Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG)
Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG) This Popular Thread is 264 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50 100 150 200 250 ... 260 261 262 263 264 · «PREV / NEXT»
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted September 15, 2017 08:56 AM

"Urgh... Not those things again... Maybe they'll just.... not bother me... Gosh dang it I just want to find that Pellana gal and ask her a few questions." Keeping an eye on the Murkrow I ready three pokemon of my own in case they decide to attack. Hopefully Poliwag, Ratman and Taillow will manage. Might have to start trudging along at a slower pace to avoid conflicts like this.
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 19, 2017 01:16 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 01:16, 19 Sep 2017.

Matt:

Taillow, in a burst of her usual pride, makes a beeline for the largest of the three Murkrow, while Ratman decides to pick on one slightly smaller. The Murkrow for their part have apparently decided that Taillow is the weakest link, and zero in on her.

Ratman uses Quick Attack!
Murkrow A is hit for 24 damage!

Taillow uses Quick Attack!
Murkrow B is hit for 15 damage!

Murkrow A uses Pursuit!
Taillow is hit for 33 damage!

Poil uses Rain Dance!
It started to rain!

Murkrow B uses Astonish!
No effect!

Taillow turns in midair to mock the Dark type only for the remaining foe to crash into her with an extended wing.

Murkrow C uses Wing Attack!
Taillow is hit for 26 damage!
Taillow faints!

((Rain Dance rounds remaining: 4))

Poli: 62/62
Ratman: 62/62
Taillow: 0/54

Murkrow A: 48/72
Murkrow B: 55/70
Murkrow C: 67/67

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted September 19, 2017 07:18 AM

"Well... Taillow return, Mareep head on out, Thundershock 'em, Poliwag, Bubblebeam, Ratman, Quick attack again. Actually.... Weepinbell, you come out too, stand by, pretty sure Mareep won't be lasting too long... Attack their weakest link, the faster this battles over, the sooner we can head back to the pokecenter for the.... hmm....too many-ith time."

rolling 1d100(69)
rolling 1d100(44)

rolling 1d100(26)
rolling 1d100(70)

rolling 1d100(99)
rolling 1d100(53)
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 21, 2017 01:53 AM

Everyone but Matt:

((I completely missed you post Alkar, sorry!))

"Maybe it would have," Travis agreed ruefully. "Too late now, but maybe I'll try that next time we need to deal with crowds...in fact," he brightened. "I know Elder Rashel is here somewhere; if she doesn't have some extra Contest Accessories lying around, she'll know who will! Excuse us please."

Travis called to Yoshi, who seemed to pick up on some of his excitement and was cajoled into leaving his new playmates behind with only a minimum of fuss. Travis scooped the Ghost type up and hurried off into the crowd, looking much happier than he had even before the performance.

Mina watched them go with mild amusement. But she sounded quite sincere when she said, "That was a good idea Jack."

----------------

Matt:

The Murkrow have already begun their next pass by the time you call your reinforcements out, sparing said reinforcements this round. Mareep looks a little disheartened at this lack of confidence in her abilities, but starts charging an attack nevertheless.

Ratman uses Quick Attack!
Murkrow A is hit for 23 damage!

Murkrow A uses Nightshade!
Poli is hit for 25 damage!

Poli uses Bubblebeam!
Murkrow A is hit for 32 damage!
Murkrow A faints!

Murkrow B uses Wing Attack!
Poli is hit for 32 damage!

Murkrow C uses Peck!
Poli is hit for 18 damage!
Poli faints!

Mareep uses Thundershock!
It's super effective!
Murkrow B is hit for 33 damage!

Mareep gets so excited at seeing the biggest Murkrow fall, sparks start coming out of her fleecy body. She actually looks like she's glowing – and then you realize your Pokedex just dinged at you.

Mareep is evolving!

