Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG)
Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG) This Popular Thread is 264 pages long: 1 30 60 90 120 150 180 210 240 ... 255 256 257 258 259 ... 264 · «PREV / NEXT»
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted March 06, 2017 05:17 AM

"Again, Whirlipede!"

Jack searches around for some light, whether it is the room's light or perhaps some flashlight function on his pokedex.

((Got on this one:
(1d100)[53]
(1d100)[56]))
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted March 08, 2017 11:45 PM

Jack:

After a moment fumbling along the wall your hand finds the switch and and you flick the lights on. The heap looks like a mess of cloth, mauled and shredded by the Pokemon—possibly someone's backpack or purse, as you can make out a strap.

Rattata uses Quick Attack!
Whirlipede is hit for 7 damage!

Whirlipede uses Poison Sting!
Rattata is hit for 11 damage!


Whirlipede: 40/56

Rattata: 17/38

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted March 11, 2017 02:23 AM

Humming, reaching over to give Lapras a little rub on the neck, Mark would consider the tiny pokemon hiding behind its trainer and mumble, "Well now... m-maybe the adorable little thing is just hungry?" And with that brilliant idea, he was already walking over to the trainer, waving pleasantly and giving his best smile. "H-Hello there friend! Have you tried out the punch yet? It's... uh... pretty good."
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted March 11, 2017 11:01 PM

"Wake up Poliwag, double slap again!" Its desperate times when a trainer hopes that ordering their pokemon to wake up will have the desired effect. It's a long shot but worse things could happen, like she gets knocked out. Its not like I've any other options, pretty sure I haven't seen any other trainers use items on their pokemon when they've battled. Likely viewed as a form of cheating. No matter, if I lose, at least I can say I tried hard!
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted March 12, 2017 01:11 AM

"Alright, let's switch things up and use pursuit on it!"

(( (1d100)[69] ))
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted March 15, 2017 02:36 AM

Mark and Mina:

Mina trailed along after Mark, then backed off a step when the strange little Pokemon pushed itself even closer to its trainer's leg; being a Ghost type, it might even be going through him at this point. She stayed back after that, reasoning that maybe two people was a little too much, as skittish as it was.

"H-Hello there friend! Have you tried out the punch yet? It's... uh... pretty good."

"Huh? No. No, I haven't," The trainer looked down at his Pokemon, which looked back up at him, wide-eyed. "Come on, Yoshi, don't you want some punch?"

The Pokemon just looked nervous. Its trainer (his trainer Mina corrected herself after consulting the Pokedex again) continued, coaxingly.

"You've never had punch before. Maybe it'll help you evolve!" Maybe it was her imagination, but Mina thought the Pokemon looked slightly less nervous at that.

----------------

Matt:

You call for Poli to attack, but the Water type continues to sleep. The Skitty creeps up to her and starts tickling Poli's feet with its tail, causing Poli to giggle a little in her sleep.

Skitty uses Tail Whip!
Poli's Defense falls!


Taillow: 6/54 (recalled)
Gastly: 0/48
Poli: 51/62 (Asleep) (Defense down 1 level)

Pompuff: 0/70
Electrike: 0/62
Skitty: 34/66

----------------

Jack:

Whirlipede uses Pursuit!
Rattata is hit for 9 damage!
It's not very effective...

Rattata uses Tail Whip!
Whirlipede's Defense falls!


Whirlipede: 40/56 (Defense down 1 level)

Rattata: 8/38

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted March 26, 2017 04:31 PM

Unsure if he wanted to catch the pokemon or not, Jack almost called for another pursuit. Instead, he went for a regular pokeball and tossed it at the Rattata.

((Got: (1d100)[7]))
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted March 29, 2017 12:46 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 00:49, 29 Mar 2017.

Jack:

The ball shakes...again...again...

DING!

Pokemon: Rattata
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Guts
Gender: Female
Level: 15
Held Item: None
Stats—
HP:  38
Attack: 26
Def: 20
Sp. Attack: 17
Sp. Def: 20
Speed: 31
Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Focus Energy
Bite
Pursuit

With the Pokemon out of the way, you're able to reach the mangled bag she'd been digging through. In it you find a pair of Leppa Berries, an unused Repel, and Rage Candy Bar. ((Reminder that we're using the Gen IV rules where possible, so it heals 20 HP.))

The crew members must have noticed the lack of noise, because at this point one of them speaks up.

"Is it all clear now? These are getting heavier by the minute."


