Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: Longest Journey TE
Thread: Longest Journey TE This thread is 3 pages long: 1 2 3 · NEXT»
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 30, 2015 05:56 PM

Longest Journey TE

I can't beat the Sea Lord. He is to powerful. He has 100+ AA, Shackles of War and I have 100+ Titans. I reached them in Month 5. It's to late ?
This is the saved game:
http://wikisend.com/download/608640/SealLord.GM1
Maybe I need a different strategy ? I know there are players who finished this map, and I pleased them for a little help. Thx.

____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 30, 2015 08:37 PM

Done!

Lost 2 titans and rest guys. If you had an Inteligence Skill I would ressurect all your Guys.

http://wikisend.com/download/547730/SealLord.GM1

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 11:29 AM

zmudziak22 said:
Done!

Lost 2 titans and rest guys. If you had an Inteligence Skill I would ressurect all your Guys.

http://wikisend.com/download/547730/SealLord.GM1
THx! Now I know it's possible, I'll try to do it myself. Thanks for saved file.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2015 12:49 PM

When I fight this guy, all you need is destroy catapult and drain his mana. Clone very help me and berserk to kill his flying units.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 12:53 PM
Edited by Lucian at 12:57, 31 Jul 2015.

zmudziak22 said:
When I fight this guy, all you need is destroy catapult and drain his mana. Clone very help me and berserk to kill his flying units.
All righty then. I dreamed Berserk last night. I'm waiting for him in the Castle. Maybe it was impossible to winn if he had had time to reach Seer's Hut and received 60 Azures.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2015 12:58 PM

You have Tactics Skill, it is best to protect Titans as long as possible. Archmagi can in 1 shot destroy catapult.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 01:21 PM
Edited by Lucian at 13:24, 31 Jul 2015.

zmudziak22 said:
You have Tactics Skill, it is best to protect Titans as long as possible. Archmagi can in 1 shot destroy catapult.
OK. Itried this strategy with my previous enemy, but he had "earthquake" and he was Expert Resistance (solmyr type), I hope this one doesn't.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2015 01:34 PM

For me, he ressurect either Azure Dragons or Angels.

I found something. I buy a Solmyr defeated AI hero and give him all stuff from Xenium, Sea Lord instead of attacting me, he escape with TP.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 01:46 PM

zmudziak22 said:
For me, he ressurect either Azure Dragons or Angels.

I found something. I buy a Solmyr defeated AI hero and give him all stuff from Xenium, Sea Lord instead of attacting me, he escape with TP.
LOL! I never thought about recruiting defeated heroes. I was reading about it times ago. Especially when Necromants were useful.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 02:29 PM
Edited by Lucian at 14:32, 31 Jul 2015.

Sea Lord attacks me in the Sea Fort. I won at the first attempt with 24 nagas lost (0 mana spell unfortunately)
Thanks zmudziak22 for the tips. Stay tune!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 31, 2015 02:37 PM
Edited by Salamandre at 14:40, 31 Jul 2015.

Meh I recall this map, great design but chaotic quests system. You start with tower so develop archery and tactics then much later you are given rust and crystal dragons in exchange for your shooters. A lot of random events spoiling you of all resources hardly acquired, then cheap humor timed events like: "the archimage claimed he found the philosophical stone, his research will cost you 152 mercury. Unfortunately his research failed" so your 152 mercury get lost.

From 6-7 towers you get, one is not upgrading genies, another is not upgrading mages, one does' have titans, another doesn't have nagas, so this takes a lot of annoying micro management, really too much and not fun (at least for my play style).

There is only one group of 4 lev random monsters left to "may join", it happened in my game that they were archimages and 900 of them so they joined month 2.

After that it was a walk in the park.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2015 04:05 PM

On your save you can recruit 2 Angels in his castle. Along with Ring of the Wayfarer you can start battle as first.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 05:49 PM
Edited by Lucian at 17:50, 31 Jul 2015.

zmudziak22 said:
On your save you can recruit 2 Angels in his castle. Along with Ring of the Wayfarer you can start battle as first.
It was easier in the Fort because my Nagas and his Dragons protect the titans (I always resurrected nagas and the azures atack them), so after I destroy balista I shot him to death. (with a little help from Implosion of course)
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 05:58 PM

Salamandre said:
Meh I recall this map, great design but chaotic quests system. You start with tower so develop archery and tactics then much later you are given rust and crystal dragons in exchange for your shooters. A lot of random events spoiling you of all resources hardly acquired, then cheap humor timed events like: "the archimage claimed he found the philosophical stone, his research will cost you 152 mercury. Unfortunately his research failed" so your 152 mercury get lost.

From 6-7 towers you get, one is not upgrading genies, another is not upgrading mages, one does' have titans, another doesn't have nagas, so this takes a lot of annoying micro management, really too much and not fun (at least for my play style).

There is only one group of 4 lev random monsters left to "may join", it happened in my game that they were archimages and 900 of them so they joined month 2.

After that it was a walk in the park.
In my game just the boars joined me (2500) and it helped me to protect titans.
I think it's a medium dificulty map, it's a long journey indeed so I like it. It's playable even for modest player (like me ). Unfortunately I think in my version is a bug - an unhappy sign at 133,120,1.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 31, 2015 06:09 PM

I am amazed people still play sod/vanilla maps in sod, with all the potential game break bugs-I see so many dumb ratings in maps4heroes because of monsters random placement-.

Get era II, use SoD mod then no week of monsters, no plague, and any objects can be removed if need. Then the game play is 100% same.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zmudziak22
zmudziak22


Famous Hero
posted July 31, 2015 06:47 PM

Or set No Plaque/Monster Weeks in HotA Map Editor and play it on HotA.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 31, 2015 06:55 PM

I won't recommend, as Hota changes the way artifacts settings are done in SoD editor. So you take the risk of not be able to finish the map.
____________
All my Era II mods

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 07:20 PM

I think the bug in this map is from author.
I found this:
http://prntscr.com/7zasqf
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lucian
Lucian


Hired Hero
posted July 31, 2015 07:40 PM

Salamandre said:
I won't recommend, as Hota changes the way artifacts settings are done in SoD editor. So you take the risk of not be able to finish the map.
I can't download Sod.exe for playing my next maps
From http://prntscr.com/7zb06q
puts me on this screen and nothing happens:
http://prntscr.com/7zb0ws
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 31, 2015 07:44 PM
Edited by Salamandre at 19:50, 31 Jul 2015.

here:

http://wakeofgods.org/mods/

All mods. And if you use SoD platform, those are all interface mods compatible with it, while changing nothing to game play, (ignore the "cheats" mods if you prefer SoD style, they give infos about how neutrals will split and what is in chests (empty/gold/artifact))


____________
All my Era II mods

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 3 pages long: 1 2 3 · NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0393 seconds