Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: Ideas for new cities for HoMM3
Thread: Ideas for new cities for HoMM3 This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · «PREV / NEXT»
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted May 15, 2019 08:40 AM
Edited by planetavril at 08:49, 15 May 2019.

it would be nice to have something new,not the continuation of kronwerk,cathedral or town vori,cities therefore all to discover just as it was for the Cove and as it is now for the Factory.
At least they didn't do the graphics and the creatures from scratch and so everything completely different from the kronwerk and cathedral project they have done so far,
starting all over again

that's why I don't like the first forge because it doesn't fit in the game at all and second because it's something already seen since there are various versions of forge on the web

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blob2
blob2


Legendary Hero
Blob-Ohmos the Second
posted May 15, 2019 09:35 AM
Edited by blob2 at 09:41, 15 May 2019.

Actually, a Vori town would be very cool. So many possibilities for nice units: snow panthers, Mammoths etc. There's mention of frost giants also. It would maybe have a bit of a Viking aesthetic? Yeah I know we had Fortress in Heroes 5 but I was thinking about something with a twist. The only question is what would be their native terrain, Tower already has a relation with snow terrain. Maybe snow wasteland?

I know there's the Kronwerk concept, but imo it was too heavy on the "dwarf" side. And because there's so little information about Vori, HotA team would have a lot of creative freedom, and I know they would pool it off.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Hired Hero
posted May 19, 2019 01:18 PM

gatecrasher said:
Oddball13579 said:
I'd like to see the Cathedral town and the all Dwarf town and a desert town.


Wat? How is Factory not a desert town?

While objectively the Wasteland terrain is a kind of desert, it is a rather different kind of desert from the dunes and sand of the kind of desert people usually mean when they say desert town. Think more the kind of town Nomads would be native to.
planetavril said:
it would be nice to have something new,not the continuation of kronwerk,cathedral or town vori,cities therefore all to discover just as it was for the Cove and as it is now for the Factory.
At least they didn't do the graphics and the creatures from scratch and so everything completely different from the kronwerk and cathedral project they have done so far,
starting all over again

that's why I don't like the first forge because it doesn't fit in the game at all and second because it's something already seen since there are various versions of forge on the web

Counterpoint: Cove was not something entirely new, at least not more than a Vori-based town would be. Many of the details are rooted in Regna, which was actually visited in Might & Magic VIII (unlike Vori - everything we have on there is second-hand). Granted, I'm not entirely enthused by a Vori town myself, but it would be hypocritical of me to protest too loudly when I've mentioned the concept of a Jadamean-based town before.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted May 19, 2019 03:47 PM
Edited by planetavril at 15:48, 19 May 2019.

a submerged city or a city on a sandy desert or an underground city on a new limestone terrain would be something I had never seen in heroes.
however I look forward to the Factory

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Known Hero
posted May 19, 2019 05:06 PM

There is a reason for the nonexistance of a sand desert town. Because it makes no sense at all to build a town on sand dunes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted May 19, 2019 05:34 PM
Edited by planetavril at 17:46, 19 May 2019.




looking at the map of erathia with the factory land, all the land will be used, so maybe inventing the calcareous underground ground with stalactites and stalagmites would be the most feasible thing

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
The 'tightest 'ship of 'eroes
posted May 19, 2019 05:39 PM

blob2 said:
a Vori town would be very cool


8/10 lol

LordInsane said:
Counterpoint: Cove was not something entirely new, at least not more than a Vori-based town would be. Many of the details are rooted in Regna, which was actually visited in Might & Magic VIII (unlike Vori - everything we have on there is second-hand). Granted, I'm not entirely enthused by a Vori town myself, but it would be hypocritical of me to protest too loudly when I've mentioned the concept of a Jadamean-based town before.


for a counterpoint perhaps you did not personally get the Visa to Vori but I sure Visited back when I was the big Dungeon Master of Nighon,
it was an interesting tour I got shot at and betrayed and did a bit of ransom and the scavenger hunt, got to pet the local wildlife, we even had a road race to get to the big city where I kicked a white guy up his ass and got beaten by a girl cheers lol

planetavril said:
a submerged city or a city on a sandy desert or an underground city on a new limestone terrain would be something I had never seen in heroes.


did you catch an Abyss or the Bastion lol

undah the sea, undah the sea, and all of that etc cheers lol


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Hired Hero
posted May 19, 2019 06:06 PM

planetavril said:
looking at the map of erathia with the factory land, all the land will be used, so maybe inventing the calcareous underground ground with stalactites and stalagmites would be the most feasible thing

