Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7+ Altar of Wishes > Thread: What to do with Dark Elves and Faceless
Thread: What to do with Dark Elves and Faceless This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
MattII
MattII


Legendary Hero
posted May 17, 2017 02:24 AM
Edited by MattII at 02:25, 17 May 2017.

Rakshasa92 said:
The problem I have with female minotaurs is that cow-people are just comical and funny, they remind me of Warcraft/World of Warcraft, and that is bad.

Minotaurs should breed with any other humanoid female by rape probably. Or just be created by insane wizards if rape is too much for a game. (I'm fine with rape btw, in a game world were violence and killing is normal, not in the real world OF COURSE, like DUH)

There are more options for cool minotaurs sub-classes as well, Mythology is being very free-giving with minotaurs. Really everything is better than Warcraft Minotaurs! Maybe you could have some of these minotaurs species as different dungeon units.
The question there is how do all these 'subspecies' (which aren't separate subspecies, just similar creatures from other cultures) originate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Tastes like chicken
posted May 17, 2017 06:35 AM

Cows unite movement?
____________
Being human is a roller coaster ride of emotions during rainstorms and sunshine, sprinkled with moments when you can almost reach the stars.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 17, 2017 01:40 PM
Edited by Rakshasa92 at 13:42, 17 May 2017.

MattII said:
Rakshasa92 said:
The problem I have with female minotaurs is that cow-people are just comical and funny, they remind me of Warcraft/World of Warcraft, and that is bad.

Minotaurs should breed with any other humanoid female by rape probably. Or just be created by insane wizards if rape is too much for a game. (I'm fine with rape btw, in a game world were violence and killing is normal, not in the real world OF COURSE, like DUH)

There are more options for cool minotaurs sub-classes as well, Mythology is being very free-giving with minotaurs. Really everything is better than Warcraft Minotaurs! Maybe you could have some of these minotaurs species as different dungeon units.
The question there is how do all these 'subspecies' (which aren't separate subspecies, just similar creatures from other cultures) originate?


I really don't care, as long as the reasons/ideas aren't taken from Warhammer and Warcraft I'm fine.

I have nothing against creative things, just don't take them from Warcraft and Warhammer like 100.000 projects, people and games do these days. Like they are SOOO creative lol.

Don't turn them into intelligent wussies and don't give them cow-people, then i'm fine really.

They don't have to be 100% the same as the myth of course, but less than 1% like in warcraft for sure.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sligneris
Sligneris


Supreme Hero
posted May 17, 2017 02:31 PM

I'm pretty sure minotaurs always had intelligent individuals, even back in the old universe.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zum-Graat
Zum-Graat

Tavern Dweller
posted May 17, 2017 02:36 PM

You don't have to draw female minotaurs as funny cow people with black spots. Make them a race where males and females are barely distinguishable visually and that has no gender differentiation (i.e. both males and females can be warriors, mages, etc.).

There was a female minotaur hero in HoMM 4 and she didn't look funny or ridiculous.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 17, 2017 02:40 PM
Edited by Rakshasa92 at 14:45, 17 May 2017.

Sligneris said:
I'm pretty sure minotaurs always had intelligent individuals, even back in the old universe.


Still they where evil, wild and awesome, not totem-praying shaman wussies. I always thought of them as strategic, but not very bright, more war like.

And I still don't like the female cow warrior with boobs. The boobs are just wrong on a minotaur.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zum-Graat
Zum-Graat

Tavern Dweller
posted May 17, 2017 02:46 PM
Edited by Zum-Graat at 14:47, 17 May 2017.

I really doubt you can become high-ranked warlock without having high intelligence. Magic is not that easy to learn, I imagine.

____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 17, 2017 02:47 PM
Edited by Rakshasa92 at 14:50, 17 May 2017.

Zum-Graat said:
I really doubt you can become high-ranked warlock without having high intelligence. Magic is not that easy to learn, I imagine.



Fear and power is sometimes more important to get a following than intelligence, though. Look at the American President for example. ;-)

And I know that storm-something minotaur has lots of fans, but I never was a huge fan of magic-casting minotaur heroes at all. Just calling some words to call down lightning isn't really special though :-p I would have liked it more if Minotaurs just became warlords, barbarians, berserkers and such battle-worty leaders. Leave the magic to Medusa or Evil Eyes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MattII
MattII


Legendary Hero
posted May 17, 2017 10:19 PM

Rakshasa92 said:
I really don't care, as long as the reasons/ideas aren't taken from Warhammer and Warcraft I'm fine.
That isn't helpful. See, we really need a back-story for these guys, and while minotaurs work in a 'the wizards made them' kind of way, unless you can explain that some wizard had a cow fetish I can't see more than one kind of minotaur-like creature coming out of it, and certain not four.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
GenyaArikado
GenyaArikado


Bad-mannered
Supreme Hero
posted May 17, 2017 10:31 PM

Mediczero said:
but it's really cheap and undeserving of the minotaurs (which is an awesome race)


THE minotaur is a rapechild between a magic bull and a magically horny queen. I wouldn't say that's super "deserving"

I agree with Rakshasa that Tauren are awful. Almost literal cucks and i'm not saying "cuck" with the offensive meaning.

Personally i think H8 should be a soft reboot. It would still be in Ashan but towns lineups and all that stuff would change drastically.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sligneris
Sligneris


Supreme Hero
posted May 17, 2017 10:54 PM
Edited by Sligneris at 23:09, 17 May 2017.

