Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: Custom Heroes for Skirmish Maps
Thread: Custom Heroes for Skirmish Maps
Automne
Automne

Tavern Dweller
posted February 17, 2018 10:29 PM

Custom Heroes for Skirmish Maps

Hello, first of all, I am sorry if I am not posting on the right place.
I am kind of lost with the MH7UnrealEditor. I would like to add campaign heroes and some custom heroes I made for the skirmish maps. I saw on another topic that I had to add them at MMH7Game > CookedPC > Data > MH7Config.upk > MH7GameData.
But how do I do it ? I can't edit this file. I think there's something I didn't understand. I am certainly stupid, but I don't know, really. Maybe (and certainly) there's some tutorials but I am lost here and english is not my first language so it can be difficult sometimes. If anyone can help, it would be adorable.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 18, 2018 06:59 PM

Automne said:
Hello, first of all, I am sorry if I am not posting on the right place.
I am kind of lost with the MH7UnrealEditor. I would like to add campaign heroes and some custom heroes I made for the skirmish maps. I saw on another topic that I had to add them at MMH7Game > CookedPC > Data > MH7Config.upk > MH7GameData.
But how do I do it ? I can't edit this file. I think there's something I didn't understand. I am certainly stupid, but I don't know, really. Maybe (and certainly) there's some tutorials but I am lost here and english is not my first language so it can be difficult sometimes. If anyone can help, it would be adorable.

Hi Automne,

first of all, I suggest visiting the Important Tips & Tricks Thread (link is in my signature) where you can find a link to some tutorials.

To your issue: What does mean that you cannot edit the Data file? Is the field grey?




____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Automne
Automne

Tavern Dweller
posted February 19, 2018 04:37 PM

Antalyan said:
Hi Automne,

first of all, I suggest visiting the Important Tips & Tricks Thread (link is in my signature) where you can find a link to some tutorials.

To your issue: What does mean that you cannot edit the Data file? Is the field grey?



Thank you ! I've already seen tutorials but I'll try seeing some again, for better understanding.

Well, for the issue, when I'm in the Content Browser, I go to MMH7 Game > Cooked PC > Data > H7 Config and I click on the H7GameData file.
It opens the Properties and it seems I can't edit anything (screenshot here : https://zupimages.net/up/18/08/up77.png ). So, yes, the field is grey.

(Sorry if my english is terrible.)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 19, 2018 05:28 PM

Automne said:
Antalyan said:
Hi Automne,

first of all, I suggest visiting the Important Tips & Tricks Thread (link is in my signature) where you can find a link to some tutorials.

To your issue: What does mean that you cannot edit the Data file? Is the field grey?



Thank you ! I've already seen tutorials but I'll try seeing some again, for better understanding.

Well, for the issue, when I'm in the Content Browser, I go to MMH7 Game > Cooked PC > Data > H7 Config and I click on the H7GameData file.
It opens the Properties and it seems I can't edit anything (screenshot here : https://zupimages.net/up/18/08/up77.png ). So, yes, the field is grey.

(Sorry if my english is terrible.)

This means this file is "cooked". However, it is possible to copy it and thus open for any modifications.

Although for a different file, these steps should be described here: How to Uncook a File

Since this is the far most common question I receive, I see I should probably add it to the Tricks & Tips Thread.

There's nothing wrong with your English. I'll tell you the secret: Almost nobody here's a native speaker (which does not matter at all)
____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Automne
Automne

Tavern Dweller
posted February 19, 2018 06:55 PM

Antalyan said:

This means this file is "cooked". However, it is possible to copy it and thus open for any modifications.

Although for a different file, these steps should be described here: How to Uncook a File

Since this is the far most common question I receive, I see I should probably add it to the Tricks & Tips Thread.

There's nothing wrong with your English. I'll tell you the secret: Almost nobody here's a native speaker (which does not matter at all)



Thanks for your help ! I did duplicate it (since the package was cooked as well I follow your tutorial and duplicate the file in my NewPackage. But then, I tried to save it after editing it and it failed. Screenshot here : https://zupimages.net/up/18/08/k7x7.png ). I clicked Yes (and No) but nothing happened, the save just failed. Embarrassing issue... xD



Ah, well then ! Here I am reassured. (Just in case I was doing an error with this language.)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 20, 2018 05:59 PM

Automne said:
Antalyan said:

This means this file is "cooked". However, it is possible to copy it and thus open for any modifications.

Although for a different file, these steps should be described here: How to Uncook a File

Since this is the far most common question I receive, I see I should probably add it to the Tricks & Tips Thread.

There's nothing wrong with your English. I'll tell you the secret: Almost nobody here's a native speaker (which does not matter at all)



Thanks for your help ! I did duplicate it (since the package was cooked as well I follow your tutorial and duplicate the file in my NewPackage. But then, I tried to save it after editing it and it failed. Screenshot here : https://zupimages.net/up/18/08/k7x7.png ). I clicked Yes (and No) but nothing happened, the save just failed. Embarrassing issue... xD


Ah, well then ! Here I am reassured. (Just in case I was doing an error with this language.)

These chain references are a very annoying issue. Try to duplicate the file and save immediately as a clean copy.
____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Automne
Automne

Tavern Dweller
posted February 20, 2018 10:09 PM

Antalyan said:

These chain references are a very annoying issue. Try to duplicate the file and save immediately as a clean copy.


Thank you. I did this and it worked. I copy/paste it in the game directory, and it is uncooked now.
I was "able" to edit the file but, here we are, when I tried to save, same error as I described above. I can't save it. It keeps telling me thing like my previous screenshot. I tried doing another copy of my edited file but I can't save it either. I can edit but not save. Funny thing. XD

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 21, 2018 04:06 PM

Automne said:
Antalyan said:

These chain references are a very annoying issue. Try to duplicate the file and save immediately as a clean copy.


Thank you. I did this and it worked. I copy/paste it in the game directory, and it is uncooked now.
I was "able" to edit the file but, here we are, when I tried to save, same error as I described above. I can't save it. It keeps telling me thing like my previous screenshot. I tried doing another copy of my edited file but I can't save it either. I can edit but not save. Funny thing. XD

It sounds interesting as I can save this file without any trouble.
I think it must be connected to the exact change you make, could you describe to me what exactly you are doing?

____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0440 seconds