Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: [Poll] Deer or Unicorn ?
Thread: [Poll] Deer or Unicorn ? This thread is 2 pages long: 1 2 · «PREV
Raelag84
Raelag84


Famous Hero
posted September 20, 2014 03:09 AM

I would be happy with ether unicorns or deer in the sylvan line up, but I voted deer. Deer are beautiful animals, even if they eat the tomatoes in my garden. Besides seeing one makes me feel more at home, like elves could be living in the forest behind my house.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
jhb
jhb


Famous Hero
posted September 20, 2014 04:56 AM

By the way, looking at unicorns art, it's good, but I think it got too much allegories in his "armor".
I would like unicorns in a more natural state.

H3 unicorns were perfect.



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
yogi
yogi


Promising
Famous Hero
of picnics
posted September 20, 2014 06:54 AM
Edited by yogi at 06:55, 20 Sep 2014.

deer.


princess mononoke
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MattII
MattII


Legendary Hero
posted September 20, 2014 10:38 AM
Edited by MattII at 10:39, 20 Sep 2014.

Voted Unicorn, not because I actually like them (although that picture does look kind of cool), but because I dislike the 'glowy head' look for the deer.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted September 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Unicorn!
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blob2
blob2


Legendary Hero
Blob-Ohmos the Second
posted September 20, 2014 01:12 PM

Raelag84 said:
Deer are beautiful animals, even if they eat the tomatoes in my garden.


This has got to be the best argument against Deer unit I've heard so far! I salute you Sir

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted September 20, 2014 02:10 PM

jhb said:
By the way, looking at unicorns art, it's good, but I think it got too much allegories in his "armor".
I would like unicorns in a more natural state.

H3 unicorns were perfect.




Majestic yet looking strong. Who can say no to that!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Raelag84
Raelag84


Famous Hero
posted September 20, 2014 02:12 PM

blob2 said:
Raelag84 said:
Deer are beautiful animals, even if they eat the tomatoes in my garden.


This has got to be the best argument against Deer unit I've heard so far! I salute you Sir


Oh don't you know? That's what the war of bitter ashes was really about http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_the_Bitter_Ashes

Haven was sick of the magical deer getting into their gardens, so they went to war.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted September 20, 2014 07:25 PM

Raelag84 said:
blob2 said:
Raelag84 said:
Deer are beautiful animals, even if they eat the tomatoes in my garden.


This has got to be the best argument against Deer unit I've heard so far! I salute you Sir


Oh don't you know? That's what the war of bitter ashes was really about http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_the_Bitter_Ashes

Haven was sick of the magical deer getting into their gardens, so they went to war.

Those dang Elves skateboarding on the sidewalk didn't help either.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
EPICUSDOOMICUS
EPICUSDOOMICUS


Known Hero
posted September 22, 2014 08:25 PM

DarkLord said:
Unicorns!!!!

who voted deers??? reveal yourself !! traitor!


____________
To die in battle is the greatest glory.
To choose to do so is the greatest honor!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Royin
Royin


Adventuring Hero
posted September 22, 2014 08:33 PM
Edited by Royin at 20:34, 22 Sep 2014.

The H5 concept art for the Unicorn really reminds me of Ixion from Final Fantasy 10 xD

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
markkur
markkur


Responsible
Legendary Hero
Once upon a time
posted September 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Bad choice. Awesome Elks rule feeble deer any day.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stormcaller
Stormcaller


Famous Hero
posted September 22, 2014 10:10 PM

I think people dislike deers because they're not mythical creatures, and I certainly can't think of any such version, where unicorns are supposed to be the purest creatures ever ( who buys this tho I don't know ) and similar crap.

In the end, it's a horse with a horn.
____________
What makes a King? Some say it is a birthright, while others call it a destiny.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blob2
blob2


Legendary Hero
Blob-Ohmos the Second
posted September 22, 2014 11:13 PM
Edited by blob2 at 23:14, 22 Sep 2014.



Oh yes, H3 Unicorns on par with Death Knights were my favorite level 6th units. And this War Unicorn: truly, that's how a Unicorn meant for battle should look like. Just beautiful! Best. Design. Ever.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DarkLord
DarkLord


Supreme Hero
Fear me..
posted September 23, 2014 12:44 AM


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Royin
Royin


Adventuring Hero
posted September 23, 2014 01:33 AM

Stormcaller said:
I think people dislike deers because they're not mythical creatures, and I certainly can't think of any such version, where unicorns are supposed to be the purest creatures ever ( who buys this tho I don't know ) and similar crap.

In the end, it's a horse with a horn.

People like what they've seen before. I'm fully aware a Unicorn is just a pony with a horn on its head that's happy to see you. But I like it because I've seen it in the past series. I don't have any connection to the Deer so the preference goes to the units that do give me nostalgic feelings.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DarkLord
DarkLord


Supreme Hero
Fear me..
posted September 23, 2014 04:12 AM
Edited by DarkLord at 04:14, 23 Sep 2014.

Royin said:
Stormcaller said:
I think people dislike deers because they're not mythical creatures, and I certainly can't think of any such version, where unicorns are supposed to be the purest creatures ever ( who buys this tho I don't know ) and similar crap.

In the end, it's a horse with a horn.

People like what they've seen before. I'm fully aware a Unicorn is just a pony with a horn on its head that's happy to see you. But I like it because I've seen it in the past series. I don't have any connection to the Deer so the preference goes to the units that do give me nostalgic feelings.


i've seen deers before.. in H5.. as a hat for druids      

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Steyn
Steyn


Supreme Hero
posted September 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Stormcaller said:
I think people dislike deers because they're not mythical creatures, and I certainly can't think of any such version, where unicorns are supposed to be the purest creatures ever ( who buys this tho I don't know ) and similar crap.

In the end, it's a horse with a horn.

Or slightly modified goats: man-made unicorns

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Royin
Royin


Adventuring Hero
posted September 23, 2014 10:29 AM

The last 2 posts made me lol so hard ;D

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted September 23, 2014 02:05 PM

Steyn said:
Stormcaller said:
I think people dislike deers because they're not mythical creatures, and I certainly can't think of any such version, where unicorns are supposed to be the purest creatures ever ( who buys this tho I don't know ) and similar crap.

In the end, it's a horse with a horn.

Or slightly modified goats: man-made unicorns

Oh my god, that's hilarious!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 2 pages long: 1 2 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0603 seconds