____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
alkarrahn
alkarrahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted March 31, 2017 05:59 AM

"Yeah. Yeah, it's all clear. " Jack headed over to hold the door open for them. He also wondered why the dex had said his new Pokémon was part dark. He hadn't seen one like that before, and had thought it was just in costume.
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 01, 2017 01:39 AM

"Come now Poliwag you've slept long enough, double slap that kitty cat's tail!"

rolling 1d100(8)
rolling 1d100(51)
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 02, 2017 07:23 PM

Jack:

The Pokedex prompts you for a nickname and then your new acquisition warps off to Box Storage.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's all clear. "

"Thanks." The pair file in and dump the sodden clothing on the dressing room counter. The younger of the pair starts digging through drawers and collecting hangers from around the room while the older man rubs an aching shoulder. The latter notices the mangled remains of fabric under the counter and retrieves it—the shredded remains of what you can now confirm had been a very large purse.

"Wow. What did this?" He turns it over in his hands. "I'd say it was a Rattata but I've never seen one do damage this..." he visibly hunts for the word he wants "...savage before. They usually like to keep the holes they make small and hard to notice."

----------------

Matt:

Poli uses Doubleslap!
Skitty is hit for 6 damage!
Skitty is hit for 6 damage!
Skitty is hit for 5 damage!
Hit 3 times!

Skitty uses Tail Whip!
Poli's Defense falls!


Taillow: 6/54 (recalled)
Gastly: 0/48
Poli: 51/62 (Defense down 2 levels)

Pompuff: 0/70
Electrike: 0/62
Skitty: 17/66

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 07, 2017 03:13 PM

Jack decided not to give the pokemon a nickname. Not just yet, at least. In response to the question, Jack shows the man his pokedex. "Well, it was a Rattata, but I don't think I've seen this type before. It says it's a dark type too."
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 08, 2017 12:05 AM

Jack:

The older of the pair sucks his bottom lip thoughtfully.

"It could be from out of a rift," he suggests. "Y'know, Shadowed in the Spectral Dimension, then escaped when a portal opened. Sometimes Pokemon get warped when they're Shadowed; they pick up different moves or Abilities and whatall. Or it could have come in with that ship that ran into trouble south of town; got on in another region and stowed away or something."

"Pokemon don't stow away." The younger of the two, now hanging up sodden costumes, scoffs.

"Why not? People do."

"Why would a Pokemon want to sneak onto a human ship?"

The two continue to bicker good-naturedly on the subject.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 08, 2017 12:14 AM

"Keep up being slap happy Poliwag, you're doin great! Three more should bring that kitty to la-la land!"
Hopefully the sooner it's KO'ed, the sooner I can bring the team back to the center for healing. Will still need to find a replacement for Gastly, it seems from by gone days they're not as efficient as they once were.

rolling 1d100(39)
rolling 1d100(9)
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 08, 2017 02:08 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 02:08, 08 Apr 2017.

Matt:

Poli uses Doubleslap!
Skitty is hit for 5 damage!
Skitty is hit for 10 damage!
Critical hit!
Hit 2 times!

Skitty uses Tackle!
Poli is hit for 21 damage!

Rita gauges the condition of her Pokemon and apparently doesn't like the odds. "I forfeit," she says, recalling her Pokemon. She shakes your hand and expresses the desire for a rematch some time in the future, then takes off for the Pokemon Center.

((Note: You get no money since you didn't set a wager before the match.))

But a small audience has gathered to watch the fight, and before you get the chance to do the same, another girl – mid teens, muscular, wearing a headband and a fighting uniform – works her way to the front.

"I call the next match with the winner!" she calls.

"Pellana!" Your Breeder friend scrambles to his feet to greet her hastily – it's obvious he holds her in high regard. Judging by the surprised murmurs going through the audience he isn't the only one, though as you're reasonably certain you've never seen her before she probably isn't more than a local celebrity.

"Ana, please, Dash," she replies.

"I didn't realize you were still in town!"

A shadow of brief pain passes across her face but is gone almost before you can notice it. Her voice is perfectly cheerful as she responds, "Surprise!"

To you she says, "So how about it? Two Pokemon each, no more than two items uses per person, either of us can switch as normal."

Your Breeder friend - 'Dash' apparently – pipes up: "If you can beat Ana here, I'll consider that proof of your skill as a trainer. But I won't require you to battle her if you'd rather not...she's good."

"Oh, you two had a wager going?" Ana responds curiously.

"Yes, more or less," and he explains the terms to her while you decide.


((Battle results:

Taillow: 6/54 (recalled)
Gastly: 0/48
Poli: 30/62 (Defense down 2 levels)

Pompuff: 0/70
Electrike: 0/62
Skitty: 2/66 (recalled)))
____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 08, 2017 07:04 AM

Carefully considering my options, as well as gauging the newcomer while she converses with the owner of the fire types.

