Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG)
Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG) This Popular Thread is 274 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50 100 150 200 250 ... 270 271 272 273 274 · «PREV / NEXT»
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 03, 2018 03:09 PM
Edited by Gnomes2169 at 15:09, 03 Jun 2018.

"But Mark, you're going to need to do something about that arm." If Mina had been in a better state of mind, she might have regretted being so blunt. Actually, she still kind of did. "Sorry. But it is kind of notable."

Wincing at that, lifting up his arm to let the limb whirr mechanically with his single extended pointer finger, before his face falls and he just mumbles, "... Okay... yeah. I'm kinda incredibly n-noticeable... and memorable..." Thinking about it for a second longer, he would add, "You know, n-now that you mention it, maybe the prisoner t-thing might not work out at all. I kinda... sorta... beat one of the officers in the contest hall w-when they attacked... They might not believe s-some faceless grunt would be able to take me down." Well now Mark was just getting a big head, even if he might technically be correct.
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted June 08, 2018 12:07 AM

Since it didn't seem anyone was interested in using it, Mina put the dye away. "Was there something else you wanted to try?"
____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 09, 2018 12:33 PM

With a bit of a shrug, Mark would ask, "W-Well... not to be too gung-ho, but... scouting out their perimeter a-and then going with a shock-and-awe approach w-when we know what we are going up against is still an option. And... doesn't seem like a bad one?"
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted June 10, 2018 02:24 AM

"I agree. Even though we're at a somewhat tactical disadvantage, it'd also be more fitting in case the incognito idea I came up with backfired due to simple recognition."
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted June 13, 2018 12:32 AM

"Okay. In that case, how are we going to find out where they're taking the Pokemon?"
____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 17, 2018 06:34 AM

"Well, t-they should still have paperwork and orders, r-right? And we can take a prisoner b-back to the ranger for questioning?" They still had allies, after all! "As long as we hit hard and fast enough, w-we should be able to get to those before all of them can be destroyed."
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted June 17, 2018 02:16 PM

"All right. Any objections from you two?" Mina glanced at Jack and Matt to see if they had anything to add.
____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted June 17, 2018 03:21 PM

Jack thought about it for a bit. "No. No objections here."
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted June 19, 2018 12:46 AM

"No objections, although we could always interrogate ourselves, especially if speed is of the essence. Wouldn't really have time to take a prisoner back to the Rangers for interrogating information out of them. Perhaps we'll get lucky and find a 'dumb blonde' or ditz that just blabs constantly!"
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted June 22, 2018 12:11 AM

"All right. Let's go find their perimeter then."

((NOTE FOR EVERYONE: If you want any Pokemon out of their balls for this, tell me now. Any Pokemon not specifically listed will be considered recalled while you wander around in the mountains. Otherwise, off we go!))

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted July 03, 2018 02:53 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 02:59, 03 Jul 2018.

Forgot Bronzor's HP

Mina calls out her Houndoom to help the group track Bandra Grunts. She gradually urges the group north, and a little west, towards the Shrine of Light.

After about half an hour, the party hears the occasional voice echoing off the mountainside, and while approaching more carefully Mark spots a light in the distance through his binoculars – the Bandra, being in control of this area, apparently feel no reason to hide.

As the group draws nearer, you can hear the sounds of Pokemon battling – the voices become clearer:

"No—call that back it's weak to Psychic types!" There's a bright light around the bend, but you don't have a clear view of what is recalled.

"Go left, don't let it escape!" "Other left, other left!"

Edging closer you see a Bandra patrol of three Grunts who must have encountered a wild Pokemon because they're trying to surround a Bronzor nearly twice the level of the Wispaferyn they're using. None of the combatants involved appear to have noticed the group yet, though it's difficult to tell for sure with the Pokemon. Using his binoculars, Mark is able to make out a radio on one Grunt's belt and a total of seven Pokeballs.


((Taillow: 54/54

Whirlipede: 56/56
Cosmas: 50/50

Skarmory: 77/77
Swellow: 65/65

Houndoom: 94/94

Bronzor (wild): 120/120 (Accuracy down 3 levels, Safeguard – 4 rounds remaining)

Wispaferyn A: 83/83
Wispaferyn B: 83/83
Wispaferyn C: 83/83
???: ??/??
???: ??/??
???: ??/??
???: ??/??))

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted July 17, 2018 03:26 AM

"So, uh, do you think we should save that Bronzor? Or, at least, prevent Bandra from obtaining it? One less pokemon they have is one less pokemon they can fight us with."

Jack waits for the others to confirm before he has Whirlipede use defense curl and Cosmas flash one of the Wispaferyns.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted July 17, 2018 07:10 PM

"This is true, and as it's just three of them, we should be able to out number and squash them easily enough." I say while motioning for Taillow to get ready.
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted July 18, 2018 02:04 AM

((gorman I'm going to need an attack from you if you want Taillow to do something this round.))

Mina was feeling too muzzy-headed to do more than nod in agreement, and motioned for Houndoom to Bite the one on the left ((Wispaferyn A)).

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted July 18, 2018 09:42 AM

Assessing the situation before he moved, Mark's eyes would lock on the radio of the one grunt and he would point out the problem child and mumble to Mina, "We need to take him out or break that thing before he can call for help and tell Bandra that we are here. Our only advantage is our element of surprise." Giving her a look as if trying to say that he really didn't want to do this, he would give his commands to his pokemon.

