Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Might and Magic VII Take 2 — IC
Thread: Might and Magic VII Take 2 — IC This thread is 39 pages long: 1 10 20 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 · «PREV / NEXT»
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted January 13, 2013 04:38 PM
Edited by War-overlord at 16:39, 13 Jan 2013.

The skeletons flailing nearly threw Broïndur of it. But he quickly recovered from this smack and had the presence of mind to grab with one hand for the greatest threat. In this case the sword the undead was waving around awkwardly trying to rake Broïndur with it despite the inoperable angle.
Broïndur managed to grab the hand that was holding the sword. Knowing that with him on top of the skeleton, tugging the sword free was futile. Instead he pressed it against the floor, to keep it out of the air and eliminating it as a potential threat.
When the Skeleton tried to get up, Broïndur grabbed for the skull as well. Remembering that back home, the head was the "vulnerable" part of undead. He dug his fingers into the eyesockets and forcing the jaw closed with the bottom of his handpalm. Then he forcefully smashed the skull against the floor.
He heard something creak. Though wether it was the skull or the floor, he could not tell. Though the moment he smashed the skull against the floor, he felt the skeletons resistance diminish. So Broïndur lifted the skull from the floor to smash it back against it repeatedly.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 13, 2013 06:20 PM

Broïndur and Mat:

In the lantern light, Mat can tell that the shield bashing is having some effect. A few bones have become cracked or chipped; the bones are old and brittle and none of the three skeletons is particularly well armored. (One used to be a farmer by the rags hanging from its bones.) On the other hand, they're rather nimble and light, and keeping the shield in front of the blows of both undead isn't easy.

Broïndur finds that the resistance diminishes, but doesn't vanish entirely as the skull gives way into shards—apparently the undead here are put together differently. ((Persistent, as I said.)) Its sword arm trapped, the headless skeleton rakes Broïndur's eyes with its empty hand, grasping and clawing.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 13, 2013 10:33 PM

"Yes, I am sure they would charge a high price for it. Hopefully it is not beyond our scope of ability to pay. Whether it is or not, we need to head on board and see if they have one before we can find that out."

Tristan starts for the boat.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 13, 2013 10:48 PM

Rincewind takes a deep breath and follows. At least they're merchants, he thought, they don't kill you, only rob you.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted January 14, 2013 03:34 PM

Broïndur howled when the skeleton tried to gouge his eyes. It was more the surprise of it than it was pain. He jerked his head back, opened his mouth as he twisted the angle and bit down on the wrist of the hand.
It did not stop the hand reaching for his eyes, so Broïndur jerked his head back again with the wrist still in his mouth. The hand came off.
With his other hand now free, he grabbed the pinned arm just below the shoulder. With one hand on the skeletons hand and the other on the humerus, Broïndur tugged as best he could given the position. After a second sharp tug, the arm came free as well.
Broïndur rolled of the skeleton and got to his feet. He quickly pried the scimitar free from the skeleton's grip. Then grabbing it with both hands, he raised it above his head to bring it down onto the ribcage of the skeleton.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted January 14, 2013 08:32 PM

Mat finally noticed that these things really were just bones and ligaments, and as such there wasn't anything really meaty to protect their bony, bony knees, elbows and other joints. So he decided to take a risk. Bashing one more time with his shield, Mat drove back the unarmed skeleton again and then he literally threw the shield at the other's arm, attempting to dislodge its shoulder from its socket, and hopefully stunning it for a short while.

Then he grabbed his Ashendari in both hands, swept with the blade towards the knees of the unarmed skeleton and spun the shaft of his weapon at the back of the undead man(?)'s head.
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 15, 2013 01:27 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 13:27, 15 Jan 2013.

Tristan and Rincewind:

You make your way down the dock to the Turquoise Bay; a line of sailors is pulling boxes out of the ship, and transporting them to the yacht. You recognize several of them from the crew, including the captain overseeing the whole matter. The furrier members of the crew are out of sight, though you sometimes catch glimpses of them on the ship itself. The captain notices you almost at once, and calling out says:

"You there! What are you doing here?"

----------------

Mat and Broïndur:

Most of the ribcage crumbles, leaving the dry legs and hipbone to clamber to their feet on their own. What's left of the thing looks wobbly and feeble however, lacking coordination even taking into consideration it's missing half its body.

Mat's blow doesn't manage to dislocate the shoulder—instead the limb snaps off, leaving a little stub of bone behind while the rest skitters lifelessly over the hold floor. It ignores the missing limb to charge at the pair of you. Mat's ashendari takes the skeleton's skull clean off, but like the one Broïndur beheaded that doesn't seem to stop it, just slow it down.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted January 15, 2013 11:32 PM

With a swift kick, Broïndur sent the remains of the skeleton into the far wall. He was not concerned with that one anymore. What was it gonna do? Run in to him?
So he turned to lend his new sword to Mats cause. Seeing as Mat had just smacked on's head off, Broïndur decided to take the other one on.
So with a howl and the scimitar held high, he quickly closed the distance between them and burried the weapon into the collar bone of the other skeleton.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted January 16, 2013 12:34 AM

Mat swept the blade of his staff again, moving in an arch that would sheer through the legs of the headless skeleton and the chest of the one-armed one. What does it take of these things to just admit they are dead?
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 16, 2013 07:44 PM

Rincewind waved his hand as he walked closer so he wouldn't have to shout.