((You can interupt her if you don't want her to evolve; she'll still be level 21 now. ))

Poli: 0/62
Ratman: 62/62
Taillow: 0/54
Mareep: 15/58 (pre-level-up)
Weepinbell: 64/64

Murkrow A: 0/72
Murkrow B: 22/70
Murkrow C: 67/67

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted September 21, 2017 08:56 AM

"Ratman, quick attack that Murkrow Mareep just shocked, Mareep, thundershock the last one, Weepinbell, you use Wrap on it too."

Seems we'll be headed back to the pokecenter after this. Maybe we'll bring that Wythir out and try talking to it. Poor Taillow and Poliwag got pummeled... Good thing I sent out those reinforcements, 1v3 was definitely bad odds... And wait, what was that shining glow Mareep had?

"Pokedex, what the heck just happened? Did I miss something?" (OoC ~ This will be asked after victory, unless I lose, then after the battle)

rolling 1d100(100)
rolling 1d100(67)

rolling 1d100(15)
rolling 1d100(81)

rolling 1d100(67)
rolling 1d100(92)
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted September 22, 2017 02:01 AM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 02:01, 22 Sep 2017.

((no worries))

"It was?" Jack let his Psyduck mingle with Lapras instead of calling him back, but called out his Leavanny too. "Well, it kind of just hit me when it seemed so comfortable with Grandpa's beard." Jack searched through his bag and pulled out his yellow claws. "Hey, Lee. I got an idea." Jack began attaching each of the yellow claws to each of Lee's outer forearms. "I mean, it still might not work. Yoshi might still be too afraid no matter the case, but it is still worth a shot. What do you think?" he asked, finishing with the claws.
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 23, 2017 02:26 PM

Matt:

((Waiting on response to question in the OoC.))

----------------

Everyone else:

"I mean, it still might not work. Yoshi might still be too afraid no matter the case, but it is still worth a shot. What do you think?"

"I think even if it doesn't work, you just gave them a great distraction from their stage woes." Mina's head tilted in a 'considering' pose. "Or did you mean the Accessories? Looks a bit like thorns."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted September 23, 2017 03:17 PM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 15:22, 23 Sep 2017.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Jack says, "Well, I was asking about the accessories, but the distraction for them is great too. And I was kind of going for a thorny look. How about you, Lee? What do you think?"
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 26, 2017 03:26 AM

Matt:

Evolution seems to have treated Mareep – now Flaaffy – well; her wounds have closed and the Pokedex reports she's a little more durable as well. ((HP restored to full due to evolution.)) The remaining Murkrow don't seem to realize the tides have turned, however, and make a bee-line for her recovered form, cawing angrily.

Ratman uses Quick Attack!
Murkrow B is hit for 24 damage!
Murkrow B faints!

Ratman intercepts with savage speed, cutting the lead Murkrow down before it can connect.

Murkrow C uses Wing Attack!
Flaaffy is hit for 13 damage!
It's not very effective...

Flaaffy uses Thundershock!
Murkrow C is hit for 44 damage!
It's super-effective!

Flaaffy's attacks seem a bit more powerful as well, though the remaining Murkrow obviously doesn't appreciate this much.

Weepinbell uses Wrap!
Murkrow C is hit for 5 damage!
Murkrow C is trapped by Wrap!

Murkrow C takes 4 damage from Wrap!

The Dark bird goes a little bug-eyed being squeezed by Weepinbell; having realized it's now outnumbered as well as being badly injured, it tries to escape, but Weepinbell holds tight, keeping it trapped.

The battle being essentially over, you have time to look around and notice bits of gleam on the ground.

You found two Heart Scales!

