Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features
Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features This Super Thread is 516 pages long: 1 60 120 180 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 240 300 360 420 480 516 · «PREV / NEXT»
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted July 27, 2016 11:38 PM

phoenix4ever said:
The balance between towns is pretty good, definitely better than before HotA. I still feel Cove is OP though and Castle is still really good. Some towns could also use a small boost, Fortress for example, how about giving gnolls or lizardmen an ability? Or change the way Infernos demon farming works to make it easier to use like necromancy.
The towns can remain different to each other, but be pretty equal in power.

But another thing that could use some "balance" is the spell system. You can almost win every battle vs map with mass haste and slow, easy to get level 1 spells.

Some artifacts would also fit better at other tiers, Shackles of War should be a relic for example.


Cove is a lil OP imho, yeah... Fortress doesn't need anything it's a rush town with wyvern day2 you crumble the whole trashmobs first week without any problems, you don't need gnolls or lizardman the whole game, it's like dendondroids or dwarfs on rampart, I never buy any of these, maybe good for defend a siege but they slow down anything and waste the money in your treasury if you have one. Demon machanic works nice as it is... but much better in PvP, sacrifice an trash unit, deal damage, raise to demons and attack again, otherways use Zydar with Efreets and have some luck with Armageddon. I agree on Spellsystem but thats an old hat now. Shackles of war are so conditional -> Major is okay for them, also relics are much more common than major by default in any random map template afaik.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
noname
noname


Hired Hero
posted July 30, 2016 10:42 PM

What happened to those heroes brought by hota (scouting specialis in fortress, castle, and alike)?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2016 09:47 AM
Edited by P4R4D0X0N at 19:54, 31 Jul 2016.

noname said:
What happened to those heroes brought by hota (scouting specialis in fortress, castle, and alike)?


Ranloo always replaces Galthran (as far as I've read in this thread Galthran is still available in prisons if you're super super super lucky)(Never happened to me in 100 random map on G size).

nik312 said:
Galthran was banned as a starting hero, but allowed for leveling if received in-game


Beatrice, Kinkeria, Derek are ONLY selectable, when you toggle water content off. They replace a navigation specialty hero in all cases (Sylvia, Voy, Elmore). Bidley and Tark are in campaign only...

Edit: aaaand I guess I found a bug... I just attacked a lich building on map with vampire lord... these liches relailiated, vampires should prevent that coz on no retailiation, or is it just me? I gonna check again.
Edit2: Can't reproduce it... maybe my mistake.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted August 01, 2016 12:32 AM

Probably just the liches attacking the vampires in melee. If they attack right after your vampires, it may seem like they retaliate, when they actually use their turn to attack.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 01, 2016 09:04 AM
Edited by nik312 at 09:07, 01 Aug 2016.

Quote:
Galthran was banned as a starting hero, but allowed for leveling if received in-game


How did you manage to get this out of context? 0_o. Not trying to mock, just have no idea how this is possible and genuinly curious).

Anyway - it was so before HotA by most popular SoD multiplayer rules. In HotA Galthran is just replaced by Ranloo on random maps. No way of getting him at all. Only on fixed maps

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted August 01, 2016 09:34 AM

Is Galthran really that OP compared to Isra, Vidomina and Thant for example? Ranloo is not good that's for sure.

Any news regarding 1.4.3 Nik?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted August 01, 2016 10:23 AM
Edited by P4R4D0X0N at 11:09, 01 Aug 2016.

nik312 said:
How did you manage to get this out of context? 0_o. Not trying to mock, just have no idea how this is possible and genuinly curious).

Anyway - it was so before HotA by most popular SoD multiplayer rules. In HotA Galthran is just replaced by Ranloo on random maps. No way of getting him at all. Only on fixed maps


Wasn't this supposed to mean he's still in game but just not as "starting hero"? This means at least to me, he's available later one in prisonsand stuff... Okay in that case I've to correct myself, this would also explain a lot in case of played maps.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Evaline
Evaline


Known Hero
posted August 01, 2016 11:03 AM

phoenix4ever said:
Any news regarding 1.4.3 Nik?

No news is Good News!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bidik
bidik

Tavern Dweller
posted August 01, 2016 02:20 PM

Hello, after long years of Heroes of Might & Magic, very happy to encounter this expension eventhough I think Im a little late. Just want to ask after installing the game, arriving on the menu page trying to open a new game I have "ResourceManager Get Sprite could not find the "sprite" resource AVW sonc.def" OR "Resource Manager : : GetBitmap816 could not find "bitmap" resource " erreurs, pls can anyone halp me to fix those, thanks
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
revolut1oN
revolut1oN


Famous Hero
posted August 01, 2016 03:00 PM

phoenix4ever said:
Is Galthran really that OP compared to Isra, Vidomina and Thant for example? Ranloo is not good that's for sure.

Any news regarding 1.4.3 Nik?


