Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: the worst from the best > Factions
Thread: the worst from the best > Factions This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
adriancat
adriancat


Famous Hero
Protector Of The Peace
posted September 28, 2014 11:59 AM

Why there isn't a "None" here in the poll ? I dislike no faction, but I play Inferno and Necro only rarely

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hanzan
Hanzan


Hired Hero
May Sandro rule forever
posted September 28, 2014 12:02 PM

just want to point out that Necropolis still havent gotten a vote yet.
Yeeeeah, undeads rule



on the other side... im glad H7 will not introduce Inferno in the first edition. There is still one vote to go of course, but it doesnt look like Inferno will get much support

____________
Well, I guess you'll have to
kill me. Go on, send me to the
afterlife....

- Markal, Infiltrator of the
Holy Court.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MeanMan
MeanMan


Adventuring Hero
posted September 28, 2014 12:28 PM

ChrisD1 said:
MeanMan said:
Wow, Inferno is really stomping the poll. I have no hopes for the upcoming Dungeon vs Inferno poll anymore.

wait till you see the result of the sylvan line up.



What about it?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
flonembourg
flonembourg


Known Hero
posted September 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Stronghold boring strategy... euh oups i said strategy my bad there is no strategy with babarians just attack attack attack!

The worst factions was H5 stronghold, it was a joke!
Press the wait button and you lose blood rage NO Strategy.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
cleglaw
cleglaw


Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 12:33 PM

i like every faction.. but i have to choose one, i ll go with sylvan. and i dont get hate againts inferno. they had bad gameplay thats all, imho, they got the best concept art in h6.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RMZ1989
RMZ1989


Supreme Hero
posted September 28, 2014 12:39 PM

flonembourg said:
Stronghold boring strategy... euh oups i said strategy my bad there is no strategy with babarians just attack attack attack!

The worst factions was H5 stronghold, it was a joke!
Press the wait button and you lose blood rage NO Strategy.

So because you can't "wait" with Stronghold units without losing Blood Rage there is no strategy?

No comment...
____________
Give a man a mask, and he'll
become his true self.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 28, 2014 12:48 PM
Edited by ChrisD1 at 12:48, 28 Sep 2014.

MeanMan said:
ChrisD1 said:
MeanMan said:
Wow, Inferno is really stomping the poll. I have no hopes for the upcoming Dungeon vs Inferno poll anymore.

wait till you see the result of the sylvan line up.



What about it?

It means that for the billionth time we need to state the obvious:

Heroes community does not represent the majority of heroes players throughout the word!!!!!!!

The fact that most of the people HERE don't like inferno, does not mean that inferno is hopeless in the upcoming poll!!!!!!(if that poll includes inferno at all).
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
cleglaw
cleglaw


Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 01:14 PM
Edited by cleglaw at 13:18, 28 Sep 2014.

imho fury will lose, but im not giving any strong statement about this now, everything can happen.

it will be a good test to see if we are really representing the general fans or not. my guess is, we are not, we are just more interested fans of series and we have better opinions about series.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 28, 2014 01:29 PM

cleglaw said:
we are just more interested fans of series and we have better opinions about series.

although i do belong in this community, this seems kind of elitist.
anyone can have his/her opinion about this game as long he/she has played this game before and know what it's about.
it doesn't matter whether that person is part of this community or not.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undead_king_
Undead_king_


Hired Hero
posted September 28, 2014 01:42 PM

Well probably those Watery guys Sanctuary - never find them interesting imo


btw my Fav is Necro Followed closely by Stronghold, but i dont get why people hate Inferno so much ? Its probably the most original evil faction and quite interesting IMO...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LizardWarrior
LizardWarrior


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Age of erwins is over
posted September 28, 2014 02:06 PM

ChrisD1 said:


Heroes community does not represent the majority of heroes players throughout the word!!!!!!!

The fact that most of the people HERE don't like inferno, does not mean that inferno is hopeless in the upcoming poll!!!!!!(if that poll includes inferno at all).


But we are the biggest Heroes forum out there, so we clearly are a big chunk of the playerbase

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 28, 2014 02:13 PM

LizardWarrior said:
ChrisD1 said:


Heroes community does not represent the majority of heroes players throughout the word!!!!!!!

The fact that most of the people HERE don't like inferno, does not mean that inferno is hopeless in the upcoming poll!!!!!!(if that poll includes inferno at all).


But we are the biggest Heroes forum out there, so we clearly are a big chunk of the playerbase


I think we are a distinct community of heroes (if not the only one, i really don't know).
we might be a big chunk, but the 10 people who vote here that they don't like inferno, definetely don't represent the whole community here.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Doomhammer
Doomhammer


Known Hero
Smasher of pasties
posted September 28, 2014 04:30 PM

Wizard / tower / acadamy for me.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
cleglaw
cleglaw


Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 04:43 PM
Edited by cleglaw at 16:44, 28 Sep 2014.

