Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: All Alternative Unit + Forgotten Fields
Thread: All Alternative Unit + Forgotten Fields This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
fred79
fred79


Promising
Undefeatable Hero
My BS sensor is tingling again
posted July 20, 2020 02:14 PM

avatar said:
VCMI is open source project and VCMI mods are 'open source' mods. Once released - resources are free for everyone, no need to ask. Giving credits is ok. The same for ERA mods and creatures from creature banks.

Fred79, you've slained good mod because you knocked the stuffing out of author.


It was nephrete's work. I asked if that mod had been released already, and nobody responded to that. Last i knew about the ongoing mod was that a couple of creatures had somehow been released without consent. I saw more creatures from the same (unreleased?) mod here; so i was understandably at odds with it. When somebody gets back to me if the content was released or not with/out consent, i'll be more informed.

Besides, he added the content back; because i'm a nobody, as i clarified. I've slain nothing whatsoever. I'm not here to stop content from being released; just that i would hope it's not released pre-release of the author.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 20, 2020 02:48 PM
Edited by kongsuni at 15:40, 20 Jul 2020.

fred79 said:
avatar said:
VCMI is open source project and VCMI mods are 'open source' mods. Once released - resources are free for everyone, no need to ask. Giving credits is ok. The same for ERA mods and creatures from creature banks.

Fred79, you've slained good mod because you knocked the stuffing out of author.


It was nephrete's work. I asked if that mod had been released already, and nobody responded to that. Last i knew about the ongoing mod was that a couple of creatures had somehow been released without consent. I saw more creatures from the same (unreleased?) mod here; so i was understandably at odds with it. When somebody gets back to me if the content was released or not with/out consent, i'll be more informed.

Besides, he added the content back; because i'm a nobody, as i clarified. I've slain nothing whatsoever. I'm not here to stop content from being released; just that i would hope it's not released pre-release of the author.




I understand, so please let me know if there is any unreleased creatures in this mod. I'll change it. I thought that I've got all sources from released town, because there's no roots that I can obtain except VCMI wiki, VCMI town list, and previous links.

and the reason that I deleted post previously, I thought it was somewhat illegal because of your comment. Accordingly, the reason that I recover the post is other says it is not seriously wicked, not because you are nobody.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fred79
fred79


Promising
Undefeatable Hero
My BS sensor is tingling again
posted July 20, 2020 03:39 PM
Edited by fred79 at 15:52, 20 Jul 2020.

The only creature i saw in the VCMI releases that included creatures that i knew of, was the mermaid; so apparently they released that one(which i don't remember if you included or not). The others were posted to that creature bank site in the link you posted before; and, i think, against the creators' consent.

But being that those creatures are already posted on that site, anyone can now use them, regardless. If nephretes or whoever hasn't contacted you about them yet, then i wouldn't worry about it. Apparently something happened and their wip got sabotaged(and moreso than i was previously made aware of). I don't think anyone will blame you for using great creatures that are already out there; despite how they got on that site. I worked on the dwellings and some sounds for those creatures; i don't know if that content was released with the stolen graphics or not. I'm on my phone atm; so i can't check. Even if my stuff was released too, it's already out there. No sense in not using it. Do they have the credits for the creatures listed in the bank? I think they were all nephrete's creatures; but i may be wrong. I'm speaking about the succubi and the werewolves(all i can remember seeing, atm).

Edit: nope. Dragon Golems, Troll Witches, Quetzalcoatls, and Dryads, too. They were ALL put on the bank site? Damn. Those are all nephretes' stuff too, if i'm not mistaken.

P.s. like i said, the stuff's already out there. They were all originally for their "alternative creatures" mod. If they were all neph's work, i would give him credit for those creatures in your mod, out of respect.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
avatar
avatar


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted July 20, 2020 03:59 PM
Edited by avatar at 16:01, 20 Jul 2020.

fred79, for god sake, all mods you mention are released for few months and authors gave permission for using anywhere
And 'alternative creatures' are signed as MDT team because they were created by many guys as Trith, Nephretes, witchking and Hobbicus.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 20, 2020 04:01 PM
Edited by kongsuni at 16:11, 20 Jul 2020.

fred79 said:
The only creature i saw in the VCMI releases that included creatures that i knew of, was the mermaid; so apparently they released that one(which i don't remember if you included or not). The others were posted to that creature bank site in the link you posted before; and, i think, against the creators' consent.

