Heroes of Might and Magic Community
please log in.! Register | Today's Posts | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

Heroes 1 (Heroes 2 (Heroes 3 (Heroes 4 (Heroes 5 (Heroes 6 ()

Login:     Username:     Password:    
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Temple of Ashan > Thread: Heroes 5 TotE Strategy: Playing Stronghold Faction
Thread: Heroes 5 TotE Strategy: Playing Stronghold Faction [ This thread is 28 pages long: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ]
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted October 27, 2007 09:40 PM
Edited by Mytical at 21:42, 27 Oct 2007.

Hmm I have so far only gotten to play the Stronghold preview.  However, I would think the following set up would be very helpful.

The hero that boosts goblins + recruitment + goblin support as a secondary hero garrisoned in your main town.  The boosts to growth would be amazing for goblins, and they would be made stronger too.  +11 growth (12?) per week for a level 1 creature might not seem like much but they would add up.  Just think how many sacrifices you could make after awhile hehehe.
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
PhoenixReborn
PhoenixReborn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Unicorn
posted October 27, 2007 10:57 PM

Quote:
 Just think how many sacrifices you could make after awhile hehehe.


Bloodthirsty are we Mytical?

Sacrificed, eaten and thrown, man I can see why those goblins switch sides.  Anyone got sympathy for the poor goblin?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mytical
Mytical

Hero of Order
Chaos seeking Harmony
posted October 27, 2007 11:27 PM

One man's traitor is another's hero.  They switch sides, can't retaliate, and run after a reatliation.  Havn't got a chance to try the upgrades yet however.  They do deserve sympathy, especially right before they are converted to skeletons for my undead legions...
____________
Message received.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin

Hero of Order
Stillness within Movement
posted October 28, 2007 06:46 AM

Bwahahaha To tell the truth I do everything in my power to preserve their numbers and hate to lose any but you can blame my tactical instincts for that. I'd feel little remorse for those backstabbing cowards and will happily slaughter them if they are enemies. A habit from dark messiah
____________
He'll infect us with his idiocy. Run for it!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice


Promising
Supreme Hero
Knowledge-monger
posted October 28, 2007 07:09 AM

Don't you just love seeing the little twerps fly across the screen after a Cyclops sent them ballistic? Ok, once they impact it's just gross, but well ... there is something definately odd about the feeling you get when you see a Cyclops kill dozens of an enemy stack with a thrown Goblin

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin

Hero of Order
Stillness within Movement
posted October 28, 2007 07:11 AM

I've never seen cyclopses eating them that up close like other animations. Can there be no zoom in that one?
____________
He'll infect us with his idiocy. Run for it!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rip
Rip

Tavern Dweller
posted October 28, 2007 10:59 AM

it looks like he is bitting the goblin's head off or something similar... "goblin du fromage" probably the french would say
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice


Promising
Supreme Hero
Knowledge-monger
posted October 28, 2007 12:39 PM

Why can't I help but think back to the scene in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, where that Rancor takes that guard from Jabba the Hutt as lunch? I really need to see this ingame with the Cyclops .

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
TemjinGold
TemjinGold


Known Hero
posted October 28, 2007 09:01 PM

So err... I was wondering, is there any point to the Centaur Nomad over the Marauder? I mean, you get that pathetic +1 to max damage and 2 more shots (the latter which doesn't matter when you have an ammo cart) while the marauder has way better defense, hit points, movement, etc. Most of the alternates I could sorta see for each but this one I am clueless on. I think they really need to up the Nomad's damage or give the Marauder range penalty or something.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin

Hero of Order
Stillness within Movement
posted October 28, 2007 09:37 PM

I kinda agree, the extra damage does not much much of a difference but then again you can't always afford an ammo cart or find a warmachine factory.
____________
He'll infect us with his idiocy. Run for it!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
PhoenixReborn
PhoenixReborn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Unicorn
posted October 28, 2007 11:12 PM

I've decided to do a close analysis of the centaur marauder vs. the centaur nomad.

Marauder has 2 more defense: good, but negligible given that the numbers are 2 and 4.  With those low numbers the defense is coming from the hero anwyays (who has a high defense).

Marauder has 1 more speed: Irrelevant (for me).  Shooters job isn't to move, it's to shoot.  Nomad doesn't need speed because of manuever.

Marauder has 1 more health: Very good.  If anything, this should tip things in favor of the marauder.  That adds up to a bonus in survivability.

Specials: Marauder has no melee penalty.  It's nice but not super useful, if there closed down they are going to get retaliated against anyways, and they aren't that sturdy.  Nomad has manuever so it doesn't need no melee penalty.  Granted it can't always get away but it has a better chance of shooting constantly.  Edge to Nomad.

So far the Marauder has 2 points in it's favor, while the Nomad really has only 1.  The second point for the Nomad is blood rage.

The first threshold of blood rage is +6 attack.  This favors the Nomad because as we remember it has that extra point of damage. +2 initiative favors both equally, but then the third level of blood rage, accuracy, unit does max damage obviously favors the nomad.

So it comes out in my analysis they both have 2 points in favor of them, so it's about even.  I prefer the Nomad because I see the centaur as an offensive unit.

The Marauder might be better earlier in the game for survival purposes but the nomad is the one I want in a final fight.

