Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Demonborn: Arise (5e IC)
Thread: Demonborn: Arise (5e IC) This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV / NEXT»
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted July 05, 2019 06:54 AM

Aife quickly fires a string of questions back at her scout:

"Have they seen you? Have you encountered them on your way here? Are they dangerous? Are they hostile? Will they attack if we just forage for food and keep moving?"
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted July 08, 2019 06:20 PM

Aife doesn't hear the creatures pursuing, but the area behind the brush has become silent now, almost eerily so, with  how talkative the pygmy saurians had been before. Once in a while, the rocks shuffle about or drop, and a short, softer bark of castigation can be heard, but otherwise the creatures seem to be holding back

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
CountBezuhoff
CountBezuhoff


Famous Hero
Master of the merchant's guild
posted July 09, 2019 12:36 AM
Edited by CountBezuhoff at 21:31, 17 Aug 2019.

As the shrub bussled and excitement and anxiety slowly built up in the air, Doppio carefully approached the Sergeant and begun to whisper gently into her ear:

'Sire, I believe it is necessary for you to know that your deftness and pragmatism by the manouvering of our unit have so far commanded very deep and honest respect in your unmatched tactical ability and humongous mental capacity and so have assured us in your rightful place as our leader. Therefore, given the perilous situation we face at present, a poorly calculated course of action, rashly planned out and executed neither with caution, nor with intelligence, but fueled only by the primordial instincts of fear and rage, shall irreversibly undermine this unit's belief in your capabilities to an extremely undesirable degree, should, of course, the unit even survive. I strongly doubt that under your brilliant leadership we would ever have to experience such a blunder, but nonetheless I feel obliged to share my understanding of this whole ordeal with you, sire.
'Stalling our progress with ill-advised skirmishes is obviously something we cannot afford. Fighting should be our last resort, a solution applicable only when everything else has failed...
'...All sentient beings with which we come into contact we should attempt to ally and to convince to join in our rightful crusade against the vile gods of yore. Thus we both expand our ranks and ensure a safe logistical route for our forces...'
'... In short, the best possible outcome right now would be to trick these lizardfolk into "befriending" us and to have them help us in our quest.'
____________
"...Mr Hack... I don't feel so good..."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 09, 2019 07:37 PM

Cedar watched as Doppio whispered to Aife for nearly a full minute. He cringed on her behalf, she looked rather uncomfortable,no doubt Doppio would get out of her personal space.

Although, that might just be her neutral expression. When it came to reading reborn he was about as useless as a string-less bow. Still, it was uncomfortable to watch.

"Hey!" He hissed, "how about you share your brilliant ideas with the rest of us instead of whispering like some creepy flesh-dealer in a back alley."
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
CountBezuhoff
CountBezuhoff


Famous Hero
Master of the merchant's guild
posted July 09, 2019 08:24 PM
Edited by CountBezuhoff at 21:32, 17 Aug 2019.

Doppio grinned, revealing his fine, white teeth.

'Oh, my ideas are hardly that brilliant, I was just ensuring that our dear commander had not lost her calm in the face of our first potentially deadly peril. She, naturally, proved to be as level-headed as always by both remaining vigilant to our surroundings and agreeing to my humble suggestion that the soft, gentle body of a wizard would serve as the perfect gift to appease those little starving critters that are currently spying on us from the undergrowth.'
____________
"...Mr Hack... I don't feel so good..."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 09, 2019 09:36 PM

"Try me," Cedar growled. Magic surging within him. Purple arcane energies starting to spark along his fingertips and staff.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
CountBezuhoff
CountBezuhoff


Famous Hero
Master of the merchant's guild
posted July 09, 2019 10:33 PM
Edited by CountBezuhoff at 01:13, 28 Aug 2019.

'I would, but I prefer my meat more sinewy', said the warlock, almost chuckling.
____________
"...Mr Hack... I don't feel so good..."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ajalex
ajalex

Bad-mannered
Tavern Dweller
posted July 10, 2019 02:26 PM - penalty applied by OmegaDestroyer on 16 Jul 2019.
Edited by OmegaDestroyer at 21:39, 16 Jul 2019.

And Omega said "I cast thee out spammer!"

And lo, the spammer was cast out.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted July 11, 2019 06:28 AM

Veritas casts a sideways glance at Lass'aira, signalling her on, walks up to Cedar and places her hand on his shoulder.

