Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Make it Out Alive. (IC)
Thread: Make it Out Alive. (IC) This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
Vindicator
Vindicator


Supreme Hero
Right Back Extraordinaire
posted November 29, 2012 05:39 AM

(OOC: Door near the wardrobe gnomes, but whatever. I think I've got it now)

Suddenly, Bilbo had an idea. Probably not the best, but, if it was between it and getting devoured by a giant centipede, he would have to go with his idea. With that thought in mind, he stared intently at the flame, as he backed away towards the wall.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted November 29, 2012 06:20 AM

Bilbo

((DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!))

As you stare, the scraping and clawing become greater, growing so loud that it completely drowns out the hissing of the flame. As you begin to sweat and fight not to blink, two large feelers poke through the hole and then the Demon's entire head. It gives one triumphant screech that deafens you and causes you to flinch, making you close your eyes right as the flame reaches the peak of its hiss. For one instant, the feelers touch your shoulder before you feel the dull throb of the flame's heat... and then a blazing inferno and screeches of absolute torment knock you aside. Where there had once been a demon and a candle flame, there was now a raging inferno that ravished a giant, headless insect's thrashing body, burning along its length as it charred the monster slowly into ash. Despite no longer having a head, the monster was still able to scream loud enough to deafen your ears completely, making you curl up as the noise vibrates through your entire body.

After almost five minutes, the screams finally stop. Outside, the little candle flame that had completely consumed the demon Pestilence was once again just sitting there, looking harmless. A slight breeze moved through the alley, and it disappeared in a tiny puff of smoke.
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted November 30, 2012 01:09 PM

Taking orders from a man! Like that would ever happen. Veronica would rather die than let some stupid sack of testosterone tell her what to do. Of course, this line of thought worked very well in theory, but started cracking when faced with a very possibility of actually dying. That would probably be bad. Some kind of compromise would suit the current situation much better.

"No, I don't take orders." Veronica said slowly and then added through her teeth, each sound clinging to her mouth trying not to come out, "But I will follow a sound advice."
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vindicator
Vindicator


Supreme Hero
Right Back Extraordinaire
posted December 02, 2012 03:39 PM

Dazed, ears ringing, Bilbo stands up, stunned and completely lost for words. After sitting for a few moments, staring at the wall, shell-shocked, he starts to stand up and walk away, before remembering his stuff was still in the room. He retrieves it, and leaves quietly, still dazed from just happened.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
meroe
meroe


Supreme Hero
Basically Smurfette
posted December 04, 2012 12:03 AM

No sooner had the demon uttered its words, than Evangeline scooped up Mimi and bolted to the trunk of her car.  Grabbing her pink embellished fanny pack (bought in San Francisco when they were popular and customised by an aging hippy with white matted dreadlocks and no teeth), Evangeline stuffed Mimi into it.  

For a fleeting second, Evangeline said goodbye to her bespoke sequined ballgowns and designer shoes, then stuffed bottled water and the ancient First Aid Kit into a backpack, along with the extra bullets and the pipe wrench left in the truck by the previous owner, she slammed the trunk down and sprinted off towards the bridge as fast as her bulk would take her.
____________
Meroe is definetely out, sweet
as she sounds sometimes, she'd
definetely castrate you with a
rusted razror and forcefeed
your genitals to you in a
blink of an eye - Kipshasz

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted December 04, 2012 12:22 AM

Veronica

Both soldiers hesitate and your protector nods. "Fine, good enough. I suggest that you leave behind everything that won't fit in the pockets of this uniform," He tosses you a female military uniform, complete with a sleeveless undershirt, hat and heavy cargo pants, "And that you change as quickly as possible." With that, he and his colleague start to leave, nervous glasses guy dragging the body of mad dude. "Call out 'I've got the gauze' when you are ready." The nervous one tells you, before being dragged out forcefully by his companion. You can hear harsh mumbling outside as calm guy and nervous guy discuss what had happened in the tent.