"Skarmory, use Swift. Try to target that one grunt's radio without hitting him if you can, and hit the two closest Wispaferyn ((A and B)) with the rest." He knew that Swift was unerringly accurate, so hopefully he wouldn't hurt the grunt with the attack. Because he really, really didn't want to actually hurt anyone else... not after that last attack. "Swellow, use Double Team and get ready to start distracting that grunt if that radio isn't broken." Mark really, really hoped this plan would work.
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted July 21, 2018 05:12 PM

"Well as long as we're going all in, Taillow, use wing attack on whom ever is left standing, try and intercept any of those bugs attacking that Bronzor. Wythir come out, perhaps it'd be a good time to see what you can do."
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted July 23, 2018 02:46 AM

The bright flash of light from the Pokeball opening draws the attention of the Grunts, who yell in surprise. Houndoom and Swellow move to join the battle as two of the Grunts' Pokemon start bathing the area in smoke to shield themselves from the newly-revealed attackers.

Houndoom uses Bite!
Wispaferyn A is hit for 58 damage!
Wispaferyn A uses its held Chahal Berry to restore 20 HP!

Swellow uses Double Team!
Swellow's Evasion rises!

Wispaferyn A uses Smokescreen!
Taillow's Accuracy falls!
Wythir's Accuracy falls!
Whirlipede's Accuracy falls!
Cosmas's Accuracy falls!
Skarmory's Accuracy falls!
Swellow's Accuracy falls!
Houndoom's Accuracy falls!
Wild Bronzor's Accuracy falls!

Taillow looks momentarily confused at being asked to do two things at once, but as one of the Wispaferyn goes for the Bronzor with a Fire attack, she makes up her mind and moves to intercept. She vanishes briefly as the other two start pumping the area with smoke, and then there is a thud and a cry of pain as she comes tumbling out again.

Wispaferyn B uses Helix Flame!
Taillow is hit for 28 damage!

Wispaferyn C uses Smokescreen!
Taillow's Accuracy falls!
Wythir's Accuracy falls!
Whirlipede's Accuracy falls!
Cosmas's Accuracy falls!
Skarmory's Accuracy falls!
Swellow's Accuracy falls!
Houndoom's Accuracy falls!
Wild Bronzor's Accuracy falls!

Skarmory uses Swift!

The Grunt with the radio reaches for it, only for the device to be knocked off his belt by Skarmory. It spins into the darkness out of sight and out of reach.

Wispaferyn A is hit for 8 damage!
Wispaferyn B is hit for 8 damage!

Wythir stamps, looking fretful and uncertain as she hasn't been given any instruction. She is obviously nervous at the presence of the nearby Fire Pokemon, her movements jerky and growing more rapid.

Cosmas uses Flash!
Attack missed!
Wispaferyn B's Accuracy falls!
Wispaferyn C's Accuracy falls!

Whirlipede uses Defense Curl!
Whirlipede's Defense rises!

Pyrophobe causes Wythir's Speed to rise!

A few more Pokeballs flash and a pair of Graveler appear in the smoke-shrouded battlefield. It's difficult to say with the confusion of the smoke and the battle, but the Bronzor appears to have vanished – presumably fled.


((Taillow: 26/54 (Accuracy down 2 levels)
Wythir: 54/54 (Accuracy down 2 levels, Speed up 1 level)

Whirlipede: 56/56 (Accuracy down 2 levels, Defense up 1 level)
Cosmas: 50/50 (Accuracy down 2 levels)

Skarmory: 77/77 (Accuracy down 2 levels)
Swellow: 65/65 (Accuracy down 2 levels, Evasion up 1 level)

Houndoom: 94/94 (Accuracy down 2 levels)

Bronzor (wild): 120/120 (fled)

Wispaferyn A: 37/83
Wispaferyn B: 75/83 (Accuracy down 1 level)
Wispaferyn C: 83/83 (Accuracy down 1 level)
Graveler A: 70/70
Graveler B: 70/70
???: ??/??
???: ??/??))

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted July 26, 2018 01:14 PM

"Alright, Cosmas, Flash again. Get those newcomers, if you would. And Whirlipede, you use your poison tail on that one." Jack points at the healthy Wispaferyn.

((I can't recall how many to roll for on flash, so if you wouldn't mind on that. But:

Poison Tail hit: (1d100)[44]
Effect: (1d100)[52]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted July 27, 2018 06:58 AM

Breathing easier once that radio was knocked out of the way, without actually harming the grunt about to use it, Mark would call to his pokemon, "Well done you two. Now, Skarmory, use Swift on the remaining Wispaferyn and Swellow use Wing Attack on the weakest Wispaferyn still standing." Mina's Houndoom appeared to be the fastest pokemon out at this point, so if she managed to take down the struggling first Mark didn't want Swellow's actions to go to waste!

((Swift attack rolls (checking for crits)
Wispaferyn A (1d100)[62]
Wispaferyn B (1d100)[80]
Wispaferyn C (1d100)[28]

Wing attack roll: (1d100)[28]))
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted July 31, 2018 11:07 PM

"Erm... Oops? Taillow return, Poliwag come out and bubblebeam those Gravelers when you're able. Wythir, use shadow sneak on one of those bugs."

I've no idea what a majority of Wythir's moves are much less what they do other than Leer and Stomp. Gosh I hope I called for it to use an attack at least... I'm already going to look stupid calling her out when trying to be sneaky...

(Unsure if these are needed but...
rolling 1d100(22)
rolling 1d100(31))
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 274 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50 100 150 200 250 ... 270 271 272 273 274 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0391 seconds