Thanks for reading.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
kermit
kermit


Known Hero
Soul hunter
posted October 29, 2007 07:13 AM

I think most people miss that you can switch upgrades for a very low cost. You don't have to stick with one upgrade, you can change your entire stack to it's alternate according to what you fight.

Concerning nomads/marauders: I'd go for nomad early on for creeping, relying on blood rage for keeping them alive, later I'd switch to marauder for their better sruvivability in a hero fight.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Minion
Minion


Legendary Hero
posted October 29, 2007 07:20 AM

The Manouver ability ainīt bad at all. It saves you from the second attack from double attacks like Cleave, is away from negative auras (like Searing Aura) and the best part is that you can keep on shooting. Meaning that you can shoot those weak but damaging Crossbowman instead of the unit attacking you. Or the unit attacking you with full damage. Marauder does also full damage, but Nomad kind of gets no retaliation because it will be shooting. That if something is good for the survivability.

Anyhow, Marauder is more solid choice with better stats. Somewhat a safer bet. Nomad in turn has a better ability. I find use for both of them.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
PhoenixReborn
PhoenixReborn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Unicorn
posted October 29, 2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Concerning nomads/marauders: I'd go for nomad early on for creeping, relying on blood rage for keeping them alive, later I'd switch to marauder for their better sruvivability in a hero fight.


Aaugh, your conclusions are opposite to mine.  I would suggest that blood rage doesn't keep them alive when creeping, only when you've got it up to expert and have some supportive skills/buildings.  That's why it's tough to take on shooters/casters in the first week.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Minion
Minion


Legendary Hero
posted October 30, 2007 12:43 PM

Many seem to be looking for the better version of creatures. You should be planning which upgrades to use according to

1)hero development
2)army synergy
3)the opponent you are facing


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Nirual
Nirual


Famous Hero
Imbued Ballista
posted October 30, 2007 12:43 PM

well, other than stats (untamed is a bit more offensive), untamed attacks in a area and can stun aswell as attack walls, while Bloodeyes attack 2 tiles (like a dragon) and reduces the luck of the targets by 3.

Long story short, untamed are more offensive (and trickier to use), bloodeyes are more defensive. It's a matter of preference, although untamed are better in a siege. The faster you break the gates, the better for stronghold with just one shooter and one flyer.
____________
In ur base killing ur doods... and raising them as undeads.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wiseguy
wiseguy


Hired Hero
posted October 30, 2007 08:58 PM

The slayers and the cyclops are the best creatures for stronghold. With high bloodrage they are almost unkillable. While the warriors die to easily. Just wanted to say what I've discovered.
____________
Don't talk with mouth open

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
roy-algriffin
roy-algriffin


Supreme Hero
Chocolate ice cream zealot
posted October 30, 2007 11:53 PM

Quote:
The slayers and the cyclops are the best creatures for stronghold. With high bloodrage they are almost unkillable. While the warriors die to easily. Just wanted to say what I've discovered.

bah i think the other way around. Warmongers are awesome with 20 HP and unlimited retaliation on blood rage level 2.
20 HP is good for a tier 3 unit, So its above standard for stronghold.
Admittedly when your talking an end game battle theyre not that great. but for creeping just give them blood rage level 2, Preperation and lotsa warcries and they will almost never die or run out of blood rage level 2.
____________
"Am i a demon? No im a priest of the light! THE BLOODY RED LIGHT"

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ak3000
ak3000

Tavern Dweller
posted October 31, 2007 12:06 AM

Quote:
I've decided to do a close analysis of the centaur marauder vs. the centaur nomad.

Marauder has 2 more defense: good, but negligible given that the numbers are 2 and 4.  With those low numbers the defense is coming from the hero anwyays (who has a high defense).

Marauder has 1 more speed: Irrelevant (for me).  Shooters job isn't to move, it's to shoot.  Nomad doesn't need speed because of manuever.

Marauder has 1 more health: Very good.  If anything, this should tip things in favor of the marauder.  That adds up to a bonus in survivability.

Specials: Marauder has no melee penalty.  It's nice but not super useful, if there closed down they are going to get retaliated against anyways, and they aren't that sturdy.  Nomad has manuever so it doesn't need no melee penalty.  Granted it can't always get away but it has a better chance of shooting constantly.  Edge to Nomad.

So far the Marauder has 2 points in it's favor, while the Nomad really has only 1.  The second point for the Nomad is blood rage.

The first threshold of blood rage is +6 attack.  This favors the Nomad because as we remember it has that extra point of damage. +2 initiative favors both equally, but then the third level of blood rage, accuracy, unit does max damage obviously favors the nomad.

So it comes out in my analysis they both have 2 points in favor of them, so it's about even.  I prefer the Nomad because I see the centaur as an offensive unit.

The Marauder might be better earlier in the game for survival purposes but the nomad is the one I want in a final fight.

Thanks for reading.


i prefer to take marauder late game cos when mi nomad gets hit they run straight into the middle of the battle field!!! and gets pwn by the ai army.........

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Anakrom
Anakrom


Known Hero
(Scroll) Out of the blue
posted November 04, 2007 09:59 AM

Anyone knows how exactly works Witch Doctorīs Defile Magic? Can their stack affect even enemy hero, or only casters? And how large should be goblin stack to provide sufficient results in battle? Thx

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 28 pages long: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0589 seconds