If H8's main story isn't set after Dark Messiah, I'm going to break something. I wouldn't mind some side scenarios or campaigns taking place somewhere in the past. But we didn't have anything that's not set in the past since 2007. Some of it may have been entertaining but we've been stuck there for far too long.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
PandaTar
PandaTar


Promising
Supreme Hero
Celestial Heavens Mascot
posted May 17, 2017 11:24 PM

Eh, people, rakshasa usually has his opinion set on these matters. There's no point arguing about what you think he could be wrong about, because it'll not change the point he's trying to impress upon. ^_^ He doesn't like Warhammer and Warcraft stuff, won't approve of some portrait of female minotaur if they fall in that group, specially picturesque ones, nor approves too intelligent or magic-oriented minotaur, regardless what's been done in Heroes history.

Why not try to get back to tracks, dark elves and that thing without a face, before the thread has to be renamed? ^_^'
____________

Heroes-based proposal thread On hold, while I'm writing my book. =)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 17, 2017 11:46 PM

MattII said:
Rakshasa92 said:
I really don't care, as long as the reasons/ideas aren't taken from Warhammer and Warcraft I'm fine.
That isn't helpful. See, we really need a back-story for these guys, and while minotaurs work in a 'the wizards made them' kind of way, unless you can explain that some wizard had a cow fetish I can't see more than one kind of minotaur-like creature coming out of it, and certain not four.


Not everything needs a very huge backstory though, some things may go unexplained to create a little bit of room for people to make their own theory and story.

In that way Heroes won't work at all, why would Thunderbirds (sometimes even 100 at a time) sit together on a little spot on the battlefield waiting to attack another enemy creature? Why would such a royal creature fight for orcs?

I don't mind not everything's explained. And I don't mind not every creature has females and males, but more a magical creation.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Walterwin Mitty
posted May 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Sligneris said:
If H8's main story isn't set after Dark Messiah, I'm going to break something. I wouldn't mind some side scenarios or campaigns taking place somewhere in the past. But we didn't have anything that's not set in the past since 2007. Some of it may have been entertaining but we've been stuck there for far too long.


do not worry H8 will be far in the dystopian future (2030 or later) and will not be made by Ubisoft so it will definitely be post-Dark Messiah (rather post-Ashan lol) lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MattII
MattII


Legendary Hero
posted May 18, 2017 03:37 AM
Edited by MattII at 03:37, 18 May 2017.

Rakshasa92 said:
Not everything needs a very huge backstory though, some things may go unexplained to create a little bit of room for people to make their own theory and story.
We don't need an explanantion for pikemen and the like, because we can easily guess at how they came about, but a whole species (like minotaurs), yeah, that does sort of need a good explanation.
Quote:
In that way Heroes won't work at all, why would Thunderbirds (sometimes even 100 at a time) sit together on a little spot on the battlefield waiting to attack another enemy creature? Why would such a royal creature fight for orcs?
Oh hey, how does a horse get to be hundreds of feet tall?
Quote:
I don't mind not everything's explained. And I don't mind not every creature has females and males, but more a magical creation.
And most people don't mind if bits and pieces here and there get nicked from other games or other forms of media rather than pulling from actual mythology.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 18, 2017 10:09 AM

Some? Some things getting ripped?

Ashan ripped everything from warcraft and warhammer.

I find that cheap and uninspiring.

And we definiatly have different opinions about this, and i'm happy about that, I don't need to know how all those minotaur work together when I play this game. This is FAR from reality anyway.

I just hate seeing warcraft snow in my non-warcraft games.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LizardWarrior
LizardWarrior


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Age of erwins is over
posted May 18, 2017 12:40 PM
Edited by LizardWarrior at 12:40, 18 May 2017.

You guys suffer from Erwin Ashan syndrome, feeling like everything must be explained. It's just a game, who cares how minotaurs breed? I just want them to smash sh1t on the battlefield.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Walterwin Mitty
posted May 18, 2017 01:31 PM

MattII said:
We don't need an explanantion for pikemen and the like, because we can easily guess at how they came about, but a whole species (like minotaurs), yeah, that does sort of need a good explanation.


oh does it, well what is the good explanation for the Giraffe's long Neck or how the Leopard got his Spots, lol your explanation is that it evolved from a bull over time there you go what more do you want lol

that is the problem with Erwin's retarded explanations like the Griffin is a Lion and an Eagle who fell into a vent of Dragon Piss or whatnot, as if his magical fantasy world with magic and created by dragons and **** is merely a mundane replica of Earth where Lions and Eagles happened to evolve naturally but Griffins did not, come on do not be so dumb it does not need to be explained and justified as a weird fusion creature it can have just evolved in your world lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakshasa92
Rakshasa92


Famous Hero
posted May 18, 2017 02:10 PM

And yes, I do not mind if they take ideas or creatures from D&D or LOTR, those are at least awesome creatures and ideas, and they didn't really suck things up like Blizzard did, they turned each myth/folklore/cryptid creature they used into a wussy, pussy or ugly/boring thing.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
GenyaArikado
GenyaArikado


Bad-mannered
Supreme Hero
posted May 18, 2017 04:03 PM

Normally in fantasy worlds, the reason hybrids evolve naturally too is magic. Ashan just named that "magic" as "dragon blood"

Anyway, continuing on my idea, Sylvan and Dark Elves should come together in a Fae-like faction. The post-DM dungeon should be the Void faction. Sareth should free the demons so there are demon-controlled territories on Ashan itself so we don't need MORE eclipse plots.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll Post New Topic Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1661 seconds