Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Tournament of Honor > Thread: TAZAR vs HACK
Thread: TAZAR vs HACK This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV / NEXT»
thecastrated
thecastrated


Known Hero
posted August 03, 2003 06:23 PM

I learnt to take ballistia only if I get archery
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Cold_soul
Cold_soul


Hired Hero
posted August 03, 2003 10:41 PM

Quote:
i  advise that  no one take balistics(you better destroy the wall by trowing whit level 1 or 2 units in it)))is more useful))))))))

How about this wise *** : Me with a secondary hero with stats like 0088 and 7 level 1 spred and a good spell like implo/ and u defending the castle with a hero with 14 14 14 14 as stats and 2 titans on it and spells and everything. Gues who's titans will die if i have balista as skill.
And i wont throw with lvl1 on walls or on your titans

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MONKEY
MONKEY

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 01:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
d3ces, Aquaman333, u guys just been put in nob school.

gl hf

ok you big bad monkey...just learn something from the n00b school...)scouting is the WORST skill in the game.Why?scouting=watchtower...all the mighty skill of scouting is reduce by a simple touch of a watchtower....next...aa!artilery!!!Paladins in the field huh?not exactily...if you are dealing whit an armourer(Neela,Tazar or Mephala)...in one of those battles you wonder if you will make 1.000 damage whit behemonts and you are telling me that one small piece of wood whit an arrow in top of it will make the diference>))))))))))))))))i will give an ideea(from n00b school of course..):if you are so far from this game to chose artilery put it near your fastest unit(you have 50% to doge a basic bersek)And balistics...another very(my mistake..an extremly )good skill...let take this way...50% of battles are not in the castle...so far is a very useful skill..if the battle is in the castle 1)a tactcis is enough to put an big X on that skill 2)a faster unit whit whait in the first round will kill your balista and then retreat safe in the castle 3)just a big hopless and incredible n00b ..implosion...and i could tell you 1.000 more reason that make me belive taht YOU MY FRIEND ARE FAR...FAR....AWAY FROM THIS GAME...



1) scouting worst skill in game ? Correction...not on a scout especially in randoms lol

2) 50% of battles r not in castle.........and the other 50% are castle sitters lol

3) Always take a balista with ya when clearing map, has more uses than maybe u realise !

d3ces....u just failed to graduate from nob school... BACK U GO !!! haha
____________
Dont mess with this Monkey !!!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Aquaman333
Aquaman333


Famous Hero
of the seven seas
posted August 04, 2003 01:25 AM

We're not talking about Scouts. Crag Hack and Tazar are not to be used as scouts at any time. They deserve so much better. Scouting is probably one of the least valuable skills available.
____________
"Brian, look! There's a message in my Alphabits! It says,    
"OOOOOOO!"."  
"Peter, those are Cheerios."-Family Guy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MONKEY
MONKEY

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 02:58 AM

Quote:
We're not talking about Scouts. Crag Hack and Tazar are not to be used as scouts at any time. They deserve so much better. Scouting is probably one of the least valuable skills available.


where in any post did i say take scouting on ya main hero foo ?

*throws more monkey nuts into nob school playground*
____________
Dont mess with this Monkey !!!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Aquaman333
Aquaman333


Famous Hero
of the seven seas
posted August 04, 2003 05:17 AM

If you were talking about scouts, then you were the only one. Everyone else is talking about main heroes, specifically Tazar and Crag Hack. Scouting is useless to Tazar and Hack.
____________
"Brian, look! There's a message in my Alphabits! It says,    
"OOOOOOO!"."  
"Peter, those are Cheerios."-Family Guy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Apophis
Apophis


Known Hero
Creeping Death
posted August 04, 2003 02:12 PM

No way dude. you should allways take Scouting on Tazar and Hack and you'll see that you'll never loose again.
____________
Ars Moriendi

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MONKEY
MONKEY

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 06:28 PM

this is thread about taz vs hack ?

