Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Modders Workshop > Thread: Modding after Patch 1.5
Thread: Modding after Patch 1.5
godlyatheist
godlyatheist


Adventuring Hero
posted May 30, 2007 05:13 AM

Modding after Patch 1.5

I cannot get any mod to work reliably after patch 1.5. The game ignores the .pak files. In some thread I read that if you just put the modded files in the data folder it will work. However, that only worked for a few days. Now the game crashes every time. Can some knowledgeable modder tell us how to get mods to work post 1.5?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Snifi
Snifi

Tavern Dweller
posted May 30, 2007 02:01 PM

well, you have to do:

1. unpack de .pak files with winrar
2. bring all these files on the actual date (with some tool like total commander, or search in google)
3. repack the files with winrar as .zip file
4. rename .zip to .h5m
5. place the .h5m files into the Maps folder in the heroes main folder (if it doesnt exist, create one)

then they should work well as before

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
radar
radar


Responsible
Legendary Hero
Castle/Haven player
posted May 30, 2007 02:25 PM

Quote:
However, that only worked for a few days. Now the game crashes every time. Can some knowledgeable modder tell us how to get mods to work post 1.5?


theoretically, in this way, It is not possible to work properly and then crash. you MUST modyfy something.

I think game do not launch and appears screen with "original h5 game not found"? this happens if you done a letter mistake.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ZombieLord
ZombieLord


Promising
Famous Hero
that wants your brainz...
posted June 01, 2007 04:26 PM

Mods work flawlessly in 1.5 placed in data folder

In 2.1, the game reads the paks in data folder first (including Mods) but then it reads the paks from dataa1 BUT ONLY a1-data.pak and such (hard coded). This means with 2.1 you CAN mod the game, it will read the files (placed in data), but you won't be able to modify the files in HoF (in the dataa1 paks)

Placing the mod in the Maps folder as .h5m works though

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Snifi
Snifi

Tavern Dweller
posted June 01, 2007 07:54 PM

Quote:
Mods work flawlessly in 1.5 placed in data folder

In 2.1, the game reads the paks in data folder first (including Mods) but then it reads the paks from dataa1 BUT ONLY a1-data.pak and such (hard coded). This means with 2.1 you CAN mod the game, it will read the files (placed in data), but you won't be able to modify the files in HoF (in the dataa1 paks)

Placing the mod in the Maps folder as .h5m works though


but not all of the mods will work... if a ubi-patch replaced old files (which were modded), you have to change the file-date of the mods to the actual date..

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ZombieLord
ZombieLord


Promising
Famous Hero
that wants your brainz...
posted June 01, 2007 07:55 PM

Hmm, yeah I know... but that doesn't have to do with a particular patch, only that it is newer than when the MOD was created

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
godlyatheist
godlyatheist


Adventuring Hero
posted June 03, 2007 01:15 PM

thanks for the reply. I got my mod to work again by putting them in the dat folder. However, I still have a few problems.

1) I modded the necromancy system. I got it to give me more DE but changing the formula for calculating DE cost doesn't work. I changed the cost formula from power/25 to power/50 but skelly still cost 2 DE. Why?

2)I can't get two mods to work at the same time, like my necro mod and the fast track mod. Is this because the two mods have different modification date?


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Snifi
Snifi

Tavern Dweller
posted June 03, 2007 02:44 PM

Quote:
thanks for the reply. I got my mod to work again by putting them in the dat folder. However, I still have a few problems.

1) I modded the necromancy system. I got it to give me more DE but changing the formula for calculating DE cost doesn't work. I changed the cost formula from power/25 to power/50 but skelly still cost 2 DE. Why?

2)I can't get two mods to work at the same time, like my necro mod and the fast track mod. Is this because the two mods have different modification date?




maybe they're using one and the same file and one mod (the one with the newer date) is overwriting the other modded file...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0265 seconds