Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: Heroes III: Day of Reckoning Announce Teaser
Thread: Heroes III: Day of Reckoning Announce Teaser This thread is 22 pages long: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 22 · «PREV / NEXT»
fiorin
fiorin


Promising
Famous Hero
☠️
posted March 09, 2023 06:15 PM

FirePaladin said:
Little tease.



But indeed, that is the case. We are constantly working on DoR in order to actually complete the assets. We largely value deeds over words.
As for me, right now I am remaking the town's fortifications, which are one of the few last 3D models to finish for the town screen (to note: 3D model =/= materials and textures). Don't worry, the general snowflake-walls castle with towers design won't change.


Really interesting piece

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted March 09, 2023 07:33 PM

@Mitsche91

You're welcome! And indeed, that's right, it is a part of the town screen! Same goes for the gif with the modified building above.


@fiorin

Thank you! I have to give credit where it's due, and say that the author of that building's model is @Lord_Immortal (he has joined the team last year). Materials made by me and another member.
____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
pellish
pellish


Famous Hero
posted March 09, 2023 10:04 PM

FirePaladin said:
Little tease.



But indeed, that is the case. We are constantly working on DoR in order to actually complete the assets. We largely value deeds over words.
As for me, right now I am remaking the town's fortifications, which are one of the few last 3D models to finish for the town screen (to note: 3D model =/= materials and textures). Don't worry, the general snowflake-walls castle with towers design won't change.


Awesome! Thanks for the insight.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mitsche91
Mitsche91


Hired Hero
posted March 09, 2023 10:41 PM

FirePaladin said:
@Mitsche91

You're welcome! And indeed, that's right, it is a part of the town screen! Same goes for the gif with the modified building above.


This kind of news made my day
I have a few questions about these pictures, but probably this would go too far and you will share more information later.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted March 09, 2023 10:52 PM

Or, you could ask, but I'll answer with something like this:


____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
fiorin
fiorin


Promising
Famous Hero
☠️
posted March 10, 2023 02:19 PM

FirePaladin said:
Or, you could ask, but I'll answer with something like this:




If this is part of the spoiler, I'm sure it is an upgraded version!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Winston
Winston


Known Hero
posted March 10, 2023 11:18 PM

Do you think maybe you made the announcement thread for DoR a year too early?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted March 10, 2023 11:45 PM

@fiorin




@Winston

It's a teaser announcement thread. This thread will be closed when the mod is announced in its entirety. At first, it seemed to have perhaps been made too early, but not long after that our team has started to grow significantly, and the growth still continues.
____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Drakon-Deus
Drakon-Deus


Undefeatable Hero
Qapla'
posted April 06, 2023 08:21 PM

Any news?
____________
Horses don't die on a dog's wish.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted April 07, 2023 12:58 AM

Just the usual
There isn't much new to really announce or show for now, at least not without spoiling too much. Even for the past month, I've been working on either town screen, nitpicking details or developing yet-unannounced content. Same goes for other team members, most of whom probably don't even have a Heroes Community account. =p
But yeah, despite the silence in here, there is progress every day. I too am very eager to show substantial things, but everything must be done properly and at the right moment.


____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
fiorin
fiorin


Promising
Famous Hero
☠️
posted April 07, 2023 03:11 PM

FirePaladin said:
Just the usual
There isn't much new to really announce or show for now, at least not without spoiling too much. Even for the past month, I've been working on either town screen, nitpicking details or developing yet-unannounced content. Same goes for other team members, most of whom probably don't even have a Heroes Community account. =p
But yeah, despite the silence in here, there is progress every day. I too am very eager to show substantial things, but everything must be done properly and at the right moment.




FirePaladin, lets do a questions/answers spoilerless.

From the lineup, which is your favorite creature? Without revealing, why is that? Is too out of the curve?

In a scale of Inferno to Necropolis, how strong are those cold elves?
(I really like inferno as much necro)

The other town screen you have been working, the theme would be evil, good or neutral?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted April 07, 2023 04:18 PM

Alright!

From the Palace lineup, my favorite creature has to be either the default T6 or T7. Why? I am fan of both their concept and execution. And of course, VFX. I can say that both of them are creatures which I've seen the community ask for or theorize about, as well as concepts which NWC has touched. Might not be that hard to guess what they are, actually.

I do like both Inferno and Necro too! And the town themes (including the more x-files-y intro to Inferno) are quite atmospheric.
If by "Cold Elves" you mean "Snow Elves and High Elves", I'd say around Castle/Rampart-level (though it's still a bit of a rough reference for a creature)? Offensively and against ranged units, they are better than Magi, but they have lower defenses (at least with test stats), so a bit better than Tower. If you mean "Palace", case in which the scale makes more sense, I can't tell for sure so far. I am not a pro player, despite encouraging a fairly pro-PvP attitude myself. But it's definitely no Inferno haha! And there are some interesting traits to play with. I might be saying too much by telling you that Palace heroes have a certain time-related advantage....

