Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: WCL: Welcome to new Homm3 version - T.E.!
Thread: WCL: Welcome to new Homm3 version - T.E.! This thread is 16 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 · «PREV / NEXT»
dimis
dimis


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Digitally signed by FoG
posted October 06, 2008 06:56 AM
Edited by dimis at 07:13, 06 Oct 2008.

Quote:
I don't know if this is a template problem or TE but I've been locked in a zone with no exits, no portals and no entrance to treasure zone, I don't recall ever seeing this before TE.
It's rare but it happens. I guess you can see it on "demanding" templates. I mean it's not T.E.'s fault.
____________
The empty set

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SAG
SAG


Promising
Supreme Hero
WCL owner
posted October 06, 2008 02:34 PM

Quote:
I would like the option (in game) to disable the classes

Not sure, perhaps will be possible to make switches ON/OFF in WOG OPTIONS. However, i don't think that it's really needed. One of WOG's problems was too much flexibility. You don't need to switch classes on/off too often.
Quote:

Do not remove the quick combat using mana (we always play every battle on quick combat either w/ mana or w/o)

Hmm. Nobody removes quick combat. There is choice to fight with or w/o mana

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
draco
draco


Promising
Famous Hero
posted October 06, 2008 06:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if this is a template problem or TE but I've been locked in a zone with no exits, no portals and no entrance to treasure zone, I don't recall ever seeing this before TE.
It's rare but it happens. I guess you can see it on "demanding" templates. I mean it's not T.E.'s fault.


Thanks Dismis

I was using Jebus Cross on that one, but yeah it happenes rarely, it just happened to take 2 hrs to figure it out on hotseat.

Quote:
Quote:



Do not remove the quick combat using mana (we always play every battle on quick combat either w/ mana or w/o)




Hmm. Nobody removes quick combat. There is choice to fight with or w/o mana  


Sorry this was in response to an earlier poster who claimed that nobody in their right mind (over exageration) would allow quick combat to be used in a situation where magic could be usefull.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
night_on_earth
night_on_earth


Hired Hero
posted October 07, 2008 05:53 PM

on balancing might and magic

Quote:

Please post here your feedback about TE and any future ideas/needs.



As I already stated in a previous posting your contribution to the heroes community is much appreciated by me. I have not yet installed TE, but I read the manual carefully. So I only can contribute ideas or proposals, but no experience.

You put some efforts in balancing towns, which look quite promising. The Conflux approach looks good. However I am curious if Necropolis is considered balanced now by people who tested it.

You also put efforts in balancing heroes (e.g. the Tyraxor vs. Crack Hack issue), which look appealing. I especially like the approach to implement mass spells differently from the current approach.

It appears to me that the ever lasting preference for might heroes is the consequence of mass spells being available for them just as well as for magic heroes. Take this possibility away, and magic heroes can probably play on equal terms, some adaptations notwithstanding.

This can be achieved by making mass spells at least level three and by banning wisdom from might heroes, or by leaving mass spells as they are and banning earth/air/fire/water magic from might heroes.

I hope the most of you are with me when I'm saying the the current spell system in HoMM3 is one of its major drawbacks. Nearly every spell is available for every hero on every level of magic (basic/advanced/expert). That makes magic arbitrary, to some extent hero classes as well, and give might heroes the decisive edge.


My other point is your approach to balance secondary skills. The unbalanced second skill system is IMHO the second major drawback of HoMM3. The regarding WoG scripts are a good example how to improve it. Pathfinding and mysticsm suddenly are quite useful accompnying skills. Again I think that you made a big step in the right direction, but there are still some "must have" skills and some a player wishes to avoid.

For instance take luck and morale and their accompanying artefacts/spells. With the meager probabilities to occur these skills are quite crappy, and the spells without use. Considerably buffing their chances to occur would be a good idea, I believe. Also implementing misfortune, as I read somewhere looks nice. In general I like the approach of HoMM4/HoMM5 to buff luck and morale, because it adds an interesting tactical element to the game.

