Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: Dungeon ~ Inferno
Thread: Dungeon ~ Inferno This thread is 11 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 · «PREV / NEXT»
Alex_Yakub
Alex_Yakub


Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 07:01 PM

Raelag84 said:
Galaad said:
TDL said:
I think Medusae would fit Dungeon quite well. Just make the head on shadow matriarchs swarm with black snakes get rid of the Matriach and voila

=))


All do respect, No.

Seriously, the dark elves are not going to be H3 dungeon ever, so please just leave it alone.

This
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Protolisk
Protolisk


Promising
Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 07:31 PM

Alex_Yakub said:
Raelag84 said:

All do respect, No.

Seriously, the dark elves are not going to be H3 dungeon ever, so please just leave it alone.

This


Um...

H6 Dungeon was the closest I've seen to H3 Dungeon. Minotaur, Dragon, Mantiocre, lower level Eyeball shooter (beholder/lurker) Strike and Return unit (faceless/harpy) along with another shooter (Stalker/Medusa) and a low level melee unit (assassin/troglodyte.) Sure, our assassin wasn't a blind frog lizard thing and our other shooter wasn't a snake lady, but it was close, and many of the roles were similar. It felt very much like H3 Dungeon, to me, except that Sanctuary had dibs on snake people, Stronghold on bird ladies, and Troglodytes are pretty dumb over all. (Lizards with a stick instead of eyes, yay!)

Though I'd prefer Dungeon have a bit more Minotaur influence (So many Minotaur Heroes in H3, while Minotaurs seemed to be slaves in Ashan, though H6 seemed to be changing this), H6 was a pretty good update for Dungeon, all things considered.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted September 27, 2014 07:43 PM

Protolisk said:
H6 Dungeon was the closest I've seen to H3 Dungeon. Minotaur, Dragon, Mantiocre, lower level Eyeball shooter (beholder/lurker) Strike and Return unit (faceless/harpy) along with another shooter (Stalker/Medusa) and a low level melee unit (assassin/troglodyte.) Sure, our assassin wasn't a blind frog lizard thing and our other shooter wasn't a snake lady, but it was close, and many of the roles were similar. It felt very much like H3 Dungeon, to me, except that Sanctuary had dibs on snake people, Stronghold on bird ladies, and Troglodytes are pretty dumb over all. (Lizards with a stick instead of eyes, yay!)

Though I'd prefer Dungeon have a bit more Minotaur influence (So many Minotaur Heroes in H3, while Minotaurs seemed to be slaves in Ashan, though H6 seemed to be changing this), H6 was a pretty good update for Dungeon, all things considered.

I've always considered Troglodytes frogs, rather then lizards. And for a cave dwelling species, they made a certain sort of sense, especially as a slave-race.
But other then that, I am in complete agreement.
Though I must say that I shan't mourn the loss of the Medusa and I will lend my support to any cause Minotaur.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Protolisk
Protolisk


Promising
Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 07:50 PM

War-overlord said:

I've always considered Troglodytes frogs, rather then lizards. And for a cave dwelling species, they made a certain sort of sense, especially as a slave-race.
But other then that, I am in complete agreement.
Though I must say that I shan't mourn the loss of the Medusa and I will lend my support to any cause Minotaur.


They were definitely frog-like in H4, but in H3 they seemed like fat lizards. Either way, although they fit the underground theme (that's what their name means...) I disliked them as a unit. They were, to me, the peasants of the "evil" factions. We could do without them.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stormcaller
Stormcaller


Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 07:52 PM

They were also rather weak t1 unit, among the weakest if i remember.




____________
What makes a King? Some say it is a birthright, while others call it a destiny.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted September 27, 2014 08:02 PM

Alex_Yakub said:
Raelag said:

Seriously, the dark elves are not going to be H3 dungeon ever, so please just leave it alone.

This


I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you, but I won't leave it alone. I am very angry at Ubisoft for a lot of things they did to the franchise and I shall express my frustration about their silly decisions when I see fit. Good evening.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Alex_Yakub
Alex_Yakub


Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 08:06 PM

Galaad said:
Alex_Yakub said:
Raelag said:

Seriously, the dark elves are not going to be H3 dungeon ever, so please just leave it alone.

This


I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you, but I won't leave it alone. I am very angry at Ubisoft for a lot of things they did to the franchise and I shall express my frustration about their silly decisions when I see fit. Good evening.

Nobody is saying you can't voice your opinion We just disagree with it, that's all
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Raelag84
Raelag84


Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 08:27 PM

@Protolisk

H6 dungeon was a disaster. Ubisoft tired to satisfy the old guard by making it look like H3 dungeon, but it ended up lacking the fun of H5 and H3 dungeon.

Galaad said:
Alex_Yakub said:
Raelag said:

Seriously, the dark elves are not going to be H3 dungeon ever, so please just leave it alone.

This


I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you, but I won't leave it alone. I am very angry at Ubisoft for a lot of things they did to the franchise and I shall express my frustration about their silly decisions when I see fit. Good evening.


Well I'll state an opinion that bothers you then. Trying to make Ashan like Erathia is the most silly decision Ubisoft has ever made. Good evening.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kimarous
Kimarous


Supreme Hero
posted September 27, 2014 08:37 PM
Edited by Kimarous at 20:48, 27 Sep 2014.