hmmm, no1 told me that

(this monkey is so funny dont u think)

hahahaha
____________
Dont mess with this Monkey !!!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
d3ces
d3ces

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 07:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
i  advise that  no one take balistics(you better destroy the wall by trowing whit level 1 or 2 units in it)))is more useful))))))))

How about this wise *** : Me with a secondary hero with stats like 0088 and 7 level 1 spred and a good spell like implo/ and u defending the castle with a hero with 14 14 14 14 as stats and 2 titans on it and spells and everything. Gues who's titans will die if i have balista as skill.
And i wont throw with lvl1 on walls or on your titans

man...if the defender is a good player belive me he will destroy your balista before you can use it or in other cases after 1 round

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
d3ces
d3ces

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 08:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
d3ces, Aquaman333, u guys just been put in nob school.

gl hf

ok you big bad monkey...just learn something from the n00b school...)scouting is the WORST skill in the game.Why?scouting=watchtower...all the mighty skill of scouting is reduce by a simple touch of a watchtower....next...aa!artilery!!!Paladins in the field huh?not exactily...if you are dealing whit an armourer(Neela,Tazar or Mephala)...in one of those battles you wonder if you will make 1.000 damage whit behemonts and you are telling me that one small piece of wood whit an arrow in top of it will make the diference>))))))))))))))))i will give an ideea(from n00b school of course..):if you are so far from this game to chose artilery put it near your fastest unit(you have 50% to doge a basic bersek)And balistics...another very(my mistake..an extremly )good skill...let take this way...50% of battles are not in the castle...so far is a very useful skill..if the battle is in the castle 1)a tactcis is enough to put an big X on that skill 2)a faster unit whit whait in the first round will kill your balista and then retreat safe in the castle 3)just a big hopless and incredible n00b ..implosion...and i could tell you 1.000 more reason that make me belive taht YOU MY FRIEND ARE FAR...FAR....AWAY FROM THIS GAME...



1) scouting worst skill in game ? Correction...not on a scout especially in randoms lol

2) 50% of battles r not in castle.........and the other 50% are castle sitters lol

3) Always take a balista with ya when clearing map, has more uses than maybe u realise !

d3ces....u just failed to graduate from nob school... BACK U GO !!! haha


1)corection:Hack and Tazar are not scouts...maybe you use them like scouts... hwo knows?....
2)50% of battles are in castles-agree but...if you are the defender?...PLEASE MISTER PRIMATE DONT KILL ME WHIT BALISTA!!!
3)ya right...a lot of artifacts and utopies are defended by walls..and castels even in month 4 you can beat them  without losing anything..the computer always charge you...you must know that.
And if i just failed to graduate from noob school then...take some lessons from a noob!!and remember:humans a re a lot more inteligent then monkeys)))

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
d3ces
d3ces

Tavern Dweller
posted August 04, 2003 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
We're not talking about Scouts. Crag Hack and Tazar are not to be used as scouts at any time. They deserve so much better. Scouting is probably one of the least valuable skills available.


where in any post did i say take scouting on ya main hero foo ?

*throws more monkey nuts into nob school playground*
excuse me mister monkey i think you enttered the rong forum..we discus here about main heroes...you have right aquamen!
throw more monkey nuts into noob graveyard!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lord_Woock
Lord_Woock


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Daddy Cool with a $90 smile
posted August 04, 2003 08:22 PM

Quote:
3)ya right...a lot of artifacts and utopies are defended by walls..and castels even in month 4 you can beat them  without losing anything..the computer always charge you...you must know that.


Ooookay.... And who else around here is talking about playing against the comp?
____________
My buddy's doing a webcomic and would certainly appreciate it if you checked it out!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maximus
Maximus


Famous Hero
Bronzed God
posted August 04, 2003 09:02 PM
Edited By: Maximus on 4 Aug 2003



guess what, if u use Taz as Main then Hack becomes a scout

if u use Hack as Main then Taz becomes a scout

cant have 2 main's cause thats not what MAIN means

oh, i forgot, u pick ur heros at start of game

i like hack man anyday
____________
Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick !

