Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: Isn't Castle one of the strongest town?
Thread: Isn't Castle one of the strongest town? This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · «PREV / NEXT»
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 05, 2019 11:56 PM

In %200 scenario gold is really problem, every creature is better with upraded version but the main concern is when should they be upgraded?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Zaio-Baio
Zaio-Baio


Promising
Famous Hero
posted July 06, 2019 12:20 AM

Otuken said:
In %200 scenario gold is really problem, every creature is better with upraded version but the main concern is when should they be upgraded?

Are u sure you are playing inferno on the right map/settings ? If you want inferno to truly shine you need a map where demon farming is easy to do. Try richer maps with 160% diff (standard for multi), build up multiple towns and sacrifice all units from them to get a huge demon power stack

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 06, 2019 01:26 AM

I can even win 200% difficulty with Inferno (though not always), 160% setting would make everything easier, my complain is bad costing for Archdevil and its dwelling.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gravedigger
Gravedigger


Hired Hero
posted July 25, 2019 09:14 PM

Otuken said:
I can even win 200% difficulty with Inferno (though not always), 160% setting would make everything easier, my complain is bad costing for Archdevil and its dwelling.


Since I'm new to this forum i would just humbly agree that Archdevils are overpriced and dwelling is too low.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 25, 2019 09:28 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 21:30, 25 Jul 2019.

Gravedigger said:
dwelling is too low.

What is that supposed to mean? You mean the dwelling is too cheap?

Devils and Arch Devils are better in HotA, play HotA if you are not satisfied with them in SoD.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gravedigger
Gravedigger


Hired Hero
posted July 25, 2019 09:55 PM

phoenix4ever said:
Gravedigger said:
dwelling is too low.

What is that supposed to mean? You mean the dwelling is too cheap?

Devils and Arch Devils are better in HotA, play HotA if you are not satisfied with them in SoD.


What i mean is fact when we compare ArchDevils to ArchAngels and their abilities Archangels almost always wins ( in most situations, im speaking about normal players not a guys who fights 200% AI without sweat). To compensate that difference in abilities Devils Should be cheaper or one more devil per weak would compensate that overpowered resurrection skill of angels.

That is my humbly opinion.

I do not play HoTa - I'm not a fan of such a mods, i grew up playing Shadow of Death in a Hotseat mode and i still love it this days.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 25, 2019 10:09 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 22:09, 25 Jul 2019.

Gravedigger said:
What i mean is fact when we compare ArchDevils to ArchAngels and their abilities Archangels almost always wins ( in most situations, im speaking about normal players not a guys who fights 200% AI without sweat). To compensate that difference in abilities Devils Should be cheaper or one more devil per weak would compensate that overpowered resurrection skill of angels.

Just because Archangels are OP does'nt mean we have to make Arch Devils even more OP, that would break balance even more, besides Archangels are already the most expensive level 7 creature at 5000 gold and 3 gem.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 25, 2019 11:04 PM

At least they immiadetaly need cost reduction.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 25, 2019 11:11 PM

Maybe in SoD, not in HotA.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gravedigger
Gravedigger


Hired Hero
posted July 26, 2019 11:44 PM
Edited by Gravedigger at 23:44, 26 Jul 2019.

phoenix4ever said:
Gravedigger said:
What i mean is fact when we compare ArchDevils to ArchAngels and their abilities Archangels almost always wins ( in most situations, im speaking about normal players not a guys who fights 200% AI without sweat). To compensate that difference in abilities Devils Should be cheaper or one more devil per weak would compensate that overpowered resurrection skill of angels.

Just because Archangels are OP does'nt mean we have to make Arch Devils even more OP, that would break balance even more, besides Archangels are already the most expensive level 7 creature at 5000 gold and 3 gem.


Meanwhile Titan's cost 5000 gold and 2 gems and as for me those units are balanced.

There is also option to nerf attack/def of Archangels or their HP.
Archangels are just best in every single aspect, expect Health.
Archangels with 27 attack/30 defense sounds nice to me even with their resurrection skill  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 26, 2019 11:53 PM

Titan is balanced unit? Ranged units are supposed to be fragile than melee and flyers but it has huge HP (300). Also they have the highest potential damage output. They are too fast as shooter plus no enemy retaliation and mind spell immunity.

Archdevil is just 500 gold cheaper and its just to pathetic unit. In terms of cost effectiveness even worse than Ghost Dragons.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
monere
monere


Supreme Hero
posted July 27, 2019 02:13 AM

Otuken said:
Ranged units are supposed to be fragile
they're not supposed to be anything. You just drew this conclusion based on the pattern that archers are usually fragile, but it's written nowhere that an archer can't be a tank, either. If you manage to balance a town/faction so well that it can be defeated by anyone, anytime, anywhere but which can also win against anyone, anytime, anywhere... you can create as many atypical creatures for that town as you want.

