Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Modders Workshop > Thread: [MOD] MMH5.5 In-Game SkillWheel
Thread: [MOD] MMH5.5 In-Game SkillWheel This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
dredknight
dredknight


Honorable
Supreme Hero
disrupting the moding industry
posted June 04, 2016 08:08 AM

thGryphn said:
So, I designed a whole new skill wheel with this restriction (I seriously forgot how many times I did this, lol, sigh)...


This is the path of the righteous!

Awesome!
____________
Join our official discord channel | NCF Utility Beta

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Auron1st
Auron1st


Hired Hero
posted June 04, 2016 01:54 PM
Edited by Auron1st at 14:35, 04 Jun 2016.

Bug report

Nice works, beside making that part of the game more functional, it adds some visual appeal to it.

I crashed to desktop on 64 exe when i clicked haven, loaded the knight, then clicked heretic - it crashed before it could display it's skill wheel. New game was in question, not loaded save.

ETA: To try and recreate it, click on some of the skills randomly, to load their's description in the center - after a couple of clicks - crash.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 04, 2016 02:56 PM
Edited by thGryphn at 15:08, 04 Jun 2016.

Auron1st said:
Nice works, beside making that part of the game more functional, it adds some visual appeal to it.

I crashed to desktop on 64 exe when i clicked haven, loaded the knight, then clicked heretic - it crashed before it could display it's skill wheel. New game was in question, not loaded save.

ETA: To try and recreate it, click on some of the skills randomly, to load their's description in the center - after a couple of clicks - crash.


I just found the culprit. It's not anything arbitrary. It's the primary skill buttons (attack, defense, spellpower, knowledge) that are bugged. If you don't put your mouse on them, there shouldn't be a crash.

Note that the skillwheel is now mouse-over activated, not click, but clicking should not (and does not afaik) cause any crash.

Can you confirm that if you don't go near the primary skills, there is no crash?

Thank you for your input!

And, I'm glad you liked it!

Edit: It was an easy fix... Just a leftover command that shouldn't have been there.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 04, 2016 03:55 PM

Excellent work!

I recommend we keep this 'low profile' in this thread, while I keep working on the fortress rebalance and people test this file. Then we will combine everything in big RC8 release!

After that Tribes of the East will be dead, since this was the only feature left that was still better in TOE.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Auron1st
Auron1st


Hired Hero
posted June 04, 2016 04:47 PM
Edited by Auron1st at 16:51, 04 Jun 2016.

thGryphn said:
Auron1st said:
Nice works, beside making that part of the game more functional, it adds some visual appeal to it.

I crashed to desktop on 64 exe when i clicked haven, loaded the knight, then clicked heretic - it crashed before it could display it's skill wheel. New game was in question, not loaded save.

ETA: To try and recreate it, click on some of the skills randomly, to load their's description in the center - after a couple of clicks - crash.


I just found the culprit. It's not anything arbitrary. It's the primary skill buttons (attack, defense, spellpower, knowledge) that are bugged. If you don't put your mouse on them, there shouldn't be a crash.

Note that the skillwheel is now mouse-over activated, not click, but clicking should not (and does not afaik) cause any crash.

Can you confirm that if you don't go near the primary skills, there is no crash?

Thank you for your input!

And, I'm glad you liked it!

Edit: It was an easy fix... Just a leftover command that shouldn't have been there.



Yup, crash when hovering primary skills, no crash so far when hovering other (though it is a bit difficult to spot the ultimate path skills... and also, it could use the magno skill sheet notes regarding the 'deesirable' skills for each class, eg. it displays for paladin that light magic is primary, and then ordered by % are defense, leadership, luck... with smallest percenate, say, for attack/war machines)

@magno - what happened to the governance ability in hotseat multiplayer? It is available vs ai single player but it doens't exist on  multiplayer hotseat (or i've skipped an option for that? RC7 and RC7a release notes do not mention this)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 04, 2016 05:32 PM

@Auron: Activate scripts!

@ThGryphn: It may be a good idea to post a hotfix for this, since it seems quite hard to hover around the issue, I already CTD'd 5x.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 04, 2016 05:40 PM
Edited by thGryphn at 17:45, 04 Jun 2016.