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
d3ces
d3ces

Tavern Dweller
posted August 05, 2003 07:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
3)ya right...a lot of artifacts and utopies are defended by walls..and castels even in month 4 you can beat them  without losing anything..the computer always charge you...you must know that.


Ooookay.... And who else around here is talking about playing against the comp?

nobody is talking about plaing against the comp.that was a response for monkey...he said that balista is good to clear the map..in a player vs player game not in a player vs copm game...you missunderstand

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Aquaman333
Aquaman333


Famous Hero
of the seven seas
posted August 05, 2003 07:48 AM

Ballistas are nice against Computer players, but against humans, they are way too expensive for my tastes.
____________
"Brian, look! There's a message in my Alphabits! It says,    
"OOOOOOO!"."  
"Peter, those are Cheerios."-Family Guy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lord_Woock
Lord_Woock


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Daddy Cool with a $90 smile
posted August 05, 2003 12:33 PM

Quote:
castels even in month 4 you can beat them  without losing anything..the computer always charge you...you must know that.



Maybe I'm wrong, but this part made me think that you were talking about sieges against the comp.
____________
My buddy's doing a webcomic and would certainly appreciate it if you checked it out!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
d3ces
d3ces

Tavern Dweller
posted August 05, 2003 07:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
castels even in month 4 you can beat them  without losing anything..the computer always charge you...you must know that.



Maybe I'm wrong, but this part made me think that you were talking about sieges against the comp.

yes is about sieges against the comp baut i mean the comp that control units and castels on the map in a player vs player game...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Orc
Orc


Adventuring Hero
posted February 25, 2015 12:39 AM

Hello guys,

so I saw some some post there by wub or some other guy quoting him said something like

"offense is always better than armorer. armor become better only when lvl become 43 or something"

but why? I think that guy is thinking the wrong way. Armorer defend with range attack as well, offense do work with range. so the thoughts I had was something like.... making sort of common unit.

so what I did was converting armor reductino into effective HP increment, sort of:

1 / 0.85 ~ 17.7% ~ 18%

and then considering that bonus for all units

army factor after armorrer bonus = 7 + 7 X 0.18 =8.27

army factor Offense bonus = 7 + 5 X 0.3 = 8.50

so yea, offense is slightly better from this point of view, but you have to keep in mind one thing: tazar armorrer growth is better offense growth of crag. How?

to illustrate this point, see the following examples:

20% reduction is equivalent to 125% Effective HP
25% reduction is equivalent to 133% Effective HP
33% reduction is equivalent to 150% Effective HP
40% reduction is equivalent to 167% Effective HP
50% reduction is equivalent to 200% Effective HP (because he will take double his hitpoints before he die )
67% reduction is equivalent to 300% Effective HP
75% reduction is equivalent to 400% Effective HP



so I think you notice now that each successive reduction is slightly, or drastically, more worth than the previous step of reduction. it can be seen from the above examples that stepping from 0 to 50% is same as worth as stepping from 50% to 75% , and such.

and anyway, it will be easier for tazar to surpass crag from this point of view (he dont need lvl 43, he will maybe need lvl 20 or 21 or something). However, I must admit there has been quite good arguments why crag IS better vs those mages and so so. but anyway, i actually was craggger but now i preffer tazar more. I just like defense (objectivity vanished lol)

anyway:
1 sorry for necrmancer. I wanted to make new thread and so i had to reply and this is good thread to reply to.
2 sorry that i dont find the thread that wub or the guy who quoted wub so i couldnt answer there but these 2 threads saying the same thing

3 i hope i can now post new thread or all my effort in vein lol





 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
vesuvius
vesuvius

Hero of Order
Honor Above all Else
posted February 27, 2015 03:06 AM

blast from the past

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
adriancat
adriancat


Famous Hero
Protector Of The Peace
posted June 29, 2015 10:18 PM

I can certainly tell you that Tazar > Crag Hack. I don't know why, but Armorer heroes are always tougher than Offense heroes

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0573 seconds