Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href='http://www.game-advertising-online.com/' target='_blank'>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Underdogs (IC)
Thread: Underdogs (IC) [ This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 ]
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted April 17, 2010 08:55 AM

Xinkz found what was left of the Kobold theives huddled in a wooden cart with bars on it.  They skittered back seeing the menacing visage of the Goblin there, but he was in no mood to harm another living being.  He found the keys, and set them free.  Tossing them to the ground, he walked away toward the tent with the chanting coming from it.  This had to end, now.  He was tired, frustrated, and heart sore.

He had never wished to become as bad as the humans, but as he looked around to the injured or dead, he realised he may have done just that.  The place was quiet as a graveyard if not for the chanting.  Whoever it was in there, did not know anybody was out here.

As he got closer he heard.  "Ah, Brother..I finally got ahold of you.  This communication magic is more difficult then I thought.  We have the renegade theives, and should be back within a few days.  One of our scouts picked up the trail of the one that got away, and should be back with it soon.  They will make good slaves."

Another voice is heard.  "Excellent.  However, I am supposed to pass on some information from the Guild of Mages.  There are some..enhanced creatures in the area.  Goblins, kobolds, and such that the mages have enhanced their intelligence.  Keep a careful eye out."

"Bah, we are in a well armed camp, with dozens of able bodied men.  We don't fear a few smart Sharish." the word meant 'garbage', so that is what this person thought they were, just Garbage...
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
The Blue Lady liaison
posted April 18, 2010 10:58 AM
Edited by Geny at 15:07, 18 Apr 2010.

Durok stood at some distance from the tent watching his chief and the little gray friend crouching near the tent and listening to whatever was going on inside. He noticed that the chief freed some little fellows from their cage a bit earlier. Durok wondered for a second if they are the brothers in hood the little gray friend spoke of when they met, but they had no hoods, so he dismissed that thought and continued watching Xinkz until he gets new orders.
____________
It's not fun without Pan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 19, 2010 03:04 AM

Kreishna’s Common wasn’t very good, but it was sufficient to understand most of what the man said. Suddenly furious, she picked up a nearby torch and set fire to the tent.
____________
"We ate it to become it and there are no more variations." —Tsaesci Creation Myth  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
B-E-T-A
B-E-T-A


Promising
Legendary Hero
Watching You
posted April 22, 2010 02:41 PM

Somewhere else, Ifran saw smoke coming up from the direction of the battle. Ifran was quite pleased as he had just found a good new walking stick, now all it really needed was to find some skulls to put on it's walking stick.

"Ahh, it's so good to see a little mayhem being done once again." Ifran said
____________
There is no good or evil, only madness. The question is "Just how mad are you?"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted April 28, 2010 07:09 AM

Suprisingly Xinkz sat dispassionately as the tent burned.  Motioning Durok over he said.  "Get all the weapons you can carry." he turns to the others.  "Gather everything of value you can.  We must leave this place, now.  More humans will see this and come investigate."
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
B-E-T-A
B-E-T-A


Promising
Legendary Hero
Watching You
posted April 28, 2010 10:57 AM

Ifran arrived at the camp to see a bunch of humans who had been knocked out.

"Ahh, Humans! Are any of these dead or must I kill one myself if I want a skull for my new walking stick?" Ifran asked
____________
There is no good or evil, only madness. The question is "Just how mad are you?"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted April 28, 2010 11:02 AM

"If you don't mind one a little burnt, there is one in that tent..or what remains of a tent." shruged Xinkz.  If they already thought him less an animal, who was he to dissapoint them.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
The Blue Lady liaison
posted April 29, 2010 07:00 PM

Durok was watching the fire his little gray friend started. Pretty fire...

"Get all the weapons you can carry."

Durok snapped out of his trance, smiled, strapped his club back to his leg and started wandering around the camp. Every time he came by a weapon he picked it up, but having only one hand he had to discard the one he held before. He walked around the camp like that for a while, exchanging swords for spears and spears for axes, until Xinkz approached him shaking his head and shoved a big bag into his hand. Work went better since then:

"Sword... weapon *clang* ... axe... weapon *clang* ... human... *shakes the dead body in his hand a bit* not weapon *thump* ... sword... weapon *clang* ..."
____________
It's not fun without Pan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted May 03, 2010 06:51 AM

With the task being taken care of, Kuddin wonders if these humans had anything resembling the bottle of alcohol that had just barely been emptied in the recent past. He goes throughout the camp, in search of such treasure.
____________
Time for a signature change, but to what?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 11, 2010 08:58 AM

Having freed what remains of the kobolds from their prison, Xinkz turns to Kreishna.  "I am both happy and sad.  I am happy that you are reunited with your friends, but sad to think you may be leaving us.  Please..consider traveling with us.  I am going to track down this..'Brotherhood of thieves' and the mages..I want to know what is going on."

He turns to the others.  "I don't know about everybody else, but I am tired of the humans trying to run our lives.  Tired of them trying to play Gods."
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
The Blue Lady liaison
posted May 11, 2010 11:16 AM

Durok puts the bag with weapons down on the ground. For the first time since the group met him they see pain reflected in his eyes.