A hotfix update release, solving:

1) Game crash due to bad command -> there should be no other such bugs left

2) Skillwheel button placement issue between single hero screen vs heroes meeting -> this took way longer than I expected, but done now

Download: MMH5.5 In-Game SkillWheel RC2


Auron1st said:

...and also, it could use the magno skill sheet notes regarding the 'deesirable' skills for each class, eg. it displays for paladin that light magic is primary, and then ordered by % are defense, leadership, luck... with smallest percenate, say, for attack/war machines)



What you just said is already built in the skillwheel. For each class, the skills are ordered in a way that the most favored (with respect to initial acquisition chance) come first, and the wheel is color coded such that skills with 12% are on red slices, 10% are on orange slices, 8% are on gold slices, and 4% are on yellow slices. Notice also the change between Barbarian classes and other classes, as they have a different % scheme. For each class, except for the Veterans and Shamans, the first skill on the wheel is the starting skill, as also indicated by the class icon (although there are special case exceptions to this in the game).

magnomagus said:
Excellent work!

I recommend we keep this 'low profile' in this thread, while I keep working on the fortress rebalance and people test this file. Then we will combine everything in big RC8 release!

After that Tribes of the East will be dead, since this was the only feature left that was still better in TOE.


I agree. This will give me time to iron out the remaining bugs, if any. At this point, I only expect some skill/perk description issues. If I find the time, I may also implement an info page to describe the workings of the wheel...


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 04, 2016 06:10 PM

I see, but we should really stop both working on the same set of desc, I quickly noticed many unupdated txt from RC7a, I will send you a merged pak with RC8 txt included later.

I like the idea of 'advanced text' displayed differently, but there are many skills that don't use it yet (don't work on that now!). I'm also not sure about green (it is used for different purposes already), Nival used a way to display adv txt just a little less white instead, I like to try that later as well.


____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 04, 2016 06:19 PM
Edited by thGryphn at 18:26, 04 Jun 2016.

magnomagus said:
I see, but we should really stop both working on the same set of desc, I quickly noticed many unupdated txt from RC7a, I will send you a merged pak with RC8 txt included later.

I like the idea of 'advanced text' displayed differently, but there are many skills that don't use it yet (don't work on that now!). I'm also not sure about green (it is used for different purposes already), Nival used a way to display adv txt just a little less white instead, I like to try that later as well.




I thought I covered RC7a. Which ones are unupdated?

I was hoping that you would look at the descriptions right away, accept them after some alterations maybe, and therefore unify the descriptions. I think we should unify the descriptions as soon as possible.

From then on, I don't touch the descriptions any more and just support the skillwheel until RC8 at which point it would be a single pak...

Edit: Took another look, I'm pretty sure I covered everything in RC7a...

Coloring is a non-issue. I'll easily change it to any color you like. I had picked what Nival calls color_special, which reads very good in both the game and the skillwheel...

By the way, I did not color advanced text, but rather "side information". There is no such thing as advanced text now in my files; the main skill description is unified. However, there is some additional information with some skills/perks that are relevant and useful but not exactly the main information. Those, I gave a color...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 04, 2016 07:09 PM

On second examination, i apparently forgot to update a lot of stuff myself, mainly luck 3x and fog veil.

you may have overlooked dark renewal and consume corpse and combat must have all training stuff removed.

All in all nothing for you to worry about, I will overwrite my pack with yours and then add my new stuff and fix the leftovers.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 04, 2016 07:18 PM

I don't think it is necessary to make an explanation page because the RC8 system will be very simple wihtout any extra requirements, I'm halfway with this plan and i have already made 4 new skills to replace all the OP ones:


Quote:
Ok I can't believe I'm actually considering this but so far I think the following skills all need to go to balance fortress:

greater rune
absolute protection
dwarven resistance -up to 70% total = too much

there will be a new 'runic knowledge' skill that has the same effect as tribal teachings (because it is still in the game files). There may also be some more new ones but runic magic can also be reaaranged like a shatter skill.

However this leaves me with so few ultimates I rather get rid off the concept completely, there is an alternative left in the game files for arcane omniscience, supress light can be renamed 'deflect light' so it matches thematically with magic mirror. This is interesting for Academy since they cannot have shatter light.

exorcism+elemental vision will become one skill that has a different desc for warlocks and warlocks also get distract only. This simplifies to one branching design.

