Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Temple of Ashan > Thread: Duel Stats
Thread: Duel Stats
dfortae
dfortae


Known Hero
posted February 21, 2007 02:38 AM
Edited by dfortae at 02:39, 21 Feb 2007.

Duel Stats

Also, I've mentioned several times before.  My duel record is the highest I've ever seen: 79%.  I've played (I THINK) around 450-500 games.  Looking at almost everyone else's stats, they have around 40-60% (rare to find a 60%).  I'm going to go take a peek at which factions I have the highest percentages with in duel, since I ALWAYS play random.  That's right, almost always random, even when some jerk picks 3 of the best armies (happens pretty often believe it or not).

Ok, back...

Here's the stats:



As you can see.  Academy and Inferno are the prime winners in duel.  A lot of the stats were before the 2.1 patch though.  Several games were with 2.0, but there was a bug that never showed wins/losses with Fortress (argh)!  Can't compare fortresses win percentage because the game count is so low (but the Dwarves are the best in Duel, especially Karlie).

Sylvan is the worst!  The other three are exactly even percentage wise.  Overall, pretty balanced.  But still slightly tipped in Academy and Inferno's favor.

I wish Ubi would ask me for balance changes...  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
hydroman
hydroman

Tavern Dweller
posted February 21, 2007 05:57 AM

you're my hero
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kirnon_Bhale
Kirnon_Bhale

Tavern Dweller
posted February 21, 2007 06:34 AM

Ugh.....

I think I have two wins and plenty of losses. You must be the reason.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Doomforge
Doomforge


Admirable
Undefeatable Hero
Retired Hero
posted February 21, 2007 08:31 AM

Very impressive, dfortae

I never thought there is such ranking system in the heroes5 "official" server. That makes me want a valid cd-key badly, lal


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted February 21, 2007 12:39 PM

Since this is about duels, here are some things I discovered about overpowered heroes

Jhora - freakin Meteor Shower with endless mana and lot of spellpower (and tanks such as Steel Golems and Gargoyles) and has the largest army (grants the most XP in duels, more than 16000)

Deleb - freakin Ring of Speed, why do most heroes have it anyway? it isn't fun at all, and with freakin high morale, you got freakin high speed creatures.. but Jhora is better if Deleb has 50% morale as she should (i.e not lucky)

Razzak - freakin powerful steel golems, with Unlimited retaliation and Teleport assault.. but I like him when he finishes Deleb

and probably some others... poor guys:

Sinitar - weakest army ever (smallest XP)

Nymus - weak army as well, he could use Gating to boost it up, but Deleb has Expert Warmachines in that place.. why should he have a weaker army anyway?

Galib - weak as well, army is ridiculous (even if you think OMG 10 Titans... he gives crappy XP when defeated)

I know some of you say those poor guys are strong with good tactics, and personally I actually once beat Razzak with Galib, but they have a weaker army, so generally they are poorer... if the others wasted more money on the army... then of course generally they're better. And unfair too

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Card_Ximinez
Card_Ximinez


Famous Hero
no
posted February 21, 2007 12:43 PM

Quote:
Jhora - freakin Meteor Shower with endless mana and lot of spellpower (and tanks such as Steel Golems and Gargoyles) and has the largest army (grants the most XP in duels, more than 16000)

Deleb - freakin Ring of Speed, why do most heroes have it anyway? it isn't fun at all, and with freakin high morale, you got freakin high speed creatures.. but Jhora is better if Deleb has 50% morale as she should (i.e not lucky)

Razzak - freakin powerful steel golems, with Unlimited retaliation and Teleport assault.. but I like him when he finishes Deleb



You really like the word "freakin", don't you?
____________
wtf this still exists

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TheDeath
TheDeath


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
with serious business
posted February 21, 2007 12:44 PM

lol I wanted to be funny

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Card_Ximinez
Card_Ximinez


Famous Hero
no
posted February 21, 2007 01:00 PM


____________
wtf this still exists

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted February 21, 2007 01:45 PM

Way to go dfortae! Not bad at all!
____________
Juoksentelisinkohan?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
supphanat
supphanat


Hired Hero
posted February 21, 2007 03:23 PM

Quote:
Also, I've mentioned several times before.  My duel record is the highest I've ever seen: 79%.  I've played (I THINK) around 450-500 games.  Looking at almost everyone else's stats, they have around 40-60% (rare to find a 60%).  I'm going to go take a peek at which factions I have the highest percentages with in duel, since I ALWAYS play random.  That's right, almost always random, even when some jerk picks 3 of the best armies (happens pretty often believe it or not).

Ok, back...

