Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [HotA] Recruitment point. Get (black) spotted!
Thread: [HotA] Recruitment point. Get (black) spotted!
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 12, 2014 04:05 PM
Edited by nik312 at 16:16, 12 Aug 2014.

[HotA] Recruitment point. Get (black) spotted!



HotA Crew is often asked if we need any kind of help - some kind of donation maybe or even new people? Well, HotA is a non-commercial project, so we do not accept any kind of financial support. However, some direct help in development could actually come in handy.

So, here we are - finally answering those questions and speaking a bit more specifically about what kind of people we might need. The list below introduces most hot vacancies in HotA Crew and provides some basic requirements on those.

There are two quite obvious general requirements: an understanding of project HotA conception and a strong enthusiasm.

1) 3D modeler
Experience with Autodesk 3Ds Max or another 3D-modelling software, skills of handling high-polygonal static models, intuitive understanding of Heroes III graphical style. Skills of animating are highly welcomed.

2) 2d Artist
Skills of working with Adobe Photoshop or other graphical editors on advanced level. Experience with pixel art and of handling low-rez graphics. Intuitive understanding of Heroes III graphical style. Design skills and understanding of interface ergonomics are welcomed.

3) Editor/Writer.
The obvious requirement is to handle the language well enough. Some previous experience in making publications, descriptions or news is quite welcomed, but most important here are two general requirements we have spoken of above. A strong enthusiasm and some understanding of where and how HotA is going.

4) The coverage on the Net.
Here you must understand some very basic principles of how PR works on the Internet, you should, obviously, handle the language well enough and probably have some experience of adressing the large audience. And again those general requirements above are quite critical.

5) Programmer.
Skills of creating C++ GUI applications for Windows. Preferably experience of creating complicated network applications. Some experience in reverse-engineering Heroes3 exe file is also welcome.

All those wanting to apply for any of those vacancies are welcome to contact us via E-mail hotacrew@gmail.com or right in this thread.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
whitebeard
whitebeard


Adventuring Hero
posted August 15, 2014 05:19 PM

Hello Horn of the Abyss Team! My name is Jonathon and I am an up and coming 3D Artist currently in my third year of study for a degree in animation. I am a big fan of the Horn of the Abyss Project and would love to help if any is needed. I specialise in 3D environment modelling but also have a lot of experience with pixel art. I have linked some examples to my work below. Thanks for reading and hope to see more awesome Heroes updates in the future

My Heroes 3 Town

RPG Maker Game

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 19, 2014 08:16 PM

whitebeard said:
Hello Horn of the Abyss Team! My name is Jonathon and I am an up and coming 3D Artist currently in my third year of study for a degree in animation. I am a big fan of the Horn of the Abyss Project and would love to help if any is needed. I specialise in 3D environment modelling but also have a lot of experience with pixel art. I have linked some examples to my work below. Thanks for reading and hope to see more awesome Heroes updates in the future

My Heroes 3 Town

RPG Maker Game


Sent you a PM

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Drake
Drake


Hired Hero
Love and Peace!
posted August 20, 2014 01:30 AM

I can consider myself a great writer. In fact I am a perfectionist when it comes to grammar and writing, my handwriting isn't that good though However the only publications I've made have been of poetry, short stories scattered across the internet (Mostly Facebook), as well as many creative conversations. I'm very enthusiastic and I do have (some) understanding of where HotA is going. I'd probably make a good PR as well, though I'm only half-certain as I have only manipulated crowd psychology in person. I expect nothing from the developers if I can help, for helping is all I want to do
____________
~Drake Lyon~

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 20, 2014 06:42 PM

Drake said:
I can consider myself a great writer. In fact I am a perfectionist when it comes to grammar and writing, my handwriting isn't that good though However the only publications I've made have been of poetry, short stories scattered across the internet (Mostly Facebook), as well as many creative conversations. I'm very enthusiastic and I do have (some) understanding of where HotA is going. I'd probably make a good PR as well, though I'm only half-certain as I have only manipulated crowd psychology in person. I expect nothing from the developers if I can help, for helping is all I want to do


Sent you a PM as well

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Enrothian Conservative Party
posted September 05, 2014 05:18 PM

I could help with music but it seems you have that covered when I listen to the Cove theme

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ydalgo
Ydalgo

Tavern Dweller
posted October 10, 2014 12:40 PM

I offer to Translate to Spanish FrontEnd web or parts of the game, although I do not speak English, I use language translators.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
naj_titanlover
naj_titanlover

Tavern Dweller
posted December 13, 2014 06:53 AM

hey guys im new here! and i could help out with the 2d art if needed.. im good at concept art.. and have zbrush knowledge too.. mainly character design..

