Heroes of Might and Magic Community
please log in.! Register | Today's Posts | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

Heroes 1 (Heroes 2 (Heroes 3 (Heroes 4 (Heroes 5 (Heroes 6 ()

Login:     Username:     Password:    
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: MtG : IC
Thread: MtG : IC [ This thread is 2 pages long: (1) 2 ]
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 30, 2011 01:11 AM

MtG : IC

Gerand, an .. unusual plane of existence.  The only thing certain about it is it's uncertainty.  Chaos seems to rule the lands..as plains become bustling cities, and rainforests become barren and ashen wastelands instantly and without warning.  Maps are useless in this forsaken place, because what was one place one day may be far across the universe the next.

Spiriling from the sky (in different locations) come several forms.  Several hit rather hard, and are knocked unconscious, but a few manage to land on something relatively soft.  Once near god like beings, they have been stripped of their great power, and cast aside as if rubbish. Adrift in a dimension that may have no way out, where they may be trapped for all eternity.  Is this some nightmarish prison, or is there a glimmer of hope?  In Gerand, hope is a fools game..but these beings were once great and powerful, if any can hope to conquer this primordial dimension..it will be .. the Planeswalkers.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted May 30, 2011 11:17 AM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 17:46, 30 May 2011.

A lot of green and a speck of blue was all Dran could see as he felt the wind rushing past him. Or, really, him rushing through the wind, he thought. Though, that thought would do him little to no good now, he realized. Falling, he was, and he did not like the massive amount of green getting closer, and had some small blobs of a whitish color to it. Though, that was also a bit of useless information now. The speck of blue, he hoped, would be much more friendlier. With a lot of twisting, and all attempts to change his course, he angled himself in a position to change his fall towards the blue.

*Splash!*

Dran had just barely made the distance to hit the small pond surrounded by the field of grass. Not as far towards its center as he'd like. He still hit the ground beneath, but at least it was soft and muddy. Struggling from the mud's hold on his leg, he got to the water's surface, and saw a face staring at him. One of the white blobs he saw earlier. A sheep was just staring at him, chewing on some grass. He stared back for a few seconds, then let out a yell.

"Oooooooooouch!" he let out. Though it was much better than striking the ground, the impact with the water really hurt. The exposed skin he could see had gone red.

The sheep darted away, running to its fellow sheep, who were also running from the loud thing.

Dran crawled out of the waters, and looked around for anything worth noting. Aside from sheep, of course.
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 31, 2011 12:09 AM
Edited by Mytical at 00:17, 31 May 2011.

In the distance, Dran noticed a figure running for all they are worth.  Just moments behind the figure is a rather large looking lion.  It was unusual to see a lion hunting a humanoid creature, but if hungry enough anything would be possible.  They were not coming directly toward him, and probably would not see him, but would pass near enough.

The area around was almost devoid of any place for the humanoid to hide, except for the nearby water..but if that would stop the hungry beast is anybody's guess.  The sheep scatter to the winds, at the approach of the large creature, but if the figure was lucky enough the lion would pick the easier meal of the sheep.

The body of water is not large, but if a person were to mostly submerge themselves, the lion would most likely not notice them, unless already chasing them.

What was confusing was that there was no obvious plains nearby for the lion to have come from.  The area seemed to be an oasis of some sort, as almost at the edge of how far a person could see..the lush green area started turning to sand.

The figure, running in the tall grass, stumbles near Dran..and although humanoid it is not a human.  It appears to be Kitsune.  Neither it nor the lion have noticed Dran.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted May 31, 2011 12:17 AM

Luster snagged itself on branches and vines as it approached the ground in the forest, slowing itself so as to not shatter on impact. Still, the landing broke many of the frail connections along its limbs holding Luster's body together. It hissed, slowly rebuilding and scouting out the area it was in.

It was, for all appearances, a normal forest next to a lake. missed by that much... It grumbled silently. Examining the damage done to it, Luster was surprised to find how many of its spells had been eradicated... And was pleasantly surprised to find that it still remembered something. But first, Luster needed to find the energy to cast the spell...
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 31, 2011 12:36 AM

The forest is strangely quiet, no chirping of birds, no sounds of anything moving through it, no leaves moving in the wind.  The air seemed stale, and it is almost as if it was 'between moments'.  A strange cloud is gathering over head..and the forest is beginning to dissapear..the storm is moving toward Luster..coming from the east.  To the west is the lake.  To the north and south, beyond the edge of the forest .. desert.

Dran notices the storm forming in the distant east, but it seems far away for now ((he also would not see the forest vanishing..yet))
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted May 31, 2011 12:39 AM

Whatever this storm was, it was obviously time to move on, Luster was too weak to fight anything that could do this. Luster began moving west, away from the cloud and whatever destruction it brought.
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted May 31, 2011 11:34 PM

Dran stood, watching the humanoid and lion. He frowned, rubbing his left arm. He shook off some of the water that he had gotten drenched with for a moment, then returned to his observational staring. They have gotten close.

