Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features
Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features This Super Thread is 551 pages long: 1 70 140 210 280 350 420 490 ... 512 513 514 515 516 ... 551 · «PREV / NEXT»
Phoenix4ever
Phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted December 16, 2022 10:25 AM

So is this going to be the year when something finally happens with HotA?
Does anybody know anything?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gnollking
gnollking


Supreme Hero
posted December 16, 2022 02:06 PM

Phoenix4ever said:
So is this going to be the year when something finally happens with HotA?
Does anybody know anything?

The only things we know for sure are the updates by the devs telling us how close they are some time ago, PLUS the latest HD mod updates have had lines saying "compatibility for future HotA version", and historically we have only seen those when a release is near. I don't want to jinx it, but I for one have a pretty good feeling about christmas / new year.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Phoenix4ever
Phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted December 16, 2022 02:50 PM

Yeah I noticed that with HD Mod as well.
Let's just cross our fingers then.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ghost
Ghost


Undefeatable Hero
Therefore I am
posted December 18, 2022 02:39 PM



Isn't beautiful WoG/ERA? A random map

And what? HotA must be the same.. or WoG team takes everyone defs (objects, creatures, etc) to WoG/ERA engine, and OP beauty! HotA is only nerfed and buffed and you know HotA is MP, thus an easy Expert SS.. Why WoG/ERA can also MP? Thus HotA must be the same, and then you choose name engine.. Remember both ERA version.. VCMI took HotA's landscape, thus maybe HotA II in the future.. But those engines have own philosophy.. a.) NERFED b). 4 PHOENIXES c). MOD.. Players can choose them or take everyone..
____________
Fight MWMs - stand teach

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ghost
Ghost


Undefeatable Hero
Therefore I am
posted December 18, 2022 02:50 PM

Install Launcher in WoG/ERA, HotA and Master of Puppets.. with one HD..
____________
Fight MWMs - stand teach

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted December 18, 2022 10:16 PM

gnollking said:
Phoenix4ever said:
So is this going to be the year when something finally happens with HotA?
Does anybody know anything?

The only things we know for sure are the updates by the devs telling us how close they are some time ago, PLUS the latest HD mod updates have had lines saying "compatibility for future HotA version", and historically we have only seen those when a release is near. I don't want to jinx it, but I for one have a pretty good feeling about christmas / new year.


Wouldn't count on it... The last ToDo List was quite long tbh. Not to mention that even some of the devs may be inducted by the
military by now.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wojtulace
wojtulace


Hired Hero
posted December 20, 2022 11:44 PM

P4R4D0X0N said:
gnollking said:
Phoenix4ever said:
So is this going to be the year when something finally happens with HotA?
Does anybody know anything?

The only things we know for sure are the updates by the devs telling us how close they are some time ago, PLUS the latest HD mod updates have had lines saying "compatibility for future HotA version", and historically we have only seen those when a release is near. I don't want to jinx it, but I for one have a pretty good feeling about christmas / new year.


Wouldn't count on it... The last ToDo List was quite long tbh. Not to mention that even some of the devs may be inducted by the
military by now.


Hota devs are excluded from the draft due to Heroes 3 being a national heritage in Russia.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
VMaiko
VMaiko


Known Hero
posted December 21, 2022 03:39 AM

wojtulace said:

Hota devs are excluded from the draft due to Heroes 3 being a national heritage in Russia.


I always found it curious that the Russians have taken over H3, it's a very popular game there and has the biggest fandom, but it wasn't born there in Russia.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Macron1
Macron1


Supreme Hero
posted December 21, 2022 06:19 AM

VMaiko said:
wojtulace said:

Hota devs are excluded from the draft due to Heroes 3 being a national heritage in Russia.


I always found it curious that the Russians have taken over H3, it's a very popular game there and has the biggest fandom, but it wasn't born there in Russia.


Ukrainian and polish modders were the first. I wouldn't skip this fact.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
avatar
avatar


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted December 21, 2022 07:09 AM

From historical point of view, First the Great was GrayFace, author of MMAchive tool. Without it, all modding would not exist. Second were... French guys from this site: http://modhomm3.free.fr/
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted December 21, 2022 08:19 AM
Edited by Salamandre at 08:21, 21 Dec 2022.

Then Fnord, who basically coded almost all scripts to push Grayface's Wog platform to its boundaries. Unfortunately, statistically speaking,  he was American.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gandalf196
Gandalf196


Disgraceful
Supreme Hero
posted December 21, 2022 01:51 PM

Let me address the elephant in the room -- we are not getting anything for Christmas, right?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Planetavril
Planetavril


Famous Hero
posted December 21, 2022 02:05 PM

Gandalf196 said:
Let me address the elephant in the room -- we are not getting anything for Christmas, right?

probably not even on New Year's Eve

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
avatar
avatar


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted December 21, 2022 02:20 PM

In the past HotA team announced New Year's patches few days earlier. Don_ko once said that they don'w wont to be forced to release new version because NYE, and they will release Factory when be ready. I expect only New Years wishes from hota team.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SandroCZ
SandroCZ

Tavern Dweller
Lifelong Scientist
posted December 23, 2022 10:19 PM
Edited by SandroCZ at 22:32, 23 Dec 2022.

Well, it's been three years since I had this clock made for my then five-year-old daughter (enthusiastic player, who calls HotA simply "horses") in anticipation of the Factory, as she often asked when she would be able to play with the city that has this "colourful dragon". It seems like they were made a really long time ago - a lot has happened to the world since then. But just as they've been patiently ticking ever since, so we too continue to humbly wait for the day that the Factory comes out...

Merry Christmas everyone!


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Phoenix4ever
Phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted December 23, 2022 11:28 PM

Nice clock and merry christmas to you good sir.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Planetavril
Planetavril


Famous Hero
posted December 24, 2022 07:06 AM

merry Christmas to all

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
NimoStar
NimoStar


Responsible
Legendary Hero
Modding the Unmoddable
posted December 24, 2022 08:38 PM

It's already Christmas in Russia

No release

Congratulations, you played yourselves :v
____________
Never changing = never improving

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Krs
Krs


Famous Hero
posted December 24, 2022 09:59 PM

6+9+11=26!
So... Tomorrow , cant wait!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
pellish
pellish


Famous Hero
posted December 25, 2022 03:14 AM

NimoStar said:
It's already Christmas in Russia

No release

Congratulations, you played yourselves :v

They used to release on New Years, not Christmas.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Super Thread is 551 pages long: 1 70 140 210 280 350 420 490 ... 512 513 514 515 516 ... 551 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.6574 seconds