Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Tavern of the Rising Sun > Thread: Euro 2016 France [Soccer]
Thread: Euro 2016 France [Soccer] This thread is 14 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 · «PREV / NEXT»
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted June 12, 2016 11:23 PM
Edited by Maurice at 23:24, 12 Jun 2016.

Overall, the number of goals is extremely low. So far, in 7 matches, we have only seen 13 goals so far. That's an average of 1.86 goals per match, where it was 2.45 in the previous tournament.

They need to step up their efforts!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted June 12, 2016 11:39 PM

Germany has been the first team to win with an advantage higher than 1...

Credit to Ukraine though, they played an intelligent match and had they banged in one of the several chances they had, we'd had looked at a very different 2nd half.

Tomorrow Spain plays, let's see where Del Bosque team stands...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
foxxxer
foxxxer


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 12, 2016 11:45 PM

I noticed the low goal count too. Beside Wales-Slovakia and Croatia-Turkey, the games were not so interesting, I literaly fell asleep during Poland - N. Ireland today.

Lets hope there will be some change next days

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fuChris
fuChris


Promising
Supreme Hero
Master to the Speed of Light
posted June 13, 2016 02:27 PM

This was a slow burner start from Germany if I have ever seen one. But so was Spains' when they last won the WC/Euro.

Sex scandal boy De Gea is in the starting lineup made me realize that Casillas is still in the team. Didn't he play a bit sh*t in the past 2-3 years to be still included? Doesn't Spain have better alternatives?
____________
"Now I am become Chris, the destroyer of worlds." - Robert Oppenheimer.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted June 13, 2016 02:49 PM
Edited by Storm-Giant at 14:49, 13 Jun 2016.

Storm-Giant said:
Del Bosque is known for his stubbornness with fielding older players.

It also applies to calling them despite not being in good form. He has improved from the 2012-14 days though.

Actually, I'm not entirely against having Casillas on the National Team. Sometimes is good to have veteran players who have the experience and can help make the overall atmosphere of the team better. You can count on this kind of players to show up should the need arise.

Goes without saying that Casillas should be on the bench under normal circumstances, De Gea is way better than him.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fuChris
fuChris


Promising
Supreme Hero
Master to the Speed of Light
posted June 13, 2016 11:01 PM

Italy playing an entertaining match? I thought I'd never see the day.
It's either a testament to how tactically naive Belgium are or how bad this Italian side really is. No self respecting Italian team would be happy unless they spent 80% of the game defending with 9 men in the 16 yard box.

Jokes aside Italy look solid and they usually get better as the tournament goes on.
____________
"Now I am become Chris, the destroyer of worlds." - Robert Oppenheimer.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
foxxxer
foxxxer


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 13, 2016 11:08 PM
Edited by foxxxer at 23:21, 13 Jun 2016.

Italy is Italy Managed to survive the red hell second half and the top of this scored second goal. The more experienced team won this game. I won’t be surprised if Belgium goes home after the group stage. They started to bicker each other after the first half ended.

Spain has nothing changed since 2014. This slow Ticki-Tacka is not gonna bring them anything good, just got lucky today. It’s true that the Czech defended very deep but still Spain didn’t show something creative, very predictable.

Sweden and Ireland show pleasant game. It’s clear that quality of both teams is not very high but still played good game.

EDIT
fuChris said:
Jokes aside Italy look solid and they usually get better as the tournament goes on.

Exactly.

Italy is No.1 in my hatred list because the defensive playing style and disrupting the game to waste time.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted June 13, 2016 11:16 PM
Edited by Storm-Giant at 23:17, 13 Jun 2016.

Ye Italy looked solid, great defending. But the true story is Belgium team...or the lack of it, to be more precise. They have a squad filled with quality players, but absolutely no team chemistry and that shows in their play. So much selfishness. What a waste of talent

Spain looked decent vs Czech Republic. Yes, it's a "small" team, but Spain was in control the whole match. The most worrisome issue is the lack of creative on the last 10 meters, but not everybody is going to park the bus, are they?

Spain also looked better with Aduriz, Morata seems more suitable against opponets who fight the ball more.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
VokialBG
VokialBG


Honorable
Legendary Hero
First in line
posted June 14, 2016 02:18 PM


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
William
William


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
LummoxLewis
posted June 14, 2016 02:47 PM

Storm-Giant said:


Spain looked decent vs Czech Republic.