Bilbo

Around you, there is silence. Absolute silence. Fire has stopped raining from the sky, and there are no people or demons anywhere in sight. Once again, you can go into the unfinished construction, down the empty alley, back the way you came or you can continue down the alley you currently find yourself in. Other than the stuff in the dead priest's room, there is nothing near bye that is worth taking with you, and even then mostly everything is worthless.

Evangeline

The demon that will be hunting you patiently steps aside as you run past, counting under its breath, "Three minutes ten seconds, three minutes eleven seconds, three minutes twelve seconds..." While making sure to look away as you run. You are able to get a very good view of the demon and notice that all of the damage you dealt before has disappeared, the metal-like carapace completely regrown.
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted December 04, 2012 03:34 PM

Veronica looked at the entrance of the tent for a half a minute to make sure that the men are not coming back inside. Satisfied with her privacy she pulls out the syringes from her clothes and puts them on the bed beside her. She than undresses as fast as she can, without disturbing her wounds and puts on the uniform. Finally, she stuffs the syringes in the pockets and approaches the tent entrance.

"I've got the... goz?" She says silently.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vindicator
Vindicator


Supreme Hero
Right Back Extraordinaire
posted December 06, 2012 02:08 AM

After a few seconds of consideration, Bilbo takes the empty alley. He knew he didn't want to go back, and he was worried about what sort of creatures lurked in the abandoned place, so it was a toss-up between two alleys, and, quite honestly, he had had more than enough of this one.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
meroe
meroe


Supreme Hero
Basically Smurfette
posted December 06, 2012 04:12 PM
Edited by meroe at 00:13, 08 Dec 2012.

Evangeline headed full pelt (or rather in her case, in a panicked erratic mincing) towards the bridge.  Fully aware that she had almost no cover, or anywhere to hide, she just prayed she could make it to the bridge.  

Huffing and wheezing, she refilled the gun's cartridge and for the umpteth time, turned to glance at the monster she was fleeing from.  It wasn't even watching her now, as it appeared to be engrossed in watching the ensuing barbaric murder of a truck driver who had been unlucky enough to careen into the back of Evangeline's wrecked Cutlass.

This gave Evangeline a second wind and she felt almost excited as she approached the bridge.  Her elation subsided almost instantly as she saw the carnage littered in front of her.  Terrified, she turned around, hoping that the monster was still distracted by the theatre of truck drivers valiant fight for life and subsequent immolation.  It was!!!!!!  Evangeline almost cried out in victory.

Instead of running across the bridge (past hundreds of bodies, bloodshed, gore and enviscerated vehicles), Evangeline headed down towards the water.  She had a mad idea .... that boat!
____________
Meroe is definetely out, sweet
as she sounds sometimes, she'd
definetely castrate you with a
rusted razror and forcefeed
your genitals to you in a
blink of an eye - Kipshasz

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wog_edn
wog_edn

Promising

The Nothingness
posted December 07, 2012 09:49 PM

"I will wait for you, Julio!" Sarah breathed, then looked around the kitchen. She moved along the counter, checking every drawer she found for weapons. Mostly food and equipment needed to make it. She found a smallish but very sharp knife in one of the drawers and picked it up.
This might come in handy she thought, smiling one of her winning smiles. "Julio, have you found anything?"
She proceeded to eating some of the food she found laying around, most of it rather tasty.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted December 12, 2012 08:26 PM

Veronica

The man tosses you a roll of gauze, the fabric-like bandage that you have around your shoulder right now, and pulls your hat down a little lower. "Don't look up, pretend that you are exhausted, let me do the talking and if I say 'hide,' then hide in the closest available place. Alright? We're going to pretend that you are a soldier on a medical supplies run, that you are exhausted from the fight and that you really just want to get this done so that you can go back to bed. Understand?" His tone has an air of finality to it, though it isn't quite an order it is skirting the borders pretty darn close.

Bilbo

You make it to the end of the alleyway without incident when you see a large shadow move over the street rapidly. The shadow is accompanied with a wet crunching sound, the bellowing of air being moved by large leatheren wings and a rainfall of blood on the road in front of you. If you look up, you will see the end of a large scaled tail almost a mile in the sky before whatever you heard disappears deeper into the city.