But being that those creatures are already posted on that site, anyone can now use them, regardless. If nephretes or whoever hasn't contacted you about them yet, then i wouldn't worry about it. Apparently something happened and their wip got sabotaged(and moreso than i was previously made aware of). I don't think anyone will blame you for using great creatures that are already out there; despite how they got on that site. I worked on the dwellings and some sounds for those creatures; i don't know if that content was released with the stolen graphics or not. I'm on my phone atm; so i can't check. Even if my stuff was released too, it's already out there. No sense in not using it. Do they have the credits for the creatures listed in the bank? I think they were all nephrete's creatures; but i may be wrong. I'm speaking about the succubi and the werewolves(all i can remember seeing, atm).

Edit: nope. Dragon Golems, Troll Witches, Quetzalcoatls, and Dryads, too. They were ALL put on the bank site? Damn. Those are all nephretes' stuff too, if i'm not mistaken.

P.s. like i said, the stuff's already out there. They were all originally for their "alternative creatures" mod. If they were all neph's work, i would give him credit for those creatures in your mod, out of respect.


Of course, at the first time, I already wrote his name for credit. (All member of tides of war)
To answer your first PS, though it is not important, the comments that I posted are not related to tides of war. Because as I wrote in the first line of post, this project was started from forgotten fields, they were already included. (Link1 Link2) Moreover, the tides of war mod is already released.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 20, 2020 04:19 PM
Edited by kongsuni at 16:22, 20 Jul 2020.

avatar,

Extremely grateful for encouraging. Please feel free to tell me if I am doing something wrong or discourtesy at any time. I respect all the homm modder and maker.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Supreme Hero
Undercover modder
posted July 20, 2020 04:38 PM

As long as the mod from which you took the graphics is released, it should be ok, unless the creator promptly says "no".
____________
"Goblins use pistols because a shotgun recoil would kick them off the ground flying."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted July 20, 2020 09:24 PM
Edited by RodWarrior at 21:35, 20 Jul 2020.

I have a really, really hard time understanding why in this beautiful community, for a game that is so old Its almost freeware, there's still what looks like a lot of ego and nitpicking.

Not that fred79 is doing it, it's just that I really don't understand some stuff.

Like, why are HotA people so closed and not willing to share their work? Why it looks like there's some kind of war on platforms, when its so obvious that everyone could benefit a huge amount from just being friendly and sharing everything.

Hell, if the heroes original creators acted the same way, we wouldn't have any mods whatsoever. They wouldn't let any one use or modify their game assets, or anything like that.

Imagine what could be gained if instead of bickering and Prohibitions, we had more sharing and incentive. If we could only get along...

Like, I see a lot of this spirit in Era now, with the guys working to make mods compatible, with everyone sharing their knowledge and helping each other.

I don't want to judge or anything, I don't know the past, but it was really something so horrible and terrible that warrant a lifelong bad relationship? It's not water under the bridge by now?

Even the people are different, I see that a lot of the old guys left and stoped working, maybe even because of this competition and bickering atmosphere, and now there's some old guys and new guys working together and it makes me every day open this forum and the discord to see if there's anything new.

I know for a fact that fred79 made a lot of awesome stuff and shared here, and I thank you for it. I don't think you are a no one, since you are one of the few names I remember from the old days where I was lurking on the forum, right there with sal, bes, etc...

Anyway, it just makes me kind of sad really, because we have an awesome community of wonderful people working on amazing stuff, and I really don't understand what why the mentality of everyone isn't like "USE EVERYTHING, BE HAPPY, SHARE, MAKE SOMETHING FUN!"..

Just imagine the potencial!!!

I mean, it's not like it's a product that people are stealing from you to sell while you starve. Someone it's just making a remix of your content, and that should be fine, since we are all doing it to heroes 3. Its not like you can sell HotA or Wog on steam as a separate Game, or put vcmi as a new heroes owned by you. People should credit it, sure, but it's more a courtesy than anything...