"Very well, though dare I inquire if I might be able to check upon the safety of my friends at the center before our battle? I wouldn't want any permanent injuries to occur. And despite the battle stipulation of using two items, I fear that'd work solely in your benefit. You might say I'm something of a tightwad, rarely using items in the middle of a bout. I suppose you might say I fear using a healing potion as it allows my opponent to possibly wipe out all the usefulness of the item. But if the stipulation needs to be in place, than so be it. Least you'll know I won't be pulling any punches!" I say with a smile in a general sort of jest as how strong this young woman appears. I lean in closer to Ana and say just loud enough for her to hear, "Perhaps you'd care to come with as I go to the center? Make small talk? Perhaps care to know what you might potentially fight against? Or maybe explain what such a disappointed look was about when your....well....acquaintance for lack of knowing... was saying about being surprised to see you here yet ? Is something the matter? Perhaps we could help each other?"

I hoped that I wasn't going to scare the girl away, she had a sort of natural born leader about her with the way everyone around was staring. I figured they sure weren't paying any attention to some random new comer in their town with very old fashioned battling skills, if skills were even an appropriate context for them.

The one she called Dash seemed totally in awe by her. Perhaps she's someone he fancies? Or maybe she's a local diamond in the rough? So many different possibilities. Regardless I just about forgot one minor detail....

"Poliwag return, you deserve a nice long rest after that one. Don't need you gettin tuckered out on me, might be battling with you again before we know it."
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 09, 2017 07:29 PM

Matt:

"Very well, though dare I inquire if I might be able to check upon the safety of my friends at the center before our battle? I wouldn't want any permanent injuries to occur."

"Yes, of course, go!" Pellana makes shooing motions in the direction of the Pokemon Center. "I just wanted to grab you before you ran off."

" And despite the battle stipulation of using two items, I fear that'd work solely in your benefit. You might say I'm something of a tightwad, rarely using items in the middle of a bout. I suppose you might say I fear using a healing potion as it allows my opponent to possibly wipe out all the usefulness of the item. But if the stipulation needs to be in place, than so be it."

Pellana looks taken aback. "We can battle with no items if you'd rather. It's just that some trainers try to win their battles by pouring lots of Super Potions over their Pokemon for the entire fight, which isn't really a show of skill."

"Perhaps you'd care to come with as I go to the center? Make small talk? Perhaps care to know what you might potentially fight against? Or maybe explain what such a disappointed look was about when your....well....acquaintance for lack of knowing... was saying about being surprised to see you here yet ? Is something the matter? Perhaps we could help each other?"

Pellana shakes her head. "My Pokemon are fine. And it's no big secret; my town was taken over by Bandra not long ago. I don't think there's anything you can do about that, but if you beat me in this next match I'll reconsider."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 10, 2017 12:20 AM

"Well, I'm going to..." Jack shrugs, seeing the other two are too busy with each other to notice him, so he just leaves. He heads back out and notices Mark and Mina. He heads over their way. "So, what's going on?"
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 11, 2017 12:23 AM

Pellana looks taken aback. "We can battle with no items if you'd rather. It's just that some trainers try to win their battles by pouring lots of Super Potions over their Pokemon for the entire fight, which isn't really a show of skill."

"Perhaps you'd care to come with as I go to the center? Make small talk? Perhaps care to know what you might potentially fight against? Or maybe explain what such a disappointed look was about when your....well....acquaintance for lack of knowing... was saying about being surprised to see you here yet ? Is something the matter? Perhaps we could help each other?"

Pellana shakes her head. "My Pokemon are fine. And it's no big secret; my town was taken over by Bandra not long ago. I don't think there's anything you can do about that, but if you beat me in this next match I'll reconsider."

"Well yes, bathing your pokemon in potions while battling only shows whom has the deeper pocketbook, not whom the better trainer is." I couldn't help but smile and laugh. I waved a quick farewell and yelled,"Be back in a jiff!" as I trotted off towards the Center at a quick pace.

As the doors open it seems the Center has calmed down from the ruckus caused earlier. As Nurse Joy brings the team back fully healed, I nod my thanks and appreciation and rush back as quickly as I can. I'm sure I caused a scene as I burst through the doors panting for breath, but it appears I may not have been quick enough.

"Crap! Where'd she go?! Ana?! Hello? I'm ready for our battle!?"

____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 13, 2017 03:30 AM

Jack (and Mark and Mina):

"Not much," Mina replied, sipping at the contents of her punch. "We're trying to figure out why that Pokemon is being so skittish." Mina felt suddenly self-conscious of the fact that she had a glass and Jack didn't. She motioned in the direction of the punch bowl. "Have you tried the punch yet? It's really good. A bit sweet, a bit spicy."

----------------

Matt:

"Over here!" she responds with a wave. The onlookers obligingly open a space for your battle; the crowd has gotten slightly bigger. "Ready?" She waits for your assent before releasing her first Pokemon—

"Are you ready, Hitmonlee?!"

Her Pokemon makes a sound of assent and takes a ready stance.


Hitmonlee: 59/59

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 264 pages long: 1 30 60 90 120 150 180 210 240 ... 255 256 257 258 259 ... 264 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1241 seconds