Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: Speed upgrade for slowest units?
Thread: Speed upgrade for slowest units? This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV
Hourglass
Hourglass


Known Hero
posted July 01, 2019 10:50 PM

I don't really understand why this thread is a poll. Even if all active members would vote for increasing the speed, it would still need some1 to make the changes. And where these changes would apply? In hota? HDmod? Just in you mod, Phoenix? I'm confused

I don't personally see issues that there are 3 speed units in this game. In the end, heroes is very story oriented game when you think about it; for me it makes perfect sense that dwarfs and walking dead are slower than a regular human pikeman with speed 4.
And when it comes to the gameplay, there are multiple ways of playing around the slow speed, like making sure that the hero you're willing to move long distances doensn't have slow units in his army at the end of the day.

Then I would like to say few words about these points:

"Churcyard is easy to clear because zombies are slow"

That's exactly the point of the Churchyard. That's why they especially chose zombies, because they get no morale and have very slow speed. There aren't even any rng in the unit amounts, you're always fighting against 120 walking dead in 6 stacks. If they would have wanted churchyard to be somewhat more difficult, they would have chose other creature instead.

"Peasants are bad units"

Peasants are meant to be very bad, they have some charm in Homm2  so maybe this was the reason why they were brought back in Homm3. I guess Peasants are meant to be some kind of joke, or just to be there so people can see how strong creatures are in this game are compared to everyday townsman. Peasants were not intended to be part of any fighting heroes army, that's for sure. Or not as a fighthing unit at least. (hello, necromancers!)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 01, 2019 11:37 PM

Story wise yes all these things make sense. But we are looking at them from a gameplay standpoint.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 01, 2019 11:50 PM

Maurice said:
ausmon said:
A character with two movement gloves, speed boots and dimension door ...


Stacking identical Artifacts doesn't work; the game only considers one of them. This affects all Artifacts which can be equipped more than once on a single Hero.


I've learnt something new then. The myth and legend I like seems to but maybe its my imagination. I'll have logistics, two gloves and the boots combined with town portal, the book of air and both magics at expert and the within that turn I can cross an entire map

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 01, 2019 11:54 PM

monere said:
ausmon said:
I cannot think of anything within the game more important then speed.

tazar


On a resource rich map where the Character can level quickly I'll take Loynis over any other character especially if he gets logistics at the start along with air, water and earth magic.

Non resource rich map (i.e. islands and caves) I'll pick Caitlin due to starting with intelligence

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 01, 2019 11:58 PM

Maurice said:
I've made a testmap, RoE only, no mods of any kind. A Hero with two pairs of Gloves (no Secondary Skills, only 1 Pikeman) moves exactly as far as a Hero with the same configuration with just one pair of Gloves. The base game therefore already doesn't consider duplicates, aside from the Rings mentioned by Phoenix.


Can you try it fully equipped with both gloves and boots? Can takes me a while to build all three in Myth and legend. Just finished Islands and caves so will check it out again myself.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
monere
monere


Famous Hero
posted July 02, 2019 12:01 AM

ausmon said:
On a resource rich map where the Character can level quickly I'll take Loynis over any other character especially if he gets logistics at the start along with air, water and earth magic.

Non resource rich map (i.e. islands and caves) I'll pick Caitlin due to starting with intelligence
'cause you're a Castle fanboy. Me, on the other hand, I like playing towns that require strategy... even though I stink with those, too

Still, Tazar beats the crap outta everyone on all types of maps, just because I say so, and no one is allowed to contradict me. Case closed!
____________
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.
You may use BB Code in this field, but not HTML.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 02, 2019 12:07 AM

monere said:
ausmon said:
On a resource rich map where the Character can level quickly I'll take Loynis over any other character especially if he gets logistics at the start along with air, water and earth magic.

Non resource rich map (i.e. islands and caves) I'll pick Caitlin due to starting with intelligence
'cause you're a Castle fanboy. Me, on the other hand, I like playing towns that require strategy... even though I stink with those, too

Still, Tazar beats the crap outta everyone on all types of maps, just because I say so, and no one is allowed to contradict me. Case closed!


Lol, true. Personally I like the good teams and definately have my favourites.

On topic (hmm3 anyway)there is nothing wrong with the pikemen/halberdiers, for me all the weak creatures are the bane of the strong esp with bless. If they get a overlooked they can do a lot of damage i.e 2-3 damage per unit then add your attack points.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 02, 2019 12:11 AM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 00:12, 02 Jul 2019.

Hourglass said:
I don't really understand why this thread is a poll. Even if all active members would vote for increasing the speed, it would still need some1 to make the changes. And where these changes would apply? In hota? HDmod? Just in you mod, Phoenix? I'm confused

Well as always I am just curious what people think. I did'nt promise any "results", though I might implement them in my own mod or we could try convincing HotA to do it or you could make your own changes.

So please vote guys, if you have'nt already.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 02, 2019 09:42 AM

Maurice said:
I've made a testmap, RoE only, no mods of any kind. A Hero with two pairs of Gloves (no Secondary Skills, only 1 Pikeman) moves exactly as far as a Hero with the same configuration with just one pair of Gloves. The base game therefore already doesn't consider duplicates, aside from the Rings mentioned by Phoenix.



You're right you cant stack gloves but can you can stack the boots and 1 glove

Myth and legend- Loynis lvl 23 expert logistics and a horse.

Movement points
28- cape of velocity, speed pendent, 2 gloves, boots,  
(initiative- 4 Around the delphi? town elf, 2 for the Angels)

28 - minus 1 glove
26- no gloves
20- no gloves or boots


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted July 02, 2019 10:52 AM

Boots and Gloves are working additive. Any non-identical Artifacts with the same bonus stack, actually. It's only when you consider the Ring slots and the Miscellaneous slots in the Hero paper doll that you can equip multiple copies of an identical Artifact.
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 02, 2019 01:18 PM

Maurice said:
Boots and Gloves are working additive. Any non-identical Artifacts with the same bonus stack, actually. It's only when you consider the Ring slots and the Miscellaneous slots in the Hero paper doll that you can equip multiple copies of an identical Artifact.


Cheers, I should have checked it ages ago. Better late then never.

Not to high jack the thread but if you're on a road you're up to 56 movement points, either way speed kills and is a game changer.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted July 02, 2019 01:44 PM
Edited by Maurice at 13:45, 02 Jul 2019.

ausmon said:
Not to high jack the thread but if you're on a road you're up to 56 movement points, either way speed kills and is a game changer.


It's actually more complicated than that. A Hero has a base movement point pool of 1900 points. Each terrain consumes a certain amount of those points, based on their type. Skills and creatures travelling with the Hero modify this as well, as well as temporary buffs and Artifacts.

If you want to read more details, there's a nice post here that has a lot of information about movement.
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ausmon
ausmon

Tavern Dweller
posted July 02, 2019 11:58 PM

Maurice said:
ausmon said:
Not to high jack the thread but if you're on a road you're up to 56 movement points, either way speed kills and is a game changer.


It's actually more complicated than that. A Hero has a base movement point pool of 1900 points. Each terrain consumes a certain amount of those points, based on their type. Skills and creatures travelling with the Hero modify this as well, as well as temporary buffs and Artifacts.

If you want to read more details, there's a nice post here that has a lot of information about movement.


Thanks

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 4 pages long: 1 2 3 4 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0524 seconds