It's like a guy sharing this music he made for fun, using someone elses music as a sample... But just for free and for his friends that enjoy his music. And then when a friend of his friend uses his song and his original vocals as a sample for his music, and share for free with the same friends, the first guy is like really pissed off because this was his original work... But when he does it with the big musician is ok? I don't know, it just sounds so confusing to me...

Anyway, here's hoping that we stay collaborating and being so cool, and sharing stuff with people that love this game as much as we do. You guys, everyone one of you, make my and others life cooler and better, just by sharing your work with us.

I am really glad to be part of this, and to have people like you all that share and talk, and here's hoping to see this evolve even more from now on, with the discord and forum being so active.

Just from my heart. Thanks and keep sharing! It's what Jesus said to do.

When we share what we have, we multiply it!

Love and peace.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
VMaiko
VMaiko


Known Hero
posted July 20, 2020 09:28 PM
Edited by VMaiko at 21:35, 20 Jul 2020.

RodWarrior said:
I have a really, really hard time understanding why in this beautiful community, for a game that is so old Its almost freeware, there's still what looks like a lot of ego and nitpicking.

Not that fred79 is doing it, it's just that I really don't understand some stuff.

Like, why are HotA people so closed and not willing to share their work? Why it looks like there's some kind of war on platforms, when its so obvious that everyone could benefit a huge amount from just being friendly and sharing everything.

Hell, if the heroes original creators acted the same way, we wouldn't have any mods whatsoever. They wouldn't let any one use or modify their game assets, or anything like that.

Imagine what could be gained if instead of bickering and Prohibitions, we had more sharing and incentive. If we could only get along...

Like, I see a lot of this spirit in Era now, with the guys working to make mods compatible, with everyone sharing their knowledge and helping each other.

I don't want to judge or anything, I don't know the past, but it was really something so horrible and terrible that warrant a lifelong bad relationship? It's not water under the bridge by now?

Even the people are different, I see that a lot of the old guys left and stoped working, maybe even because of this competition and bickering atmosphere, and now there's some old guys and new guys working together and it makes me every day open this forum and the discord to see if there's anything new.

I know for a fact that fred79 made a lot of awesome stuff and shared here, and I thank you for it. I don't think you are a no one, since you are one of the few names I remember from the old days where I was lurking on the forum, right there with sal, bes, etc...

Anyway, it just makes me kind of sad really, because we have an awesome community of wonderful people working on amazing stuff, and I really don't understand what why the mentality of everyone isn't like "USE EVERYTHING, BE HAPPY, SHARE, MAKE SOMETHING FUN!"..

Just imagine the potencial!!!

Anyway, here's hoping that we stay collaborating and being so cool, and sharing stuff with people that love this game as much as we do. You guys, everyone one of you, make my and others life cooler and better, just by sharing your work with us.

I am really glad to be part of this, and to have people like you all that share and talk, and here's hoping to see this evolve even more from now on, with the discord and forum being so active.

Just from my heart. Thanks and keep sharing! It's what Jesus said to do.

When we share what we have, we multiply it!

Love and peace.


For me, HotA was always dictatorship, it had to be said and it was said, and no, I won't erase my message because it's reality.
I think, because its content must be "unique and unrepeatable", nobody can take anything from HotA, nobody can do something with HotA and do it better.
In addition to being one of those types of teams that continue doing this malicious practice of "hardcoding".

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted July 20, 2020 09:43 PM
Edited by RodWarrior at 21:56, 20 Jul 2020.

VMaiko said:

For me, HotA was always dictatorship, it had to be said and it was said, and no, I won't erase my message because it's reality.
I think, because its content must be "unique and unrepeatable", nobody can take anything from HotA, nobody can do something with HotA and do it better.
In addition to being one of those types of teams that continue doing this malicious practice of "hardcoding".


I'm not trying to start some war or fight with HotA people, because in some sense I really hope they change their mind and just look at how this is something that not only hurts the community but themselves, and are willing to change.

