Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href='http://www.game-advertising-online.com/' target='_blank'>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Age of Heroes Coliseum > Thread: HC Olympics: Quoting Wars
Thread: HC Olympics: Quoting Wars [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ]
Asheera
Asheera


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Elite Assassin
posted August 23, 2008 04:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You can't just change your views based on the topic you discuss.
I define what I can do and what I can't, my friend
That's not what I meant. If you change your views based on the topic because you don't have arguments, then it's pretty much pointless to discuss with you. You simply contradict yourself all the time.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 23, 2008 04:13 PM

Quote:
That's not what I meant. If you change your views based on the topic because you don't have arguments, then it's pretty much pointless to discuss with you. You simply contradict yourself all the time.
Alas as if I have not already told you so many times, discuss and argue with the POINTS and the MESSAGE rather than the MESSENGER. Would it have been better if I were anonymous?

For a serious discussion, it shouldn't.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Asheera
Asheera


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Elite Assassin
posted August 23, 2008 04:14 PM

You can't just talk from another perspective than yours, since it will be biased and it will result in total chaos

So please, stick to your perspective.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 23, 2008 04:15 PM

Quote:
You can't just talk from another perspective than yours, since it will be biased and it will result in total chaos
Let me handle that. Just as in CH, I'm trying to be objective here. Well at least, as objective as this can get -- of course my "idea" about the consensus reality is subjective but I mean, in the arguments.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Dj
Dj


Promising
Supreme Hero
Always loyal to HC
posted August 23, 2008 05:21 PM

Quote:
If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

>>what's so special about a horse? a squirrel is enough.i hate horses

Quote:
I speak Spanish to God, French to men, Italian to women, and German to my horse.

>> dewd, i'm a man and i can' hear any French here. or it's about the other French...?  O,o and are u sure Namus is spanish?

Quote:
I am the State.

>> no s**t

Quote:
Funniest Poster of 2007: ZanJerusalem.
Quote:

>>right...this
is the funniest poster i've seen. I used to hang it on my door.

Quote:
The dinosaurs probably died in the deluge. Noah did not rescue them, perhaps because his arc was to small.

>> dinosaurs dies because of that meteor and destroyed the plants. so the plant-eating dinosaurs didn't have food and they died. so the meat-eating dinosaurs started to cannibalize and so they died. (the story is much longer but i shortened it). the deluge was sooner than the dinosaurs' extinct.

Quote:
I am the worst member ever.

>> ha! i know this strategy...you want us to argue with you that you are one of the best. well since that's the point of the contest i should say..WRONG!! i really like your ideas about the creatures ^_^

Quote:
Namus is the best!How can someone worship a nember who have made only ONE post???

>>what? Namus the besT? i mean yeah...he may be like a God (he's rare and he could be seen by only few of us) but...wtf? since 2005 when i joined this forum i've never heard of him...only you worship him. why? what he did so good for this community? and i was thinking...how his face will look like when he will see his name all over HC and he posted only once..LOL

Quote:
Why did the chicken cross the road?

>> err i hate this question. i always forget the REAL answer and what should i argue about this? that the chicken did not cross the road?
well that's right...she didn't...a truck hit her before she stepped on the other side....i mean she really got on the OTHER SIDE @,o *sneezes* poor chicken.

Quote:
You probably thought you weren't gonna die today. Surprise!

>> u know what? i really thought this was my last day. I went downtown and there was a speed-maniac. i crossed the road legally. You know it was almost like the story with the chicken above...but i got on the RIGHT other side but...look i survived...and i'm happy now *phew*

Quote:
This global warming definitely ain't good for the beer.

>> i hate that i have to argue this well it is good because i hate
the cold beer..it's freezing. I prefer the heat than the freeze. o.o

Quote:
Peanut planters are nuts, peanuts are not.

>> no...the peanut plater HAVE nuts, peanuts don't o,o

Quote:
Apples are better than Oranges.