The theme of the other town screen I'm working on is Evil.
____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted April 07, 2023 04:20 PM

FirePaladin said:
Just the usual
There isn't much new to really announce or show for now, at least not without spoiling too much. Even for the past month, I've been working on either town screen, nitpicking details or developing yet-unannounced content. Same goes for other team members, most of whom probably don't even have a Heroes Community account. =p
But yeah, despite the silence in here, there is progress every day. I too am very eager to show substantial things, but everything must be done properly and at the right moment.



Very nice, you have much skill!
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Known Hero
posted April 08, 2023 12:39 AM

FirePaladin said:
Alright!

From the Palace lineup, my favorite creature has to be either the default T6 or T7. Why? I am fan of both their concept and execution. And of course, VFX. I can say that both of them are creatures which I've seen the community ask for or theorize about, as well as concepts which NWC has touched. Might not be that hard to guess what they are, actually.

As a Day of the Destroyer player, I feel obligated to put in a Frost Giant guess at that - as with the more Gigantes-leaning Tower Giants being high tier seems fitting, and while NWC didn't show frost giants, they did establish them as existing on Vori (and as being at least sufficiently sophisticated to be master cheesemakers, so certainly not mere brutes).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted April 08, 2023 05:15 PM
Edited by FirePaladin at 17:16, 08 Apr 2023.

User avatar checks out =p

In fact, MM8 is not the only apparition of Frost Giants in the MM franchise either: there is such a monster in MM1 too, as well as a Frost Giant named "Yanmir" in MM9.



They are actually present in HoMM2 as well, albeit not visually:




And have a little, silly Frost Giant-related meme at the end (I assume MM8 players will get it):


____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Drakon-Deus
Drakon-Deus


Undefeatable Hero
Qapla'
posted June 11, 2023 01:33 PM

Anything new?
____________
Horses don't die on a dog's wish.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mitsche91
Mitsche91


Hired Hero
posted July 09, 2023 07:10 PM

Dear DoR-Team,
Four months have passed and of course you‘re working hard in the background. Maybe it‘s time for another hint, screenshot or something similar?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
DoR Modder
posted July 12, 2023 12:31 AM
Edited by FirePaladin at 00:32, 12 Jul 2023.

Hi, everyone! I apologize for the delay in writing a message to you all. These last weeks have been busy for me and other team members with summer time! Whatever free time I have is usually spent working on DoR, rather than anything else. In a similar vein, an esteemed community member has covered the "difficulties" of writing even smaller updates, on df2.

As far as Palace itself goes, the only remaining tasks are the siege screen (it has already been sketched, and awaits graphical implementation), some hero work, as well as the polishing of one creature and a few aspects of the town screen. We are also spending time on many other things such as map objects, various QoLs tweaks of older content, other creatures, etc.

As for sharing something more concrete, here is a screenshot which some of you might have previously seen in an AcidCave thread!



If you're wondering about the lack of base/upgrade of some of the creatures you have already seen, that is because we don't want to spoil those versions yet. A few of you might have also spotted a tease of the fortifications' model, in a Discord server!

Lastly, a full update is almost ready... stay tuned!
____________
Enshackling time itself, heralds of the Ancients among their heat-depleted land.... Who could they be, who could rally the beings of the East and the North and control the mortals' fate?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
53lm
53lm


Hired Hero
posted July 12, 2023 01:32 AM

FirePaladin said:
Hi, everyone! I apologize for the delay in writing a message to you all. These last weeks have been busy for me and other team members with summer time! Whatever free time I have is usually spent working on DoR, rather than anything else. In a similar vein, an esteemed community member has covered the "difficulties" of writing even smaller updates, on df2.

As far as Palace itself goes, the only remaining tasks are the siege screen (it has already been sketched, and awaits graphical implementation), some hero work, as well as the polishing of one creature and a few aspects of the town screen. We are also spending time on many other things such as map objects, various QoLs tweaks of older content, other creatures, etc.

As for sharing something more concrete, here is a screenshot which some of you might have previously seen in an AcidCave thread!



If you're wondering about the lack of base/upgrade of some of the creatures you have already seen, that is because we don't want to spoil those versions yet. A few of you might have also spotted a tease of the fortifications' model, in a Discord server!

Lastly, a full update is almost ready... stay tuned!



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BrandochDaha
BrandochDaha


Hired Hero
posted July 12, 2023 04:10 PM

FirePaladin, thanks for the update.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 22 pages long: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 22 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0624 seconds