Sorcery is another issue. Direct damage spells are not the first choice, even taking into account your adaptions. And on top of it meager 30% (or is it 20%); no effect for non damage spells? Noone would wish to acquire this skill.

I stop here although I could continue for hours to cite items from my wishlist. I just mention the major change in WoG regarding the "Protection from ..." spells as another good example from your site how one could improve the game we all love.

Thank you and the developers for putting so much time, effort and devotion into the game and for sharing your work with us.





____________
night on earth

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SAG
SAG


Promising
Supreme Hero
WCL owner
posted November 29, 2008 06:20 PM

some information about next version of TE:
Most likely I will do it together with WIC, Sir Four and few other people. Time: april-may 2009. Next version will be completely random-map-oriented.
Some thoughts about features:
- quick combat will be enhanced a lot. Current vision: with CTRL+attack will always happen quick combat (with pop-up dialogue about mana usage), without CTRL will always be normal battle. Some stupid losses of quick combat may be avoided, like lowering speed of quick creatures (so you will shoot slow creatures instead of attacking them by fast units). Possibly will be apportunity to play normal battle if you don't like results of quick combat (under discussion)
- all movements of heroes will be recorded and will be possible to see them after the game
- all battles will be recorded too, so you will be able to share a lot of game info, learn from saves
- pre-made formations for heroes with Tactics
- ally management in game (you will be allowed to change allies)
- sound management options (will be possible to switch off all sound effects except selected, important sounds like: next turn, chat, disconnection, final countdown of seconds)
- will be possible to see current secondary skills on level-up (as reminder)
- Armor will be set back it was in SOD (5/10/15%)
- Mysticism up (10/20/30%)
- will be 2 new heroes (centaur and pikeman specialists)
- will be possible to upgrade vampires without Amplifier
- vampire growth will be back to 4 (basic) as in SOD
- will be some changes in secondary skills of heroes, so there will be more good, interesting heroes
- Hives and Cons perhaps will be revised (under discussion, maybe their inner guards will be changed and reward will change too)
- all mages will start with Magic Arrow in addition to their spell
- some nice hints about demon farming (message box will show how many creatures you need for demons)

I will keep you informed


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
rainalcar
rainalcar


Promising
Famous Hero
Heroji su zakon
posted November 29, 2008 10:01 PM
Edited by rainalcar at 00:04, 30 Nov 2008.

I like it all. Other suggestions:


-Special terrain types can appear on random as small patches. I believe we should really try to utilize as much as the game has to offer.

-Make all buildings possible on all terrains on random.

-If possible, allow the possibility of negative luck occurrence, analog to negative morale.

-I believe that Diplomacy can return, if changed. It is possible to preset it in a way so that join chances are reallistic, 5-10% max. I can explain more if neeccessary.

-OFFENSE
Changed to 5/15/20% (was 10/20/30%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Offense bonus (bisected).

-ARMORER
Changed to 3/6/10% (was 5/10/15%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Armorer bonus (bisected).

-ARCHERY
Changed to 10/20/40% (was 10/25/50%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Archery bonus (bisected).

-ESTATES
200/400/600.
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,1 * Estates bonus (1200 on level 10, 1800 on level 20 etc).

-LOGISTICS
Changed to 5/10/15%.
Specialty changed to +50% on level 20.

-SCHOLAR
Changed to level 2/3/5.

-TOWNS
All towns start with level 1 building only.

Artifact Merchants change their offer weekly.

All Mage Guilds precious resource prices changed from 4/6/8/10 for levels 2-5 to 2/4/6/8.

In order to make money build more worthwhile, following changes are introduced:
-Town Hall cost reduced to 2000 (from 2500)
-Blacksmith cost reduced to 500 (1000)
-City Hall cost reduced to 3000 (5000).
The total cost of Citadel/Castle/Capitol is 17500. This has been redistributed as such:
-Citadel cost increased to 4000 (2500)
-Castle cost increased to 8000 (5000)
-Capitol cost reduced to 5000 (10000)
This should make you really think what build path to take, depending on the map.

