Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: Heroes VII bugs and balancing issues - version 1.6
Thread: Heroes VII bugs and balancing issues - version 1.6 This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · «PREV
Articun
Articun


Supreme Hero
As i dream, so shall it be!
posted January 18, 2016 11:28 AM

I think Vitality ability from novice Defence also doesn't work. At least during combat it doesn't show on the unit or the hero as active buffs. But i may be wrong. Though, i think that all buffs or active abilities affecting units should show on the battle

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
A8T
A8T


Adventuring Hero
posted January 18, 2016 01:09 PM

gomaki said:
A8T said:
Anyone had Bugs with artifacts so far? I am on Academy map 4 and I find most my artifacts some be disappearing every time I try to change what I have equip. In fact the quest important artifact has even vanished meaning I can not complete this mission


Hey..All issues with Artifacts (potentially causing crashes, duping, not giving stats when changing them) has been fixed in the next patch. There was a chance that they could change the IP of the artifact which causes all sorts of nonsense. Fail safe has been added now so this can never happen.

Thanks for the constant reports and support with these threads as well. I have used this a lot for the next patch to polish everything and outright fix other stuff.


Excellent. Any ETA of when we should expect the patch? It just a question of whether I should simply wait for the patch or use the commands to get the Flower of Dolor back into the inventory myself.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gomaki
gomaki

Shaper of Lore
Community Manager, Limbic Ent.
posted January 18, 2016 01:13 PM

A8T said:
gomaki said:
A8T said:
Anyone had Bugs with artifacts so far? I am on Academy map 4 and I find most my artifacts some be disappearing every time I try to change what I have equip. In fact the quest important artifact has even vanished meaning I can not complete this mission


Hey..All issues with Artifacts (potentially causing crashes, duping, not giving stats when changing them) has been fixed in the next patch. There was a chance that they could change the IP of the artifact which causes all sorts of nonsense. Fail safe has been added now so this can never happen.

Thanks for the constant reports and support with these threads as well. I have used this a lot for the next patch to polish everything and outright fix other stuff.


Excellent. Any ETA of when we should expect the patch? It just a question of whether I should simply wait for the patch or use the commands to get the Flower of Dolor back into the inventory myself.


For right now if you want to progress sooner rather than later use a cheat to put it into the inventory. The patch isn't too far off, but far enough that waiting doesn't make sense for something like this.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RedPanties
RedPanties

Tavern Dweller
posted January 18, 2016 01:32 PM

Vitality works. I clearly remember my green dragons had 578 hp. Their base hp is 500 * 1.15 (15% increase from GM earth) + 3hp = 578 hp

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Articun
Articun


Supreme Hero
As i dream, so shall it be!
posted January 18, 2016 01:47 PM

RedPanties said:
Vitality works. I clearly remember my green dragons had 578 hp. Their base hp is 500 * 1.15 (15% increase from GM earth) + 3hp = 578 hp


Ok, thanx for that. So i'll just propose that we can see all active buffs, spells, abilities affecting hero and units on the right click screen then.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
A8T
A8T


Adventuring Hero
posted January 18, 2016 03:44 PM

gomaki said:
A8T said:
gomaki said:
A8T said:
Anyone had Bugs with artifacts so far? I am on Academy map 4 and I find most my artifacts some be disappearing every time I try to change what I have equip. In fact the quest important artifact has even vanished meaning I can not complete this mission


Hey..All issues with Artifacts (potentially causing crashes, duping, not giving stats when changing them) has been fixed in the next patch. There was a chance that they could change the IP of the artifact which causes all sorts of nonsense. Fail safe has been added now so this can never happen.

Thanks for the constant reports and support with these threads as well. I have used this a lot for the next patch to polish everything and outright fix other stuff.


Excellent. Any ETA of when we should expect the patch? It just a question of whether I should simply wait for the patch or use the commands to get the Flower of Dolor back into the inventory myself.


For right now if you want to progress sooner rather than later use a cheat to put it into the inventory. The patch isn't too far off, but far enough that waiting doesn't make sense for something like this.


Ok gave the cheat window a try and sadly no option to spawn artifacts? Is there any other windows that do this?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted January 22, 2016 01:20 PM
Edited by ChrisD1 at 13:22, 22 Jan 2016.

lets try and settle for the minimum of the abilities that can change with the easiest way possible(no active ones for example).
the focus here is to brainstorm and generate ideas. to find the golden line of a refreshing approach with the least amount of trouble for the devs given their capabilities.
sarcastic comments, doomsday comments is smth we all heard before,zillion times so please go write them in your journal and masturbate to look at them or whatever makes you feel better.

Dungeon
-Tracker: could use only a portion of armor breaking attack thingy.
-Medusa: how about a lowing initiative attack on both units and the incapacitating attack on the upgraded one so you have a good reason upgrading?
-Strider: his abilities are ok, but for a saboteur he needs more defense i think.
-Minotaur: this guy can never get flanked and if you try to do that to him he flanks you. EVERY TIME. Bad implementation of the flanking system to be honest. But that pre-retaliation attack could go on the upgraded unit and the basic unit could do with no retaliation or increased morale.

Sylvan
-Sundeer: how about a jumping through obstacles passive and less supporting? it can still give you some morale or luck but not both.
it could give the deer some reason to be an attacker since it has the best stats out of sylvan's elites.
-Blade dancer: not happy with vigilance but the upgraded unit has a nice ability so I really don't know about this one.

Academy
-Golem: unfettered? it makes sense but still I preferred the H3 ability of theirs (20% less damage from spells). made them more tough.
-Apprentice:  his nova ability should be used only once, it's too broken.

