Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: portal of summoning
Thread: portal of summoning
koelle
koelle


Adventuring Hero
posted January 11, 2010 07:20 PM

portal of summoning

is there a way to influence which creature building will be chosen on day one or is this completely random?

thx for answers
____________
koelle

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Binabik
Binabik


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 11, 2010 08:42 PM

It's completely random. The best way to influence which creatures you get is to only flag dwellings that you want. That probably means flagging level 6-7 dwellings and nothing else.

It can be a gamble because you might pass some mid level dwellings without knowing if you will find higher level ones later.

With multiple flagged dwellings it's based on how many you have. If you have 3 warrens, 1 harpy loft and 1 dragon cave, then there is a 20% chance of getting a dragon, 20% of getting harpies and 60% chance of getting trogs. It's based on the number of dwellings on day 7 of the previous week.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted January 12, 2010 01:42 AM

've heard its based on the last external dwelling you visited.
____________
Protection From Everything.
dota

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sub_zero
sub_zero


Adventuring Hero
posted January 12, 2010 01:49 AM

they believed that in the past. but it's like binabik said.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mamgaeater
mamgaeater


Legendary Hero
Shroud, Flying, Trample, Haste
posted January 12, 2010 02:58 AM

Well even i learned something.
____________
Protection From Everything.
dota

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 29, 2019 09:58 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 22:05, 29 Jul 2019.

One thing is that AI can't build Portal of Summoning, but it appears it is not even allowed to buy creatures from it if it's already build, does anybody know why?

I really hate how there are some buildings AI is not allowed to build.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 30, 2019 02:04 AM

AI doesn't build special buildings of Fortress/Stronghold which gives +1 attack/defense either.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
monere
monere


Supreme Hero
posted July 30, 2019 05:58 PM

Otuken said:
AI doesn't build special buildings of Fortress/Stronghold which gives +1 attack/defense either.
well, that's plain stupid. How much of a difference can that +1 to ATT / DEF make for an already weak AI on king difficulty? It's so dumb...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 30, 2019 06:04 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 18:12, 30 Jul 2019.

Otuken said:
AI doesn't build special buildings of Fortress/Stronghold which gives +1 attack/defense either.

Well that is not true, it does build those buildings.

Here is the list of the buildings it does'nt build:
Castle: Brotherhood of the Sword AND Lighthouse
Dungeon: Mana Vortex AND Portal of Summoning (it does'nt even buy the creatures if PoS is already build)
Inferno: Brimstone Stormclouds
Rampart: Fountain of Fortune
Stronghold: Freelancer's Guild
HotA's Cove: Grotto AND Thieves' Guild

At least Lighthouse, Mana Vortex and Portal of Summoning could be very valuable for the AI, the other stuff is mostly bonuses while defending a town, which AI does'nt seem very concerned with.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 30, 2019 06:24 PM

I don't know your version. In my HotA AI doesn't build them.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 30, 2019 07:07 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 19:08, 30 Jul 2019.

Newest version of HotA.
AI can sometimes be really slow with town building, but it should buy those 2 buildings eventually.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gravedigger
Gravedigger


Hired Hero
posted August 10, 2019 05:03 PM

I will not create new topic but instead I ask You here:

Does AI really uses MARKET when it's lacking of resources but have gold or vice versa ? It sells wood and ore if its no longer needed but does it buy resources such as crystals when its needed to recruits units ?

Why AI does not recruiting units in city, unless hero will enter the city ...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ReinePedauque
ReinePedauque


Adventuring Hero
faerie
posted September 02, 2019 01:49 PM

the last count

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0398 seconds