Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Other Games Exist Too > Thread: What are your least fave dungeons and raids in WoW?
Thread: What are your least fave dungeons and raids in WoW?
Vasilisa995
Vasilisa995


Hired Hero
posted June 30, 2014 01:48 PM

What are your least fave dungeons and raids in WoW?

Since this section of forum has to do with other games, I decided to ask other members of this.

My least favourite dungeons-

1-Acatraz (Worse than Magisters Terrace)
2-Maurodon (When I get in this dungeon, I wish it would be over soon)
3-Wailing Caverns (This dungeon is haven for those who need to grind Skinning profession.)
4-Sunken Temple (Nightmare in loot for some classes)
5-Black Morass (Yawn)

My least favourite raids

1-Dragon Soul (Repetitive last two boss fights. I'm not going back there, ever!)
2-Heart Fear (When I get there, I get a feeling that I'm in Mantid Beehive.)
3-AQ 40 (Trash respawning 1 hour after being killed, one boss requires frost damage.)

Feel free to share of your least faves.
____________
Always consider the consequences
of your actions.-Yulon

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ebonheart
Ebonheart


Famous Hero
Rush the rush
posted June 30, 2014 04:44 PM
Edited by Ebonheart at 16:47, 30 Jun 2014.

To make it simple to understand my taste I will simply present my thoughts like this:
Any instances and raids past Wotlk sucks.


Worst dungeons from Classic-Wotlk. From 1-5 as in worse.
1. Shadow Labyrint HC: Time for fun! - no, it was never fun. It was a nightmare to do regardless if it was done in blues or T6,5. The only obstacle was Blackheart the Inciter and the rest was trash boring.

2. The Oculus:  Nothing else to say but this: Leave the dungeon, requeue.

3. Shattered Halls HC: In one way an exciting dungeon but on the other hand a wipe a la night dungeon. No warrior tank? Nvm then. The mobs hit so hard it was pointless to even attempt to try with a druid or paladin until they had a lot of epics. Let's not even get started on the chaos on Ormok and Bladefist.

4. UBRS: So many wipes. So many people falling off from bridges and edges. Eggs being cracked open, Rend Blackhand slashes the tanks and easy aggroable packs.

5. Stratholme: A very cool dungeon, but a living hell to play. There are so many different abilities, spells, diseases, poisons, magics and mobs in there that no matter how hard you try you will always be plagued by one of them. The famous baron runs used to be a living hell to do, even with guild members.


Worst raids Classic-Wotlk. From 1-5 as in worse.

1. Wotlk Naxxramas: A disgusting second time use of one of the most respected and hard raids in the game. It could be done in lv 70 epics...

2. The Obsidian Sanctum: Basically just trash clear with dragons that was basically nuked down while you were cooking dinner.

3. ZG: I never ever want to go into the cursed place again. Bloodlord Mandokir, Jindo and Hakkar caused so many wipes I lost count after just one week in vanilla. The trash is boring and the coin/bijou greed was the pits.

4. Sunwell Plateau: The raid that so many praises to be the hardest, with M'uru to boot. The whole instance is overhyped and also boring. M'uru must be the most boring boss in WoW. Mandatory LW reroll. No melees. Only Shamans and Warlocks. Staring into a wall for the entire fight - awsome.

5. AQ40: The environment, design and bosses of the raid was epic. But the trash. Oh good lord how I fell asleep sometimes. Basically it was Starship Troopers until a boss - clear more and more insects with wipes being common. Knock up bugs, a long tunnel to clear in short amount of time, required nature resistance gear. Let's not forget to mention Plague, Meteor, Mind Flay, Mana Burn and Mana Drain.
The trash to C'thun was actually harder than some of the bosses and could take more than 2 hours to clear if things did not go well.

End of rant.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vasilisa995
Vasilisa995


Hired Hero
posted July 01, 2014 01:11 AM
Edited by Vasilisa995 at 01:30, 01 Jul 2014.

Ebonheart said:
To make it simple to understand my taste I will simply present my thoughts like this:
Any instances and raids past Wotlk sucks.


Worst dungeons from Classic-Wotlk. From 1-5 as in worse.
1. Shadow Labyrint HC: Time for fun! - no, it was never fun. It was a nightmare to do regardless if it was done in blues or T6,5. The only obstacle was Blackheart the Inciter and the rest was trash boring.

2. The Oculus:  Nothing else to say but this: Leave the dungeon, requeue.

3. Shattered Halls HC: In one way an exciting dungeon but on the other hand a wipe a la night dungeon. No warrior tank? Nvm then. The mobs hit so hard it was pointless to even attempt to try with a druid or paladin until they had a lot of epics. Let's not even get started on the chaos on Ormok and Bladefist.

4. UBRS: So many wipes. So many people falling off from bridges and edges. Eggs being cracked open, Rend Blackhand slashes the tanks and easy aggroable packs.

