Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: Advanced Classes Mod
Thread: Advanced Classes Mod This thread is 12 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 · «PREV
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 27, 2020 01:06 PM
Edited by kongsuni at 13:38, 27 Jul 2020.

Thanks for reply.

RerryR said:

Cannot confirm but:
at some point I used !?FU(OnGameEnter) to reset/save spell points instead of !?PI (PI only runs once at map start). But it was changed later. Maybe in your version it is not yet changed.



I found that it was fixed in recent version. Sorry for confusing.

RerryR said:

Tested two times, cannot confirm. Strange. Can you add a check to prevent cast in case of a siege?
With !!BA:S?y1; !!FU&y1<>0:E; Exit if siege. Search for "Precast" in erm file.



test save & map
This is the test file. Not always but sometimes crashes. Maybe, the target is set to arrow tower. Anyway, I wrote your code in my version, it was solved. Thank you.

RerryR said:

Actually EE should not trigger when creature casts spells.
Can you check if this line is present in your code:
!?BG0;
!!SN:W^Eagle_Eye_Spell_0^/0;
!!BG:A?y1;                    [Aktion in y1 Must be Hero Cast]
!!FU&y1<>1:E;                 [Exit if not Hero cast]



Thank you. I checked. Although I said so, I am not sure the origin of crush is eagle eye. It's just an empirical feeling.



Always, thanks for your effort!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 09:31 AM
Edited by kongsuni at 09:40, 01 Aug 2020.

Additional report

It seems master & GM pathfinding does not increase the movement point of hero.

!?TM2&$once$=1/$AI$=0;
!!FU:E;                [Disabled]
!!DO(AC_Function_3)/0/155/1;   [loop through heroes]

It might be intended.

And, I carefully suggest that the pathfinding have an effect of offsetting the hero's movement penalty when there are slow units in the troop. pathfinding is good skill, but it become useless if hero learn fly or get angel's wing, which are not so rare in mid-latter part of game in wog.
It would be more flexible to compose the troops, especially for hunter.

this is my code for pathfinding.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Famous Hero
Researching Magic
posted August 01, 2020 10:07 AM

kongsuni said:
Additional report


Hi kongsuni,

I don't know why I disabled it. But I like your idea

Next version:

Master Pathfinding

Reduces the hero movement penalty for carrying slow troops in the army.



Grandmaster Pathfinding

Eliminates the hero movement penalty for carrying slow troops in the army.


PS: The bug during sieges with precast was indeed the Arrow Towers thx

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 01:33 PM

I love the idea.

Also, I'd like to know if using advanced hero level up (that allows choosing any skill at level up) have some adverse effect on the way the classes are calculated, because I'm pretty sure I can't get grandmaster skills, just master. (I don't have my computer now since I'm traveling, but I will install heroes on my wife notebook and try to see if it still happens)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 04:19 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 16:32, 01 Aug 2020.

RodWarrior said:
I love the idea.

Also, I'd like to know if using advanced hero level up (that allows choosing any skill at level up) have some adverse effect on the way the classes are calculated, because I'm pretty sure I can't get grandmaster skills, just master. (I don't have my computer now since I'm traveling, but I will install heroes on my wife notebook and try to see if it still happens)

One of the very few things I disliked about the original game was the random nature of skills available at level up. It made building a character a nerve-wracking experience, not so much in terms of regular maps as in terms of random ones, which I often use. One bad draw, and your character might end up crippled relative to the particular environment. Wog Wizardry and Battle Academies help with that, but not completely.

Does the mod you mentioned still work. I ran across an old one that claimed to do something similar, but it didn't appear to be designed for recent platforms. The one you name does seem to have been written for ERA II, but that's all I can tell about it.

Edit: An equally important question would be whether it works with the advanced classes mod. I'm thinking that it might not be able to hand the master and grandmaster skill levels present in the mod. I guess I could test myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has already had any experience with this. A problem might not emerge until well into the game,
 

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
anti-victor
anti-victor


Adventuring Hero
Disciples 2 Map Creator
posted August 01, 2020 06:23 PM
Edited by anti-victor at 20:40, 01 Aug 2020.

