Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Modders Workshop > Thread: [Request] Recolored undead faction
Thread: [Request] Recolored undead faction This thread is 9 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · «PREV / NEXT»
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 16, 2008 02:07 PM

Quote:
@Gnoll_Mage:
Hmmm... I've checked out (and modificated) all of these files and gain no results. IMO you missed something.
Strange. Like there is a missing file...


What did you do to each of those files to see if any of them made a difference?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 16, 2008 02:12 PM

I searched for every file which contains word 'banshee' and is a dds file. Then, I recolored all pink to other color (especially cloud-looking things) and packed it to a h5u file. To no avail.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 16, 2008 03:14 PM

Did you make use of the list I wrote?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 16, 2008 03:28 PM

Yes, I extracted all files you listed and edited them, with no result :/ I think, something must be changed in xdb's...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 16, 2008 05:03 PM

Well those are all the textures, so unless I made a mistake and missed one, one of those must be the correct one. I'd suggest editing all of them, but add a high-contrast pattern to them rather than changing colours, and / or add a pattern to the alpha channel.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 16, 2008 05:24 PM
Edited by Hellburn at 17:37, 16 Mar 2008.

I'll see what I can do.

Can you tell me how to learn which effect-files are associated with certain creature?
I always only guessed which files to edit. It would be a lot of easier if I could recognize the files myself.

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?stilb9m2ni4 <- all effect files converted to bmp.
If it's everything I'd guess it's something with cloud, smoke, fire or glow...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 17, 2008 12:18 AM
Edited by Gnoll_Mage at 00:20, 17 Mar 2008.

To view effect files, the easiest thing to do is to use the editor. Create an instance of the creature in question, then go into its shared properties, then animset - then for each animation there is one or zero effects, each with one or more of particleinstances and modelinstances. Textures are linked to from particleinstances; for modelinstances there will be one linked-to model, which will have materials and hence associated textures. You can test to see which part creates the pink smoke etc. by `removing` in some way each part in turn. Hope that makes some sense.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lesij
Lesij


Famous Hero
posted March 17, 2008 11:15 AM

Will th recolouring affect the net play???
It isn't a change of geometrics, changin creatures abilities, etc., etc...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 17, 2008 12:08 PM

Quote:
To view effect files, the easiest thing to do is to use the editor. Create an instance of the creature in question, then go into its shared properties, then animset - then for each animation there is one or zero effects, each with one or more of particleinstances and modelinstances. Textures are linked to from particleinstances; for modelinstances there will be one linked-to model, which will have materials and hence associated textures. You can test to see which part creates the pink smoke etc. by `removing` in some way each part in turn. Hope that makes some sense.

I'm not using editor very often and i don't know where to find these things... could you make some screenshots or at least write clearly what I should do ??
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
okrane
okrane


Famous Hero
posted March 17, 2008 12:52 PM

@hellburn

tried your mod. See that the portraits of the new units are broken.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 17, 2008 01:24 PM
Edited by Gnoll_Mage at 13:36, 17 Mar 2008.

@Hellburn: I trust you know how to place a creature. Hit Ctrl+M in the editor, then select the creature. One of the sections in the properties pane is "Shared" - click on the bit that says "AdvMap...", then on "...". You ought to be able to go from there, continuing with this clicking pattern. When you get to a texture page, right-click and select "Show Hidden". DestName gives you the path.

To test, you could change the texture that is linked to by going to the properties page as before and choosing a new texture on the left.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Cepheus
Cepheus


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Far-flung Keeper
posted March 17, 2008 04:27 PM

Quote:
Will th recolouring affect the net play???
It isn't a change of geometrics, changin creatures abilities, etc., etc...


Yes it will.
____________
"Those who forget their history are inevitably doomed to repeat it." —Proverb, Might and Magic VIII

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 17, 2008 04:41 PM
Edited by Hellburn at 17:10, 25 Mar 2008.

Quote:
@hellburn

tried your mod. See that the portraits of the new units are broken.

Yes, I know. This is only hmmm.... a beta version

EDIT:
Well, I can find every effect you listed before but I don't know how to turn them off :/

EDIT2:
OK, I finished almost everything. Only Banshee and her pink clouds and glows remain.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
siinn
siinn


Adventuring Hero
posted March 26, 2008 10:14 AM

yess!!!
I can't wait to see the final result!
undead were powerfull... now they gonna be wonderfull


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 26, 2008 08:07 PM

FINISHED!!

New Necropolis Mod v1.0
New Necropolis Mod (alternatives) v1.0

Looking forward for any comments.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MrDragon
MrDragon


Supreme Hero
Eats people with Ketchup
posted March 27, 2008 02:05 PM

Excellent Work, I love the new alternates, they are a lot cooler then the originals.
Thx for your hard work.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
siinn
siinn


Adventuring Hero
posted March 31, 2008 11:58 AM

I've tested the new necro units this weekend.
excellent work! bravo!
the only thing missing is the special effect under banshee but by reading previous discussions I believe it is impossible to mod...

personnaly I would have left specters inchanged and have poltergeist changed into green ectoplasma. is it hard to do? can you explain me briefly how to process?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnoll_Mage
Gnoll_Mage


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted March 31, 2008 08:45 PM

Well I've finally taken a look at the Banshee. Oddly, it seems the colour is part of the particle instance, so it's no surprise that what I've been saying hasn't helped. Hellburn, did you try to colourise the cloud, smoke and glow textures, to see what happened? You might possibly still be able to change the colour a bit. Or you could use the Wraith clouds, then maybe recolour those...??? Or maybe find another suitable particleinstance which you can change the colour of.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Devo
Devo


Hired Hero
posted March 31, 2008 09:18 PM

Greetings,

Is it possible to have some screens about the creatures ?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hellburn
Hellburn


Famous Hero
The efreet
posted March 31, 2008 09:53 PM

Quote:
I've tested the new necro units this weekend.
excellent work! bravo!

Thanks
Quote:
the only thing missing is the special effect under banshee but by reading previous discussions I believe it is impossible to mod...

You are right, I had no idea how to change the color of clouds so I deleted them. It looks fine for me...
Quote:
personnaly I would have left specters inchanged and have poltergeist changed into green ectoplasma. is it hard to do? can you explain me briefly how to process?

NewNecropolisMod is just changing models to make them look like in H5 BETA.
You can change it yourself. Just rename the green ghost files to the ones of poltergeists, and copy them to certain folders. For more info check the tutorials.
Quote:
Well I've finally taken a look at the Banshee. Oddly, it seems the colour is part of the particle instance, so it's no surprise that what I've been saying hasn't helped. Hellburn, did you try to colourise the cloud, smoke and glow textures, to see what happened? You might possibly still be able to change the colour a bit. Or you could use the Wraith clouds, then maybe recolour those...??? Or maybe find another suitable particleinstance which you can change the colour of.

Many things in game are based on this files. Colorising them would change much. Something must be changed in xdb files, don't know exactly what.

I thought about giving Wraith's clouds to Banshee but:
1. this IMO wouldn't fit...
2. I asked here how to do that, no one answered.

Finding another particleinstance could be worth a try but I'm just tired with doing it alone. Maybe later...
Quote:
Greetings,
Is it possible to have some screens about the creatures ?


Ok, I'll send some tomorrow or day after.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 9 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0455 seconds