>> sure...NOT...i mean the oranges are sooo good and juicy.but i prefer bananas  *mmm*

Quote:
I mean, come on, everybody knows that Oranges >>>>>>>>>>>> Apples.

>> nope...horses prefer apples more than oranges.

Quote:
Dude, it is not about THAT post, it's about how people find SOMETHING in a post and then start to make FUN out of it. It's not because he made one post doh. [..]i don't play with cheats, but i know all. Yeah riiight.

>> in this thread it is about THAT post (GL's) and nobody is trying to make fun of it because...you can't everything is already funny. you can't make something more funny than it is. if you see a movie how can you laugh more than you already laughed? o,o To be honest i play with cheats. i quite don't play multiplayer games so i can cheat with the AI in campaigns where it's too hard


and btw: i still think that GL should announce the start of the olympic games with at least one day sooner. I missed all the real war. i don't have who to argue with

[if i'm not good at quote wars tell me because it's my first conflict in this ]

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mvassilev
mvassilev


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted August 23, 2008 05:33 PM

TheDeath:
Quote:
Define "seriously"? Relativity was once a "not serious" discussions. Philosophers need to take upon such subjects even when they are not accepted by the general population above age 5
Relativity took some time to get accepted, but it was never the province of 5-year olds. This idea, though, is. Come on. You can't say that it's a legitimate idea.

Quote:
What is "outside" is only what the subconscious makes you believe -- truth be told, if you could command your subconscious you'll probably be able to "shape the world".
No, you'd be able to shape your perceptions of the world. Everyone looks at the same world. They perceive differences, but it's the same world. And why should I use your ideas?

Quote:
Try me.
For instance, a real HAXXOR would write "|-|/-\><0P\".

Quote:
It DOES affect, since it takes more power.
But the power is, for all practical purposes, infinite.

Quote:
is heat what we want to accomplish? No, since that way we wouldn't need coolers. Thus, it is not "intelligent" or "performant".
Heat affects us neither positively nor negatively. But the end that we seek comes to us faster. So it is more performant.

Quote:
"everyone" and "the Pope" are similar entities in an analogy at least.
Better not let ZJ hear you say that.

Quote:
Typing so much makes my hands sweat.
XD

Quote:
Well at least, as objective as this can get -- of course my "idea" about the consensus reality is subjective but I mean, in the arguments.
Whenever you're subjective, you seem to have about half of the people agreeing with you and about half disagreeing. When you try to be objective, nearly everybody disagrees with you. Makes you wonder about how objective you're really being...
____________
Eccentric Opinion

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Asheera
Asheera


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Elite Assassin
posted August 23, 2008 05:35 PM

Quote:
Whenever you're subjective, you seem to have about half of the people agreeing with you and about half disagreeing. When you try to be objective, nearly everybody disagrees with you. Makes you wonder about how objective you're really being...
One of the best posts
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
mvassilev
mvassilev


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted August 23, 2008 05:37 PM

Thanks.
____________
Eccentric Opinion

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 23, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:
Relativity took some time to get accepted, but it was never the province of 5-year olds. This idea, though, is. Come on. You can't say that it's a legitimate idea.
A 5 year old thinks about relativity, albeit in a childish way, without math and abstractions, just plain fun. However, I have yet to see any argument from you regarding the level of 5-year-oldness for this.

Quote:
No, you'd be able to shape your perceptions of the world. Everyone looks at the same world. They perceive differences, but it's the same world. And why should I use your ideas?
I never said you should use my ideas. I said you should discuss them. I'm asking, what if actually our subconscious makes up everything (not so hard to believe with relativity anyway)? I mean, you speak of an "absolute" world, the one that we perceive -- however you fail to realize that proving such a thing is impossible and is, actually, not more solid than mine (I don't have proof either!). It is impossible because every proof will be relative

Quote:
For instance, a real HAXXOR would write "|-|/-\><0P\".
Those are leets, not haxxors. And yeah obviously when I say "haxxor" I'm using leet speech, albeit in a more light form. Obviously this statement was made more like a "joke" to express that I am some kind of 'geek' or computer guy.