To be fair, with how tentacle-y and full of eyes that Dungeon has become as of H6, I could totally see a Malassa-ized version of a Medusa becoming an actual thing. I am not opposed to the notion.

@Raelag
I respectfully disagree on your impressions of H5. The Dungeon there was... well, it had a lot of failings in my eyes. The art design was lacking for the most part (ESPECIALLY the witches/matriarchs, and don't even get me started on their city screen), the raiders make NO sense (seriously, cavalry UNDERGROUND?!?), and they lacked anything that made them feel particularly "dark" aside from having a few creature units. H6 made them a lot more alien and mysterious - something I felt they were seriously lacking.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Avirosb
Avirosb


Promising
Legendary Hero
No longer on vacation
posted September 27, 2014 08:52 PM

Kimarous said:
To be fair, with how tentacle-y and full of eyes that Dungeon has become as of H6, I could totally see a Malassa-ized version of a Medusa becoming an actual thing.
So purple Medusae then?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted September 27, 2014 08:54 PM

Avirosb said:
So purple Medusae then?


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
We don't need another 'eroes
posted September 27, 2014 09:02 PM

Raelag84 said:
Well I'll state an opinion that bothers you then. Trying to make Ashan like Erathia is the most silly decision Ubisoft has ever made. Good evening.  


come on now, let's not pretend H5 was the Ashan Dungeon by any means, it was the Warhammer Dungeon lol

I actually liked the lineup they had in H6 despite the purple color coding, and I normally don't like anything Ubisoft does,
but you have to give it to them that they struck a good balance, without forcing in too many dark elves or cloning H3

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 27, 2014 09:19 PM

verriker said:
Raelag84 said:
Well I'll state an opinion that bothers you then. Trying to make Ashan like Erathia is the most silly decision Ubisoft has ever made. Good evening.  


come on now, let's not pretend H5 was the Ashan Dungeon by any means, it was the Warhammer Dungeon lol

I actually liked the lineup they had in H6 despite the purple color coding, and I normally don't like anything Ubisoft does,
but you have to give it to them that they struck a good balance, without forcing in too many dark elves or cloning H3


most of the times when ubi tries to do smth erathian it fails but in the case of H6 dungeon, they actually did it right (Except the purple). Hell they overdid it with the black dragons (we all knew that faceless was to be the champion creature, but...)
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted September 27, 2014 09:21 PM

ChrisD1 said:
most of the times when ubi tries to do smth erathian it fails but in the case of H6 dungeon, they actually did it right (Except the purple). Hell they overdid it with the black dragons (we all knew that faceless was to be the champion creature, but...)

...even Ubisoft knows that Dungeon without a (Black) Dragon is heresy.
____________
Iron from Ice.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 27, 2014 09:43 PM

War-overlord said:
ChrisD1 said:
most of the times when ubi tries to do smth erathian it fails but in the case of H6 dungeon, they actually did it right (Except the purple). Hell they overdid it with the black dragons (we all knew that faceless was to be the champion creature, but...)

...even Ubisoft knows that Dungeon without a (Black) Dragon is heresy.


the manticore, evil eye and minotaur were enough in this case. i think they did it only for the fans.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Raelag84
Raelag84


Famous Hero
posted September 27, 2014 09:55 PM

First off, I am going to go on a limb and say that dark elves were a troupe before warhammer.  

Secondly. Heroes 5 dungeon was a blast to play. I enjoyed playing with h5 dark elves for years and still do. The h6 dark elves I don't even want to touch, though to be fair, gameplay in h6 in general was just not as fun as it was in h5. Factions were just less immerse.

Thirdly and most importantly, h6 dungeon didn't make the old guard happy. In fact H6 brought back many things from H3, and to be honest, die hard H3 fans are still unhappy. So what's the point?

For all it's faults Ashan should be Ashan.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Avirosb
Avirosb


Promising
Legendary Hero
No longer on vacation
posted September 27, 2014 09:57 PM

Raelag84 said:
First off, I am going to go on a limb and say that dark elves were a troupe before warhammer.
Yep, purple attire, riding on raptors and taming hydras, you name it.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RMZ1989
RMZ1989


Supreme Hero
posted September 27, 2014 10:05 PM

As some other guys, I also liked H6 Dungeon lineup a lot. Of course, it was way too purple, but design was good.

If we are having Dungeon in H7, I wouldn't mind having the same lineup with addition of Hydras as champions, minus the purple.
____________
Give a man a mask, and he'll
become his true self.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted September 27, 2014 10:06 PM

Raelag84 said:
.
Thirdly and most importantly, h6 dungeon didn't make the old guard happy. In fact H6 brought back many things from H3, and to be honest, die hard H3 fans are still unhappy. So what's the point?

For all it's faults Ashan should be Ashan.

More H6 itself than H6 Purplegeddon was upseting. H6 mostly removed many things from H3 than anything else(random, ressources, adventure map, weeks of monsters, mage guilds, secondary heroes, the list is VERY long..). Gameplay-wise, H5 is way closest to original games and H6 was endured as a tragedy for some (as me).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted September 27, 2014 10:06 PM

RMZ1989 said:
As some other guys, I also liked H6 Dungeon lineup a lot. Of course, it was way too purple, but design was good.

If we are having Dungeon in H7, I wouldn't mind having the same lineup with addition of Hydras as champions, minus the purple.

the faceless should be the champion! PERIOD!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 11 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0624 seconds