Old version didn't worked with AC mod from my experience. But new one is working, I was able to get Master and GM levels with no problems. The thing is unlimited skills. You can end up with multiclass and that can be unstable for the game. Imo it breaks the game too much. The design behind AC mod is to get one of them for one hero not all^^

I asked Igrik if he can cap skills at 8 maybe 10 but he said he would have to rewrite half of his code. He confirmed he's gonna make this mod for Era 3 tho.
I even go further and enabled 28 skills script from ES where in ini file you can set up number of skills you want and put ES with higher priority than lvl up mod but it didn't worked to cap at 8^^

Btw thanks to Wog Wizardy and Battle Academy you can also lern beyond 8-10 skills
If I get wrong skills and end up with no class I'm using Market of Time
____________
Live and Die by the Blade/In WoG we trust

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 07:56 PM

Interesting, I would get only one advanced class per character (at least it only showed one). But I couldn't get grandmaster, only master. Maybe I'm using old version?

I have no problem with +28, since I play at XXL and if game gets too easy I can use the difficulty options to make it harder as I'm playing, so no big trouble.

Also, I'm more a fun before balance guy, so my opinion is biased

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
anti-victor
anti-victor


Adventuring Hero
Disciples 2 Map Creator
posted August 01, 2020 08:38 PM
Edited by anti-victor at 20:48, 01 Aug 2020.

Maybe cuz of hybrid classes, those can only lern skills to master lvl so they can potentially limit gm lvls, but when I played I could do it, just some skills were dependent from another ones, so some gm levels unlock after I picked some other skills.
____________
Live and Die by the Blade/In WoG we trust

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 09:09 PM

Uhhhh that's probably it, then!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Famous Hero
Researching Magic
posted August 01, 2020 09:31 PM

Nice that it works, actually a little bit surprised

I'll be on holiday for the next weeks and when back I will release a little teaser for the final version 1.05. A lot has happened and I received awesome help from very talented people which you all will appreciate, lifting the mod to the next level
The release is only weeks away.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
anti-victor
anti-victor


Adventuring Hero
Disciples 2 Map Creator
posted August 01, 2020 09:35 PM

RerryR said:
Nice that it works, actually a little bit surprised


Why suprised? You saw that in my video about your creature banks
____________
Live and Die by the Blade/In WoG we trust

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Hired Hero
posted August 02, 2020 05:42 PM

anti-victor said:
Old version didn't worked with AC mod from my experience. But new one is working, I was able to get Master and GM levels with no problems. The thing is unlimited skills. You can end up with multiclass and that can be unstable for the game. Imo it breaks the game too much. The design behind AC mod is to get one of them for one hero not all^^

I asked Igrik if he can cap skills at 8 maybe 10 but he said he would have to rewrite half of his code. He confirmed he's gonna make this mod for Era 3 tho.
I even go further and enabled 28 skills script from ES where in ini file you can set up number of skills you want and put ES with higher priority than lvl up mod but it didn't worked to cap at 8^^

Btw thanks to Wog Wizardy and Battle Academy you can also lern beyond 8-10 skills
If I get wrong skills and end up with no class I'm using Market of Time

Thanks for the very detailed response. Very helpful!

ACM version 1.04 does limit heroes to a max of 10 secondary skills unless one uses the method RerryR was kind enough to reveal earlier in the thread. Are you suggesting the advanced level up mod somehow overrides that? Interesting! I don't know enough about programming to know how that could even be managed.