The road you find yourself on has a body or two, many abandoned and destroyed cars, and a black fungus with eyes that are looking at you on the sidewalk a few yards down. Other than that and the red glow made by the portal, this place looks rather normal.

Evangeline

You arrive at the motor boat without incident as the truck driver is slowly roasted to death, and the time limit the demon gave you is almost up. A quick look around the boat itself reveals that it is mostly undamaged, a small and very evil looking rat is laying on the deck, its head caved in and a man's finger in its mouth, but nothing else seems to be out of place. The motor itself appears to be unharmed, the boxes only have a fist sized hole or two in them and the leather seats, while clawed, seem to be completely intact. As of right now, the driver and passenger seats are hidden from view, though you can see that the steering wheel and gear shifts peaking out from behind the seats and that the dashboard is unbroken.

Sarah

"Not yet." Julio called back, closing some kind of cupboard or another. "I will check further in, stay there. Yell if you need me." You can hear the sound of Julio's footsteps moving away and everything is silent for a minute. Then the door you came in starts to creak open, ever so slightly. A small, frightened and familiar voice asks, "Mrs. Palin? A-are you in here?"
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wog_edn
wog_edn

Promising

The Nothingness
posted December 12, 2012 11:38 PM

"About time, Bob!" Sarah exclaimed, striding over toward the door. "I've been too preoccupied to worry about you yet, but I might just have started to worry if you didn't appear soon! You cannot just run away like that!"
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted December 13, 2012 08:46 AM
Edited by Geny at 09:13, 28 Dec 2012.

Veronica gritted her teeth and nodded. Getting out of here was priority number one. She held the roll of gauze in a way that anyone would see it, lowered her hat, looking down so no one would see her face and followed the soldier.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vindicator
Vindicator


Supreme Hero
Right Back Extraordinaire
posted December 15, 2012 08:41 PM

Biblo continues down the street, keeping an eye on the fungus and respectively keeping his distance from it; he had more than enough of demons, and just wanted to get out of the city.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
meroe
meroe


Supreme Hero
Basically Smurfette
posted December 20, 2012 07:12 PM
Edited by meroe at 12:22, 22 Dec 2012.

Evangeline heaved herself and Mimi into the boat and promptly fell over (with a little undignified 'eek').  And just as she dared not expect, there were no keys in the ignition.  Evangeline wished she had learned how to hotwire like all the other boys in her youth.  She had no idea how to drive a boat, but her survival instincts were in full swing and she was currently running on a mix of automatic pilot and deranged fear - she needed to get this boat moving.  With a quick glance back towards the direction of the demon, she began scrabbling around the boat for a screwdriver.

____________
Meroe is definetely out, sweet
as she sounds sometimes, she'd
definetely castrate you with a
rusted razror and forcefeed
your genitals to you in a
blink of an eye - Kipshasz

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted December 31, 2012 11:05 PM

Sarah

Bob walks in trembling, drenched in sweat and with no blood in his face. He seems to be completely terrified of something, and he gestures for you to lower your voice. "Miss Palin..." He whispers, "Miss Palin, we need to leave quickly, before he comes back..." He is looking at the door that your bodyguard had walked through, fidgeting and keeping close to the door.

Veronica

As you continue walking, you remark at how empty the camp seems to be. Apparently, either everyone is at the barricade that you can partially make out, or no one is staying up late tonight. Either way, there are only three instances that cause you concern on your journey.

The first is when the loud report of a hand gun discharging comes from the darkness next to you. Your soldier buddy pulls out his pistol and turns just in time to see one of his companions drop out of her tent, a bullet wound in the back of her head and smoking gun in her hand. He slowly and sadly shakes his head, and two guards materialize from the darkness to investigate what just happened, automatic rifles pointed at you two before they see the companion that just took her own life. Lowering their weapons, one takes the fallen soldier's arms and picks her up, dragging her into the night and the other exchanges some words with your companion, asking what had happened and where you were going after curfew before waving you on.