Quote:
But the power is, for all practical purposes, infinite.
"practical purposes" is subjective. What one finds practical another might not. Some people might be concerned with that extra heat and energy consumption (electric energy I mean). Also, intelligence is not measured by "practical purposes" -- that is the "smartness" factor

Quote:
Heat affects us neither positively nor negatively. But the end that we seek comes to us faster. So it is more performant.
I'm afraid you failed the point of my example

You have two computers, one more powerful than the other (faster), but also takes more energy to work. This is all well, however, you use Bubble Sort on the more faster one, and Quick Sort (just algorithms) on the other, to sort 10000 variables.

What happens is that Bubble Sort is actually a SLOWER algorithm, thus the faster CPU finishes in the SAME time as the slower one, since it used a worse algorithm. Then, one asks the question: "Since the faster one took up more energy in this process, where did it go?" -- the answer is heat.

Do we want heat? Hell no, that's why we have coolers near the processor. Thus, the faster CPU, combined with the worse software, is actually less intelligent if we use the analogy.

Quote:
Whenever you're subjective, you seem to have about half of the people agreeing with you and about half disagreeing. When you try to be objective, nearly everybody disagrees with you. Makes you wonder about how objective you're really being...
This is because almost everyone is subjective

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antipaladin
Antipaladin


Promising
Legendary Hero
of Ooohs and Aaahs
posted August 23, 2008 06:08 PM

Quote:
If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

See that what happends when you buy jepenise horses!
Quote:
I speak Spanish to God, French to men, Italian to women, and German to my horse.
 i speak Gibberish to God,English to man,Body lenguage to woman,and i dont speak with horses.

[ quote]I am the State. An object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.
actualy you have no proffs,aperntly the state is me,not you,k? im america,also im god increanted,so im an external force.

Quote:
Funniest Poster of 2007: ZanJerusalem.

Do'h aliens count?
Quote:
I am a moderate Christian.

How can you tell?
Quote:
The dinosaurs probably died in the deluge.
Noah did not rescue them, perhaps because his arc was to small.
Quote:
or praphes becouse they would prtobbly eat him,and whoever is inside the arc?
Quote:
I am nice to meet you all! I am the worst member ever.

K,thx,bi
Quote:
Please Geny silly sentences not confessions.

said me when Geny confided to me that he is humane
Quote:
The matter of the mail bomb that had destroyed half of my apartment the following year did cause me to wonder whether the statistical nature of reality might not be under a strain in my vicinity at that season.
You dont say!

Quote:
Namus is the best! How can someone worship a nember who have made only ONE post??? Why did the chicken cross the road? All things are made up of stuff. All things are made up of stuff. You probably thought you weren't gonna die today. Surprise!
This is the kind of things that mods are troubled about in mods hq...
Quote:
I love you too. This global warming definitely ain't good for the beer. The answer to everything: 42. Hey that's not silly, I based my entire life upon that philosophy! Ok it's silly. Compairing apples to oranges is bananas.
Thats what the mods SHOULD be thinking about in modHQ
Quote:
No sideways floors will stop the lord of hellfire.

what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
Quote:
Peanut planters are nuts, peanuts are not. Apples are better than Oranges. I mean, come on, everybody knows that Oranges >>>>>>>>>>>> Apples. Dude, it is not about THAT post, it's about how people find SOMETHING in a post and then start to make FUN out of it. It's not because he made one post doh. I vote for QP! i don't play with cheats, but i know all.
Genielord wasent under drugs when he wrote that.
Quote:
Yeah riiight.

____________
types in obscure english

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mvassilev
mvassilev


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted August 24, 2008 08:35 PM

Whew, had internet problems yesterday and today, but, fortunately, this thread hasn't gotten far.