"Time to act."

Dran darted out, tackling the lion.
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted May 31, 2011 11:54 PM

The lion did not hesitate in turning it's attention to Dran.  It swipes at him, doing minor damage ((-1 hp)).  It's former prey stops, ready to take on the lion also.  As Dran touched the lion, he could feel the bond take place, and he knew that he could now summon one if he chose.

About that time, Luster shambles onto the scene.  The storm stops at the edge of the oasis, and the forest is replaced by a jungle.  Whatever ((or perhaps whoever)) caused the storm, it appears to be responsible for the chaos of places switching.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted June 01, 2011 12:12 AM

"Grrr. Painful things."

Dran carefully watches the lion. Another attack would not be ideal. The connection with it seemed a strange thing, but welcome. He quickly glanced around, taking in the position of things. A new arrival!? Good or bad? He was unsure.

"Rah! Run! Sheep!?" He wasn't sure it was the best of plans, or if the humanoid would even follow his one-word statements, but Dran turned, running for the sheep. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with them, but they may be useful anyway. Bait, transport, or something else.
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 01, 2011 12:32 AM

Luster sighs (as well as a creature without any real lungs can "Sigh" at least). So another one survived? Might complicate things... Hopefully for the better. It quickly took note of the creatures around and saw the lion... And all those tasty-looking sheep. Quickly, it ran to one end of the flock and shooed them towards the lion, making hissing noises to scare the easily frightened animals and waving its oddly shaped fungus arms.
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted June 01, 2011 12:36 AM

Between the two of them, they manage to get the sheep between them and the Lion..who immediately decides. "Hey free lunch!", and takes the easier path to food.  While it is busy making a meal of the lamb, the Kithkin comes up to her saviors.

"A thousand thanks!" she makes some sort of motion, which seems to be some sort of greeting, blessing, or thanks...hard to tell which. "The creatures of this area are not usually this agressive..something has been affecting them with madness lately!"
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 01, 2011 12:42 AM

"It wasss... No problem?" Luster said, remembering the basics of vocal language.

to the other plains walker, he sends the telepathic message, -It is oh so much easier to speak like this. Hello. Who are you?-
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted June 01, 2011 12:46 AM

"You are very much welcome, Miss...um...And thank you for your help...whatever you are." Dran speaks to the one, then turning to the other. He was feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Madness, huh? Good thing it did not affect the sheep, or I would have been in trouble," Dran chuckles to himself. "Anything else happened out of the ordinary?"
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted June 01, 2011 12:49 AM

She thinks.  "I am a diviner, so odd to me may not be odd to all..but a man did fall from the sky..landed in a swamp nearby.."

In Lusters mind - Are you sure he can hear you?  Not all have the gift. -
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 01, 2011 12:54 AM

Luster was genuinely surprised. -He is a plainswalker, or some other kind of magic wielder of great power, so yes. He should be able to talk with us. You can, can't you?- This Kithkin speaking to it... the fungus hadn't actually talked with things other than elves or its own kind for eighty, no, ninety years. -So then, are you a druid?- Luster felt some kind of magical energy inside of itself built up, -And do you think that we should summon... Protection?-
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted June 01, 2011 01:01 AM
Edited by Mytical at 01:02, 01 Jun 2011.

- I am not sure what a ... plainswalker is, but I am a diviner, a mystic of my people...I see and know things that others do not.  As for protection, as I said the animals of this area have gotten..agressive.  I am not sure what protection you have in mind, but it might be a good idea -
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted June 01, 2011 01:04 AM

"A man in a swamp, you say? Well, maybe we should go have a look then. Lead the way. We will help how we can."
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted June 01, 2011 01:11 AM

"Yesss... We will... Go... But wait one... Minute." Luster tapped into this energy that it had felt, using it to activate the one spell it still knew. As the fungus came into being it nodded. -Now, let us go.-
____________
"GNOMES GET OUT OF MY BRAIN"
-Adrius

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted June 01, 2011 01:13 AM

"That Jungle just got dropped by a Chaos Storm, they have been a little more frequent then usual.  We will have to pass through it, and I will be honest I do not know my way around in it.  As long as we go straight, however..and there has not been another chaos storm..we should be to the Swamp by mid eve."
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted June 01, 2011 01:17 AM

"Ah! Splendid! You are...Oh, I will just do something similar." Dran taps into his mana, calling forth Abu Ja'far.
____________
I'll take green stars, thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 2 pages long: (1) 2 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0453 seconds