The next incident comes when you arrive at a waypoint, where you and your buddy have to check in and explain what you are doing. Two guards take you to a separate tent from your guide, sitting you down in a chair and bringing you a coffee. One of them asks, "Name, rank and business?" Not really looking at you as he reads his book. The other guy stands at the exit, rifle in hand.

Bilbo

The Fungus seems to be scooting away from you, as if it is afraid to make contact in its own slimy, spory way. Apparently it isn't going to cause you any troubles, much to your relief. Besides that, you don't seem to have any other encounters or imminent problems. That's when you notice a strange lump in your pocket, if you examine it then you will find the cross that had been in the priest's house and the rings, you must have burgaled them without realizing it in all of the confusion.

Now that you are on the other side of the road, there is a school yard in front of you to the right, so in both directions there is no alley for you to hide in. To your left there is another alley and a straight shot to the gate about twelve blocks away, but you get the feeling that something is looking at you from that direction. In the distance, something that sounds like a pyramid of glass being destroyed. None of the buildings that you can see seem to be falling though, so you should be fine.

Evangeline

You find what you are looking for rather quickly in the passenger's seat of the boat, and notice that the box between the wheel and transmission already looks like it has been stabbed at and tampered with. Next to it, you find that there is another one of the dead mutant rat things in a pool of blackish tar, apparently blood that leaked from the small stab wound in its chest.
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vindicator
Vindicator


Supreme Hero
Right Back Extraordinaire
posted December 31, 2012 11:15 PM

Cautiously looking around, Bilbo stopped, thinking. He itched to go toward the gate, but that feeling... it unnerved him. He probably didn't want to go toward where the glass building was being destroyed either, so, after a few moments of contemplation, began walking through the school yard.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Geny
Geny


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
What if Elvin was female?
posted January 01, 2013 09:14 AM

Veronica's hand moved to the syringes in her pocket, but stopped in time when she remembered there's a soldier behind her as well. She recalled what her guide told her earlier.

"Private Simmons. I'm on a medical supplies run." She blurted out and raised the roll of gauze slightly to emphasize her point.
____________
DON'T BE A NOOB, JOIN A.D.V.E.N.T.U.R.E.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wog_edn
wog_edn

Promising

The Nothingness
posted January 01, 2013 09:39 PM

"Why do we have to leave without him, Bob?" Sarah whispered, leaning toward him so that he may whisper.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnomes2169
gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted January 06, 2013 10:46 PM

Bilbo

As you are about halfway across the courtyard, you hear that sound of the air being beaten once again, and another peal of shattering glass. Closer. But the thing is, it seems to be coming from far above you, not the city itself. The realization paralyzes you for a second, as you are left trying to figure out what it could possibly be. After the second passes, you notice a few things. In the school, the lights are all completely shut off and it's impossible to make anything out. There is a playground to your left, full of monkey bars and tunnels and other things of childhood joy. Back the way you came it still completely empty, and even from where you stand, that alley still fills you with dread.

As of now, you are still completely alone.

Veronica

The guy looks up from his book and really looks at you now, raising an eyebrow. "I think you forgot something, private. Another title that goes along with that rank of yours...? I remember seeing you get your promotion to private first class just a few weeks ago." He says with a chuckle. Apparently, your guide had thought almost everything through. "Something about staying up too late and overachieving. Maybe it's a bit early you're doing a little too much if you can't remember your own dang promotion." He stands up and holds out his hand. "While it's nice to see you working so hard, I'm going to suggest that you go back to your tent after you're done bandaging whoever it is up, you should go back to your tent and get some sleep, alright?" He sends you on your way, and your companion is waiting right outside.

After you two get out of eye and earshot, the soldier leans over and whispers, "How did it go?" Standing as if he is whispering sweet nothings to you and smiling, as if pretending that you are his girlfriend instead of a fugitive he is trying to sneak out so that you both don't get shot. It's a very... convincing act.

Sarah

"He... he's not..." Bob whispers harshly, urging as he trembles. "h-h-human." He peaks at the door, jowls trembling as if he expects a demon to burst through any moment. "P-please... I can explain.. l-later..."
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0259 seconds