5. Stratholme: A very cool dungeon, but a living hell to play. There are so many different abilities, spells, diseases, poisons, magics and mobs in there that no matter how hard you try you will always be plagued by one of them. The famous baron runs used to be a living hell to do, even with guild members.


Worst raids Classic-Wotlk. From 1-5 as in worse.

1. Wotlk Naxxramas: A disgusting second time use of one of the most respected and hard raids in the game. It could be done in lv 70 epics...

2. The Obsidian Sanctum: Basically just trash clear with dragons that was basically nuked down while you were cooking dinner.

3. ZG: I never ever want to go into the cursed place again. Bloodlord Mandokir, Jindo and Hakkar caused so many wipes I lost count after just one week in vanilla. The trash is boring and the coin/bijou greed was the pits.

4. Sunwell Plateau: The raid that so many praises to be the hardest, with M'uru to boot. The whole instance is overhyped and also boring. M'uru must be the most boring boss in WoW. Mandatory LW reroll. No melees. Only Shamans and Warlocks. Staring into a wall for the entire fight - awesome.

5. AQ40: The environment, design and bosses of the raid was epic. But the trash. Oh good lord how I fell asleep sometimes. Basically it was Starship Troopers until a boss - clear more and more insects with wipes being common. Knock up bugs, a long tunnel to clear in short amount of time, required nature resistance gear. Let's not forget to mention Plague, Meteor, Mind Flay, Mana Burn and Mana Drain.
The trash to C'thun was actually harder than some of the bosses and could take more than 2 hours to clear if things did not go well.

End of rant.


I dislike AQ40 too very much. Felmyst and M'uru are things that I dislike about Sunwell. I mentioned two instances after Wrath of the Lich King, which I hate most.

UBRS is going to re-mapped in release of Warlords of Draenor. Ebonheart, let's hope that re-mapped version of Upper Blackrock Spire will be different and WoD will offer much better raids and dungeons than these we mentioned.
____________
Always consider the consequences
of your actions.-Yulon

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stevie
Stevie


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted July 01, 2014 01:33 AM

To be honest I've never thought of dungeons/raids in such terms. There wasn't any of them that I really hated. The only thing I disliked is the repetitiveness in which you inevitably end after playing for a long time.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vasilisa995
Vasilisa995


Hired Hero
posted July 01, 2014 08:45 AM

Stevie said:
To be honest I've never thought of dungeons/raids in such terms. There wasn't any of them that I really hated. The only thing I disliked is the repetitiveness in which you inevitably end after playing for a long time.


It's especially noted in Dragon Soul's last two bosses.
____________
Always consider the consequences
of your actions.-Yulon

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ebonheart
Ebonheart


Famous Hero
Rush the rush
posted July 01, 2014 10:17 AM

I quit playing retail WoW when Cataclysm came. I started on vanilla/TBC private servers and spent a few years there. Now I am done with WoW, and I will never return, especially not to retail WoW - snowing kung fu panda child game with rewards on a silver plate.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kipshasz
kipshasz


Undefeatable Hero
Elvin's Darkside
posted July 01, 2014 10:42 AM

kung fu panda... lol.

obviosuly someone never played Frozen Throne. there are three ways of playing a pandaren brewmaster hero:

1. in gay elf campaign if you complete a secret tower defence map, in the next mission you'll have a randomly named pandaren under your control.
2. Orc campaign, there is a side quest to gater some random crap for a panda brew. after it's completion, the panda, Chen Stormstout will join your party.
3. tavern buildings in skirmish maps which also offered a wide array of other colorful heroes.

but back to topic:

any instance sucks ass if there's an elitist prick present. the more there are, the more annoying it gets. remembering DS LFR runs it seemed that half the raid is composed of such imbeciles. jesus.
also, all those pug runs annoyed me as well, when you basically had to have all the HC achievements for it. basically reserved only for "hardcore" raiders and such, completely barring the way for casuals who want to expirience end game content. which if they had brain, watched all those "srategy" vids on youtube and know how to snowing do it.

other alternative is to wait a few expansions and then solo old content.
____________
"Kip is the Gavin McInnes of HC" - Salamandre
"Ashan to the Trashcan", "I got PTSD from H7. " - LizardWarrior

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Ebonheart
Ebonheart


Famous Hero
Rush the rush
posted July 01, 2014 10:53 AM

kipshasz said:
kung fu panda... lol.

obviosuly someone never played Frozen Throne. there are three ways of playing a pandaren brewmaster hero:

1. in gay elf campaign if you complete a secret tower defence map, in the next mission you'll have a randomly named pandaren under your control.
2. Orc campaign, there is a side quest to gater some random crap for a panda brew. after it's completion, the panda, Chen Stormstout will join your party.
3. tavern buildings in skirmish maps which also offered a wide array of other colorful heroes.

but back to topic:

any instance sucks ass if there's an elitist prick present. the more there are, the more annoying it gets. remembering DS LFR runs it seemed that half the raid is composed of such imbeciles. jesus.
also, all those pug runs annoyed me as well, when you basically had to have all the HC achievements for it. basically reserved only for "hardcore" raiders and such, completely barring the way for casuals who want to expirience end game content. which if they had brain, watched all those "srategy" vids on youtube and know how to snowing do it.

other alternative is to wait a few expansions and then solo old content.