Galthran = top 3 hero of the game

Isra Vidomina Thant = useless heroes

Ranloo = ok hero


you need more game knowledge

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 01, 2016 03:39 PM
Edited by nik312 at 15:44, 01 Aug 2016.

Quote:
Is Galthran really that OP compared to Isra, Vidomina and Thant for example


Mmm... Short answer - yes. In regard to necropolis' gameplay position he is.

Quote:
Hello, after long years of Heroes of Might & Magic, very happy to encounter this expension eventhough I think Im a little late. Just want to ask after installing the game, arriving on the menu page trying to open a new game I have "ResourceManager Get Sprite could not find the "sprite" resource AVW sonc.def" OR "Resource Manager : : GetBitmap816 could not find "bitmap" resource " erreurs, pls can anyone halp me to fix those, thanks


Hello, bidik. Where did you download and how did you install the game? If you've downloaded an official version from this thread and installed it ontop of clean heroes 3 complete/sod - try running it as administrator

Quote:
Any news regarding 1.4.3 Nik

Long story short - no. There has been some awesome (in my opinion) improvements to the game, but the main reason of delay is not yet resolved and so I cannot give any predictions. No earlier than the end of summer for sure. Brace yourselves...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted August 01, 2016 04:03 PM

nik312 said:
Long story short - no. There has been some awesome (in my opinion) improvements to the game, but the main reason of delay is not yet resolved and so I cannot give any predictions. No earlier than the end of summer for sure. Brace yourselves...


Now you're sparking my curiousity . What's the roadblock you guys have run into? Can you give any info about it?
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
noname
noname


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2016 06:24 PM

[spoiler]
P4R4D0X0N said:
noname said:
What happened to those heroes brought by hota (scouting specialis in fortress, castle, and alike)?


Ranloo always replaces Galthran (as far as I've read in this thread Galthran is still available in prisons if you're super super super lucky)(Never happened to me in 100 random map on G size).

nik312 said:
Galthran was banned as a starting hero, but allowed for leveling if received in-game


Beatrice, Kinkeria, Derek are ONLY selectable, when you toggle water content off. They replace a navigation specialty hero in all cases (Sylvia, Voy, Elmore). Bidley and Tark are in campaign only...

Edit: aaaand I guess I found a bug... I just attacked a lich building on map with vampire lord... these liches relailiated, vampires should prevent that coz on no retailiation, or is it just me? I gonna check again.
Edit2: Can't reproduce it... maybe my mistake.
[/spoiler]
Thank you!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bidik
bidik

Tavern Dweller
posted August 01, 2016 07:11 PM

@nik312. thank you very much for the info
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Cip016
Cip016

Tavern Dweller
posted August 01, 2016 08:16 PM

how can i convert a wog map into a hota map ??
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted August 02, 2016 02:17 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 14:22, 02 Aug 2016.

Regarding Galthran I just wanna say I did some excessive testing regarding creature specialists and Galthran came out the very best!
I tested all creature specialists at level 30 and Galthran got +8 attack and +6 defense = 14 points. The other Death Knights all got +4 attack and +4 defense, so Galthran is clearly better than them, also because of Necromancy, so I kinda understand why he is banned now.
I wonder why Galthran gets so much bonus in addition to necromancy...
Still not sure he is better than Isra, Vidomina and Thant though...

Regarding skill specialists Drakon came in at number 2 with 13 points and Shakti and Ufretin came in at number 3 with 11 points.

The worst creature specialist is Jabarkas, giving only +4 attack and +2 defense = 6 points, makes him kinda hard to recommend.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted August 02, 2016 03:09 PM

How did you get those numbers? Did you level them up to level 30? If so, how often did you check each of them?
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted August 02, 2016 03:22 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 15:24, 02 Aug 2016.

I have a test map where I test all kinds of crazy stuff, but I placed a hero starting with 500000 xp making him/her level 30, then I tested with every creature speciliast in that map. I choose level 30 because that's a nice number that works well with both level 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 level creatures and I see it as kind of a maximum level for normal games.
I did'nt check levels between 1-30, that would require much more work, which I don't feel like doing now, but I tested all heroes at level 30 and conclusion is Galthran is best and Jabarkas is worst.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted August 02, 2016 04:12 PM

I can understand that - the question was, how often did you run this test for each Hero? How many iterations of level 30 Galthran did you make? Since primary skill boosts are random, there might be variations there - or did they all come out the same?
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted August 02, 2016 04:18 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 17:16, 02 Aug 2016.

It seems to be the same result every time.
Aren't the bonus calculated from the creatures default attack and defense?

Edit: I just tested Galthran 6 times in a row, with him having different stats each time, but his skeletons got +8 attack and +6 defense every time.
Also I believe the attack and defense bonus are calculated from non-upgraded creatures default attack and defense, even though the bonus applies to both non-upgraded and upgraded creatures.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Super Thread is 516 pages long: 1 60 120 180 ... 200 201 202 203 204 ... 240 300 360 420 480 516 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.4122 seconds