Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: Wonder and Whimsy Pre Alpha (started by LordCameron in October 2026)
Wonder and Whimsy Pre Alpha
LordCameron
LordCameron


Famous Hero
Veteran of the Succession Wars
posted October 04, 2026 04:44 AM
Edited by LordCameron at 04:44, 04 Oct 2026.

Wonder and Whimsy Pre Alpha

This is more of a gift to my past self than a completed project. I was very sick for the last week so I just played around with some of the higher end AIs (Astra and Claude 5.5 mostly.) and I discovered that I was able to make a mod just by handing the AI my design document I've been working on for about 6 years.

It is a very rough project, and I also let the power go to my head and added in much more than the original plan of Unique Skills and 6 new buildings, but I think it is pretty cool, plus I filled it with easter eggs.

Also it is a PSA that this is something you can do now, and will hopefully get better and cheaper in the future.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrukepaoKE


https://github.com/KyriosHeptagrammaton/Heroes-2-Whimsy-and-Wonder-pre-Alpha-Release


A rough idea of what to expect is:

1 new town (very rough, hidden behind an easter egg to get to)
The starts of an underground expansion
6 new town aligned neutral units
Combination units from bringing faction units to the right place
2 new secret factions of secret units
New secret upgrades
A speciality for every hero but the campaign heroes (that will come) The specialties are meant to keep the game pace instead of accelerating it, but some are very unusual (like being able to put ladders against walls)
3 new month special events that change the pace of the game
~10 new Secondary skills limited to 2 per hero
A replacement secondary skill for Navigation on a map without water

A number of new UX hotkeys because I was getting annoyed in testing, including moving units quickly between garrison and hero and retrying autocombat if the AI flubs it.
Borderless window fullscreen.

Bunch more I forgot about. I was just cramming stuff into the game in a fever haze.


____________
What are Homm Songs based on?

 View Profile
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread »
Post New Poll   Post New Topic   Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0379 seconds