"Hallo. We're in a bit of a pickle and you're pretty much the only person we know on this island so we didn't know where else to turn. We need to..." Rincewind paused to emphasize the next word, "acquire something. You wouldn't happen to know where we could find an elven bow?"
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 17, 2013 03:31 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 03:32, 17 Jan 2013.

Broïndur and Mat:

You defeat the remaining two skeletons after a little more combat, the bodies giving off an odd sigh as they are finally smashed to pieces and becoming utterly lifeless. Mat takes some minor injuries in the process and Broïndur winds up with the broken bottle impaled in his shoulder, but you are otherwise well-off if tired.

For a short moment after the last skeleton falls, you hear a hollow clanking on the next deck up—clanking you can now recognize as the sound of bone-on-bone. Then it stops completely.

----------------

Rincewind and Tristan:

"Hallo. We're in a bit of a pickle and you're pretty much the only person we know on this island so we didn't know where else to turn. We need to...acquire something."

It isn't your imagination; the captain visibly brightens at Rincewind's tone and choice of words.

"You wouldn't happen to know where we could find an elven bow?"

Suntamer's mouth twitches. "I've heard a party has posted an auction notice at the inn for theirs...but we both know you don't have that kind of coin. Unless you've stumbled over a dragon's hoard since we last met." He chuckles. "But I suppose I could ask around the crew to see if someone has a bow they'd be willing to part with...it still won't be cheap, however."

He looks thoughtful for a moment before he continues. Excessive time on the streets of Ankh-Morpork allow Rincewind to note the way the man pitches his voice so as not to be overheard, the expression of calm cheer meant to fool casual onlookers and the careful way he chooses his words—specifically avoiding names:

"I have a proposal for you. A certain individual and I" the Dark Elf's head tilts briefly in the direction of the yacht "recently had an...agreement of sorts. He's a twisty fellow and I would like something in the way of leverage to make sure he doesn't go back on his obligations to me. Something he doesn't want found would be ideal; I know he's had a number of shady dealings in the past. Failing that, something of his he would be unwilling to do without." He looks you over to make sure you understand before concluding. "Bring me something of a sensitive nature pertaining to this individual and I will arrange for a bow."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted January 17, 2013 11:34 AM

Broïndur was rubbing a sore spot on his arse, which was sore due to the falls he had made today. He was also debating himself wether he should remove the glass from his shoulder. He couldn't look at it properly, due to the angle, so he had a hard time judging whether it was better to leave it in or pull it out. Doubtlessly he had survived far deeper fleshwounds, but that was with his durable dwarven body back home and with people who knew healing nearby. Broïndur grunted.
"Mat, ken ye take a look at this here bottle in me shoulder? What say you? Leave it in or pull it out? And while we're at it, do ye want this here sword?" Obviously indicating the bronze scimitar he had pilfered from the skeleton who wielded it just a moment before. "Cause if ye don't, I'd like it."
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 17, 2013 10:43 PM

Tristan glanced over to the yacht. "Something of a sensitive nature? Seems a little... Oh, never mind. What is the name of this man we are to obtain something from?"
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 18, 2013 01:40 AM

Tristan and Rincewind:

The Dark Elf captain just facepalms.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 18, 2013 02:03 AM

Tristan shrugs. "Well, if you do not want to say, you can keep it to yourself. We will just go about it without."
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Rincewind was not a natural merchant, nor one by trade, but you don't go on living all your life in Ankh-Morpork where even the thefts and killings were executed by strict quotas and using elaborate contracts without learning to strike deals with others.

"What my friend means to say is that we are very happy that you agreed to help us finding the object of our desires and we'll be back later tonight to pick it up. We will of course not forget your kindness when we do so." Rincewind quickly said as he pushed Tristan away in the direction of the yacht.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 19, 2013 12:39 AM

Tristan and Rincewind:

The Dark Elf captain nods and waves you off. "Be sure to be back by sunrise; we're sailing with the dawn tide."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted January 19, 2013 05:28 PM

Tristan went along with the pushing, not really finding a real reason to resist.

"It has definitely been a while since I have had to deal with such a man. Being a... Well, let us get on with the task then."
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 19, 2013 05:59 PM

"Yes, let's just see what this yacht looks like and try to find a way in avoiding the guards."
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted January 20, 2013 01:05 AM

Rincewind and Tristan:

The yacht appears well-lit, and a number of uniformed guards are patrolling the deck. Unlike the other two ships currently in port, its sides are extensively carved above the waterline, brightly painted and gilded. The ramp onto the deck is down, and sailors are moving a number of boxes and chests between the yacht and the Turquoise Bay—a pair of guards at the top of the ramp are keeping an eye on the whole procedure.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 39 pages long: 1 10 20 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0933 seconds