Spain looked terrible. There is no chance in hell they'll get anywhere near the final withthe performance they dished up. With the players they have they should be cruising against a side like Cech Republic. No use having hundreds and hundreds of passes and dominating possession if they barely do anything with it. Cech Republic, if anything, played well and unlucky they lost because Cech as the goalie played a good game and they created some good chances of their own when they went on the counter.

Republic of Ireland were unlucky to have drew against Sweden. Ibra was completely shut out of the game and was an unfortunate own goal. Rubbish attempt at a clearance as that was always going to be a goal with the type of header he did but they should have won it easily. Sweden didn't have a single shot on target. A one man team if ever I've seen one.

Looking forward to the Wales vs England match. Should be an absolute ripper and am banking on Wales to win.
____________
~Ticking away the moments that
make up a dull day, Fritter and
waste the hours in an off-hand
way~

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted June 14, 2016 03:04 PM
Edited by Storm-Giant at 15:05, 14 Jun 2016.

I must have watched a different game, because Czech only chances came from a couple of freekicks and cornerkicks; and they weren't that threatening (Hell, I'd go as far as to say Spain looked more dangerous in corners than them). Spain had total control of the ball and created plenty of chances, if it wasn't for spanish players failure to finish their chances we would be talking about the first goal fest of the tournament.
Czech didn't play such a good game, they parked the bus and prayed for one of their little chances to go in. Which obviously didn't, with Piqué and De Gea in such a good form.

Mind you I never said Spain played great, just decent. Against a side such as Czech Republic they don't really need much more. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely yes, Spain should do better. But for what the match demanded, it was good enough.

Last but not least, don't underestimate the czechs. They are, after all, one of the main reasons  Netherlands didn't make it into this tournament, topping their group above Turkey and Netherlands themselves. Surely they deserve some merit for it
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
William
William


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
LummoxLewis
posted June 14, 2016 03:09 PM

Storm-Giant said:
I must have watched a different game, because Czech only chances came from a couple of freekicks and cornerkicks; and they weren't that threatening (Hell, I'd go as far as to say Spain looked more dangerous in corners than them). Spain had total control of the ball and created plenty of chances, if it wasn't for spanish players failure to finish their chances we would be talking about the first goal fest of the tournament.
Czech didn't play such a good game, they parked the bus and prayed for one of their little chances to go in. Which obviously didn't, with Piqué and De Gea in such a good form.

Mind you I never said Spain played great, just decent. Against a side such as Czech Republic they don't really need much more. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely yes, Spain should do better. But for what the match demanded, it was good enough.




Some of their chances were quite good to be fair. Cech played defensively very well and Spain probably should have had about 3 to 4 goals if not for Cech in goal or their last ditch slide tackles that they made. Morata didn't have a good game at all. He had some decent chances but should be doing a hell of a lot better. Nolito was okay but caught offside a bit too much in real obvious positions too which was a shame.

Reason I say that Spain didn't play well is that they are expected to beat teams like Cech Republic by a lot more. The class they have all over the pitch is unbelievable and wouldn't surprise me if they made it to the final but if they play like that then they won't. Yes Cech played a defensive park the bus game but if you're good enough you should be able to break that. We've all seen teams play park the bus and concede goals. If they had of scored early Cech wouldn't have parked the bus anymore and that's where Spain should have smashed them. It was evident they were holding out for a draw and probably did deserve it because I believe Petr Cech played an outstanding game.

And nobody underestimates Cech Republic. They aren't a bad side at all. I think the dark horse of the competition could be Wales or Croatia.
____________
~Ticking away the moments that
make up a dull day, Fritter and
waste the hours in an off-hand
way~

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
JollyJoker
JollyJoker


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
posted June 14, 2016 04:00 PM

Just a note: Since this is a EUROPEAN championship, it's called FOOTBALL, for frag's sake!!! What is this awful "soccer"?

So: moderator, please change the title of this thread: it's offensive!



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
William
William


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
LummoxLewis
posted June 14, 2016 04:05 PM

Well, it is the world game and used to be called association football short name Soccer. It's still a correct term but most call it football because, you know, it's played primarily with the feet unlike NFL or any other type of sport.
____________
~Ticking away the moments that
make up a dull day, Fritter and
waste the hours in an off-hand
way~

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted June 14, 2016 04:17 PM

William said:
Some of their chances were quite good to be fair. Cech played defensively very well and Spain probably should have had about 3 to 4 goals if not for Cech in goal or their last ditch slide tackles that they made. Morata didn't have a good game at all. He had some decent chances but should be doing a hell of a lot better. Nolito was okay but caught offside a bit too much in real obvious positions too which was a shame.