Necropolis
-Skeletons: they could use unfettered but that would make them super strong. BUT necromancy racial has changed in the new patch so we'll just wait and see.
-Ghosts: come on vigilance again?????? this unit screams for Incorporeality! 15% resistance to physical attacks please!!!
-vampires: once again vigilance.... a "no retaliation" would be nice but vigilance can work too i guess if only the ghost gets incorporeality at last!!

Stronghold
ugh stronghold! i've always hated this one.
-Brutes: unfettered -.- their H6 abiity was awesome (attack increases per hit they take up to 4 points) if they had lower stats in this game, else they would be OP.
-Gnolls: opportunity shot could be tweaked to trigger if the enemy is near them only. or not? I dunno.
-Wyvern: it's a mini green dragon! how about no? just remove the resistance to earth, keep acid spit and give it more hp and defense and be done with regeneration.

Haven
it's really well thought out i think. the legionnaires need less moving speed (as in less space they can move)
as for the cavaliers (don't remember the weird name) their incapacitation attack is too much since they have charge already.
remove  charge for the basic unit and make charge the desired ability of the upgraded one, since they are the strongest elite in haven.

So 14 abilties can change with a passive one and make the units feel slightly more unique.
about the units' stats  I'm too much of a casual player to make a a list like that so somebody else should make a list and get to a final set of numbers so we can hand them out to the dev team.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted January 22, 2016 08:07 PM
Edited by Maurice at 20:08, 22 Jan 2016.

ChrisD1 said:

-Sundeer: how about a jumping through obstacles passive and less supporting? it can still give you some morale or luck but not both.
it could give the deer some reason to be an attacker since it has the best stats out of sylvan's elites.


How about making the Moon Doe and the Sun Deer of roughly equal strength and allowing the player to switch between them (in a Town that has the upgrade building for it) at either a small expense or at no cost at all? So you can "upgrade" Moon Doe to Sun Deer, and Sun Deer to Moon Doe, ad infinitum.

When building the creature dwelling, the player gets to choose between either starting as Sun Deer or as Moon Doe; the upgrade offers the building that wasn't selected initially.

Then make the Moon Doe strong in a Magic direction, with abilities that conform to this role and make the Sun Deer the Might counterpart. Give the player the choice whether they want an Elite in the Magic corner or in the Might corner. Basically, it's an alternate upgrade this way, with the base creature missing and the possibility to exchange between the two forms. Gives the faction something unique.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
lordgraa
lordgraa


Promising
Famous Hero
The Whisperer
posted January 23, 2016 08:57 PM

Bug: Using Implosion spell close to walls during siege causes units to be "dragged" through walls. You can easily drag & drop enemy units from the safety of walls.

Bug: Reinforcements are permanent (as of patch 1.6) so your army is slowly but surely growing to crazy numbers (5k+ cores). Necromancy is nothing against this neat bug
____________
World of Heroes (Czech fansite)
Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer (H7 community project)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
The_Green_Drag
The_Green_Drag


Supreme Hero
posted January 28, 2016 05:06 PM

My internet is skrewing up lately so I figured Id try a game of heroes 7 (one of two games I have installed atm that don't require a connection) playing necropolis as Naadir. In case you dont know, Naadir is one of the new heroes with the special: Whenever a friendly Ghost or Banshee kills at least one creature in a stack that isn't undead or construct, add one to your stack.

Thought it might spice things up a bit. Add a little game within the game to see how many free ghosts I could gather...what i got was an entirely different game....

Another mind-blowing round of BUG OR FEATURE!?!?

Based on the broad description I figured I would get a free ghost/Banshee every time they kill one in an enemy stack, Including retaliations and what not, but that was not the case. At first it seemed like there was a limit of one per battle, until I got two in one battle thus canceling that theory. Later I was almost sure if I got a lucky strike that it would not raise a ghost, until it actually did a few battles later. Now I am certain there seems to be some kind of hidden dice roll that decides whether my ghostly friend will add one to its stack after scoring a kill. Still, I am unsure whether this is an intended way of doing things or just another bug. My mind was blown and could not continue to play...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
lordgraa
lordgraa


Promising
Famous Hero
The Whisperer
posted January 29, 2016 09:43 AM

Battle Garb of the Griffin (Set Bonus) - Heal

Anyone figured out how to actualy "heal/resurrect" by this ability given to your hero with full set? Or it is yet another bug/feature?
____________
World of Heroes (Czech fansite)
Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer (H7 community project)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
A8T
A8T


Adventuring Hero
posted January 31, 2016 09:42 PM

Another campaign bug, this time in Stronghold map 3.

Spoilers ahead!


After you capture the Haven town (Castleroc), you get your own Orc town. You fight the first Academy Scout (Ajit), no problem. Aali spawns, you fight her and Asad's Dialog with Imani appears at the start of combat. Winning this fight ends them map with victory, premature victory as Imani is supposed to reappear to fight Asad and a few more heroes are supposed to spawn in between (meaning although I get past the map I miss out on valuble XP meaning I start the final map only on lvl 15).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RollingWave
RollingWave


Adventuring Hero
posted March 14, 2016 04:21 PM

ack

Dive is stilled bug for me in mission, same old stuff, you dive they come down and either don't do damage or do damage and then lock up the game as they don't come back down.

How the hell do you manage to have Griffin dive not work in not one, but *2* strait Heroes games is beyond me.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted September 25, 2016 04:33 PM

Since we've advanced well beyond version 1.6 by now, I am going to unsticky this one.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 6 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0444 seconds