Per other canonical maps of Antagarich - and in-game descriptions - the map that came with MM7 is simplified, and with the exception of Vori's inclusion, focuses on areas included in MM7. As an example, HotA's Under the Jolly Roger campaign takes place in an area not on the map, the islands between Antagarich and Nighon. And HotA towns do not necessarily have to be native to Antagarich specifically. Cove's 'home nation' is somewhere roughly in-between Erathia and Enroth, on the continent of Jadame (and hence on the map of MM8).
verriker said:
for a counterpoint perhaps you did not personally get the Visa to Vori but I sure Visited back when I was the big Dungeon Master of Nighon,
it was an interesting tour I got shot at and betrayed and did a bit of ransom and the scavenger hunt, got to pet the local wildlife, we even had a road race to get to the big city where I kicked a white guy up his ass and got beaten by a girl cheers lol

I admit I forgot Heroes Chronicles, although in my defence the representation there was a bit lacking in... appropriate representation of native Vorians, shall we say?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
The 'tightest 'ship of 'eroes
posted May 19, 2019 06:40 PM

planetavril said:
however it is an off-topic speech, we are talking about Homm3/HotA not by Homm3/Vcmi


to be fair you said you never saw that in Heroes not in HotA, General Specific will always invade an open border lol

LordInsane said:
I admit I forgot Heroes Chronicles, although in my defence the representation there was a bit lacking in... appropriate representation of native Vorians, shall we say?


for sure agree, indeed it is absolutely godawful on that front giving barely one or two tiny scraps of information on who they are and what they think, that can be addressed cheers lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted May 19, 2019 06:46 PM
Edited by planetavril at 19:06, 19 May 2019.

ok, my mistake



if a Vori-like city will be developed that many people seem to like, they could make an expanse of ice to differentiate it from the snowy terrain on which the tower town is located


in summary we talked about Vori, Cathedral, Kronwerk,submerged city, sandy desert or on a calcareous underground ground

other ideas?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
monere
monere


Famous Hero
posted May 19, 2019 06:52 PM

gatecrasher said:
There is a reason for the nonexistance of a sand desert town. Because it makes no sense at all to build a town on sand dunes.


this is a fantasy game, so wild imagination is welcome for the greater good of the game

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Hired Hero
posted May 19, 2019 07:57 PM
Edited by LordInsane at 20:52, 19 May 2019.

planetavril said:
ok, my mistake



if a Vori-like city will be developed that many people seem to like, they could make an expanse of ice to differentiate it from the snowy terrain on which the tower town is located


in summary we talked about Vori, Cathedral, Kronwerk,submerged city, sandy desert or on a calcareous underground ground

other ideas?

Sure, but I expect the HotA team to have better ideas (my answer to the question posed in the first post of this thread would be 'as many as the HotA team find suitable'). But if I am asked about my own ideas regardless? A Jadamean town, done somewhat as a twisted (but not evil) Rampart. An urbanised theme, crossbow-wielding dark dwarves and greatsword-wielding dark elves, perhaps trolls as level 5. Wererat mooks, an Earth-creature like Chargers or Boulders at level 6 or 7, Wasps as a flying unit. Story-wise, HotA already has several mentions of Jadame, and Regna - hence, Cove - is just off the southern coast, so there are hooks to connect it to pre-existing HotA stories.
If a sandy town is desired, there is the mod cross-pollination idea of treating The Succession Wars Mod's Dervish town as a Heroes 2 town, and doing a version for Heroes 3 in the same way Castle is Knight, Necropolis is Necromancer, etc. Several of its creatures are used already, but that's nothing new (there's only two creatures shared between Warlock and Dungeon, after all).
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Known Hero
posted May 19, 2019 09:05 PM

planetavril said:
I don't like abyss town of axolot, it could be interesting the concept of Hota of a submerged city, who knows

and I do not like some creatures of the Bastion,The Oasis of Nephretes if finished would have been better

however it is an off-topic speech, we are talking about Homm3/HotA not by Homm3/Vcmi


If I may interject for a moment, VCMI is a FLOSS reimplementation of the HoMM3 game mechanics. It isn't tied to any content.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Famous Hero
posted May 19, 2019 11:04 PM

Galaad said:
Oddball13579 said:
Galaad said:
I wouldn't mind something like a Vori town.
That's the snow elves right?


Yep, the dudes living in that northwest island.
God that map is impossible to read. I thought this one was better.