Reason I say that Spain didn't play well is that they are expected to beat teams like Cech Republic by a lot more. The class they have all over the pitch is unbelievable and wouldn't surprise me if they made it to the final but if they play like that then they won't. Yes Cech played a defensive park the bus game but if you're good enough you should be able to break that. We've all seen teams play park the bus and concede goals. If they had of scored early Cech wouldn't have parked the bus anymore and that's where Spain should have smashed them. It was evident they were holding out for a draw and probably did deserve it because I believe Petr Cech played an outstanding game.

And nobody underestimates Cech Republic. They aren't a bad side at all. I think the dark horse of the competition could be Wales or Croatia.

I don't actually disagree with you here, I just feel Spain doesn't really deserve such criticism. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one and move on ^^

Today's matches are Austria - Hungary and Portugal - Iceland. Portugal should comfortably beat Iceland, but if this first week has proven something it will be closer than it should be, especially with Quaresmo out for this game. Dunno about the other match
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
William
William


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
LummoxLewis
posted June 14, 2016 04:20 PM

Storm-Giant said:

I don't actually disagree with you here, I just feel Spain doesn't really deserve such criticism. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one and move on ^^

Today's matches are Austria - Hungary and Portugal - Iceland. Portugal should comfortably beat Iceland, but if this first week has proven something it will be closer than it should be, especially with Quaresmo out for this game. Dunno about the other match


I only think they deserve criticism because they had a lot of possession and, for the most part, didn't do enough. Yeah they won but they are a good enough side to be beating these types of teams 3 or 4 nil. It isn't as if they didn't have chances. That's all I'm saying.

I reckon Austria might win. Iceland aren't terrible but they won't have enough to match Portugal. Key man for Iceland is obviously Sigurdsson. Absolute gun. Portugal should win easily though I reckon.
____________
~Ticking away the moments that
make up a dull day, Fritter and
waste the hours in an off-hand
way~

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
JollyJoker
JollyJoker


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
posted June 14, 2016 04:56 PM

William said:
Well, it is the world game and used to be called association football short name Soccer. It's still a correct term but most call it football because, you know, it's played primarily with the feet unlike NFL or any other type of sport.
Well ... no.
It's FOOTBALL. There is also AMERICAN FOOTBALL. When you are in the US, FOOTBALL means THEIR kind of rugby-like football - which is the reason why in the English language and outside of the UK (don't know about Australia) we have this ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL or SOCCER (in the UK you will be slapped, when you cal Football Soccer).

Now, while we are using the English language, the US SOCCER team is currently playing in the Copa America, and if we'd have a thread about THAT one, "soccer" would be perfectly ok. It speaks volumnes though, we haven't - instead we have a thread about the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP of a game that's called FUSSBALL in German, FOOTBALL in the UK, Fútbol in Spanish and even in French Football, and which is associated in the UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations.

So - the USA are currently playing in the all-amrican soccer championship. European teams, on the other hand play in the European Football championship.

It makes no sense whatsoever, to call a game "football", in which the only actions you do with a foot apart running is bringing the ball into play, trying to score a bonus point after a touchdown and trying to score a "field goal" with a "ball" that isn't even a ball.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Neraus
Neraus


Promising
Legendary Hero
Pizza Nazi
posted June 14, 2016 06:13 PM

That's why calcio is much better.

You know, since they kick the ball.
____________
PLVTOCRATIC AND REACTIONARY DEMOCRACIES OF THE WEST
POTERE, LO SFORZO, LA PASTA

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
JollyJoker
JollyJoker


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
posted June 14, 2016 07:05 PM

I think, their calcio is more honest than that, since it means only kicking or kick, if I'm not wrong, and never mind the fragging ball, provided you can kick SOMEthing, like the shin of the opponent.

So while everyone else calls his game footBALL, Italy calls it footKICK - which explains a lot, actually.

"Kidding the ref" would also be a good name.

Sorry - couldn't resist taking the piss here. You know, they even considered introducing the football oscar, just because of the class Italian players have as actors.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
The_Polyglot
The_Polyglot


Promising
Supreme Hero
Legit Karate champ. Totally.
posted June 14, 2016 07:53 PM

FVCK YEAH WAITED 44 YEARS FOR THIS!!!!!!
____________
Screw interest, take initiative!
Anonymous

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 14 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0694 seconds