Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
13 Oct 2015: Negative Reception of the Game, 2nd Patch Delayed - read more
29 Sep 2015: Heroes VII is Released, together with Bastion MOD for VCMI! - read more
4 Sep 2015: Polish Forge Town Released as a Heroes 3 MOD! - read more
25 Aug 2015: Heroes VII Beta #2 Starting Tomorrow! - read more
5 Aug 2015: First Details of Heroes VII Modding and new H5.5 patch! - read more
25 Jul 2015: First Look at Map Editor Teases RMG and Modding Tools! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 6 - The New Beginning > Thread: ~ Heroes 6 - Discussion thread ~
Thread: ~ Heroes 6 - Discussion thread ~ This Super Thread is 525 pages long: 1 70 140 210 280 350 420 ... 485 486 487 488 489 ... 490 525 · «PREV / NEXT»
Elvin
Elvin

Hero of Order
Stillness within Movement
posted September 01, 2011 03:17 PM

They may be withholding it to take care of last moment issues. Who knows.
____________
The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sokkur
sokkur


Hired Hero
posted September 01, 2011 03:27 PM

Sorry if this has been stated before. When you order a creature to defend it shows its visual defence stance for a very short time. Wouldn't it be more realistic if it would be in the visual defence stance until it's next turn?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
infinitus
infinitus


Supreme Hero
posted September 01, 2011 05:02 PM

Yes, conflux for 1.4 on !
____________
Nothing's impossible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=loCSLJ6IodY

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vangelis21
Vangelis21


Supreme Hero
Manchild
posted September 01, 2011 05:49 PM

patched and running! anyone knows why most of the times i get the "connection timed-out" error?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
infinitus
infinitus


Supreme Hero
posted September 01, 2011 05:59 PM

Quote:
anyone knows why most of the times i get the "connection timed-out" error?

I get this messege all the time, beta 1.4 not fixed this
____________
Nothing's impossible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=loCSLJ6IodY

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gweret
Gweret


Adventuring Hero
posted September 01, 2011 06:10 PM
Edited by Gweret at 18:11, 01 Sep 2011.

Connection time-out could mean:
- the host you are trying to connect is down |
- the host is to busy and is dropping connections so they "time-out" |
- some router on the path from your computer to target host is down or to busy

and not so common:
- there can be problems with some protocols implementations on remote host machine. Well, with their semantics for some network "situations". But in my opinion it is not the case here.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vangelis21
Vangelis21


Supreme Hero
Manchild
posted September 01, 2011 06:14 PM

Quote:
Connection time-out could mean:
- the host you are trying to connect is down |
- the host is to busy and is dropping connections so they "time-out" |
- some router on the path from your computer to target host is down or to busy

and not so common:
- there can be problems with some protocols implementations on remote host machine. Well, with their semantics for some network "situations". But in my opinion it is not the case here.


it's a "bug" of the game

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kitten
Kitten


Known Hero
Roar
posted September 01, 2011 06:16 PM

There's no need to nerf the dmg of the spider. I think people should focus more on regular gameplay rather than how a creature works in duel mode. In regular maps (outside of broken alliance) it's not as easy to get so much crystals (and the spider dwelling is the hardest to build of all champion dwellings, or maybe the Cyclops with their 30 wood) By the time you get your first spider you already have lots of other units and they  won't be very powerful. You also won't have a lvl 30 hero with all those boosting skills added. The Pit Lord is not far behind the spider too in dmg but nobody complains about them. Then again they don't hide in the corner and being well protected, and able to shoot xD

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
OmegaDestroyer
OmegaDestroyer

Hero of Order
Fox or Chicken?
posted September 01, 2011 06:21 PM

Good lord, did one of the programmers get attacked by a cerebus in real life and now has some twisted vendetta against the creatures?  
____________
I am what I always was.
Gleaming and empty.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kenishi
Kenishi


Famous Hero
passed out drunk in Tavern's
posted September 01, 2011 06:23 PM

Maybe some of the insiders might know will there be a patch 1.4 for the demo version or are the developers concentrating on the beta at the moment ?

____________
No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Nelgirith
Nelgirith


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted September 01, 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:
Maybe some of the insiders might know will there be a patch 1.4 for the demo version or are the developers concentrating on the beta at the moment ?