-MAP OBJECTS
Level 7 dwellings are replaced by a random level 8-10 dwelling.

Cartographer: increased price to 30000.

Hillfort: all upgrades cost 250% of their normal price.

All heroes may sacrifice both artifacts and creatures on the Altar.

Witch Huts can teach a hero all skills (except Necromancy of course).

Decreased money that Utopias provide from 20/30/40/50k to 15/20/25/35k.

-ARTIFACTS
In the game there are 36 Treasure, 21 Minor, 40 Major and 23 Relic artifacts. With the changes underneath this adjusts to 29 Treasure, 37 Minor, 31 Major, 25 Relic.

Ring of the Magi may appear/be assembled and is a Major artifact.

Wizardís Well may appear/be assembled and is a Relic artifact.

Vial of Dragon Blood may appear and is a Major artifact.

Boots of Levitation are disabled.

Pendant of Dispassion (Berserk) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Second Sight (Blind) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Pendant of Holiness (Curse) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Free Will (Hypnotize) is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Total Recall (Forgetfulness) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Recanterís Cloack is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Golden Bow is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Shackles of War is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Orb of Vulnerability is a Major artifact (was Relic).
Because it makes fights more interesting.

Ring of Vitality is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Statesmanís Medal, Diplomatís Ring and Ambassador Sash are Treasure artifacts (were Major).

Necklace of Swiftness is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Spirit of Oppression is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Hourglass of the Evil Hour is a Minor artifact (was Treasure). (major ako se moěe implementirat negativan luck)

Still Eye of the Dragon is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

All Legion artifacts are Minor (best two were Major).

Endless Purse of Gold (+500) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Endless Sack of Gold (+1000) is a Minor artifact (was Relic).

Garniture of Interference (+5% Resistance) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

All +1 resource artifacts are Minor artifacts (were Major).

Badge of Courage is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Courage is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Equestrianís Gloves is a Major artifact (was Minor).

Boots of Speed is a Relic artifact (was Minor).

Necklace of the Ocean Guidance is a Major artifact (was Minor).

Sea Captainís Hat is a Minor artifact (was Relic).

Sword of Judgement and Helm of Heavenly Enlightment changed to +4 all. Lionshield of Courage and Celestial Necklace of Bliss changed to +3 all. Boots and Armor changed to +1 all (major).

Spellbinderís Hat and all Tomes require Expert Wisdom to equip.

Boots of Polarity now provide 25% resistance (was 15%).

Change Orb of Inhibition so that it disables level 4-5 hero cast spells, and change Recanterís so that it disables lvl1-3 hero cast spells. Now that will be interesting, since Recanterís will actually become a magic hero favored artifact. Other effects considering creature specialties etc. remained unchanged.





____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
liophy
liophy


Famous Hero
Bulgarian
posted December 25, 2008 08:50 PM

Make it possible to exchange artefacts between garison and town hero. Its a major problem if you have 9 heroes (1 in town).

About hit-run restriction. Make it possible to escape the same round even after casting spell, if the other player cast aswell. If someone want the hit-run rule to be in force - just dont cast spell.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SAG
SAG


Promising
Supreme Hero
WCL owner
posted December 27, 2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

-Special terrain types can appear on random as small patches. I believe we should really try to utilize as much as the game has to offer.


Hard to make it interesting. Just putting in random places is not good idea. However maybe it will be possible to make good algorythm later.
Quote:

-Make all buildings possible on all terrains on random.


Perhaps.
Quote:

-If possible, allow the possibility of negative luck occurrence, analog to negative morale.

Possibly, but not soon.
Quote:

-I believe that Diplomacy can return, if changed. It is possible to preset it in a way so that join chances are reallistic, 5-10% max. I can explain more if neeccessary.


Diplo is too random factor. Either weak or very strong. Currently i propose that diplo will decrease enemy's army to 10/15/20%. If battle is lost then "reduced" monsters join back
Quote:

-OFFENSE
Changed to 5/15/20% (was 10/20/30%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Offense bonus (bisected).


