Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [VCMI]Bastion
Thread: [VCMI]Bastion This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:06 PM

Quote:
I don't have slave mentality.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Erwin Data Modeler
posted October 13, 2015 04:06 PM

are those original Bastion guys even still around anywhere?

obviously a credit is necessary and it's best to ask permission too, but if they have been inactive for like five or ten years I can't blame the guy for just going ahead with it lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:08 PM

They still can be found at WoG Forum where Macron1 dwells also.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Erwin Data Modeler
posted October 13, 2015 04:10 PM

OK, that's a different case then, I would totally ask them and defer to what they say if they have any wishes or plans for the mod lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:12 PM
Edited by orzie at 16:13, 13 Oct 2015.

Lol man, it's slave mentality. We must take everything which is posted in the internet and claim as ours. Well, we maybe can write the names of the creators with a small font somewhere in the end of the credits section of the game where no one looks anyway. Strongest must devour weakest, Russian pirate mentality forth.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:17 PM

verriker said:
OK, that's a different case then, I would totally ask them and defer to what they say if they have any wishes or plans for the mod lol


http://wforum.heroes35.net/showthread.php?tid=550&page=34
You can ask here

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:19 PM

orzie said:
Lol man, it's slave mentality. We must take everything which is posted in the internet and claim as ours. Well, we maybe can write the names of the creators with a small font somewhere in the end of the credits section of the game where no one looks anyway. Strongest must devour weakest, Russian pirate mentality forth.


That's Succession Wars Mod way. Or you finally got permission from Ubisoft to use and disrtribute 95% graphics belong to them in your mod? Or it's still a small text string thanking 3DO for sprites used?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:21 PM

We don't claim anything NWC-ish as ours, dummy. Those assets still belong to the respective game.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:25 PM
Edited by Macron1 at 16:27, 13 Oct 2015.

orzie said:
We don't claim anything NWC-ish as ours, dummy. Those assets still belong to the respective game.


Bastion creators also do not claim townscreen as theirs.
But there is a big difference: polish Bastion uses graphics posted by NTG Bastion creators (without finished work, registered in goverment structures of Russia) with their hand work on it (so it's a derivative work).
SW Mod uses graphics from commercially available product (registered and having owners). And without permissions. It's a violation of administrative laws.
HMM2 still is sold, like on GOG.com. So goes for HMM3, which parts are also distributed with SW.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Erwin Data Modeler
posted October 13, 2015 04:31 PM

Macron1 said:
That's Succession Wars Mod way. Or you finally got permission from Ubisoft to use and disrtribute 95% graphics belong to them in your mod? Or it's still a small text string thanking 3DO for sprites used?


come on that's a silly false analogy, free mods created in the name of tribute to a commercial game obviously don't have a moral obligation to seek explicit permission from the original developers because tribute to them is quite implicit simply by virtue of the fact it's a mod of their game lol

with free mods which cannibalize from other free mods or anyone else's material, though, it's morally not very nice to move forward without dotting your i's and crossing your t's, because plagiarism then comes into the equation (I don't know if Bastion does or not, just in general) lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:31 PM
Edited by orzie at 16:43, 13 Oct 2015.

Quote:
Bastion creators also do not claim townscreen as theirs.

But it is theirs, dummy. It's not polite for you to forget about that. You never created any graphics by yourself, nor you participated in any project.

Quote:
But there is a big difference: polish Bastion uses graphics posted by NTG Bastion creators with their hand work on it.

As you may know, fair use doesn't allow further adjustments over the original asset unless otherwise agreed.

Quote:
SW Mod uses graphics from commercially available product (registered and having owners). And without permissions. It's a violation of administrative laws.
HMM2 still is sold, like on GOG.com.

Even if we won't get official permission prior to the release (or some guarantees that our work won't be banned from the Internet - and I am sure it won't anyway because we advertise both Heroes 3 and Heroes 2), we can simply oblige users to buy both Heroes Complete and Heroes 2 Gold to launch the game. Deal with it.
And yeah, we will tell them whom to say thanks for the enforced double purchase just in case.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:45 PM
Edited by Macron1 at 16:50, 13 Oct 2015.

orzie said:

But it is theirs, dummy. It's not polite for you to forget about that. You never created any graphics by yourself, nor you participated in any project.


