Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 4 - Lands of Axeoth > Thread: QUESTIONS TOPIC - TECH HELP Centre - Lands Of Axeoth
Thread: QUESTIONS TOPIC - TECH HELP Centre - Lands Of Axeoth This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 · «PREV
iliveinabox05
iliveinabox05


Promising
Known Hero
posted March 06, 2020 09:27 PM

mciric said:
Inspired by the 'Game of Thrones' I have designed the new pyramid for HOMM4 (rough 3d model without texture).

The problem is that this new pyramid exceeds the original's size. I have tried a few times to replace it (with 'H4ResourceEditor') but unsuccessfully.
Down, you will find a link with flat color rendered pyramid and belonging shadow. Maybe you will be successful and save my pyramid.

download link

Resend me .ora file (but tested) and later I will upload new artwork. Thanks.


Which part is unsuccessful? Does the Resource Editor import and save the object, and then the editor crashes when trying to import it? If so, you can try making it a background object (there should be a checkbox you can either check or uncheck, I forget the name of it) to verify the object canvas size is the problem.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mciric
mciric


Hired Hero
posted March 07, 2020 12:19 AM

Quote:
Which part is unsuccessful? Does the Resource Editor import and save the object, and then the editor crashes when trying to import it? If so, you can try making it a background object (there should be a checkbox you can either check or uncheck, I forget the name of it) to verify the object canvas size is the problem.


Simply nothing happens. My pyramid can't be imported even I have followed instructions by 'Karmakeld' about replacing an object wich dimension are larger than original. That is the reason why I have put a download link, maybe someone experienced will solve it.
Only what I need is .ora file which can be imported in game.
Any instruction regarding this problem will be helpful because I want to explore the possibilities of importing new objects completely different than the old one (different dimensions/positions of frame and shadow).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
iliveinabox05
iliveinabox05


Promising
Known Hero
posted March 07, 2020 12:40 AM
Edited by iliveinabox05 at 00:41, 07 Mar 2020.

mciric said:
Simply nothing happens. My pyramid can't be imported even I have followed instructions by 'Karmakeld' about replacing an object wich dimension are larger than original. That is the reason why I have put a download link, maybe someone experienced will solve it.
Only what I need is .ora file which can be imported in game.
Any instruction regarding this problem will be helpful because I want to explore the possibilities of importing new objects completely different than the old one (different dimensions/positions of frame and shadow).


The main problem is the different dimensions, which hopefully we will solve one day.. but the data at the end of the object file has something to do with the dimensions of the image, and if it's not correct is causes a crash when trying to load the object. Making it a background only object gets around this issue, but then it never displays in front of anything.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
radmutant69
radmutant69


Promising
Known Hero
posted March 07, 2020 12:10 PM

mciric said:
Inspired by the 'Game of Thrones' I have designed the new pyramid for HOMM4 (rough 3d model without texture).



The problem is that this new pyramid exceeds the original's size. I have tried a few times to replace it (with 'H4ResourceEditor') but unsuccessfully.
Down, you will find a link with flat color rendered pyramid and belonging shadow. Maybe you will be successful and save my pyramid.

download link

Resend me .ora file (but tested) and later I will upload new artwork. Thanks.


Take a try with this one. I could import it so it should be working for you too.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mciric
mciric


Hired Hero
posted March 07, 2020 07:56 PM
Edited by mciric at 19:49, 08 Mar 2020.

With 'radmutant69' .ora file I can without any problem import pyramid into 'H4ResourceEditor'.
Now the problem is a color distortion when the textured pyramid is imported.
Distortion is the same when you are trying to apply a posterization effect on an image, low color resolution.
Can someone explain to me this strange behavior of colors? Is it every extracted object from the game defined with some kind of color's palette?
When I imported animation in an existing object (uploaded in thread 'graphic area') this problem didn't appear.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
radmutant69
radmutant69


Promising
Known Hero
posted March 17, 2020 07:40 AM

Well, all of the objects and other in-game images have only 256 colors. You should also use such images to import, to avoid color issues, I think. Sorry for the late reply though

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mciric
mciric


Hired Hero
posted March 18, 2020 10:24 PM

radmutant69 said:
Well, all of the objects and other in-game images have only 256 colors. You should also use such images to import, to avoid color issues, I think. Sorry for the late reply though


As I expected, each image is determined by the specific color pallet. On the other hand, I didn't see this kind of distortion in my previous artwork although the colors of animation didn't share the colors of the original image.
If you want to help me I will send you original artwork (base image and shadow image). If some restrictions (say dimensions ...) should be applied to my artwork please inform me.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mciric
mciric


Hired Hero
posted March 18, 2020 10:26 PM

radmutant69 said:
Well, all of the objects and other in-game images have only 256 colors. You should also use such images to import, to avoid color issues, I think. Sorry for the late reply though


As I expected, each image is determined by the specific color pallet. On the other hand, I didn't see this kind of distortion in my previous artwork although the colors of animation didn't share the colors of the original image.
If you want to help me I will send you original artwork (base image and shadow image). If some restrictions (say dimensions ...) should be applied to my artwork please inform me.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
radmutant69
radmutant69


Promising
Known Hero
posted March 19, 2020 07:36 PM

Sure thing, I help if I can.

BTW the biggest image we could import (without being forced to make it a background object) is about 613x635 pixels. However it would be way bigger than the biggest existing object footprint, and I think we can't increase the footprint size yet in the Resource Editor. So it's currently only a theoretical size, but I don't think dimensions would cause any real problem (assuming your image is smaller than that maximum size... )

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mciric
mciric


Hired Hero
posted March 19, 2020 11:41 PM

radmutant69 said:
Sure thing, I help if I can.

BTW the biggest image we could import (without being forced to make it a background object) is about 613x635 pixels. However it would be way bigger than the biggest existing object footprint, and I think we can't increase the footprint size yet in the Resource Editor. So it's currently only a theoretical size, but I don't think dimensions would cause any real problem (assuming your image is smaller than that maximum size... )


Ok. thanks. Until the end of next week, I will send you the finished pyramid.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 10 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0334 seconds