You think I have not played the Warcraft series? How sad. Matter of fact is that I have and I am well aware that pandaren was in it, however did they get a big role? no. Let's not even start to discuss what Blizzard did to the awsome talent trees in MoP (even though they started the ill deed in Cataclysm). But it sounds to me you joined the game later, I would place my bet on late TBC/Wotlk.

When it comes to the dungeons I rather have an elite prick with me than a monkey who does not know how to play his class. *Cough* Hunters in melee, rogues not using stealth, warriors with no shield - list goes on and on...*cough*. I assure you, sitting inside Blackrock Depths during vanilla to do your Onyxia pre quest could take more than 10h with a pug and that's assuming it did not disband.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kipshasz
kipshasz


Undefeatable Hero
Elvin's Darkside
posted July 01, 2014 11:49 AM

Now I'm not a bleeping mind reader, am I? most who whine about the setting had never seen any warcraft RTS games in their lives.
the real screw up of MoP is the "talent" trees and the daily grinds. these two are getting rewamped every other expansion.

joined retail in WotLK, played a bit in Cata, and spent a day in MoP.
been playing since vanilla on a lot of servers.


also you forgot to mention frost death knoobs who use blood presence, pala tanks with no rigteous fury on, and hunters who fail to switch to their dps pet.

and elitist morons usually screw up more than newbs, because they bark a lot, instead of doing their role in the party.
____________
"Kip is the Gavin McInnes of HC" - Salamandre
"Ashan to the Trashcan", "I got PTSD from H7. " - LizardWarrior

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Ebonheart
Ebonheart


Famous Hero
Rush the rush
posted July 01, 2014 12:58 PM

kipshasz said:
Now I'm not a bleeping mind reader, am I? most who whine about the setting had never seen any warcraft RTS games in their lives.
the real screw up of MoP is the "talent" trees and the daily grinds. these two are getting rewamped every other expansion.

joined retail in WotLK, played a bit in Cata, and spent a day in MoP.
been playing since vanilla on a lot of servers.


also you forgot to mention frost death knoobs who use blood presence, pala tanks with no rigteous fury on, and hunters who fail to switch to their dps pet.

and elitist morons usually screw up more than newbs, because they bark a lot, instead of doing their role in the party.


Pardon my spite in my previous post, had not had any breakfast. I honestly do not know all reasons for MoPs failure but the only two I do know are the talent trees and the pandas.

But I started in early vanilla so my experience is probably different due to how things were back then. I left in Cataclysm when it became clear that Blizzard would continue the Wotlk-epics-on-silverplate style when they nerfed the dungeons and raids.

I spent a few years on Feenix on my Paladin Ebonheart and my Warlock Wrathcaster but left when the PvP died and KT was never released.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kayna
kayna


Supreme Hero
posted July 01, 2014 04:08 PM
Edited by kayna at 16:09, 01 Jul 2014.

Man, WoW was so awesome back in the burning crusade days... when you had a tech tree and could defeat a better geared buy with a better tech tree... but now... Gear only. GG Blizzard. You dumb down your own games. You suck.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vasilisa995
Vasilisa995


Hired Hero
posted July 02, 2014 01:07 AM

Please, people. This thread is actually not the discussion about WoW now, but to express which instances in WoW are your less favourite.
____________
Always consider the consequences
of your actions.-Yulon

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ebonheart
Ebonheart


Famous Hero
Rush the rush
posted July 02, 2014 10:25 AM

Vasilisa995 said:
Please, people. This thread is actually not the discussion about WoW now, but to express which instances in WoW are your less favourite.


You wish us to discuss the "bad" parts about dungeons directly or indirectly so to have comments about WoW in general is likely to arise.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vasilisa995
Vasilisa995


Hired Hero
posted July 05, 2014 10:52 AM
Edited by Vasilisa995 at 23:35, 25 Dec 2014.

I hate one dungeon from Warlords of Draenor. No it's not remapped Upper Blackrock Spire, I enjoyed it, despite wipes because of my group.

Everbloom-Last boss has these mobs that can cause wipe instantly if not stomped out. Lousy excuse for boss in best WoW expansion.
____________
Always consider the consequences
of your actions.-Yulon

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0453 seconds