((Just let me know if you want to do anything and then we'll continue on. ))

Poli: 0/62
Ratman: 62/62
Taillow: 0/54
Mareep Flaaffy: 53/66
Weepinbell: 64/64

Murkrow A: 0/72
Murkrow B: 0/70
Murkrow C: 14/67

----------------

Everyone else:

Lee looks himself over with a critical eye, comparing the new look of his arms, seeming to approve, then takes a look at his tail and feels the leaf crest on his head and looks less satisfied. He uses a bladed arm to make a small cut in a leaf on his tail and tries to make it stick up like a spike, but when he compares the result to his arm they obviously don't match. Lee looks a little disappointed.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted September 26, 2017 08:01 AM

"Good job gang, and you as well Flaffy, extremely good work, I'm sorry I doubted you. Weepinbell, release that Murkrow, maybe it'll tell it's friends to leave us alone. This constant battling is tiring, Taillow and Poliwag might be injured afterall... Let's head back to town and hope for good news, maybe Pellana came back to town as well... Though I doubt it... That Hitmonlee could probably take down everything within a twelve mile range without ever getting fatigued!"

Turning on my heel to head back to town, I thoroughly examine the Heart Scales to see what they are.

"I never understood these trinkets or why you pokemon like to hold them." I say directed towards Ratman who's taken the liberty of sitting on my shoulder instead of going back into his ball. He must figure his fierce fighting form will deter any more Murkrow. I can't help chuckling at the thought. For all I knew, some other pokemon might see him as its food source.
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted September 26, 2017 01:04 PM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 13:08, 26 Sep 2017.

"Hmmm... Yeah. Thorns only on the arms seems a little off. We'll have to get some more of those things and see what we can do to even things out. With what time it is, I'm not sure the mart's even open."
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 29, 2017 12:36 AM

Matt:

You head back to Ceris, examining your finds as you go. The Heart Scales don't appear to be anything out of the ordinary; knowing Murkrow and their love of all things shiny, that was probably all the reason they needed to pick these up. During this examination, Ratman seems perfectly happy to chatter back quite as seriously as if you could understand him, though of course all that comes out is Pokespeak.

Enroute, you hear something that sounds a little like singing...

((This one you can skip if you want. You'll arrive back in town at 10:30 PM if you decide to skip, 11 PM if you investigate.))

----------------

Everyone else:

Lee looks himself over again but seems satisfied by Jack's response.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted September 29, 2017 01:30 PM

"Great." Turning to Mina, Jack asked, "So, uh, was there anything else planned for after this?"
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted September 29, 2017 06:40 PM

"Is that....singing? Boy last song I heard struck me with paralysis... If that's a pokemon singing, this may make me pass out cold. Better keep on trucking, it might be here when we come back this way. Best to find a landmarker of sorts to recognize the area when I come back. Might get a chance to investigate better with a healthy team. Can use Taillow for aerial reconissence."
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted September 30, 2017 12:20 AM

Everyone but Matt:

"After the singing you mean?" Mina replied. "Mark and I were going to look for nocturnal Pokemon. Want to come?"

----------------

Matt:

You're able to take note of a few landmarks in the mostly-featureless grassland – a scraggly tree over there, a big boulder over there, and the direction you're going and your place on the map. You're not completely sure you could find this spot again – it's dark and you are out in the wilderness – but you've done the best you can and staying here longer isn't likely to help any. If whatever-it-is keeps singing you won't need to find this exact spot anyway; you're not that far from town.

So you make your way back to Ceris. Even just entering town you can see that while the lights are still on in the Contest Hall most of the people are gone and it's much quieter than when you left – Karaoke Night must be over.

((Pokemon Center I presume?))

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted September 30, 2017 01:04 AM

"Nocturnal Pokemon, huh? Well, I don't see why not. How about you, Lee?" Jack thought about asking Grandpa as well, but the Psyduck seemed to be doing...something with Lapras. He couldn't tell what, but it looked fine, whatever it was.
____________
Blasted digital always resetting itself, over and over again. To analog!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted October 01, 2017 02:10 AM

Everyone but Matt:

((Let me know when you guys are ready to finish up; once you're done in the interest of keeping everyone together time-wise I'll skip ahead a little and Mark and Mina will be in two times at once to do the competition. Speak up if this will cause any issues.))

