posted July 11, 2017 01:25 PM
|Edited by MattII at 10:40, 12 Jul 2017.
Okay, it's been more than three years since I last posted a game proposal, and while I won't say it's 'high time' I did a new one (because I don't actually have any obligation to post them), my recent participation in LizardWarrior's faction contest has piqued my interest in this sort of thing, so I'm going to give it another go.
Previous proposals: First, Second
* Instead of the usual way of arranging creatures, you now arranged them on a grid 12 spaces wide and 2 deep as such:
| | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | |
Not only does this allow you greater precision in setting up your armies, but also allows you to accommodate more than 7 creature types.
* There is no grail, but instead each map has one of a selection of 'Ultimate Artefacts' in the vein of Heroes 1 and 2.
* As well as neutral towns, some maps have a few 'Hamlets' dotted around. these structures are effectively proto-towns, which can be turned into towns of your faction by building a Village Hall in them.
* Heroes newly hired from the Tavern do not belong to any faction, allowing you to make them a part of your faction, even if they are of races not in your town.
* Not all heroes are hired at the tavern, you can also recruit heroes from among your own creatures.
* There are now multiple possible damage types that can be inflicted by creatures, not just physical, but also fire, ice, lightning magic and others.
There are seven resources split into three tiers:
Universal - Gold (used for everything)
Common - Wood, Stone (used for all buildings and have other functions besides)
Rare - Mercury, Crystal, Amber, Ore (used for some buildings and some units)
Village Hall - Town is level 1, income is 500 gold/day.
>Town Hall - Town is level 2, income is 1,000 gold/day.
->City Hall - Town is level 3, income is 2,000 gold/day.
-->Palace - Town is level 4, income is 4,000 gold/day.
-->Capitol (one per faction) - Town is level 4, income is 5,000 gold/day.
Stockade - Provides defensive wall for a town.
>Rampart - Strengthens the defensive walls and towers
->Curtain - Further strengths the defensive walls and towers
Moat (requires Stockade) - Provides the town defences with a moat.
Gatehouse (requires Stockade) - Places towers on the gate.
Towers (requires Stockade) - Places towers on the wall.
Common - Allows the recruitment of creatures. Prior to combat it provides a stack of 'militia' for the towns defence, as well as allowing you to recruit any unrecruited creatures for the battle for a fraction of the normal price.
Tavern - Allows you to hire heroes.
Marketplace - Allows you to trade resources. In addition, boosts the town's income (from the halls) by 15%.
>Artefact Merchant - Allows the hero to purchase and sell artefacts.
School - Allows the town to train Captains (low-grade heroes with fewer-than-normal artefact and skill slots).
>Academy - Allows the town to train faction-specific heroes.
Library - Allows you to store up to 15 spells
Mage Guild level 1 (requires Library) - Generates 20 spell points per day.
>Mage Guild level 2 - Generates 40 spell points per day.
->Mage Guild level 3 - Generates 60 spell points per day.
-->Mage Guild level 4 - Generates 80 spell points per day.
--->Mage Guild level 5 - Generates 100 spell points per day.
Scryer's Workshop (requires Library) - Generates 1 spell per day. The level of spell is dependent upon the level of the Mage Guild.
Alter of the Ancients - Allows you to store the Ultimate Artefact, doubling its effect.
There are six schools of magic, Elemental, Blessing, Cursing, Summoning, Adventure and Arcane.
* Fire Arrow - Fire damage is done to a single target
* Icicle - Ice damage is done to a single target
* Static Shot - Lightning damage is done to a single target
* Air Ward - Lightning damage is reduced for a selected stack
* Fire Ward - Fire damage is reduced for a selected stack
* Ice Ward - Ice damage is reduced for a selected stack
* Fireball - All stacks in a 3*3 are suffer fire damage
* Thunderbolt - Lightning damage is dealt to a single target, and then a lesser amount to all creatures on adjoining pace
* Ring of Ice - Ice damage is dealt to all space surrounding the targeted one
* Fair Wind - Selected friendly flying creature can move further each turn for a limited time
* Foul Wind - Selected enemy archer has its ranged damage reduced for a period (only in dealing physical damage)
* Fire Wall - Places a wall of fire in a selected position, damaging all creatures who pass through it
* Mass Air Ward - Lightning damage is reduced for a number of stacks
* Mass Fire Ward - Fire damage is reduced for a number of stacks
* Mass Ice Ward - Ice damage is reduced for a number of stacks
* Inferno - All creatures in a 5*5 area take fire damage
* Chain Lightning - Lightning damage is dealt to several targets in succession, though less for each target
* Earthquake - Does significant damage to castle walls
* Farsight - Hero can see further for the day
* View Air - Hero can spot enemy heroes, artefacts and loose resources beyond his vision
* View Earth - Hero can spot towns, mines and terrain layout beyond his vision
* Eagle Eye - Hero can see more details about objects than normal
* Favourable Winds - A hero on a boat has increased movement