'Take it easy friend, Doppio was just telling the captain that he wants to be whipped into shape by Lass'aira and he is being shy about it. What should we do with him captain?'
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 11, 2019 08:17 PM
Edited by Oddball13579 at 20:33, 12 Jul 2019.

Cedar shrugs off Veritas's hand from his shoulder. He takes a few steps away, huffing in annoyance.

He stretches out, trying to dissipate some of the built up arcane energy.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted July 18, 2019 09:42 AM

((Posting for Joonas, since itís been two weeks, though not going to write dialogue for now. Just keeping it to general notes))

Lasíaira gives the others a sharp look as they grumble, mumble and bicker, waiting for you all to calm down before talking. She informs Aife that she was spotted, that she has encountered these people before, the ruins that she was leading you to have a colony of them, in fact, and that while they are territorial, these small saurians arenít likely to attack you without provocation. That said, from the sounds of things they were scavenging for food, so if you also harvest right here, they might see it as you stealing from them.

The other side of the brush continues to be silent, even the occasional hiss and growl is gone as they seem to be waiting to see what you will do.

((Aaaaand there GET YER UPDATE))
____________
Dat COMPH tho. - Me every morning not wanting to leave bed

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted July 18, 2019 10:17 AM
Edited by Geny at 10:21, 18 Jul 2019.

"Alright, thank you. Now I need everyone to calm down. Bickering among ourselves will only harm us. I will not have unnecessary bloodshed on my watch, so this is what we're going to do:

Lass'aira and Doppio, see if you can forage some food without going on the other side of the bush. At least for now.

Cedar and Veritas, go about 60 feet back the way we came from and place a sign saying Small Saurian territory. Will not attack unprovoked. Then return and help with the foraging.

Myself and Grimleal will stand watch.

Get to it, everyone. With a little luck we'll soon be out of here without incident."


After that Aife, axe in hand, moves to always be slightly ahead of the foraging team. ((about 10 feet Right and down of them, on the map))
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 18, 2019 09:34 PM

Cedar casts Veritas a fleeting glance before turning on his heel to go and carry out his orders. Not waiting or caring if Veritas was following him.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted July 22, 2019 12:07 PM

Veritas lightly walks up to Cedar. Her eyes are smiling less than her mouth.

"You know I've been wondering, have you had a traumatic experience or are you just terrible with people? I mean surely you understand that you are better off surrounded with people that do not naturally dislike you? Or are you that confident in your survival skills?"
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 22, 2019 10:51 PM

"At least I grasp the concept of privacy," Cedar grumbled.

He glanced at the woman walking next to him out of the corner of his eye. Amber eyes studying her. He lets the silence hang between them for several moments while they trudge through the snow.

"I would say my survival skills are somewhat decent," he says "and of course I see the merit of travelling with a group that has a positive opinion of me. But let me ask you this," Cedar stops walking and turns to face Veritas, "why do you care?"
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted August 01, 2019 10:02 AM

((Alright, I feel like more than enough time has passed that everyone who wanted to has posted, so here we goooooo :V))

Aife's orders begin to get carried out, even if Lass'aira mutters under her breath that it might just trigger the little dinosaurs anyway, and the party splits up to do their assigned tasks. It doesn't take long for the act of prying rocks from still-frozen ground to garner the attention of your scaled and feathered neighbors, especially when the job puts Lass'aira and Doppio both directly within line of sight of one of them (and vice versa).

A startled hiss and some fast chatter breaks out among the saurians, and it doesn't take long for the foraging group to decide on how to respond to your intrusion on their territory. With multiple angry hisses let out, the pygmy creatures run out from behind the brush, weapons out and their reptilian snouts open in a display meant to intimidate the rest of you. Fortunately, they are smaller than you and the expressions look more like a grumpy gecko or bearded dragon's face, so the effect isn't all that frightening in general, but it seems that they are definitely aggressive!

Also fortunately, you were somewhat ready for this possibility, so you are not caught by surprise by this sudden outburst.

((Roll initiative everyone!))

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted August 05, 2019 11:23 AM

A little earlier, before the mini dino crisis

Veritas makes a curious expression and bursts out laughing.

'Smooth save, you pass. In truth I have every reason to care, both as a fellow person and and as a soldier. It would make no sense not to when all we have up here is each other. If you were less agreeable I might have had to.. Well, no matter. Carry on with your grumpiness in peace. Before we end up swarmed by tiny dinos and your survival skills are put to the test.'