Lol, that is no true.
False theory is destroyed by one prove, if you know science way.
http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=763&start=15#top

Quote:
As you may know, fair use doesn't allow further adjustments over the original asset unless otherwise agreed.
[/qoute]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Quote:
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.


Quote:
It's copyrighted, so it can't be fair use. On the contrary, fair use applies only to copyrighted works, defining some types of uses of those works as non-infringing; in effect, it limits copyright's scope and describes conditions under which copyrighted material may be used without permission. If a work is not copyrighted, fair use does not come into play, since public-domain works can be used for any purpose without violating copyright law.


Bastion graphics is not copyrighted, so fair use is not coming into play at all in Bastion case.


Orzie said:

Even if we won't get official permission prior to the release (or some guarantees that our work won't be banned from the Internet), we can simply oblige users to buy both Heroes Complete and Heroes 2 Gold to launch the game. Deal with it.
And yeah, we will tell them whom to say thanks for the enforced double purchase just in case.

You can, but don't do. SWMod comes with files of HMM2/3 incorporated in it and works stand-alone, without need of installing Hmm2/3 GOG or etc. licensed editions.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:49 PM

Quote:
Lol, that is no true.
False theory is destroyed by one prove, if you know science way.
http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=763&start=15#top

Whoa whoa, that totally changes the whole thing. A few pixels on classic H3 roads you say?

Quote:
You can, but don't do. SWMod comes with files of HMM2/3 incorporated in it and works stand-alone, without need of installing Hmm2/3 GOG or etc. licensed editions.

It never worked as standalone, so stop this demagogy. Even the previous 2013 beta release was an Era portable mod and required buying Heroes 3.
The upcoming v0.8 beta will also require GoG-version of Heroes Complete.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalis
Antalis

Tavern Dweller
posted October 13, 2015 04:50 PM

Macron1 said:

Anyone can call himself "Macron1".
http://macron-1.diary.ru/
I cannot forbid using name.


I did not ask what you can. I asked about lies.
Do you like when you cheat? Do you like when you used to deceive?

Macron1 said:

I don't have slave mentality.


Do you want to talk about it?

Macron1 said:

Corwin, author of Bastion townscreen.

I did not find a link confirming your words.
Author Supkrovi, not Corwin. Corwin is the one who maid some units.

You defend the right to lie and give false information. This is suspicious.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:54 PM
Edited by Macron1 at 16:57, 13 Oct 2015.

Antalis said:

I did not find a link confirming your words.
Author Supkrovi, not Corwin. Corwin is the one who maid some units.

You defend the right to lie and give false information. This is suspicious.


First rule of troll - call opponent a liar, and let he tries to defend his name.

http://wforum.heroes35.net/showthread.php?tid=550&pid=82213#pid82213

"По этому выкладывать или передавать наработки людям пока не хочу."
translation
"So don't want to pubilsh or share assets to others."

PS OK, seems that the best way for polish modders to rename Bastion to something other, so zealots of copyrights of non-copyrighted works will be pleased.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 04:56 PM

When you are a coordinator of an existing team and the author of the assets doesn't interfere, you can speak for these assets.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 04:59 PM

orzie said:
When you are a coordinator of an existing team and the author of the assets doesn't interfere, you can speak for these assets.


Good, you finally understand it.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted October 13, 2015 05:00 PM

Guys, you know how this will finish: someone will advertise Corribus (there is always someone doing that, and I would want to know who is too), then he will come, not even read the argues, then delete all in a click. So, why?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orzie
orzie


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Reinventing the Steel
posted October 13, 2015 05:04 PM
Edited by orzie at 17:05, 13 Oct 2015.

Macron1 said:
orzie said:
When you are a coordinator of an existing team and the author of the assets doesn't interfere, you can speak for these assets.


Good, you finally understand it.


When the team is defunct, there is no coordinator.

Salamandre said:
Guys, you know how this will finish: someone will advertise Corribus (there is always someone doing that, and I would want to know who is too), then he will come, not even read the argues, then delete all in a click. So, why?


These argues are not worth reading, Macron is stubborn anyway and he would anyway steal from his mother if it wasn't prohibited by Constitution. So let it go.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted October 13, 2015 05:05 PM

orzie said:
Macron1 said:
orzie said:
When you are a coordinator of an existing team and the author of the assets doesn't interfere, you can speak for these assets.


Good, you finally understand it.


When the team is defunct, there is no coordinator.


Corwin knows, that he is not a coordinator?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0670 seconds