Heroes of Might and Magic Community
please log in.! Register | Today's Posts | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

Heroes 1 (Heroes 2 (Heroes 3 (Heroes 4 (Heroes 5 (Heroes 6 ()

Login:     Username:     Password:    
Heroes Community > Heroes 6 - The New Beginning > Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 1.2 - Discussion thread ~
Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 1.2 - Discussion thread ~ [ This thread is 30 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ]
alcibiades Online
alcibiades

Hero of Order
and Light
posted December 17, 2011 08:41 AM
Edited by alcibiades at 08:42, 17 Dec 2011.

Quote:
Quote:
Except remember that both morale & destiny are good for Inferno
The Inferno creature have the lowest morale points individually, so I'm not sure what do you mean.
He means good as in useful. Because if you get positive morale, it will also give you another shot at getting good luck, thus giving you increased chance of having your gauge fill as a secondary effect. On the other hand, having a high Destiny score will not help Haven have their gauge fill faster.
____________
Heroes 7 - News overview | Heroes 7 - Discussion thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Zenofex
Zenofex


Responsible
Legendary Hero
Kreegan-atheist
posted December 17, 2011 09:12 AM

I don't understand how this helps. Two random factors have to trigger at once so just because you get good morale doesn't mean that you'll get lucky attack (if you decide to target something at all). Given that the Inferno creatures have low morale in general, the Haven gauge will still fill faster overall even if every once in a while some Inferno creature gets both good morale and good luck.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blizzardboy
blizzardboy


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Dudeman. Half dude. Half man.
posted December 17, 2011 09:29 AM
Edited by blizzardboy at 10:18, 17 Dec 2011.

Quote:
I don't understand how this helps.


Yes you do, but I realize that your honor is very important to you. If you don't want to say so, it's cool.  

I'm assuming Haven will still fill faster due to gaining points from losing troops. Getting points from destiny is inherently advantageous to gaining from morale though due to more opportunities, unless you're in a siege or something and you're doing a lot of waiting, which I'm sure is exactly the reason why Inferno can't get points from other means as opposed to Haven. Plus gating itself helps to fill the gauge more, as you can zerg the field with more stacks, which means more attacks. Granted, it's not like you can keep your stacks alive in a duel since Inferno is limp dick with endurance, but that's beside the point. The more attacks, the more probability.

And there's something in the game called spells, abilities, and artifacts. It's generally assumed you're not going to be engaging your opponent as a level 1 Heretic that serves the Prince of Suck, but even so, any amount of morale is still beneficial towards their racial. Having an Inferno army with good morale isn't particularly difficult. You just drop a mass burning determination once you're engaged, or a mass heroism at some point, which works best with Inferno since their racial benefits from both morale & destiny. Morale is also synergistic with Stronghold's racial, since it's based on the # of instances where they deal damage.  

Once (if) they find a way to further discourage turtling, Inferno will be able to fill up nicely in open combat. It would be nice if they reintroduced the Teleport Other ability from H5 so that Inferno could easily uncrack a defensive shell.
____________
Gentlemen.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
alcibiades Online
alcibiades

Hero of Order
and Light
posted December 17, 2011 12:20 PM

Quote:
I don't understand how this helps. Two random factors have to trigger at once so just because you get good morale doesn't mean that you'll get lucky attack (if you decide to target something at all). Given that the Inferno creatures have low morale in general, the Haven gauge will still fill faster overall even if every once in a while some Inferno creature gets both good morale and good luck.
I - or he - didn't say that Haven didn't fill faster. All that was pointed out was the only Leadership will increase Haven's gauge fill rate, whereas both Leadership and Luck will increase Inferno's. It might be a small benefit from Leadership, that is true, but it's a free benefit on top of the usual bonus, so that still counts for something.
____________
Heroes 7 - News overview | Heroes 7 - Discussion thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
ChaosDragon
ChaosDragon


Famous Hero
posted December 17, 2011 11:01 PM

From my experience, it is a huge help to have high morale for inferno, yes i know if we are looking at the math, it says otherwise, but in practice, high morale is very good for inferno, at least it is proved many times to me.