I dislike this. Maybe we will discuss it later
Quote:

-ARMORER
Changed to 3/6/10% (was 5/10/15%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Armorer bonus (bisected).


I dislike this. Maybe we will discuss it later

Quote:

-ARCHERY
Changed to 10/20/40% (was 10/25/50%).
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,025 * Archery bonus (bisected).


I dislike this. Maybe we will discuss it later

Quote:

-ESTATES
200/400/600.
Specialty changed to Hero level * 0,1 * Estates bonus (1200 on level 10, 1800 on level 20 etc).


Possibly
Quote:

-LOGISTICS
Changed to 5/10/15%.
Specialty changed to +50% on level 20.


I dislike this. Maybe we will discuss it later
Quote:

-SCHOLAR
Changed to level 2/3/5.


There are planned changes to this skill. Under discussion
Quote:

-TOWNS
All towns start with level 1 building only.


I dislike this. Maybe we will discuss it later

Quote:

Artifact Merchants change their offer weekly.


Possibly

Quote:

All Mage Guilds precious resource prices changed from 4/6/8/10 for levels 2-5 to 2/4/6/8.


Possibly

Quote:

In order to make money build more worthwhile, following changes are introduced:
-Town Hall cost reduced to 2000 (from 2500)
-Blacksmith cost reduced to 500 (1000)
-City Hall cost reduced to 3000 (5000).
The total cost of Citadel/Castle/Capitol is 17500. This has been redistributed as such:
-Citadel cost increased to 4000 (2500)
-Castle cost increased to 8000 (5000)
-Capitol cost reduced to 5000 (10000)
This should make you really think what build path to take, depending on the map.


Possibly. Need to be discussed, tested. Not planned for current release

Quote:

-MAP OBJECTS
Level 7 dwellings are replaced by a random level 8-10 dwelling.


no

Quote:

Cartographer: increased price to 30000.


Perhaps better to change function as "opens current zone only".

Quote:

Hillfort: all upgrades cost 250% of their normal price.


Perhaps better change to "only upgrade on level 1-4 is allowed"
Quote:

All heroes may sacrifice both artifacts and creatures on the Altar.


AFAIK it's done already in TE

Quote:

Witch Huts can teach a hero all skills (except Necromancy of course).


To be discussed

Quote:

Decreased money that Utopias provide from 20/30/40/50k to 15/20/25/35k.


To be discussed

Quote:

-ARTIFACTS
In the game there are 36 Treasure, 21 Minor, 40 Major and 23 Relic artifacts. With the changes underneath this adjusts to 29 Treasure, 37 Minor, 31 Major, 25 Relic.

Ring of the Magi may appear/be assembled and is a Major artifact.

Wizardís Well may appear/be assembled and is a Relic artifact.

Vial of Dragon Blood may appear and is a Major artifact.

Boots of Levitation are disabled.

Pendant of Dispassion (Berserk) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Second Sight (Blind) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Pendant of Holiness (Curse) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Free Will (Hypnotize) is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Total Recall (Forgetfulness) is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Recanterís Cloack is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Golden Bow is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Shackles of War is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Orb of Vulnerability is a Major artifact (was Relic).
Because it makes fights more interesting.

Ring of Vitality is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Statesmanís Medal, Diplomatís Ring and Ambassador Sash are Treasure artifacts (were Major).

Necklace of Swiftness is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

Spirit of Oppression is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Hourglass of the Evil Hour is a Minor artifact (was Treasure). (major ako se moěe implementirat negativan luck)

Still Eye of the Dragon is a Minor artifact (was Treasure).

All Legion artifacts are Minor (best two were Major).

Endless Purse of Gold (+500) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

Endless Sack of Gold (+1000) is a Minor artifact (was Relic).

Garniture of Interference (+5% Resistance) is a Minor artifact (was Major).

All +1 resource artifacts are Minor artifacts (were Major).