* Farsighted Magi - Cast on a hut of the magi, each Eye of the Magi serviced by that hut can see farther than normal
* Disguise - Heroes details are protected from being viewed by enemy heroes
* Summon Boat - An unoccupied boat appear as near to the hero as possible
* Scuttle Boat - Selected unoccupied boat is sunk
* Pathfinding - Hero treats all terrain as native terrain
* Mire - Selected enemy hero's movement is impeded
* Misty Vision - Selected Enemy hero's sight range is reduced
* Water Walk - Hero can move across water as though it were land
* Town Portal - Hero moves to the nearest friendly town
* Create Barrier - Creates an impassible barrier on a selected map space
* Summon Creatures - Hero can summon creatures from a nearby friendly town
* Confuse Monster - A selected wandering monster will no longer attack a hero moving near it
* Tremor - destroys at random one building in a selected town (Dwellings count as one building whether upgraded or not)
* Dimension Door - Hero moves from his current position to selected position without having to pass through the intervening terrain
* Fly - Hero can move across all terrain as though it were land
* Elemental Guardians - Hero can leave a group of elementals on the map or in a building
* Sky Bridge - Hero creates a 'bridge' over normally impassible terrain that both them and other heroes can use
* Time Turner - A selected, exhausted, non-disappearing, one-time location^ is regenerated
* Plague Ground - A patch of ground is cursed, doing a certain amount of damage per stack per space to any heroes crossing it
^F.E. Tomb of the Warrior, Wagon, etc.
There are some changes here, the 'miscellaneous' slots are gone, replaced by a second 'neck' slot, a second 'ring' slot on each hand, a 'wrist' slot on each hand and a couple of 'belt' slots.
*Cornucopia (Belt) - Any purchase made at the location of the artefact is free
*Sword of Dominion (Right Hand) - All attacks by friendly creatures deal maximum damage
*Aegis Cuirass (Torso) - All attacks by enemy creatures do minimum damage
*Aidos Cloak (Shoulders) - Hero is invisible to both enemy heroes and neutral creatures
*Sourcerer's Hat (Head) - Hero can cast all spells, regardless of magical proficiency
*Great Svalin (Left Hand) - Friendly creatures are protected against all negative spells
*Caduceus Pendant (Neck) - At the end of each combat turn, friendly creatures have all hp regenerated, and all negative spells removed
*Trifari of Potency (wrist) - Hero can cast spells anywhere
*Talaria Sandles (feet) - Hero can fly and treats all terrain as roads
posted July 11, 2017 01:27 PM
|Edited by MattII at 12:06, 13 Jul 2017.
(unexplained abilities from Heroes 5)
Motto: The flame of life burns eternally.
Description: A mostly human faction that strongly believes in eternal life, and worships the Phoenix due to its ability to reincarnate.
Symbols: The phoenix, the flame
While it is possible to buy rank in the Imperial Army to some degree, to even get near the rank of 'General' requires intelligence, diplomacy and experience.
Faction Skill: Resurrection
After battle, a number of creatures who were killed can be resurrected, based upon factors such hero level, skill level, artifacts and the number of Sisters/Mothers in the army.
Tenka Scout Tenka Skirmisher
While the Tenka are too fragile to survive long in the heat of battle, their speed, stamina and eyesight makes them excellent scouts.
Bold individual even among the Tenka who join the army, Tenka Skirmishers are nevertheless valued for their ability to strike quickly and then retreat before the enemy can mount a counter-attack.
* Large Creature
* Superscout - Hero receives +2 to his sight range on the adventure map.
* Large Creature
* Hit and Run - Creature can strike at enemy at 2/3 normal movement distance away then return to starting square before being retaliated against.
Militiaman Town Guard
Commonly known as 'the last refuge of the destitute', the Militia forces are most made of young men who have little to no prospect of getting any other job, and in many cases have debts to service.
Those militiamen who prove to have both the interest and skill are offered a place in the town guard, which, while still lowly paid, does off the chance of a better life, rather than just the drudgery of the militia.
* Shield - Physical damage taken by the creature is reduced by 25%
Slinger War Slinger
Slings are common in many rural parts of the empire, as good stones are easier to source than arrows, and thus young men off the farm, rather than taking up with the regular infantry take up with the auxiliary troops.
By now experienced soldiers, war slingers are, despite their low durability, a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield
* Inaccurate - for every space away the enemy is, the shooter has an additional 3% chance to miss the enemy (do no damage)
* No range Penalty
* Inaccurate - for every space away the enemy is, the shooter has an additional 5% chance to miss the enemy (do no damage)
* No Range Penalty
* Double Shot - The creature attacks twice every turn
Large Creature, Flyer, Rebirth, Fire Shield, Immunity to Fire | Large Creature, Flyer, Rebirth, Fire Shield, Immunity to Fire, Regeneration, Resurrect Allies
posted July 11, 2017 01:29 PM
Reserved for general purposes.