I mostly play inferno, but i don't play duel, no comment for duel, but in multiplayer that morale bonus from mass determination is a huge benefit to score more luck, means more gating, but it must be used in the right time indeed, because like blizzardboy said above, the only reason inferno have a hard time increasing its gauge is because they are rarely act, unlike HoMM 5, attacking enemy asap is suicide for inferno in HoMM 6, mass determination is useless if inferno is not attacking anything.


Quote:
What I would like to know with patch 1.2 is if they adressed the petrification abuse, what cooldown, dispellable on own troops or not, etc


Even now, it is Dispellable, i never tried it with purge or mass purity, but dispel and mass dispel from prime magic tree is able to dispell it, and the single target dispell has 2 cooldown, fewer than petrify, it's easy to counter petrify abuse. Mass dispell has 3 cooldown if i'm not mistaken, and as we all know the cooldown is not shared with normal dispell, so you have dual dispell.



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DoubleDeck
DoubleDeck


Promising
Legendary Hero
Look into my eyes...
posted December 18, 2011 01:49 AM
Edited by DoubleDeck at 01:49, 18 Dec 2011.

Does anyone know if Patch 1.2 will remove my current 1.1.1 savegames in the campaign? I don't want to start the campaigns all over again.....

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Pacifist
Pacifist


Famous Hero
posted December 18, 2011 07:35 AM
Edited by pacifist at 07:37, 18 Dec 2011.

Quote:
From my experience, it is a huge help to have high morale for inferno, yes i know if we are looking at the math, it says otherwise, but in practice, high morale is very good for inferno, at least it is proved many times to me.

I mostly play inferno, but i don't play duel, no comment for duel, but in multiplayer that morale bonus from mass determination is a huge benefit to score more luck, means more gating, but it must be used in the right time indeed, because like blizzardboy said above, the only reason inferno have a hard time increasing its gauge is because they are rarely act, unlike HoMM 5, attacking enemy asap is suicide for inferno in HoMM 6, mass determination is useless if inferno is not attacking anything.


Quote:
What I would like to know with patch 1.2 is if they adressed the petrification abuse, what cooldown, dispellable on own troops or not, etc


Even now, it is Dispellable, i never tried it with purge or mass purity, but dispel and mass dispel from prime magic tree is able to dispell it, and the single target dispell has 2 cooldown, fewer than petrify, it's easy to counter petrify abuse. Mass dispell has 3 cooldown if i'm not mistaken, and as we all know the cooldown is not shared with normal dispell, so you have dual dispell.





Yes you can dispel petrify if it affects your troops but not the troops of the opponent who are invulnerable to eveything, that is the abuse . At least it was like that when I tested it in hotseat. Only problem maybe is the hero with dispel was only level 1 while the other lv 30.

Also even if possible, then stronghold is the only faction impotent against it, I checked with purge too.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
deer92
deer92

Tavern Dweller
posted December 18, 2011 07:46 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know if Patch 1.2 will remove my current 1.1.1 savegames in the campaign? I don't want to start the campaigns all over again.....


Patch 1.2 wouldnt erase your saved campaign games, I still got all my campaign and hero stats retained after patch 1.2

However if you played a custom game, u cant load that save, the game will automatically boot you out if you try to load that save.  (donno about if you are in the middle of a campaign mission, probably will kick u out too) but either way, the worst is u just need to restart that mission

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4m
phoenix4m


Hired Hero
posted December 18, 2011 09:00 AM

Will there be any update on the graphic cards utilization?
And by the way... who is responsible for developing and optimizing graphic card performance?
Is it AMD/NVIDIA or is it Ubisoft?
Who shall I write a angry mail to?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
X-ecutionner
X-ecutionner


Known Hero
posted December 18, 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:
Patch 1.2 wouldnt erase your saved campaign games, I still got all my campaign and hero stats retained after patch 1.2


Will it retain every map I did on campaign mode ? I did a whole campaign on Hero rank, couldn't unlock achievements.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
deer92
deer92

Tavern Dweller
posted December 18, 2011 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Patch 1.2 wouldnt erase your saved campaign games, I still got all my campaign and hero stats retained after patch 1.2


Will it retain every map I did on campaign mode ? I did a whole campaign on Hero rank, couldn't unlock achievements.