____________
"Oddball is Fred in disguise" - NoobX

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blob2
blob2


Legendary Hero
Blob-Ohmos the Second
posted May 20, 2019 12:54 PM
Edited by blob2 at 12:57, 20 May 2019.

Ideas? Personally I'm a fan of taking inspiration from the original material, even if there were only bits an pieces of it in various sources. Like it or not Factory so far seems like a perfect idea to turn a concept that creates many negative emotions, yet still finds its defenders,  into something that may please both sides, so kudos for HotA team.

Vori is not well represented in the materials, but it's actually not hard to imagine a faction like this in Heroes 3. It also leaves space for various snow monsters/animals which weren't covered before. We also have Werewolves so there's still a possible connection to Cathedral? An Inquisition town is a bit extreme, plus we have Necropolis which is Gothic horror inspired imo. So a no from me I guess, but I would be able to live with it if it happened.

Let's leave things like Dark Elf and big spider factions for Ashan, shall we?

My point: I hope HotA team continues with taking inspiration from the source material with the balance and care they showed so far, and not go for some far-fetched ideas. When I've seen steampunk concepts from NWC it somehow made me calmer

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted May 20, 2019 01:31 PM
Edited by planetavril at 19:01, 20 May 2019.

I'm one of those Factory defenders, this thread was just for talking about ideas

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Hired Hero
posted May 20, 2019 03:28 PM

blob2 said:
Ideas? Personally I'm a fan of taking inspiration from the original material, even if there were only bits an pieces of it in various sources. Like it or not Factory so far seems like a perfect idea to turn a concept that creates many negative emotions, yet still finds its defenders,  into something that may please both sides, so kudos for HotA team.

Vori is not well represented in the materials, but it's actually not hard to imagine a faction like this in Heroes 3. It also leaves space for various snow monsters/animals which weren't covered before. We also have Werewolves so there's still a possible connection to Cathedral? An Inquisition town is a bit extreme, plus we have Necropolis which is Gothic horror inspired imo. So a no from me I guess, but I would be able to live with it if it happened.

Let's leave things like Dark Elf and big spider factions for Ashan, shall we?

My point: I hope HotA team continues with taking inspiration from the source material with the balance and care they showed so far, and not go for some far-fetched ideas. When I've seen steampunk concepts from NWC it somehow made me calmer

When I said dark elves, I meant the Enroth-canonical Dark Elves, the ones in MM8. You may notice the words 'spider' and 'underground' never were mentioned.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blob2
blob2


Legendary Hero
Blob-Ohmos the Second
posted May 20, 2019 03:32 PM
Edited by blob2 at 15:35, 20 May 2019.

LordInsane said:
When I said dark elves, I meant the Enroth-canonical Dark Elves, the ones in MM8. You may notice the words 'spider' and 'underground' never were mentioned.


Sorry, Ashan just left a bad aftertaste, that's all. I meant I would dislike something like a mostly Dark Elf faction. You're ideas are ok I guess.

Spiders could also be used as neutral monsters for instance...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted May 20, 2019 05:44 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 17:47, 20 May 2019.

Yeah we dont need to make towns exactly like in Heroes 5 for example. The Dwarven Fortress in Heroes 5 was for example extremely boring to me, dwarf, slightly bigger dwarf, giant dwarf (what?) and some walking lava dragon as level 7's. Rune Magic was cool I guess, but otherwise they were "meh".
A Dark Elf city?, perhaps, but again not the way it is in Heroes 5, something different would be more interesting.
A new city like an Ice Palace, using Ice (Water) Magic and having a mix of humanoids and monsters could be very interesting.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Hired Hero
posted May 20, 2019 05:50 PM
Edited by LordInsane at 17:50, 20 May 2019.

blob2 said:
Sorry, Ashan just left a bad aftertaste, that's all. I meant I would dislike something like a mostly Dark Elf faction. You're ideas are ok I guess.

Spiders could also be used as neutral monsters for instance...

Sorry, that was overly sensitive of me. Should have realised it was more of a general statement. Guess Ashan left a bad taste for me too.

Before 5, HOMM didn't really seem to do mostly-one-race factions, with the exception of the human Knights/Castle/Life, and its theme seemed more like 'medieval kingdom' than 'human' (although it is a bit odd that the moment the town got non-human creatures the non-human heroes disappeared). That may, I guess, be another problem with a dwarf-based town like Kronwerk if 'there's already the dwarf in Rampart' was sidestepped - the lore is there for dwarven civilizations, but HOMM 3 doesn't do racial towns.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0680 seconds