"Me no like humans." He says as he grips the appendage that was once his right arm, "Me follow chief."
____________
It's not fun without Pan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
B-E-T-A
B-E-T-A


Promising
Legendary Hero
Watching You
posted May 11, 2010 01:52 PM

"Yes..." Ifran said while ripping the skin and meat off one of the human's skull "..The humans have forgotten how it was back in the days. They have forgotten how it was like, to be treated like they were a scourge. They have forgotten their origins and now they must pay the price. I, Ifran, am with you!"
____________
There is no good or evil, only madness. The question is "Just how mad are you?"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted May 12, 2010 05:35 AM

Kuddin wandered back, holding a couple bottles of liquid. To guess what these bottles held would be a simple task for anyone involved with his not too distant past. He grinned as he heard the mention of humans as gods, and putting them in their place. He too wanted this task to be accomplished, and he was sure, with the help of these others, it was doable. He wasn't sure why it was, or why he felt it, but he just went with it.

"I will come along, and we can knock those humans down!"
____________
Time for a signature change, but to what?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted May 12, 2010 05:33 PM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 03:11, 01 Jun 2010.

Kreishna was with her guild, assessing the damage.

It was bad. Barely a quarter of the guild’s entirety were still alive and looking to remain that way. Several of them had been caught by the spell that had warped their guild headquarters and displayed skewed proportions, deformed limbs and other mutations. A few reported one or two of their companions had escaped (including Yralik), but not many. And all of them that remained were scared, injured and malnourished.

She spoke with those still capable of speaking and quickly found she no longer fit in. Whatever horrible things had been done to them had scarred them badly, and not just physically. Some of them kept chittering about returning to the guild; a suicidal idea, in Kreishna’s opinion, as that was how this whole mess started. One or two of the wiser guild were suggesting finding a priest of Tiamat to heal those twisted by the foul magics, but it was clear no one was in any fit state to travel.

Then Xinks approached her.

"I am both happy and sad.  I am happy that you are reunited with your friends, but sad to think you may be leaving us.  Please..consider traveling with us.  I am going to track down this..'Brotherhood of thieves' and the mages..I want to know what is going on. I don't know about everybody else, but I am tired of the humans trying to run our lives.  Tired of them trying to play Gods."

“It comes,” she answered.

For the guild.
____________
"We ate it to become it and there are no more variations." —Tsaesci Creation Myth  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 22, 2010 06:54 AM

Xinkz searched the entire camp.  The humans food and water he distributed amoung the unfortunate remains of the kobolds.  It was the least he could do.  While searching he comes apon a note.  He is not able to read it at all, but he does recognize one thing.  A mark.  He knows where this mark comes from.

"I think I know where to begin looking for this .. brother hood. My clan raided a city with this mark on it about two years ago.  Come." he makes sure none of the humans that happen to be alive hears him.  He takes off toward the west.  After a few hours of travel, he will set up camp.  Going near a human town would be dangerous, they will need to get ready.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted June 01, 2010 03:13 AM

Kreishna trailed along behind Xinkz, occasionally diving into the underbrush as though searching only to reappear a short time later from a different direction. She spoke very little and seemed preoccupied.
____________
"We ate it to become it and there are no more variations." —Tsaesci Creation Myth  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
B-E-T-A
B-E-T-A


Promising
Legendary Hero
Watching You
posted June 01, 2010 05:56 AM

"Lead the way then, goblin." Ifran said and followed the goblin to wherever it was it wanted to go.
____________
There is no good or evil, only madness. The question is "Just how mad are you?"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
The Blue Lady liaison
posted June 01, 2010 03:58 PM

Durok walked right behind Xinkz all the way. He carried a big sack of weapons he had gathered in camp and some lighter provision the group took with themselves on their journey. The painful memories about the loss of his arm and his first tribe were gone as quickly as they came and he was now wearing his usual carefree grin on his face, happy that his size gives the important role of stuff-carrier in his new tribe.
____________
It's not fun without Pan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted June 12, 2010 07:28 AM

Xinkz pushed aside a branch..and what he saw confused the heck out of him.  Standing in the middle of nowhere, was a carnival.  One ran by Goblins, Kobolds, and the like of all things!  There were fun houses, games, rides, even a fortune telling booth.  He was very leery of the place, it being in the middle of nowhere, but they had been traveling awhile..and he was sure the others could use some 'down' time.  He had been driving them pretty hard toward their destination.  Not that he had a clue what he would find there.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
The Blue Lady liaison
posted June 12, 2010 07:43 AM

Durok went into the clearing after Xinkz. Upon seeing the carnival his eyes widened with amazement. The sack he was carrying fell at his feet. The sounds, the visions, even the smells, it all seemed so new and so... interesting. The orc touched Xinkz's shoulder from behind to get his attention.

"Chief... What this? Looks fun... Me can haz fun?"
____________
It's not fun without Pan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0536 seconds