Also im stuck on collecting the cornucopia level.. where is it n what am i looking for?? >.< lol

You guys are awesome btw!

- Naj


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LazyScrub
LazyScrub

Tavern Dweller
posted December 28, 2014 02:58 PM

C# Programmer looking to help out

Hey, budding C# programmer here, got experience with Windows Form applications, testing and some troubleshooting. Don't know if you need more programmers but I'll gladly help out since I both love the game and want to practice programming "for real".

Got fairly plenty of time and a will to learn, and naturally I've played a snow-ton of HotA so I know what I'm getting into!

PM me or reply and I'll send you my email if you need any help whatsoever!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted January 23, 2015 11:31 AM

naj_titanlover said:
hey guys im new here! and i could help out with the 2d art if needed.. im good at concept art.. and have zbrush knowledge too.. mainly character design..

Also im stuck on collecting the cornucopia level.. where is it n what am i looking for?? >.< lol

You guys are awesome btw!

- Naj





Oh, I've found the place where I still haven't tried to contact you). If you are still around - check your PM on HC please

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
husham123
husham123


Famous Hero
Peace Maker
posted March 22, 2015 10:22 AM
Edited by husham123 at 17:13, 22 Mar 2015.

I like the idea,and i saw that you made it true.I want to help.
At least making the game go to other versions,and helping a bit,even if that's all i can do
I would choose one of those:

1) 3D modeler
Experience with Autodesk 3Ds Max or another 3D-modelling software, skills of handling high-polygonal static models,
intuitive understanding of Heroes III graphical style. Skills of animating are highly welcomed.

2) Editor/Writer.
The obvious requirement is to handle the language well enough. Some previous experience in making publications,
descriptions or news is quite welcomed, but most important here are two general requirements we have spoken of above.
A strong enthusiasm and some understanding of where and how HotA is going.

3) The coverage on the Net.
Here you must understand some very basic principles of how PR works on the Internet,
you should, obviously, handle the language well enough and probably have some experience of adressing the large audience.
And again those general requirements above are quite critical.

Well,i would sure choose Editor/Writer (and maybe translating this version to Romanian too,because there are lots of peoples waiting the release in Romania),or The coverage on the Net (again,i would make this info go far to the Romanians,and make an official news blog,where i could say News,and Info around the Net)
And i may like someone help me with developing 3d Max,because i only have the basics,witch is not needed here.

Either,good job too,and make it better,and make it go to the next version
Hope i could help how much earlyer possible,because i like the project,and even the first version looked interesting.
And i may like to help developing the Campaign Editor

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted March 26, 2015 10:29 AM

husham123 said:
I like the idea,and i saw that you made it true.I want to help.
At least making the game go to other versions,and helping a bit,even if that's all i can do
I would choose one of those:

1) 3D modeler
Experience with Autodesk 3Ds Max or another 3D-modelling software, skills of handling high-polygonal static models,
intuitive understanding of Heroes III graphical style. Skills of animating are highly welcomed.

2) Editor/Writer.
The obvious requirement is to handle the language well enough. Some previous experience in making publications,
descriptions or news is quite welcomed, but most important here are two general requirements we have spoken of above.
A strong enthusiasm and some understanding of where and how HotA is going.

3) The coverage on the Net.
Here you must understand some very basic principles of how PR works on the Internet,
you should, obviously, handle the language well enough and probably have some experience of adressing the large audience.
And again those general requirements above are quite critical.