But I really don't use HotA because heroes without era for me it's not even heroes anymore. I don't even know if they have something that era can't do, besides adding castle and stuff without removing the existing ones (that I really hope era make a workaround some time)

We are all adults, right? it's not like it's evil vs good... It's just people that love heroes customizing the game to be even more fun.. can't we all just get along and collaborate?

Also, this is not me criticizing your choice of words, because as I said, I don't know the past and the history, and you probably have your reasons, since you are such a nice guy. I'm just clarifying that my post was more of an "wtf this don't make sense since it's all just for fun and free and it's a *modification* of someone work anyway" than a criticism of my part.

Love your work vmaiko

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Archer30
Archer30


Adventuring Hero
posted July 21, 2020 09:05 AM
Edited by Archer30 at 09:06, 21 Jul 2020.

Hi Kongsuni, nice mod! A little suggestion - integrate _HD3_Data to ModsForgotten Fields folder. That should work exactly the same as putting _HD3_Data in the root folder without replacing any files.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
anti-victor
anti-victor


Adventuring Hero
Disciples 2 Map Creator
posted July 21, 2020 03:09 PM

RodWarrior said:


I am really glad to be part of this, and to have people like you all that share and talk, and here's hoping to see this evolve even more from now on, with the discord and forum being so active.

When we share what we have, we multiply it!


What RodWarrior said, with ofc that you should respect those who wanna stay where there are and don't wanna evolve, but overall I think those times are true Wake of GODS of modding

Kongsuni compilation is great for ppl who like to play with many things from different mods together.
He has my thx just for adding spells^^
____________
Live and Die by the Blade/In WoG we trust

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fred79
fred79


Promising
Undefeatable Hero
My BS sensor is tingling again
posted July 21, 2020 05:36 PM

avatar said:
fred79, for god sake, all mods you mention are released for few months and authors gave permission for using anywhere
And 'alternative creatures' are signed as MDT team because they were created by many guys as Trith, Nephretes, witchking and Hobbicus.


Maybe you could have answered when i first asked, and saved me the trouble?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 22, 2020 02:02 AM
Edited by kongsuni at 02:02, 22 Jul 2020.

Archer30 said:
Hi Kongsuni, nice mod! A little suggestion - integrate _HD3_Data to ModsForgotten Fields folder. That should work exactly the same as putting _HD3_Data in the root folder without replacing any files.


Thanks for adviese! I changed file as you said. Thank you

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 22, 2020 02:07 AM
Edited by kongsuni at 02:29, 22 Jul 2020.

fred79 said:

Maybe you could have answered when i first asked, and saved me the trouble?


It was a problem that must have been pointed out once. I don't know the exact rule of WoG because I am just an infant modder. In any time, please tell me if you, or anyone, think I'm doing something beyond the line. It's necessary. Thank you.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
avatar
avatar


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted July 22, 2020 07:41 AM

fred79 said:

Maybe you could have answered when i first asked, and saved me the trouble?

Everyone is busy and everyone is gone for real file for longer time, so many posts remain unnoticed and unanswered.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fred79
fred79


Promising
Undefeatable Hero
My BS sensor is tingling again
posted July 22, 2020 12:34 PM

kongsuni said:
fred79 said:

Maybe you could have answered when i first asked, and saved me the trouble?


It was a problem that must have been pointed out once. I don't know the exact rule of WoG because I am just an infant modder. In any time, please tell me if you, or anyone, think I'm doing something beyond the line. It's necessary. Thank you.


That was meant for avatar, only. You've been very gracious with your contributions and actions here; you're a welcome addition to the community.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kongsuni
kongsuni


Promising
Hired Hero
posted July 23, 2020 02:49 PM

1.6 updated. new artifacts are updated.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
VMaiko
VMaiko


Known Hero
posted August 01, 2020 06:12 PM

What new artifacts were updated?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RodWarrior
RodWarrior


Hired Hero
posted August 01, 2020 07:59 PM

Vmaiko, could we in the future maybe get 3rd upgrade to work with this mod? I would love to get 3rd level with alternative creatures.

Maybe I could even help recolouring some units or something like that...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0616 seconds