Yes, I redid my Necro campaign with a new custom hero to check if they fixed the bug for the 4 rank respective achievement.  And I unlocked all the 4 achievement upon finishing the first stage, which means the game already remembers your rank during your first playthrough of the campaign.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChaosDragon
ChaosDragon


Famous Hero
posted December 19, 2011 03:04 AM

Is there any update about graphic card requirements? The game seems doesn't favor ati series.

Quote:
Yes you can dispel petrify if it affects your troops but not the troops of the opponent who are invulnerable to eveything, that is the abuse . At least it was like that when I tested it in hotseat. Only problem maybe is the hero with dispel was only level 1 while the other lv 30.

Also even if possible, then stronghold is the only faction impotent against it, I checked with purge too.


Have you tried it online? In online it works fine, my hero and my opponent hero level are same, i can dispel any kind of petrify, even the one he cast on his own creature or if i cast it on his creature. Though i don't know if there are specific condition that is not listed in tooltip of the spells, like hero level requirement. I will test it in hotseat though.

Well, Stronghold have the most elemental magic, it is fair if it doesn't have prime magic.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Pacifist
Pacifist


Famous Hero
posted December 19, 2011 03:47 AM

Well if dispel works ok online I expect it should be ok in patch 1.2 hotseat too or the difference of levels of heroes is important like for duration of spells or power of some spells. It can be that the power of the spell is just completely negated by the difference of levels. I'll check back with 1.2 and better testing conditions .

Hope purge works too then since it's not the lack of prime magic that bothers me with stronghold but the lack of a single dispel or equivalent spell. Maybe a counter with rush and haste in turns 2 and 3 but opponent can cast haste and rush too ...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice Online
Maurice


Promising
Supreme Hero
Knowledge-monger
posted December 19, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:
Given that the Inferno creatures have low morale in general


This also means that Inferno has a larger benefit of gaining Morale boosts through other means, with respect to other factions.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
alcibiades Online
alcibiades

Hero of Order
and Light
posted December 19, 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Given that the Inferno creatures have low morale in general
This also means that Inferno has a larger benefit of gaining Morale boosts through other means, with respect to other factions.
Well I'm not sure that's a universal truth. While the relative gain is larger, their final value will still be lower than for other factions, making it less reliable for Inferno than for other factions.
____________
Heroes 7 - News overview | Heroes 7 - Discussion thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
mancubus
mancubus


Adventuring Hero
posted December 19, 2011 01:52 PM

In a way I admire those who still have some hope left

Personally I am not going to start playing it before proper town screens arrive, though other fixes are welcome, too.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fraudatio
fraudatio


Famous Hero
posted December 19, 2011 05:00 PM

Quote:
In a way I admire those who still have some hope left

Personally I am not going to start playing it before proper town screens arrive, though other fixes are welcome, too.


I have started to like the town screens, easy to navigate etc. Of course i understand if somebody has more feelings attacked to the visual expression of them, but i see a lot of other things i hope they prioritize to fix


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
deer92
deer92

Tavern Dweller
posted December 19, 2011 05:14 PM

As I redid the Necro campaign, I went blood with my hero, and in the 3rd mission where I got access to the new companion, I found although she is level 17, she had none of her skill points distributed yet, which is great as I think in the 1.1 Patch, all the skill had been pre-selected, which makes the secondary hero really crap.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DoubleDeck
DoubleDeck


Promising
Legendary Hero
Look into my eyes...
posted December 20, 2011 01:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if Patch 1.2 will remove my current 1.1.1 savegames in the campaign? I don't want to start the campaigns all over again.....


Patch 1.2 wouldnt erase your saved campaign games, I still got all my campaign and hero stats retained after patch 1.2

However if you played a custom game, u cant load that save, the game will automatically boot you out if you try to load that save.  (donno about if you are in the middle of a campaign mission, probably will kick u out too) but either way, the worst is u just need to restart that mission


Just installed Patch 1.2 and it keeps all your savegames, even for current campaign mission...which is cool!

Loving the tactics remembering your troop placement

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kodial79
kodial79


Promising
Supreme Hero
How'd Phi's Lov't
posted December 20, 2011 02:23 AM

So uh, where are the patch notes?


____________
Signature? I don't need no stinking signature!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 30 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0808 seconds