----------------

Matt:

((Per your instructions: ))

You head to the Pokemon Center; it's late enough the Nurse is looking tired, but it's a cheery tired and you gather you aren't the only one wandering in late tonight. She heals your Pokemon without a fuss and you're able to swap out Gastly for your new Wythir without issues.

You then head back out of town. Here, you run into some difficulty; while the area is mostly grasslands, making any nearby landmarks very obvious once you get close, it's dark enough that you have to get close to see them in any great detail. This leaves you stumbling around for long enough to make having missed the spot or the Pokemon wandering off a real possibility, but luckily it is once again your ears that lead you to the creature.

It's still singing, although you don't feel any drowsiness, muscle stiffening or any other side-effects as you get closer; the singing doesn't seem to be any sort of attack, just a pleasant sound. Whatever-it-is has perched itself on top of a boulder just high enough to get it out of the grass. It's small, helmet-shaped and dark, with tiny round feet and enourmous eyes, the last being fixed skyward – though looking in the same direction there doesn't seem to be anything there except for a lovely starry night.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted October 02, 2017 08:22 PM

"Pokedex, what is this thing?"
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted October 04, 2017 02:43 AM

Everyone but Matt:

After letting the Pokemon play for a little bit, Mark and Mina realize they have singing slots scheduled and make their way off to prepare.

----------------

Mark:

((Round 1: Same rules as the practice round, but for real this time!

Your Karaoke roll is: 6))

As the music starts up, you realize it's a song you've heard a few times before; nothing badly out of your vocal range or terribly complicated to sing, though not a song you know by heart either.

----------------

((After the competition...))

Everyone but Matt:

The three of you meet up after the competition, after a brief interlude to ready your Pokemon and make other necessary preparations. It's about 9:30 PM as you set out.

((How long are we searching for, and are we searching together as a group or separately as individuals? Any other preparations you want to make (Pokemon you want to switch, last minute stops at the Mart, held items you want to switch or whatever) please specify that too. ))

----------------

Matt:

At the sound of your voice, the singing immediately stops. The Pokemon looks at you nervously from its rocky perch while the Pokedex chirps out data:

"These Pokemon frequently gather on clear nights, watching the stars. Their large eyes can see outside the light spectrum visible to humans."

The creature is a Cosmas; a Dark/Spectral type native to the Helnith region. This one is female and level 24, with the Ability Magic Guard ((protects against most forms of indirect damage – the damage incurred by Sandstorm, or from being Poisoned for example)).

Cosmas: 60/60

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted October 04, 2017 02:38 PM

((Karaoke: Round 1

Word: Around
Army f the Night - Powerwolf
Run to You - Pentatonix
Over the Rainbow - Not sure if it should be the Wizard of Oz/ Judy Garland or Bae Wain, since it was released for the movie specifically but was performed professionally by Bae first.
Unknown Soldier - Breaking Benjamin
Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne
Dinosaur Laser Fight- NSP (pretty sure the band name doesn't fall under the CoC, so the acronym will work here. It's real. And wonderful)))

Mark, having just a little familiarity with the song and a prompter right there for him to use, would feel a bit more confident with this first round than he had been expecting. Seems like they were throwing him an easy one for this first start!

______________________________________________________________

((Pokemon Hunting))

Meeting up with everyone after the competition, grinning like a fool no matter what happened, Mark would clap his hands together and say, "Well now Mina, Jack, who wants to split up, a-and who wants to stick together and go a'huntin'!" Tonight had been a huge mood booster for Mark, even if he was starting to feel the effects of being up so late so many nights in a row, and he probably had it in him to stay up until around 11 before he had to call it a night and pass out in his room.

((Staying up to 11 works for me!))
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 264 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50 100 150 200 250 ... 260 261 262 263 264 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0951 seconds