Also, had the Titans not been made the awesomely strong creatures that they are Tower would have probably been the worst town in the game, because, except for the Nagas and the Golems all other creatures are fragile, thus unable to sustain long fights, or to even deal damage to win the battles

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 27, 2019 02:41 AM

What? Almost all ranged units are already fragile such as Marksman, Grand Elves, Power Lich, Master Gremlin, Cyclops etc... They have one of the lowest HP among their tiers as should be with maybe exception Evil Eye and Ice Elemental but they are also counterbalanced with such  a low weekly productions, low damage outputs, high prices, melee penalty etc...

None of them is exist in Titan and Tower is already the best town in HotA.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Legendary Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted July 27, 2019 07:15 AM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 07:31, 27 Jul 2019.

Otuken said:
Tower is already the best town in HotA.

Maybe if you have tons of resources, your main hero learns Earth Magic, Air Magic and Wisdom and you get ultra lucky in your Mage Guild, otherwise no.

I also wanted to say about Archangels, they have no resistances, so you can blast  them with Implosion/Chain Lightning/Armageddon and you can put them down easily. You can also Blind/Berserk them. They are very strong physical figthers though.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 27, 2019 09:13 PM

I may sound like a broken record here but imho every town can be the strongest if you know how to properly build and play it. Sure some towns have it easier and others its harder. But I feel like each town has the capacity to become op if you know what you are doing/experienced with the town.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
monere
monere


Supreme Hero
posted July 27, 2019 09:34 PM

Oddball13579 said:
I may sound like a broken record here but imho every town can be the strongest if you know how to properly build and play it. Sure some towns have it easier and others its harder. But I feel like each town has the capacity to become op if you know what you are doing/experienced with the town.
even Inferno? Can you defeat Castle with Inferno?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zombiewhacker
zombiewhacker


Adventuring Hero
posted July 28, 2019 12:36 AM

How much would you say that town structures impact the game?

For instance, artifacts purchased from merchants potentially benefit Tower/Dungeon/Conflux by raising stats/Logistics/morale. Also in random maps they're especially valued for swapping useless artifacts for vital resources/gold.

Castles get weekly movement boost from stables.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Oddball13579
Oddball13579


Supreme Hero
Thread Destroyer
posted July 28, 2019 01:52 AM

monere said:
Oddball13579 said:
I may sound like a broken record here but imho every town can be the strongest if you know how to properly build and play it. Sure some towns have it easier and others its harder. But I feel like each town has the capacity to become op if you know what you are doing/experienced with the town.
even Inferno? Can you defeat Castle with Inferno?
It is possible. I would just have to play smart.
____________
"Everyone is a schlong sucker." - Kayna
"I would have needed to dislocate my jaw to fit it inside my hole." - Blizzardboy

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
portus
portus


Adventuring Hero
posted July 28, 2019 01:57 AM

As a fortress fan, I would say special buildings DO make an impact (and not a really good one in my case).

Also, I would like to raise another question, even if somewhat stupid: Does your perception on which town is the strongest affect your decision when picking a town for a game?

As for me, I must say it absolutely does NOT. I mean, I have always loved fortress, ever since I laid hands on the game, but I don't always feel like playing with it. I won't say that fortress is worse than other towns because, as some of you have already stated, it depends on the playstyle and so many situational factors. And that's precisely the reason I sometimes feel like changing: for example, having the poor shooters they have, I can't enjoy some tactics strongly based on shooting.

What I mean is, IMHO, there's more to this game than just numbers and skills; I like fortress because of the flavor, the aesthetics, the colors... even the flaws! And in this sense, I enjoy most towns their own way.

The friends I play Heroes with always select the same town whereas I find myself most of the time getting a random town. That's why I'm curious about what you people do.
____________
Ssssshhhhhhhpp!! Ah! (crimson cloud and I'm gone)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Otuken
Otuken


Known Hero
posted July 28, 2019 02:03 AM

He is right starting town actually does have very little effect compared to skill, artifacts and luck.

And of course a good Inferno player can even defeat expert Castle players, Inferno has plenty of advantages that Castle does not.

-Having better unupgraded army
-Better Might heroes
-Having Mage Guild up to 5.th level
-Having overall faster army
-Easier access to high level creatures.
-Having one creature immune to fire magic
-Eaiser to break Dragon Uthopias thanks to demon stack.

Need constantly turning low level creatures into demons. The best ratio for sacrificing is 35 Imps, 11 Gogs and 7 dogs and never uprading neither of them.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0845 seconds