Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: Enhanced Magic Skills Mods
Thread: Enhanced Magic Skills Mods This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 · «PREV
robizeratul
robizeratul


Known Hero
posted October 30, 2018 04:45 PM

been a while since I checked this out. Really happy you are still working on it!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bloodsucker
bloodsucker


Legendary Hero
posted November 03, 2018 08:17 PM

RerryR said:

- Added options for neutral stacks to grow beyond 4000 and up to 10000 or 50000. Theoretically also unlimited growth is possible.

Wow, pretty interesting mod. Thank you very much.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted November 03, 2018 08:38 PM

Let me guess, people will have a crush for necro faction, I guess?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 03, 2018 11:23 PM

Salamandre said:
Let me guess, people will have a crush for necro faction, I guess?


All these juice corpses, who wouldn't

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zxypher
Zxypher

Tavern Dweller
posted November 04, 2018 04:42 AM
Edited by Zxypher at 08:08, 04 Nov 2018.

Hello, I'm having a bug which I think may be related to one of your mods but to be honest I'm not totally sure. I'm playing a castle game with Loynis (Prayer specialist) and everything was working fine until suddenly my Prayer spell started costing 1024 Mana...I'm running many of your spell scaling mods and have adjusted my load order a few times and tried reloading scripts and nothing has fixed it. I also noticed this happened once before with the Bless Specialist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and the awesome mods.

Edit: Ok so I took off my Tome of Water and put it back on and the mana went back to normal but now it reduces my units attributes instead of enhancing them.

Edit 2: Ok I did nothing but the bug is back now it costs 8192 Mana to cast Prayer lol.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2018 10:11 AM

Zxypher said:
Hello, I'm having a bug which I think may be related to one of your mods but to be honest I'm not totally sure. I'm playing a castle game with Loynis (Prayer specialist) and everything was working fine until suddenly my Prayer spell started costing 1024 Mana...I'm running many of your spell scaling mods and have adjusted my load order a few times and tried reloading scripts and nothing has fixed it. I also noticed this happened once before with the Bless Specialist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and the awesome mods.

Edit: Ok so I took off my Tome of Water and put it back on and the mana went back to normal but now it reduces my units attributes instead of enhancing them.

Edit 2: Ok I did nothing but the bug is back now it costs 8192 Mana to cast Prayer lol.


Good Morning,

I think we can fix that. Open your Mods folder and copy paste the list.txt which you find at the bottom of the folder so we have the same mods active.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zxypher
Zxypher

Tavern Dweller
posted November 04, 2018 10:28 AM

RerryR said:


Good Morning,

I think we can fix that. Open your Mods folder and copy paste the list.txt which you find at the bottom of the folder so we have the same mods active.


[code]
WoG
Upgradable Silos
Mentoring
Underground fixed
Invited Tavern-en
Hero Advanced Level Up
XXL
Improved Spells
Remember Spells
Mystik Skill Enhancement
Magic Artillery
Luck Skill Enhancement
Intelligence Bonus 2
Intelligence Bonus
Improved Logistics
Critical Sorcery
Empowered Spells
Magic Specialists
Scaling Magic
[/code]

Odd those aren't the order I have them in the MM, not sure if that matters. Still new to this. Hope that helps.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2018 10:38 AM

Okay thx, strange gets the order right here ar my side.
Looks like this for me:

WoG
WoG Revised
WoG PLUS
Yona
Heroes 2 Objects
New Objects Patch
Secondary Skills Scrolling
Morn battlefields
Fast Battle Animation
[INTERFACE] Upgrade ALL
Daily quick save
ERA scripts Eng3
Crimson and Clover XL
New Upgrades
ReMagic Eng 1.2
Sorcery damage buff
Critical Sorcery
Magic Specialists
Extra Cast Script
Magic Weeks
Spell Trainer
Improved Spells
Magic Artillery
Mystik Skill Enhancement
Improved Logistics
Intelligence Bonus 2
Remember Spells
Intelligence Bonus

Anyway, only suggestion here I have is to use WoG Revised (some original WoG scripts with fixes). Not totally sure if it is necessary with the new ERA 2.7 but i think so. Ah and use the newest ERA 2.7 if possible.
I will start a game with Loynis and see if anything happens. I might ask you to sent me your save game in a minute

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zxypher
Zxypher

Tavern Dweller
posted November 04, 2018 10:59 AM
Edited by Zxypher at 11:02, 04 Nov 2018.

RerryR said:
Okay thx, strange gets the order right here ar my side.
Looks like this for me:

WoG
WoG Revised
WoG PLUS
Yona
Heroes 2 Objects
New Objects Patch
Secondary Skills Scrolling
Morn battlefields
Fast Battle Animation
[INTERFACE] Upgrade ALL
Daily quick save
ERA scripts Eng3
Crimson and Clover XL
New Upgrades
ReMagic Eng 1.2
Sorcery damage buff
Critical Sorcery
Magic Specialists
Extra Cast Script
Magic Weeks
Spell Trainer
Improved Spells
Magic Artillery
Mystik Skill Enhancement
Improved Logistics
Intelligence Bonus 2
Remember Spells
Intelligence Bonus

Anyway, only suggestion here I have is to use WoG Revised (some original WoG scripts with fixes). Not totally sure if it is necessary with the new ERA 2.7 but i think so. Ah and use the newest ERA 2.7 if possible.
I will start a game with Loynis and see if anything happens. I might ask you to sent me your save game in a minute


Thank you for your help. I'm using 2.7.7 IIRC. Would I have to restart if I turned on WoG Revised? I have it installed but disabled it because I was getting errors sometimes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2018 11:03 AM
Edited by RerryR at 11:05, 04 Nov 2018.