Quote:
A 5 year old thinks about relativity, albeit in a childish way
Good job making a claim without any examples.

Quote:
However, I have yet to see any argument from you regarding the level of 5-year-oldness for this.
Because this way of thinking goes by way of the tooth fairy.

Quote:
I'm asking, what if actually our subconscious makes up everything (not so hard to believe with relativity anyway)?
Then - nothing. It doesn't make any difference, does it?

Quote:
Obviously this statement was made more like a "joke" to express that I am some kind of 'geek' or computer guy.
All right, I'll grant you that.

Quote:
"practical purposes" is subjective.
Do you ever get the feeling that you're banging your head against the wall? Haven't we already had this discussion, and you went in with your claims that somebody would use a rudder as a pile of bricks - to slow a car down? That is an entirely inadequate counterargument.

Quote:
Then, one asks the question: "Since the faster one took up more energy in this process, where did it go?" -- the answer is heat.
Let us say that you operate two water mills. One is less efficient, and one is more efficient. However, the more efficient one is on a slower river, and can thus mill less. Then the first one is more "performant", because it gives you more of the results you want, even though it uses more water less efficiently.
____________
Eccentric Opinion

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antipaladin
Antipaladin


Promising
Legendary Hero
of Ooohs and Aaahs
posted August 25, 2008 12:39 AM

Quote:
Whew, had internet problems yesterday and today, but, fortunately, this thread hasn't gotten far.

sucks to be you

Quote:
Good job making a claim without any examples.
how about making an exemple without claim?

Quote:
Because this way of thinking goes by way of the tooth fairy.

said the guy who used to warship namus.

Quote:
Then - nothing. It doesn't make any difference, does it?

it does,actully,since you cant tell the differnce,you can atleast try making the best
Quote:
All right, I'll grant you that.

thenks

Quote:
Do you ever get the feeling that you're banging your head against the wall? Haven't we already had this discussion, and you went in with your claims that somebody would use a rudder as a pile of bricks - to slow a car down? That is an entirely inadequate counterargument.

why cant you for once say that i am a god,and warship me ?
Quote:
Let us say that you operate two water mills. One is less efficient, and one is more efficient. However, the more efficient one is on a slower river, and can thus mill less. Then the first one is more "performant", because it gives you more of the results you want, even though it uses more water less efficiently.


how can it use more water less efficiently and simutensly gives you more resualts that i want?
____________
types in obscure english

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 25, 2008 10:59 AM

Quote:
Whew, had internet problems yesterday and today, but, fortunately, this thread hasn't gotten far.
I'm more afraid that GL won't have time to read it though

Quote:
Good job making a claim without any examples.
Examples? How about my life as a child?

Now seriously, I think we all know that every children likes to be "the center of the Universe". Most kids think their birthplace is the center of the Universe, or their home. Also, kids like to have wishes and dreams that come true -- they can come true, albeit, if my relativity ideas are implemented, since that's what they control, everything around them. Of course, I said they do so, in a childish manner, but at least they DO it.

Quote:
Because this way of thinking goes by way of the tooth fairy.
Alas discarding the tooth fairy because it sounds "silly" is like worshiping some authority because the alternative "sounds silly". You call those people "sheep".

It can be used the other way around as well: Are you a sheep because you subdue to the fact that tooth fairies are "silly" without any thinking/arguments?

And besides, it isn't silly for me.

Quote:
Then - nothing. It doesn't make any difference, does it?
Oh, but it does, in philosophical thinking. Philosophy seeks knowledge, not practical applications like science. Besides, if we find a way to concentrate and manipulate it, maybe it will make a difference. But how are we supposed to do that if we don't believe it in the first place?

