Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 6 - The New Beginning > Thread: Heroes 6: modding
Thread: Heroes 6: modding This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · «PREV / NEXT»
kayna
kayna


Supreme Hero
posted August 05, 2014 02:26 AM

Does this thing even work with 2.1.1 ? I drag something on that orctozip thing but the console window disappear  after a while and nothing happens. I double clic runeeditor but it says "the specified file contains invalid data" .

Not only that but my harddrive fills up the more I drag data files on that orctozip thing yet I have no god damn idea where that data went.

CLearer instructions would have been nice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted August 16, 2014 05:13 AM

Ah it is good to be back after several years and to find out your profile is gone

But any how,

Guys I have been looking at ways to mod/edit Heroes 6 and so far I have read your comments, but I am still confused about what are the procedures to be able to edit core data such as creature growth rate, building incomes and the equipment.

A simple guide is much appreciated.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted August 17, 2014 09:13 PM
Edited by AAASS at 22:47, 17 Aug 2014.

Hi guys, so far reading previous posts, I had major progress. However I am having problems with editing Game.orc file

Each time I try to run the "runeditor" file I get the following error message "The specified file contains invalid data" and the program shuts down.

Any help would be much appreciated.  


Edit:

Okay I managed to solved this problem as well. It turns out I am supposed to ignore this message all together.

However I am facing anther problem. When I open the Game.orc file using the game editor, I get a warning that is not important. But I also get this window that has a header "loading".  I can see all the files are uploaded in the background, but But I cannot play with them since this "loading" window won't go away.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SepSpring
SepSpring


Known Hero
posted August 19, 2014 10:13 AM

What version of the game are you trying to edit?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted August 20, 2014 01:55 AM

OH wow someone is actually active in these forums.

I am trying to edit 2.1.1 I think.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SepSpring
SepSpring


Known Hero
posted August 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Yep

Well, I think there is really no working tool for 2.1.1. I have an editor for 1.1, but the version itself is filled with bugs. Nevertheless, I managed to create some kind of alternative Sanctuary creatures by mixing abilities and changing creatures' characteristics. And it still needs fixing.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted August 21, 2014 01:27 AM

mhmm this gives me an idea.

So basically I need a fresh installation of the game that this editor is working and then I can open up the recent Data files in that and edit them that way.

But I think I am too lazy to do that.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lord_Immortal
Lord_Immortal


Famous Hero
posted August 23, 2014 08:39 PM

How far can one get modding Heroes VI?

Can new creatures or towns be added, assumed one has the necessary skills of modelling,texturing and animating ?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SepSpring
SepSpring


Known Hero
posted August 23, 2014 10:08 PM

Lol, I think modelling, texturing and animating are much easier than coding in this case.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Willow
Willow


Adventuring Hero
Tree of Knowledge
posted August 24, 2014 10:41 AM

Does anyone perhaps know which files to edit in order to change Hero names in the game?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SepSpring
SepSpring


Known Hero
posted August 24, 2014 03:28 PM

The latest "Game.orc" for English and localization files for other languages.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
taltos
taltos

Tavern Dweller
posted September 06, 2014 12:58 PM
Edited by taltos at 13:00, 06 Sep 2014.

Hi

Would somebody be able to help with it in order for me to be allowed to get all of the 2D pictures (ability-, item-, building-, creature icons (need all images for Dungeon faction) in the game and description (ability- and item tooltips)? On the first page of the topic being program (iLivid) granted by a user I cannot use it, installs nothing like that, what would be useful onto the opening of the .orc datafiles and his unpacking.

Would he charge it for me undoing these if somebody knows it?

Thank you

a editor from "Might and Magic Wiki"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted September 07, 2014 03:24 PM

taltos said:
Hi

Would somebody be able to help with it in order for me to be allowed to get all of the 2D pictures (ability-, item-, building-, creature icons (need all images for Dungeon faction) in the game and description (ability- and item tooltips)? On the first page of the topic being program (iLivid) granted by a user I cannot use it, installs nothing like that, what would be useful onto the opening of the .orc datafiles and his unpacking.

Would he charge it for me undoing these if somebody knows it?