Badge of Courage is a Major artifact (was Treasure).

Pendant of Courage is a Relic artifact (was Major).

Equestrianís Gloves is a Major artifact (was Minor).

Boots of Speed is a Relic artifact (was Minor).

Necklace of the Ocean Guidance is a Major artifact (was Minor).

Sea Captainís Hat is a Minor artifact (was Relic).

Sword of Judgement and Helm of Heavenly Enlightment changed to +4 all. Lionshield of Courage and Celestial Necklace of Bliss changed to +3 all. Boots and Armor changed to +1 all (major).

Spellbinderís Hat and all Tomes require Expert Wisdom to equip.

Boots of Polarity now provide 25% resistance (was 15%).

Change Orb of Inhibition so that it disables level 4-5 hero cast spells, and change Recanterís so that it disables lvl1-3 hero cast spells. Now that will be interesting, since Recanterís will actually become a magic hero favored artifact. Other effects considering creature specialties etc. remained unchanged.


To be discussed. Mostly disagree, though some ideas are not bad

Quote:

Make it possible to exchange artefacts between garison and town hero. Its a major problem if you have 9 heroes (1 in town).


Great idea! Thanks Liophy. I will try to do it soon.

Quote:

About hit-run restriction. Make it possible to escape the same round even after casting spell, if the other player cast aswell. If someone want the hit-run rule to be in force - just dont cast spell.


To be discussed. Mostly agree

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 28, 2008 07:47 AM

Make it possible to remove obelisks

Most games are played with "No Grail" anyway and those obelisks always block roads and stuff.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 28, 2008 03:15 PM

I downloaded the script, but i wonder what should i do next.

I want to use it both with SOD and TE, is it possible ? Where should i put the script ? Do both players need to have it in order to work ?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 28, 2008 03:49 PM

T.E. uses WOG platform AFAIK, so where should i put this script ?
____________
And you believed that?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rainalcar
Rainalcar


Promising
Famous Hero
Heroji su zakon
posted December 28, 2008 08:23 PM

The best possibility would be to reveal the map only after all obelisks have been visited. That way it would not be necessary to ban them. If it's possible to do ofcourse.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hell_Wizard
Hell_Wizard


Famous Hero
posted December 28, 2008 08:25 PM

No...the difference will be to small......
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 29, 2008 07:22 AM

It says that "Installation cannot continue bacause some .WOG files may be broken". Any clues what i do wrong ?

I changed the regional settings to English USA and USA.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 29, 2008 04:21 PM

Now it installed correctly but there are still obelisks on the map. I guess it does not work with T.E.

10x for the effort though
____________
And you believed that?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 30, 2008 06:15 AM

I do not want obelisks at all on the map, because they often block roads and paths. Moreover, i have never built a Grail structure in an online game, nor have i ever tried to dig for the grail.

Grail is a nice idea, but is not realistically done. It costs so much time and efforts that it is not worth trying.
____________
And you believed that?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted December 30, 2008 07:26 AM

?! What is wrong with you people? TE is not using WoG scripts in timed events. You don't want obelisks to block the paths? Then download and play the random templates, for which TE was created.
____________
Era II mods and utilities

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 30, 2008 08:48 AM

To Salamandre

And exactly what do you think i am playing ? Randoms are swarmed with obelisks which serve no purpose at all. Early in the game they can really slow you down, because they are often guarded by shooters that cannot be easily defeated.
____________
And you believed that?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted December 30, 2008 09:05 AM

Which random template is swarmed with obelisks blocking the path?
____________
Era II mods and utilities

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Fank0
Fank0


Known Hero
There are no limits
posted December 30, 2008 06:36 PM

Since it is a RANDOM template it is not always the same. But most of the time on almost ANY random template there are lots of obelisks scattered around - sometimes near the road and sometimes far from it. In both cases they are often hard to deal with early in the game.

But since you can't get what I mean so far i doubt you will now.
____________
And you believed that?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 16 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll †† Post New Topic †† Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0929 seconds