ChrisD1 said:
elitist


not really. we are spending our time everyday about heroes arguments, its natural to have better opinions. more interest=more knowladge=more accurate and rich opinions.

this is what we do. am i wrong?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Protolisk
Protolisk


Promising
Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 05:16 PM

Haven.

I enjoy demons, simply because they are something different every time. Sure, they love their cerberi and a few others, but the line ups change dramatically with each iteration.

Haven though... We always have humans. ALWAYS. Humans are so plentiful, they are everywhere. Where the other races get cool, interesting units, Haven gets humans to fill the slot. We now only tend to get the Angel, seemingly a requirement by now, and one non-humanoid thing, which usually was a Griffin. The fact that H4 decided to make the Balista a unit made them even less interesting. In fact, dare I say it, H6 had the best line up, because it had the least humans in all the games. Sure, the faction was still more than half human, but I view this as better than H1/2 with 100% homo sapiens saturation, and H3-5 with 2 non-humans. Granted, the new non-human was the Glory, but I believe that was a step in the right direction. They just need to make more steps.

Everyone else seems to get mad if, say, Dungeon has too many elves, or Sylvan with too many elves. Haven has had a history of too many humans, and just because it "is the way it has been done" does not mean that that particular way of doing things is right.

(Dwarves also has this problem, but they seemed to be drastically changing it in the Compendium, and most likely would have had at least 3 non-dwarfs, which is already tied with Haven's non-human record.)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
alcibiades
alcibiades


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
of Gold Dragons
posted September 28, 2014 05:25 PM

ChrisD1 said:
It means that for the billionth time we need to state the obvious:

Heroes community does not represent the majority of heroes players throughout the word!!!!!!!

The fact that most of the people HERE don't like inferno, does not mean that inferno is hopeless in the upcoming poll!!!!!!(if that poll includes inferno at all).

Hmmm, not necessarily true. Is there any reason to believe that we should not pose a representative subset of the total player base? That is, do you have any qualified reason to believe that the composition of the votes here will vary significantly from the opinions of the entire population - like, for some reason, Heroes Community attracts Inferno haters more than other players?
____________
What will happen now?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Stormcaller
Stormcaller


Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 05:42 PM

Agreed with Protolisk. Inferno has always been my favorite faction along with Fortress ( both swamp and dwarves. )

True, they aren't among your best factions, but they were never meant to be an easy faction to play with. Inferno was designed for expert players, not noobs.

Noobs play haven. Real men play demons. Once you up your attack over 20 you can easily stomp just about everyone. Combine that with gating, dual phantom, frenzy, and you'll pretty much annihilate anyone.


____________
What makes a King? Some say it is a birthright, while others call it a destiny.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blizz
blizz


Known Hero
of temper grace
posted September 28, 2014 06:07 PM

Haven. I don't hate it but i never had any interest in playing that faction. There are      just too many  humans and H7 seems to be taking that to another level. Swordbearer, seriously?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
flonembourg
flonembourg


Known Hero
posted September 28, 2014 06:11 PM

RMZ1989 said:
flonembourg said:
Stronghold boring strategy... euh oups i said strategy my bad there is no strategy with babarians just attack attack attack!

The worst factions was H5 stronghold, it was a joke!
Press the wait button and you lose blood rage NO Strategy.

So because you can't "wait" with Stronghold units without losing Blood Rage there is no strategy?

No comment...


Yes a faction that forces you to play in one-way-to-go is FOR ME poor  gameplay.
But it's just my opinion.
Between i find that faction boring or if you want no fun to play.
H4 Stronghold was not so boring immo.
And for the wait button i must confess that i'm more a defensive player so i like to wait, that explains it.
But i'm not going to argue anymore is just a matter of taste

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
lokdron
lokdron


Famous Hero
posted September 28, 2014 06:16 PM
Edited by lokdron at 18:24, 28 Sep 2014.

cleglaw said:
ChrisD1 said:
elitist


not really. we are spending our time everyday about heroes arguments, its natural to have better opinions. more interest=more knowladge=more accurate and rich opinions.

this is what we do. am i wrong?


In my opinion yes you are wrong and I personally dislike comments such as yours. I am in agreement with chris.

Your opinion is not more "right" than anyone else outside or inside this forum. For example I think sylvan is bloody boring as hell and I hate that faction the most along with dungeon plus I also dislike them fore lore reasons.

Is my opinion better than anyone else? Nope because its simply my opinion. Stop being elitist I swear that's one of the main issues here on this forum. Plus I think you lot are really underestimating the fanbase of demons in general and inferno.

Considering in the comments there were people wondering where the hell it was and people posting on the ubisoft forums for people wanting inferno in the game.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0347 seconds