Whether or not being able to go up to 28 is broken or not depends on what one is doing. I can see how it would pose problems for multiplayer. But if one is doing single player on a random map, and the AI heroes can also have up to 28 skills--which they can--it seems balanced to me. Even on a XXL random map, nobody is likely to get close to 28 skills, anyway, and there are some compensating drawbacks. Unless one is using the advanced level-up mod, one still can face some awkward luck (like getting up to grandmaster in several skills waiting for advanced in earth magic to be able to use town portal effectively). I've tried ACM both ways. With only 8 or 10 skills, if luck was with me (wizard academy close by), I was able to get the skills I wanted with the levels I needed without having to stress too much over it. With the potential for all 28, I was usually able to get the skills I needed but was sometimes caught in a situation in which a low-level one was messing me up. Of course, I had the potential for multiple advanced classes in that situation, but only at fairly high levels, and sometimes AI heroes hit that point before I did. In other words, the game isn't necessarily easier in either situation, just different. I suppose which is better depends upon one's individual tastes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
anti-victor
anti-victor


Adventuring Hero
Disciples 2 Map Creator
posted August 03, 2020 03:48 PM

Well thats the beauty of wog, you can customize it to your playstyle. And ofc you will play whatever you like. I'm not forcing you to anything I only can give you my perspective.

So with Advanced lvl up mod you can get hybrid class very early its lvl 6, hybrid classes can't go GM only to master but they got good perks. Having those early is beyond fantastic, where normaly game would give you some other skills you don't want and slow down your progress toward hybrid class. Sure having to choose skills is great cuz you are deciding factor and thats it.
When you use this mod you will end up with GM Battlemage, Gm Druid and Gm Hunter. There is no point to go for pure Mage when you can be GM BM, same for other classes.

All classes have diff bonuses for a reason, for twist and replayability. Like today I wanna play Adventurer and maybe Hunter. Or maybe next game go for two mages and BM ofc hmm depends if game give me skills for actual class. I mostly make 2-3 strong heroes in my games well cuz with my bro I dont wanna maintain 8 heroes^^ it takes too much time in hotseat and he would go "sleep mode"^^ before I could end my turn . We even run randomizer from ES for lolz and homm2 feel with buildings, it also changes starting skills so you can play same hero and try diff class with him.
So in my perspective having 6 classes is good, even better on final version of mod. It expands your later hero development in a way and its good to see how they clash/interact between each other.
And I played Perrys' mods way long before AC mod. Around 2-3 years already. I even know how to sometimes cheat in AC mod^^ His magic mods before AC revived Wog for me, while I left hota. And as you see I'm still playing. So play as you like and enjoy this creation.
____________
Live and Die by the Blade/In WoG we trust

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Hired Hero
posted August 03, 2020 05:04 PM

anti-victor said:
Well thats the beauty of wog, you can customize it to your playstyle. And ofc you will play whatever you like. I'm not forcing you to anything I only can give you my perspective.

So with Advanced lvl up mod you can get hybrid class very early its lvl 6, hybrid classes can't go GM only to master but they got good perks. Having those early is beyond fantastic, where normaly game would give you some other skills you don't want and slow down your progress toward hybrid class. Sure having to choose skills is great cuz you are deciding factor and thats it.
When you use this mod you will end up with GM Battlemage, Gm Druid and Gm Hunter. There is no point to go for pure Mage when you can be GM BM, same for other classes.

All classes have diff bonuses for a reason, for twist and replayability. Like today I wanna play Adventurer and maybe Hunter. Or maybe next game go for two mages and BM ofc hmm depends if game give me skills for actual class. I mostly make 2-3 strong heroes in my games well cuz with my bro I dont wanna maintain 8 heroes^^ it takes too much time in hotseat and he would go "sleep mode"^^ before I could end my turn . We even run randomizer from ES for lolz and homm2 feel with buildings, it also changes starting skills so you can play same hero and try diff class with him.
So in my perspective having 6 classes is good, even better on final version of mod. It expands your later hero development in a way and its good to see how they clash/interact between each other.
And I played Perrys' mods way long before AC mod. Around 2-3 years already. I even know how to sometimes cheat in AC mod^^ His magic mods before AC revived Wog for me, while I left hota. And as you see I'm still playing. So play as you like and enjoy this creation.

It's definitely true that WoG can be adapted to one's tastes, and that is definitely one of its strengths.

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 12 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0892 seconds