Well,i would sure choose Editor/Writer (and maybe translating this version to Romanian too,because there are lots of peoples waiting the release in Romania),or The coverage on the Net (again,i would make this info go far to the Romanians,and make an official news blog,where i could say News,and Info around the Net)
And i may like someone help me with developing 3d Max,because i only have the basics,witch is not needed here.

Either,good job too,and make it better,and make it go to the next version
Hope i could help how much earlyer possible,because i like the project,and even the first version looked interesting.
And i may like to help developing the Campaign Editor


Sent you a PM

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
PawnR
PawnR

Tavern Dweller
posted May 24, 2015 08:29 AM

Hello. I have sent an email to hotacrew@gmail.com. Please check it out. Thank you

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RealLifeCheate
RealLifeCheate

Tavern Dweller
posted August 01, 2015 11:37 PM

Want to join the band ;)

Dear Hota Team,

i write to you as an addicted, uncurable Heroes of might and magic junkie. I started with 1, followed by 2 succession wards and spent my life on 3 while others played wow (kidding^^).

I would strongly like to support you, altough i am no programmer.
Maybe my language skills can help you:

German / French (native) and English on a strong business level .

I am very good on adressing audiences, large audiencences (yes i am one of these business guys in suits [can't tell anyone i am addicted to heroes^^].

Therefore i am highly motivated to help you (do you require google Analytics / AdWords? It's my speciality).

Thank you very much, looking forward to hear from you.

Heroes-Junkie

____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted August 17, 2015 10:24 PM

RealLifeCheate said:
Dear Hota Team,

i write to you as an addicted, uncurable Heroes of might and magic junkie. I started with 1, followed by 2 succession wards and spent my life on 3 while others played wow (kidding^^).

I would strongly like to support you, altough i am no programmer.
Maybe my language skills can help you:

German / French (native) and English on a strong business level .

I am very good on adressing audiences, large audiencences (yes i am one of these business guys in suits [can't tell anyone i am addicted to heroes^^].

Therefore i am highly motivated to help you (do you require google Analytics / AdWords? It's my speciality).

Thank you very much, looking forward to hear from you.

Heroes-Junkie



Sent you a PM

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jboisseau0512
Jboisseau0512

Tavern Dweller
posted October 05, 2015 04:52 AM

nik312 said:


HotA Crew is often asked if we need any kind of help - some kind of donation maybe or even new people? Well, HotA is a non-commercial project, so we do not accept any kind of financial support. However, some direct help in development could actually come in handy.

So, here we are - finally answering those questions and speaking a bit more specifically about what kind of people we might need. The list below introduces most hot vacancies in HotA Crew and provides some basic requirements on those.

There are two quite obvious general requirements: an understanding of project HotA conception and a strong enthusiasm.



3) Editor/Writer.
The obvious requirement is to handle the language well enough. Some previous experience in making publications, descriptions or news is quite welcomed, but most important here are two general requirements we have spoken of above. A strong enthusiasm and some understanding of where and how HotA is going.


All those wanting to apply for any of those vacancies are welcome to contact us via E-mail hotacrew@gmail.com or right in this thread.

I would love to help in the progress of HotA if you are still looking for help with the project, also I can beta test the game and try to recreate crashes and send crash logs. Thank you!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ShEv441
ShEv441


Hired Hero
posted September 05, 2016 12:58 PM

Hi. I'm big fan of your project and Heroes in general. I would like to help in development. Unfortunately I am not familiar with 3d / 2d graphic programs. I am quite good mapmaker though. I could make a re-make of classic h3 campaigns into HotA. Basic diffrences would be:

 - all unlocked straight from menu
 - unlocked level difficulty
 - boosted chances for computer
The main problem of RoE campaigns was ridiculously low challange. Even 5 year old could pass this maps without the problem. Enable to play on impossible lvl and removing some limits like fact that computer can't build town hall or tavern in many maps would bring fun back. The goal is to make campaigns easy to win on 80% rating, hard to win on 200%.
 
 - added HotA features like, new terrain objects, artifact, dwellings, banks and monsters.

Are you interested?

Also I wanted to make my own campaigns few years back. That project got to dead end, but some maps remained and it could be quite easy converted into single scenarios. Ofcourse also filled with Horn's additions.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll Post New Topic Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0614 seconds