Veritas starts whistling cheerfully.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted August 05, 2019 08:49 PM

Continuing with Veritas.
((Are we aware of what is going on back with the others? I am assuming no because we're 60 feet away))

Cedar watches as the blonde saunters off, whistling to herself. He shakes his head and continues after her. Trudging through the snow.

"I think this is far enough," he says after awhile.

Cedar constructs the sign to the best of his ability and drives it into the ground. He fiddles with it. Getting more agitated as it continues to lean to one side. Eventually Cedar gives up, not in the mood to fight with a stubborn sign.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
CountBezuhoff
CountBezuhoff


Famous Hero
Master of the merchant's guild
posted August 15, 2019 10:14 PM
Edited by CountBezuhoff at 01:17, 28 Aug 2019.

As the swarm of hostile critters neared, Doppio was unsuspectingly studying a small mushroom. 'Do you reckon it's edible?', he turned to Lass'aira, only to see her reach out for her weapon.
____________
"...Mr Hack... I don't feel so good..."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted August 17, 2019 09:20 AM

As Doppio begins to realize what is going on, Veritas is already reacting to the sudden surge of little lizards. Sprinting forward, not moving as fast as she could but still leaving Cedar in her dust, she flips out her handbow with a flourish, takes aim, and launches a bolt at the nearest saurian as it comes around the bush. Unfortunately, the little lizard's small stature lends itself to swift reaction, and there's a startled yelp as it ducks down underneath the shot, before running over to engage Aife in melee. (Rolled a 9, missed)

Two of the lizards rush forward, armed with nothing but rock-tipped spears, with slings hung loosely at their belts, and a third one handing behind them with its own sling swishing through the air. But, while there's a surprising amount of coordination from these creatures, each one trying to distract her for the other to strike, this is literally what Aife was born and trained to do, and her armor and shield hold up under the assault, and nothing manages to even so much as scratch her silver hide. (3 attacks, 3 misses, despite having advantage on the rolls. 18 AC is pretty good)

The ones coming from the south, on the other hand, prove to be much more effective at their job, each of them running forward and jabbing and stabbing with their crude weapons. One attacks Doppio and somehow manages to trip on a rock that the warlock had loosened in his examination, missing entirely, but the other two creatures manage to strike Lass'aira herself, one scratching along her arm and the other digging the tip of his spear into the side of her chest. Despite the location, the blow does not make it past her rib cage, and will not prove fatal, especially since by twisting with the attack, your guide manages to keep from being impaled on the weapon like a wild boar. (Lizards missed Doppio, but hit Lass'aira twice (once for 5 damage, and one critical hit for 9, for a total of 14).

Lass'aira's quarterstaff is swung around with practiced ease, even as she cries out in pain. With a dull crunch, it connects with the skull of the lizard attacking Doppio, and the lizard is sent spinning a ways away, before coming to rest on the frozen riverbed, head partially caved in and neck at an odd angle. Her hands move in a strange blur, her elbow lashing out at one lizard and connecting with its temple, again indenting the pygmy creature's skull and drawing a spray of blood from its nose before it, too, collapses. And her movement ends with her lunging towards the last lizard. Unfortunately for her, the spear had already been brought up reflexively, and the mule kick meant to cave in the saurian's chest merely ends up pushing Lass'aira back while the saurian stands resolute. She almost falls over completely, but manages to tuck and roll, recovering a short ways behind Doppio and beside Veritas. (Attacked 1 time with the quarterstaff, killing 1 lizard, and then used flurry of blows to make two unarmed attacks. Hit once for a kill, missed once. Provoked an opportunity attack moving away from the saurian, who missed)

And finally, the ones bearing leather shields and scraps of real armor charge forward. One steps over the fallen bodies of his comrades and attacks Doppio, striking him twice with much more skilled blows from behind the shield. The one that assaults Aife finds her iron defense to be rather sturdy, and while he definitely possesses nearly twice the skill of his lessers, she still manages to deflect the vast majority of his assault, only suffering a relatively minor scrape along her shin from a lucky thrust. (Doppio was hit twice for a total of 11 damage (already applied, don't worry about subtracting from your current HP), while Aife was hit once for 6 damage (again, already applied))

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll †† Post New Topic †† Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0359 seconds