Here's the stats:



As you can see.  Academy and Inferno are the prime winners in duel.  A lot of the stats were before the 2.1 patch though.  Several games were with 2.0, but there was a bug that never showed wins/losses with Fortress (argh)!  Can't compare fortresses win percentage because the game count is so low (but the Dwarves are the best in Duel, especially Karlie).

Sylvan is the worst!  The other three are exactly even percentage wise.  Overall, pretty balanced.  But still slightly tipped in Academy and Inferno's favor.

I wish Ubi would ask me for balance changes...  


My duel record is only 71%
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Doomforge
Doomforge


Admirable
Undefeatable Hero
Retired Hero
posted February 21, 2007 04:49 PM

Quote:
Razzak - freakin powerful steel golems, with Unlimited retaliation and Teleport assault.. but I like him when he finishes Deleb


The counter is to use pitlords to spam vulnerability on golems. Can work.


Quote:
Sinitar - weakest army ever (smallest XP)


Agreed, I have a serious problem with keeping my army alive, every stack dies with one blow.. ;( Even though the spells do quite a lot damage. But hey, where's warlock's luck? 60 mana isn't too hot either.

Quote:
Nymus - weak army as well, he could use Gating to boost it up, but Deleb has Expert Warmachines in that place.. why should he have a weaker army anyway?


Nymus' speciality sucks as hell, that's the problem. It's not added to gating %, it works like that (for expert gating):
Gating with nymus = 50%+(50%*Nymus'bonus)
Which ends with like extra 10% on level 20 for expert gating. Sad.

Quote:
I know some of you say those poor guys are strong with good tactics, and personally I actually once beat Razzak with Galib, but they have a weaker army, so generally they are poorer... if the others wasted more money on the army... then of course generally they're better. And unfair too


Well dfortae managed to get those stats using random heroes so it's not that badly balanced after all.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dfortae
dfortae


Known Hero
posted February 22, 2007 02:57 AM
Edited by dfortae at 03:02, 22 Feb 2007.

Yes, Sinitar is one of the weakest heroes in duel.  Her mana is too low (army too weak).  I personally think her crappy stack of assassins should be replaced with about 50 upgraded minotaur.  That would make her about on par with the other heroes and last longer.

Deleb's morale should be reduced by 1 (MAYBE 2).  That would make her balanced (doesn't sound like much, but it would be enough).

Karlie is the most imbalanced at the moment.  His army, along with all the specialty runes, makes him by far the best.  He can single handedly beat ANY of the other armies (I've done it - before the fortress ranking started registering).  He needs to loose about 10-15% of his army.

Razzak is also one of the best.  There are a few strats that almost always win against him, but you have to use those heroes that work!  Mainly Ossir.  Deleb can manage to beat him about 50% of the time IF you totally protect your succubus and get a couple morale bonuses with them.  You have to totally avoid attacking with melee units except the ones with no retaliation.  Doom is right, vulnerability is the best thing to do with the pit lords.  Of course, taking out the gremlins 1st before even attempting to attack the golems.  Gating by the titans takes them out pretty much.  If Razzak gets some lucky morale bonuses though (VERY likely), and cuts through the closest units to the succubus, you're toast.

Now Nymus is VERY powerful in 3v3 duel, but just ok in 1v1.  If you use him 1st or 2nd in 3v3, then switch to another hero when units are gating in, it is a significant imbalance.  This (along with Deleb and Marbas) is why Inferno has the highest win ratio.  You should almost always use the gating abilities of Nymus instead of attacking.

Jhora is very difficult to beat.  You need an army that does massive damage to win because she can keep spamming overpowered magic (she and Razzak make the next highest win percentage - Galib is balanced).  Mainly: Karlie, Deleb, Marbas, etc.

Marbas is one of the most under-estimated heroes.  His fire bonus damage can win the battle (bad against Razzak - golems).  His fireball is excellent against high armored units.  Great against Haven since they like to group together their units to protect the marksman for example (and they don't have much magic resistance).  Great against angels for cutting down their armor for quick kills.

Orson WAS a tiny bit overpowered in 2.0 (400+ skeletons), but now they actually nerfed him a little too much in 2.1.  They need to add back 100 skeletons (300 or so) and then he'll be balanced.

There are many more strats/suggestions I can make but I could go on forever!  If someone has a tough time against a certain strat (or hero), tell me what it is and I'll tell you how to beat it.

But again, I played on random, and you can see it's PRETTY balanced.  There's a margin of error of about 10%, which isn't too bad.  If we could get the inferno and academy to around 79% it would be perfect!  Well, and get 2 more percentage points on Sylvan (could be done by boosting Anwen's army - he should have 150 blades instead of 100).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0430 seconds