.  As if from nowhere, three more hounds come running to his side.  They eagerly sit down by their master while carefully eyeing the priestess "Let me introduce you to the rest of my family."  He begins to point to the dogs, who appear to be so identical, one could wonder how he keeps track of which is whick.  

"This is Taily, Barky, and Baron VonWoofenstein the VIII."  The three dogs join Bitey in sniffing the priestess over.  Once satifised that she isn't in league with the fowl menance, they return to Mordock.

"Now that introductions are out of the way, I saw we move on to the next city.  We will have better luck tracking down the chickens that way!"  

================================================================

After about twenty minutes of walking, Mordock and his new friend arrive in a local city.  Their presence is greet by a doomsayer who is shouting to to heavens.  

"THY END IS NIGH!!!  REPENT!!!  WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!"  

Mordock gasps.  "He must know of the chickens too!"  The warrior heads on over to speak with the man.  

"Why is thy end night?" Mordock asks.  

"THE MISTS!!! THE MISTS WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!  THEY'VE RAVAGED THE ISLAND OF PROBOS!!!  BEWARE!!! EVIL!!! EVIL!!!" replies the pessimist.  

"Yes... It all makes sense now..." Mordock turns to his new companion.  "That's just like the Chickens to send poison mist to ravage an island.  They are very crafty."  He turns back to the Doomsayer.

"Which way to the docks?" he asks.

"THAT WAY!!! BEWARE!!!" responds the drama queen.  

Mordock signals to his dogs to follow him and turns back to Satella.  "Ok, I'm going to get us a boat.  Why don't you go to a tavern and get us some supplies?"  

With that, he heads off to find a boat.  

==================================================================

The docks prove to be a rather empty place.  Fear of the mist has significantly cut into ferry services, making it difficult for the warrior and his pets to find a ship.  Fortunately, luck has a way of helping the foolish.  On the furthest and most desolate part of the port, a sailor and his large ship lie in wait.  "Excellant.  Now to get a ship."

In short time, the brutish warrior finds himself talking to the captain of the ship.  A scrawny looking guy, Mordock isn't convinced this man has any idea of how to man a ship.  

"M-may I help you?" asks the captain in a somewhat frightened voice.  Clearly the man has never spoken to a Lord of Unholy Fury before.

"Calm down.  I'm not going to hurt you" says Mordock in an uncharacteric tone.  "I'm merely seeking passage to the isle of Probos."

The captain calms down, disarmed by the friendly tone of the warrior.  "Probos?  That's where all the mist is.  You could die!"

"Nah, the chickens won't trick me" replies Mordock confidently.  "Just tell me how much it's going to cost me to get you to take us there."  

"Chickens?" the captain mutters to himself.  "Err...well, I could certainly use the money.  Let's see...I guess I could drop you off on the far coast for about 500 gold."

"500 gold huh?" Mordock asks as he thrusts his hand into a bag on his side.  He pulls out his fist, uncurls it, and places it before the captain. "Will that do?"

The captain just stares.  "Uh... but there's nothing there."

"Oh, sorry about that. Give me a sec.  How's THIS!"  Mordock quickly curls his fist up and with a migthty uppercut, knocks the poor captain unconscious.  He quickly drags the body off to the side and rests it behind some crates.  

"Sorry good sir, but I can't risk any chickens harming you on my journey.  You'll thank me later."

Mordock quickly motions to Bitey and Baron VonWoofenstein the VIII to stand guard while he begins to boards his new ship.
____________
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
JoonasTo
JoonasTo


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 23, 2008 08:09 AM
Edited by JoonasTo at 10:08, 23 Jan 2008.

Agera and Greglo are sitting at a table near the doors in the Floating Seagull.

"You really should come and join us. The pay is good and it really isn't as suicidal as you seem to think.
Besides you are the best damn sailor I've seen and if anyone should know it's me."

"It's not the battles I avoid it's the Queen of the depths I respect. I'm not keen on worshipping her and going out to the deep seas without her blessing is pure madness. I'd rather stick to my own domain.
Where I will stay alive.
At least for a while."
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted January 23, 2008 08:19 AM

Mathew walks in with his new traveling compainon.  "Ah why don't you grab a seat good fellow.  I will post a notice upon the board as per artical 77 of the adventuring guild manifesto of 10 years ago."

He approaches the barkeep who points out the board.  Drawling up a very official looking document he posts it on the board.

Wanted - Group of individuals to share the costs of passage to the center island.  Must be willing to sign an agreement and contract as to specifics.  Must be able to adhere to Law 77b of the adventuring guild's manifesto.  Please inquire at the table at the left corner.

He comes and sits with his new compainon, but sets with his back in the corner.  He lays out all sorts of forms and documents.  Then starts boring his companion by droneing on and on about forms, laws, articles, and things half of which are archaic and of no value but still on the law books.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0418 seconds