Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: First map academy campaign (arabian slavery)
Thread: First map academy campaign (arabian slavery)
kaz
kaz

Tavern Dweller
posted February 21, 2018 05:57 PM

First map academy campaign (arabian slavery)

Hello

I wanted to bring a topic about thematique of the first map from academy campaign.

The two heroine are really nice

But my mind is focused on the slavery question of orcs.

If i remember well, arabian were slavery trader of africans people along their History. I find quiet nice to see the game openning the subject with an metaphoric ambiant. If we considers Orcs as an avatar of africans tribes (with culture, tradition, way of life) besides they are showed as an important political partner for relation ships between kingdom (not someting as pure evil like in lord of the ring) the slavery thematique got a good sounds about arabian history.

For me the game doesnt blame anyone, or take a part, it says "one side there were slavers, other sides violent rebells"
I like this way, cause it is a way to show that history is always something complicated, depending the point of view you are from./ We see that there is a really good respect for arabian culture and legend, but also a watch of their bad sides too.

Blame orcs for their violence? Which is the only respond of centuries of slavery and pain.
Blame Arabian people who lived in this kind of society for centuries and never think to change it.
Also we see a kind of debate between the 7 cities leader and Fahada, which doesnt like slavery and understand the rebellions.  Sometime true political changement come with some hard moment of history.

Anyway set up this serious subject, mostly forgetten in our society, is a good idea, i like the way how Orcs are drawn, not like in lord of the ring, not like in warhammer (something worthed to be slaught for what they are) , but like a true culture and civilisation with his own codes.

did you pay attention to this aspect of the scenario too or no?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kiryu133
kiryu133

Hero of Order
Highly illogical
posted February 21, 2018 06:26 PM

Moved to the Heroes 7 board.
____________
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that the cis are at it again.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 21, 2018 08:03 PM

kaz said:
Hello

I wanted to bring a topic about thematique of the first map from academy campaign.

The two heroine are really nice

But my mind is focused on the slavery question of orcs.

If i remember well, arabian were slavery trader of africans people along their History. I find quiet nice to see the game openning the subject with an metaphoric ambiant. If we considers Orcs as an avatar of africans tribes (with culture, tradition, way of life) besides they are showed as an important political partner for relation ships between kingdom (not someting as pure evil like in lord of the ring) the slavery thematique got a good sounds about arabian history.

For me the game doesnt blame anyone, or take a part, it says "one side there were slavers, other sides violent rebells"
I like this way, cause it is a way to show that history is always something complicated, depending the point of view you are from./ We see that there is a really good respect for arabian culture and legend, but also a watch of their bad sides too.

Blame orcs for their violence? Which is the only respond of centuries of slavery and pain.
Blame Arabian people who lived in this kind of society for centuries and never think to change it.
Also we see a kind of debate between the 7 cities leader and Fahada, which doesnt like slavery and understand the rebellions.  Sometime true political changement come with some hard moment of history.

Anyway set up this serious subject, mostly forgetten in our society, is a good idea, i like the way how Orcs are drawn, not like in lord of the ring, not like in warhammer (something worthed to be slaught for what they are) , but like a true culture and civilisation with his own codes.

did you pay attention to this aspect of the scenario too or no?

Although I did not realize the connection to the Arabian enslavers, only to the slavery as a whole, I loved that aspect of the story - that it is something more than a fairy tale, that it has some moral aspect, something to be taken from the story for life, to think about.

Fortunately all H7 campaigns are like that

I agree that it is nice to see finally orcs who are not black-and-white, neither cruel beasts not victims.
____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kaz
kaz

Tavern Dweller
posted February 21, 2018 09:58 PM

Antalyan said:
kaz said:
Hello

I wanted to bring a topic about thematique of the first map from academy campaign.

The two heroine are really nice

But my mind is focused on the slavery question of orcs.

If i remember well, arabian were slavery trader of africans people along their History. I find quiet nice to see the game openning the subject with an metaphoric ambiant. If we considers Orcs as an avatar of africans tribes (with culture, tradition, way of life) besides they are showed as an important political partner for relation ships between kingdom (not someting as pure evil like in lord of the ring) the slavery thematique got a good sounds about arabian history.

For me the game doesnt blame anyone, or take a part, it says "one side there were slavers, other sides violent rebells"
I like this way, cause it is a way to show that history is always something complicated, depending the point of view you are from./ We see that there is a really good respect for arabian culture and legend, but also a watch of their bad sides too.

Blame orcs for their violence? Which is the only respond of centuries of slavery and pain.
Blame Arabian people who lived in this kind of society for centuries and never think to change it.
Also we see a kind of debate between the 7 cities leader and Fahada, which doesnt like slavery and understand the rebellions.  Sometime true political changement come with some hard moment of history.

Anyway set up this serious subject, mostly forgetten in our society, is a good idea, i like the way how Orcs are drawn, not like in lord of the ring, not like in warhammer (something worthed to be slaught for what they are) , but like a true culture and civilisation with his own codes.

did you pay attention to this aspect of the scenario too or no?

Although I did not realize the connection to the Arabian enslavers, only to the slavery as a whole, I loved that aspect of the story - that it is something more than a fairy tale, that it has some moral aspect, something to be taken from the story for life, to think about.

Fortunately all H7 campaigns are like that

I agree that it is nice to see finally orcs who are not black-and-white, neither cruel beasts not victims.


thx for answer

well that not maily mentionned nowdays (well in fact when you see illegal worker in saudi arabia, this question is stil up) and there still probleme of racisme between africans and arabian, even if the islamisation allowed to make peacefull relationship, racism is here and strong.


I think the missing of real discussion about this hard past is the cause of this.

After i didnt checked the other campaign, i ll see, i m just sad the love story end so fast at the first mission. kinda frustrating to have very charismatique character for just 1h of game.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted February 22, 2018 05:30 PM

kaz said:

I think the missing of real discussion about this hard past is the cause of this.

After i didnt checked the other campaign, i ll see, i m just sad the love story end so fast at the first mission. kinda frustrating to have very charismatique character for just 1h of game.



True, I also think that video games are a great tool to be used to make people think about interesting world issues since this way is not really tiring, it just suggests the idea by the way...

No spoilers, but do not worry, Fahada will yet appear in the story once more
____________
Important H7 tips & tricks
H7 Umbramancer Project

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0314 seconds