Quote:
Do you ever get the feeling that you're banging your head against the wall? Haven't we already had this discussion, and you went in with your claims that somebody would use a rudder as a pile of bricks - to slow a car down? That is an entirely inadequate counterargument.
Why? Just because you think it is more "efficient", whatever that means, doesn't mean it's objective. And in fact, it is NOT, since energy can't be created NOR destroyed. Thus, there is no "waste" objectively, just a different form. Now, whatever you WANT to do with that energy, I'm sorry to inform you again, but it is subjective. A "need" (like: "what I want") is subjective. The practical applications are used to reach that SUBJECTIVE GOAL.

Therefore I proved my point.

Quote:
Let us say that you operate two water mills. One is less efficient, and one is more efficient. However, the more efficient one is on a slower river, and can thus mill less. Then the first one is more "performant", because it gives you more of the results you want, even though it uses more water less efficiently.
No it is less efficient and less "intelligent". Let's say that it is a measure of "speed/consumption" ratio (in CPU i mean).
____________
The above post is subject to SIRIOUSness.
No jokes were harmed during the making of this signature.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Asheera
Asheera


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Elite Assassin
posted August 25, 2008 11:03 AM

Quote:
Why? Just because you think it is more "efficient", whatever that means, doesn't mean it's objective. And in fact, it is NOT, since energy can't be created NOR destroyed. Thus, there is no "waste" objectively, just a different form. Now, whatever you WANT to do with that energy, I'm sorry to inform you again, but it is subjective. A "need" (like: "what I want") is subjective. The practical applications are used to reach that SUBJECTIVE GOAL.
No, it is objective that it is more efficient for humans.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 25, 2008 11:06 AM

Quote:
No, it is objective that it is more efficient for humans.
What is "efficient" for a human? Can you measure that? What about religion? Religious people think that it's more "efficient" to go to Heaven?

Just admit it that it's subjective already. Your opinion is no better than anyone else's. It's subjective. Regardless of majority

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antipaladin
Antipaladin


Promising
Legendary Hero
of Ooohs and Aaahs
posted August 25, 2008 01:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No, it is objective that it is more efficient for humans.
What is "efficient" for a human? Can you measure that? What about religion? Religious people think that it's more "efficient" to go to Heaven?

Just admit it that it's subjective already. Your opinion is no better than anyone else's. It's subjective. Regardless of majority

religion suxxorz,its a humane way to explain something he cant understnad,saying god has mystres ways however to make it legimitse for the churches togain power,and money they propgandises the 'benefits' of beliving ie going to heaven,well tell of anyone who went back and returned to tell how good it was,no one,couse they didnt go there in the first place ?
____________
types in obscure english

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 25, 2008 01:46 PM

I wasn't talking about religion in the sense that it is true or not, but that what those people say is "efficient" is subjective, just like any other opinion.
Quote:
religion suxxorz
subjective

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mvassilev
mvassilev


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted August 25, 2008 01:58 PM

Anti:
Quote:
how about making an exemple without claim?
Then it's useless.

Quote:
said the guy who used to warship namus.
Yeah, let's warship Namus!

Quote:
it does,actully,since you cant tell the differnce,you can atleast try making the best
The best what? Pie?

Quote:
how can it use more water less efficiently and simutensly gives you more resualts that i want?
This can be demonstrated easily through the use of mathematics. Let us say that River 1 provides 10 Productive Water Units, and River 2 provides 20 PWUs. Mill 1 has an Efficiency Factor (ratio at which it turns PWUs into Units of Useful Work) of 1.2. Mill 2 has an EF of 1.1. Therefore, when you use Mill 1 and River 1, you'll get 12 UUWs, while when you use Mill 2 and River 2, you'll get 22 UUWs. So even though the first one is more efficient, you'll get more of what you want with the second.

TheDeath:
Quote:
Now seriously, I think we all know that every children likes to be "the center of the Universe". Most kids think their birthplace is the center of the Universe, or their home.
What does this have to do with relativity?

Quote:
Alas discarding the tooth fairy because it sounds "silly" is like worshiping some authority because the alternative "sounds silly". You call those people "sheep".
On the other hand, if you don't think that anything sounds silly, you'd better be prepared for the Invisible Pink Unicorns waiting for the sacrifice of your firstborn.

