Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Modders Workshop > Thread: [NCF Based]NCF Power Calculator - Software
Thread: [NCF Based]NCF Power Calculator - Software This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV
Psatkha
Psatkha


Promising
Known Hero
H5 MODder
posted June 29, 2012 07:17 AM

Quote:
Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument
--------------------------------------
I get this error sometimes when opening up random creature .xdb files, here's an example of a file I get that error with below:

RakshasaKshatri.xdb


Some creatures from "Academy" include non-standard path

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
rpgyay
rpgyay


Known Hero
posted June 29, 2012 03:23 PM
Edited by rpgyay at 15:51, 29 Jun 2012.

I am using NOIADE v0.0.0.43 (latest version) with windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Quote:


Some creatures from "Academy" include non-standard path


Now by non-standard path, which lines in particular might this be and how would I correct this? (if possible) Really I just wanted to load up the creatures to determine power value along with all the other information without putting in all the abilities manually.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
rpgyay
rpgyay


Known Hero
posted June 29, 2012 04:07 PM
Edited by rpgyay at 21:01, 30 Jun 2012.

Run-time error '383':

'Text' property is read-only
________________________________________

This is baffling, I got this message when opening Black_Dragon.xdb which is located on my desktop, I also made sure it wasn't set to read-only, I rebooted and still get the same error.


Edit: It doesn't seem to matter where I move this file, I always receive the same error, there's no indication of anything being set to read-only. Maybe there's something wrong with my installation, I'll try uninstalling, cleaning registry and then reinstalling and maybe this will fix some problems.


Update: Reinstalled and still get the same error, infact as an experiment I just tried to install on a fresh windows 7 ultimate installation on my virtual machine.

Solved: I just found out what caused the read-only error, the speed of the creature was modified to "10" so when it tried to load... it wouldn't go above the maximum value in the combobox which is "9".
_______________________________________
I really hope you can figure out a fix for the Division by zero error, with that error I can't properly calculate power even manually, I think what is causing the error lies within the formula(s), I would like to see no limit on any of the values just so we could get more creative.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
rpgyay
rpgyay


Known Hero
posted July 03, 2012 05:29 PM
Edited by rpgyay at 18:16, 21 Jul 2012.

Any updates on this, are you working on a fix?

Edit: I really appreciate the work you've put into this.

Edit: Another minor bug I've had is that when you close the program it doesn't seem to close itself out, you can still see it loaded in your task manager.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Psatkha
Psatkha


Promising
Known Hero
H5 MODder
posted August 17, 2012 01:57 PM
Edited by Psatkha at 15:43, 17 Aug 2012.

Quote:
I am using NOIADE v0.0.0.43 (latest version) with windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Quote:


Some creatures from "Academy" include non-standard path


Now by non-standard path, which lines in particular might this be and how would I correct this? (if possible) Really I just wanted to load up the creatures to determine power value along with all the other information without putting in all the abilities manually.


For example:

incorrect path in: GameMechanics\Creature\Creatures\Academy\Master_Gremlin.xdb

<MonsterShared href="/MapObjects/Academy/MasterGremlin.xdb#xpointer(/AdvMapMonsterShared)"/>

correct path in: GameMechanics\Creature\Creatures\Haven\Footman.xdb

<MonsterShared href="/MapObjects/Haven/Footman.(AdvMapMonsterShared).xdb#xpointer(/AdvMapMonsterShared)"/>

Unfortunately I was unable to develop the algorithm for this purpose but I'm still trying to do it.

Quote:

I really hope you can figure out a fix for the Division by zero error, with that error I can't properly calculate power even manually, I think what is causing the error lies within the formula(s), I would like to see no limit on any of the values just so we could get more creative.


Show me ALL parametres which give this result.

Quote:

Solved: I just found out what caused the read-only error, the speed of the creature was modified to "10" so when it tried to load... it wouldn't go above the maximum value in the combobox which is "9".



Value of the parameter "Speed" should not exceed a value of "9"!

Quote:

Run-time error '383':

'Text' property is read-only
________________________________________

This is baffling, I got this message when opening Black_Dragon.xdb which is located on my desktop, I also made sure it wasn't set to read-only, I rebooted and still get the same error.


Edit: It doesn't seem to matter where I move this file, I always receive the same error, there's no indication of anything being set to read-only. Maybe there's something wrong with my installation, I'll try uninstalling, cleaning registry and then reinstalling and maybe this will fix some problems.


Update: Reinstalled and still get the same error, infact as an experiment I just tried to install on a fresh windows 7 ultimate installation on my virtual machine.



I have Windows Seven Pro x64 SP1 and I do not have this error - see

Quote:

Another minor bug I've had is that when you close the program it doesn't seem to close itself out, you can still see it loaded in your task manager.



I know but I do not know how to fix it

Quote:

I really appreciate the work you've put into this.



Thank you very much

Quote:

Any updates on this, are you working on a fix?



No ...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0304 seconds