If they waste time patching a demo, then they really have too much time on their hands and have no excuse for not fixing town screens and many other bugs

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
alcibiades
alcibiades

Hero of Order
and Light
posted September 01, 2011 07:34 PM

Quote:
There's no need to nerf the dmg of the spider. I think people should focus more on regular gameplay rather than how a creature works in duel mode. In regular maps (outside of broken alliance) it's not as easy to get so much crystals (and the spider dwelling is the hardest to build of all champion dwellings, or maybe the Cyclops with their 30 wood) By the time you get your first spider you already have lots of other units and they  won't be very powerful. You also won't have a lvl 30 hero with all those boosting skills added. The Pit Lord is not far behind the spider too in dmg but nobody complains about them. Then again they don't hide in the corner and being well protected, and able to shoot xD
May be true, but I still don't see the point of nearly every ranged creature having no range penalty. It just totally favors turteling when you can hide in the corner and still do full damage.
____________
Heroes 7 - News overview | Heroes 7 - Discussion thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
GenyaArikado
GenyaArikado


Bad-mannered
Supreme Hero
posted September 01, 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:
Good lord, did one of the programmers get attacked by a cerebus in real life and now has some twisted vendetta against the creatures?  


your avatar is amazing

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
pacifist
pacifist


Famous Hero
posted September 01, 2011 08:00 PM

Still not working for me. I desinstalled everything because I patched the manual version from the link above and maybe it was the cause but now, after finally installing v 1.3 again and applying the online patching process of 1.4 it's still the same, the game launches, is in the background but no display, the screen comes from full to minimized but then I have to kill the process.

Also what's the idea behind not being able to save anymore, that's crazy and unproductive to test.
____________
http://www.youtube.com/user/alkoriak#g/u

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Insanity
Insanity


Known Hero
Brain cells killa
posted September 01, 2011 09:08 PM
Edited by Insanity at 21:08, 01 Sep 2011.

ufffffff 37 tries, 37 errors, my game suxxxxxx me ultra mad at ubisoft
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elvin
Elvin

Hero of Order
Stillness within Movement
posted September 01, 2011 09:13 PM



That error? Do you have below minimum graphics card too? Because if not this is puzzling..
____________
The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
adriancat
adriancat


Famous Hero
Protector Of The Peace
posted September 02, 2011 12:13 PM

The game works fine on low detail settings with a GeForce 8400 GS 512 Mb.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sokkur
sokkur


Hired Hero
posted September 02, 2011 10:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry if this has been stated before. When you order a creature to defend it shows its visual defence stance for a very short time. Wouldn't it be more realistic if it would be in the visual defence stance until it's next turn?


Seriously people, don't you find this to be an issue with such a morden game?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Cepheus
Cepheus


Honorable
Legendary Hero
Far-flung Keeper
posted September 02, 2011 10:49 PM
Edited by Cepheus at 22:49, 02 Sep 2011.

Quote:
Maybe some of the insiders might know will there be a patch 1.4 for the demo version or are the developers concentrating on the beta at the moment ?


Don't take it as a confirmation, but I very seriously doubt the demo will be boosted up - it stays "as is".
____________
"Those who forget their history are inevitably doomed to repeat it." —Proverb, Might and Magic VIII

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vangelis21
Vangelis21


Supreme Hero
Manchild
posted September 03, 2011 07:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry if this has been stated before. When you order a creature to defend it shows its visual defence stance for a very short time. Wouldn't it be more realistic if it would be in the visual defence stance until it's next turn?


Seriously people, don't you find this to be an issue with such a morden game?


I personally don't. I prefer it as it is. I mean, well, yes I would like an indication that this creature is defending (so i remember) but it is not realistic to hold a whole different position for much time.

Take this example. You are in war and your general asks you to defend. Then you duck, put your hands on your head and sit like that. You stay like that for a whole turn (several minutes - not to say more) in combat. Is this normal? The proper thing is to have in your MIND that WHEN and IF you get attacked, THEN you should defend!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Super Thread is 525 pages long: 1 70 140 210 280 350 420 ... 485 486 487 488 489 ... 490 525 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.2097 seconds