Quote:
Philosophy seeks knowledge, not practical applications like science.
That's not how I see philosophy. Philosophy certainly seeks knowledge, but its findings are useless if they can't be implemented. For example, you can philosophize and say, "It'd be nice if people weren't selfish." So? What difference does it make? Meanwhile, when I philosophize, I use it as a tool to try to suggest a better society - something that would indeed be useful.

Quote:
Besides, if we find a way to concentrate and manipulate it, maybe it will make a difference. But how are we supposed to do that if we don't believe it in the first place?
You go ahead and try, but to me it seems like nonsense. If you can prove that it's possible, though, then that'll draw my attention.

Quote:
Why? Just because you think it is more "efficient", whatever that means, doesn't mean it's objective.
Yes, it does. It is not the purpose of a rudder to slow people down. You can use it for that purpose, just like you can kill people with a mop, but that is not the purpose of those objects.

Quote:
Thus, there is no "waste" objectively, just a different form.
Yes, there is. If I input 20 watts to do some work, and I only get 10 watts of useful output, then there is waste. This is objective, because I want 20 watts to do whatever I want to do, but get only 10.

Quote:
Religious people think that it's more "efficient" to go to Heaven?
Yes.
____________
Eccentric Opinion

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antipaladin
Antipaladin


Promising
Legendary Hero
of Ooohs and Aaahs
posted August 25, 2008 01:59 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about religion in the sense that it is true or not, but that what those people say is "efficient" is subjective, just like any other opinion.
Quote:
religion suxxorz
subjective

Irrelevent.
____________
types in obscure english

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted August 25, 2008 02:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Now seriously, I think we all know that every children likes to be "the center of the Universe". Most kids think their birthplace is the center of the Universe, or their home.
What does this have to do with relativity?
See bold part.

Quote:
On the other hand, if you don't think that anything sounds silly, you'd better be prepared for the Invisible Pink Unicorns waiting for the sacrifice of your firstborn.
And? In philosophy we can discuss about such sacrifice. Of course, it can just as well be Green unicorns, which is why there aren't really many arguments. However, as we have seen both from relativity and "Matrix" (virtual worlds), then the absolute, as you like to call it, is IMPOSSIBLE to be proven, since everything is relative. Thus, while I agree that my "ideas" are not very strongly backed up, your absolute viewpoint has even LESS (remember: we're not talking about practical applications, but about ideas) since a proof, as we all know, is impossible. I don't have proofs either.

Quote:
Philosophy seeks knowledge, not practical applications like science.
That's not how I see philosophy. Philosophy certainly seeks knowledge, but its findings are useless if they can't be implemented. For example, you can philosophize and say, "It'd be nice if people weren't selfish." So? What difference does it make? Meanwhile, when I philosophize, I use it as a tool to try to suggest a better society - something that would indeed be useful.

Quote:
You go ahead and try, but to me it seems like nonsense. If you can prove that it's possible, though, then that'll draw my attention.
Proof? We're talking about philosophy here, not science!

Quote:
Yes, it does. It is not the purpose of a rudder to slow people down.
Seriously? Who makes this "purpose"? Nature? The universe? The one who invented it? Besides, the one who invented it is a guy that MANIPULATED some stuff nature has made (you can't create nature), thus he used the "purpose" of Nature itself.

I don't see such purpose written anywhere, except maybe in some Bibles. Why would it be objective?

Quote:
Yes, there is. If I input 20 watts to do some work, and I only get 10 watts of useful output, then there is waste.
Energy can't be created nor destroyed.

Quote:
This is objective, because I want 20 watts to do whatever I want to do, but get only 10.
I want, is subjective.

the rest is heat. From Nature's point of view, there hasn't been any "waste". Nature's point of view is objective.

Quote:
Yes.
So are they objective? I mean, that's what they want to do

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1933 seconds