Thank you

a editor from "Might and Magic Wiki"


Hi try using the link on page 10 (bottom) in order to download the files you want. That link is broken. Let me know if you have any questions.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted September 07, 2014 03:28 PM

Guys I am trying to make the architect_I ability such that the bonus is applied to total growth (similar to handler) rather than to the dwellings in which the hero is positioned.

I have the codes in the ability file but I don't know what should I do. I have tried several things such as copy pasting the codes from "Handler" to "Architect" but either there is nothing or game doesn't start. (let me know if I am being unclear)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
taltos
taltos

Tavern Dweller
posted September 08, 2014 07:30 PM
Edited by taltos at 20:39, 08 Sep 2014.

AAASS said:
Hi try using the link on page 10 (bottom) in order to download the files you want. That link is broken. Let me know if you have any questions.


I download "Game Orc Editor" and "orc2zip-zip2orc" programs, unzip in game folder but doesn't work. Run "runeditor", wait for load and error message, but doesn't can load orc files, but signal a error and closes the program. The "GameEditor" try open the game, but nothing happens to the menu of the game. The other two programs cease as soon as I start it promptly though. My game version is 2.0.0. (simple "Shades of Darkness" expansion pack).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AAASS
AAASS

Tavern Dweller
posted September 09, 2014 02:19 AM

taltos said:
AAASS said:
Hi try using the link on page 10 (bottom) in order to download the files you want. That link is broken. Let me know if you have any questions.


I download "Game Orc Editor" and "orc2zip-zip2orc" programs, unzip in game folder but doesn't work. Run "runeditor", wait for load and error message, but doesn't can load orc files, but signal a error and closes the program. The "GameEditor" try open the game, but nothing happens to the menu of the game. The other two programs cease as soon as I start it promptly though. My game version is 2.0.0. (simple "Shades of Darkness" expansion pack).


Unfortunately the game editor doesn't work with version 2.0

But what I understood from your initial post was that you wanted the textures and all, and for that there is an alternative way to get that. That that is simply drag the latest Data# (For example Data18 or Data19) and drop it on orc2zip. There should be a folder called textures.

Unfortunately developers didn't provide the modding software since it made it possible to by pass some of the conflux (or online only) content.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
taltos
taltos

Tavern Dweller
posted September 09, 2014 10:36 AM

AAASS said:
Unfortunately the game editor doesn't work with version 2.0

But what I understood from your initial post was that you wanted the textures and all, and for that there is an alternative way to get that. That that is simply drag the latest Data# (For example Data18 or Data19) and drop it on orc2zip. There should be a folder called textures.

Unfortunately developers didn't provide the modding software since it made it possible to by pass some of the conflux (or online only) content.


The "orc2zip" program is working (it was necessary to associate the orc files with the program). I may reach it already now all of the icons and other picture (between them the Dungeon faction (Data 18-19).

Thanks



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
taltos
taltos

Tavern Dweller
posted October 18, 2014 03:37 PM

Somebody know a free program, which is able to open and manage 3D models (*.gobj; *.fx) and textures (*.DDS) from the Data files? I downloaded the 3D Object Converter, but it does not allow it to add the texture to the model.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
mwll-vlaad
mwll-vlaad

Tavern Dweller
posted November 12, 2014 08:35 AM

taltos said:
Somebody know a free program, which is able to open and manage 3D models (*.gobj; *.fx) and textures (*.DDS) from the Data files? I downloaded the 3D Object Converter, but it does not allow it to add the texture to the model.


I highly doubt that you will be able to open those. *.dds you should be able to open with no problem in photoshop but make sure that you have nVidia plugin. dds is compressed texture file (normals,difuse,spec and so on).

As for 3d models... Its common practice to export them in compiled files suited for specific engine, and they get compiled again with build release. As far as I know you cant access those.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Merx
Merx

Tavern Dweller
posted July 18, 2015 02:12 PM

Hi, I wanted to ask if anyone knows about a Mod for simultaneous turns in multiplayer.

Three friends and I bought Heroes yesterday and wanted to play together, but with four people the turns take ages... =(

Thanks for any reply in advance.

---------------------
Another question: Does anyone know how I can edit Game.orc files with version 2.1.0?

And last question: Does anyone have an idea where the multiplayer is handled?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0288 seconds