Yeah you need a restart of H3 if you add a Mod. WoG Revised mod shouldn't give you errors.
I cannot reproduce the situation here, so please sent me your save game, i think its the fastest way.

Edit: and because you asked, Mod order does matter but as long as you put WoG first (at the bottom) you should be fine

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zxypher
Zxypher

Tavern Dweller
posted November 04, 2018 11:08 AM

RerryR said:
Yeah you need a restart of H3 if you add a Mod. WoG Revised mod shouldn't give you errors.
I cannot reproduce the situation here, so please sent me your save game, i think its the fastest way.

Edit: and because you asked, Mod order does matter but as long as you put WoG first (at the bottom) you should be fine


Oh see that's good to know. I had it backwards. I thought the top-most mod had priority in the MM. Whoops. Bugged File That is a save from when it was broken for me since it randomly fixes and breaks.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2018 01:17 PM
Edited by RerryR at 16:22, 04 Nov 2018.

To be honest I don't know what messed up the spell costs. Maybe it was the Mod order (the good thing is I can always say that  when you start your next game orientate at the Mod Order i use, WoG at bottom rest above)

If you want to finish your game (it's actually a nice one) we can fix the spell costs on the fly.

Open ERM editor and load the file Scaling Magic.erm go to line 121
and insert like this:

!!SS48:Ey83/?y48;
!!SS48:Cy83/12; Set spell costs back to normal  Add this line
!!SS48:Ey83/3; Set power back to normal      Add this line
!!VRy90&y86>=0:S0; !!VRy90&y86>=30:S1; !!VRy90&y86>=40:S2; !!VRy90&y86>=60:S3; !!VRy90&y86>=100:S4;
!!VRy48:+y90;

Save and Exit ERM editor. Start your game with the same mods you started and load your save. Press F12 ingame. You should get no errors and on the bottom left corner of your screens something should pop up.
Now open your spellbook with Right Click once or twice. Then save your game and Exit H3. Start again and load your save.
No all should be back to normal.
We will leave the fix in place for the rest of the game. So it doesn't mess up again. But delete it if you start a new game.

In general, you are walking undiscovered territory here with this mod combination (Magic Specialists and Scaling Magic).

It would be great if you could keep me informed if more bad things happen, especially the equip/unequip book thing. I couldn't reproduce it but who knows. This can ofc be a killer if it messes up your stats.  


Edit:
okay, I found it, bug sneaked in in V1.5 you can redownload.

Fix for Magic Specialists v1.52:
- Fixed a bug from V1.5 which could increase the Spell Costs for non-damaging spell specialists
- Fix if used together with Critical Sorcery Mod that prevents the Book set to give wrong Hero stats after combat


slowly and steadily we are getting closer... ^^

Update Critical Sorcery v2.02:
- Fix if used together with Magic Specialists Mod that prevents the Book set to give wrong Hero stats after combat
- Fix complete Book set now actually gives experience
- Fix Book set experience bonus overflow with very high hero levels


@Zxypher so this should solve all your problems for now. If you wanna continue your game replace the old versions and press F12 in-game. Save and Exit. Restart to get descriptions back.
You're welcome

https://goo.gl/G5dFhK

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zxypher
Zxypher

Tavern Dweller
posted November 04, 2018 09:05 PM
Edited by Zxypher at 21:15, 04 Nov 2018.

Wow you're awesome, thank you for your hard work.

Edit: Tried the new versions and followed your instructions for continuing my game but I'm getting an out of memory error when I F12 Oh noes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted November 04, 2018 09:50 PM
Edited by RerryR at 17:33, 01 Dec 2018.

Zxypher said:
Wow you're awesome, thank you for your hard work.

Edit: Tried the new versions and followed your instructions for continuing my game but I'm getting an out of memory error when I F12 Oh noes.


Out of Memory error?, I don't know what that is.

Did you use the same mod order and mods as when you started your game?
(I could Press F12 in your save game without problems)

If that doesn't help I would say get a clean mod order, use WoG Revised and start a new game.  

Edit: I sent you a PM


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Known Hero
posted December 01, 2018 05:33 PM
Edited by RerryR at 17:34, 01 Dec 2018.

Two new updates from my side

Neutral Units Difficulty

Update 1.7:
- Added the Battle Commander Option
- removed debug line which gave an unnecessary message at week start

Battle Commander explanation:
The Battle Commander option (if activated) gives a chance that a neutral stack is guarded by a tough Commander. If you defeat this commander you get an extra reward from the fight. The reward can be resources, experience or a primary skill.
The chance to encounter the Battle Commander starts when your hero reaches level 10 and is around 20%. The chance for the commander to appear is greater if your hero has a higher level.
The damage and health of the commander depends on the strength of your army, the level of your hero and some more things. So don't expect it to be easier at higher levels.
The strength of the Commander is subject to change and I cannot guarantee that at a certain point it will be easy as cake or a reload party anyway, it should make playing a bit more interesting.



Updated Critical Sorcery Mod to v.2.1

- New Statue of Legion Set Bonus
- New Cornucopia Set Bonus
- New Ancient Spyglass Set (Scouting Set)
- Compatibility with Luck Skill Enhancement Mod (I mean the description for the three artifacts, update both Mods)

This was probably the last update regarding new sets/artifacts, its pretty much finished and I like the outcome.

My next project is probably the Master/Grandmaster level for secondary skills.


https://goo.gl/G5dFhK

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0570 seconds