-march of golems will give some extra golems
-elemental balance will also have some extra effect.

____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 04, 2016 10:32 PM

magnomagus said:
On second examination, i apparently forgot to update a lot of stuff myself, mainly luck 3x and fog veil.

you may have overlooked dark renewal and consume corpse and combat must have all training stuff removed.

All in all nothing for you to worry about, I will overwrite my pack with yours and then add my new stuff and fix the leftovers.


Yeah, then you forgot about consume corpses too

With Combat, I removed the cost reduction bits but left that it also provides the Training ability to Knights.

Dark renewal is there too, just edited a little

So, yeah, I think the best way to go is you somehow incorporate what I did with the skill descriptions and arrive at a single set for you to keep updating.

New runelore balance changes sound drastic but I like not having any ultimates

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mario
Mario


Known Hero
posted June 04, 2016 11:07 PM
Edited by Mario at 23:42, 04 Jun 2016.

Fantastic! It's really working without any problem!


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 05, 2016 05:47 AM

Mario said:
Fantastic! It's really working without any problem!




Awesome! Great to know, thanks!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted June 05, 2016 08:54 AM

I think thGryphn deserves +QP.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dredknight
dredknight


Honorable
Supreme Hero
disrupting the moding industry
posted June 05, 2016 09:04 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbmtnxm41w57z81/texts.zip?dl=0

Guys here you are a bunch of text files that I have already edited.
I have fixed some taughtology as well as reduced the length wherever I felt necessary. Also tried a new approach on Imp Scavengers.

____________
Join our official discord channel | NCF Utility Beta

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 05, 2016 10:08 AM

@Thgrypn: sorry for accusing you for my own stupidity

Quote:
With Combat, I removed the cost reduction bits but left that it also provides the Training ability to Knights.


The skill is no longer connected, only the class, will be on the building desc

Quote:
Dark renewal is there too, just edited a little


Yeah, noticed it now, but i will change this one back. The strongest effect must be first because people often don't read all the way through (as i just demonstrated)

Generally i'm not happy about accesibilty yet, the txt for shatters is too small, for older people/visually impaired. But I puzzled a way to make it fit with regular size.

The large descriptions read too much like a manual instead of quick ingame info, I'm in the process of fixing this with my 'advanced text' idea.

____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 05, 2016 02:39 PM
Edited by thGryphn at 14:40, 05 Jun 2016.

magnomagus said:
@Thgrypn: sorry for accusing you for my own stupidity




Wow man, that's too heavy

magnomagus said:
Quote:
With Combat, I removed the cost reduction bits but left that it also provides the Training ability to Knights.


The skill is no longer connected, only the class, will be on the building desc



Oops, it seems I assumed wrong

magnomagus said:

Quote:
Dark renewal is there too, just edited a little


Yeah, noticed it now, but i will change this one back. The strongest effect must be first because people often don't read all the way through (as i just demonstrated)



Yeah, please feel free to not like my edits
I can guarantee you factual correctness in my edits; I've been very thorough with that...

magnomagus said:
Generally i'm not happy about accesibilty yet, the txt for shatters is too small, for older people/visually impaired. But I puzzled a way to make it fit with regular size.

The large descriptions read too much like a manual instead of quick ingame info, I'm in the process of fixing this with my 'advanced text' idea.



I know, I wasn't very happy I had to use smaller font size with the shatter skills. It'd be great if you can make the text shorter to fit with regular size.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted June 05, 2016 02:44 PM

dredknight said:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbmtnxm41w57z81/texts.zip?dl=0

Guys here you are a bunch of text files that I have already edited.
I have fixed some taughtology as well as reduced the length wherever I felt necessary. Also tried a new approach on Imp Scavengers.



Sorry we didn't coordinate before, could've saved us some time. All for the better though

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Admirable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted June 06, 2016 06:38 PM
Edited by magnomagus at 20:03, 06 Jun 2016.

@thGryphn: don't mind my words i write them very fast

I found a bug after selecting the elementalist wheel sometimes the cursor disappears and reappears after selecting another wheel. It really seems to be the elementalist wheel that causes it.

EDIT: What source did you use during development for tracking all icon and description links? skills.xdb? I want to know how to put best together my RC8 changelist.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 7 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0714 seconds