Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile

<a href='http://www.game-advertising-online.com/' target='_blank'>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes

LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 6 - The New Beginning > Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 1.2 - Discussion thread ~
Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 1.2 - Discussion thread ~ [ This thread is 30 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ]
Zenofex
Zenofex


Responsible
Legendary Hero
Kreegan-atheist
posted January 23, 2012 11:13 AM

The Demented are excellent creatures, among the best Cores if used correctly. They don't "die like flies" because they have good defense stats and they are small creatures. Their weekly growth is about enough to make the eventual casualties acceptable, unlike the terrible low growth + low hit points + relatively low defense combo in the Hell Hounds/Cerberi case. Moreover, in 1:1 fights the Demented can slaughter the other Cores (save the Maulers/Crushers) when in sufficient numbers due to the Maniacal Laughter - very good for creeping by the way.
The Maniac on the other hand is pretty bad unupgraded Core. It has one passive ability which is useless in 99% of the cases so early in the game and their damage + survivability are average. Still better than the Hell Hounds though.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
BlazeHun
BlazeHun


Adventuring Hero
posted January 23, 2012 11:31 AM

Quote:
The movement boost with First Blood should get reduced to +1, the iniative and damage boost with the Racial must be +5 and +10 respectively in order to keep the balance.



Stronghold's Racial gives +10 Might Power since 1.2.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Nocturnal
Nocturnal


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted January 23, 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The movement boost with First Blood should get reduced to +1, the iniative and damage boost with the Racial must be +5 and +10 respectively in order to keep the balance.



Stronghold's Racial gives +10 Might Power since 1.2.


Well, great then. They will get there eventually. Hope it won't be too long to get real balance. I want to have some MP and tournaments and crush all
____________
True beauty transcends such
simplistic labels such as "good" and
"evil" -Vega

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DIEGIS
DIEGIS


Supreme Hero
power of Zamolxis
posted January 23, 2012 04:31 PM

join toheroes.com then
____________
dacian falx behind you
-knowledge itself is power-

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
KingImp
KingImp


Famous Hero
posted January 23, 2012 05:04 PM

I have a question that I'm curious about the public's opinion on. That would be the AI's targeting of specific units.

If you are Haven, the AI always goes after the Griffins/Imperial Griffins first.
If you are Inferno, the AI always goes after the Hellhounds/Cerberi first.
If you are Necro, the AI always goes after the Lamasu/Putrid Lamasu first.
If you are Sanctuary, the AI always goes after the Kenshi/Kensei first.
If you are Stronghold, the AI always goes after the Jaguar Warriors/Panther Warriors first.


Do you guys like or dislike the AI's strategy of always going after one unit until it feels they are no longer a threat or would you prefer to see them mix it up each battle?

I personally would like to see them mix it up, because once you know who they are going after, it's much easier to try and protect them. There is no guesswork involved.

I will give props on one thing though. If you come across the Water Elementals and they are split into stacks, when they use their Ice Bolt attack, they each will pick a different target. If BH knew enough to code that in, why couldn't they make the rest of the AI less predictable?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Mike80D
Mike80D


Famous Hero
Map Maker
posted January 23, 2012 08:57 PM

KingImp, I totally agree that the targeting of 1 creature is way too predictable.  Maybe this is why the creatures you listed are some of my least favorite; Because they die the most frequently!  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
War-overlord Online
War-overlord


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
Presidente of Isla del Tropico
posted January 23, 2012 09:12 PM

I agree with you KingImp that the AI neary always focusses on a single unit until it is no longer considered a threat and that reduces the enjoyment of the experience.(Not by a long shot to stop playing though)

However I find it funny that I now notice that, with me, other units get singled out. Wel for 3 out of 5, at least. Indeed it goes for the Hellhounds and Kensei first with Sanctuary and Inferno. But when playing Necropolis, it's my Liches that get the short end of the stick first. With Stronghold it's the Centaur and with Haven it's the Sisters.
____________
"If you naturally have energy, then go and use it and go make some coffee for the people who need it." -Ronald Goedemondt

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Nocturnal
Nocturnal


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted January 23, 2012 09:15 PM

Quote:
If you are Haven, the AI always goes after the Griffins/Imperial Griffins first.
If you are Inferno, the AI always goes after the Hellhounds/Cerberi first.
If you are Necro, the AI always goes after the Lamasu/Putrid Lamasu first.
If you are Sanctuary, the AI always goes after the Kenshi/Kensei first.
If you are Stronghold, the AI always goes after the Jaguar Warriors/Panther Warriors first.



This is so strange. All of the creatures you said the AI attacks is also true for me except Lamasu. Throughout all the campaign, every AI creature and hero only and only attacked my Liches. In the final fight of the final map they died, and then it turned to my Ghosts. But never ever did an AI creature attacked my Lamasu
____________
True beauty transcends such
simplistic labels such as "good" and
"evil" -Vega

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DoubleDeck
DoubleDeck


Promising
Legendary Hero
Look into my eyes...
posted January 24, 2012 05:49 AM
Edited by DoubleDeck at 05:49, 24 Jan 2012.

It's true, some of these creatures the AI decides to focus attacks on is mind-boggling. One could understand in H5 why certain creatures were targeted like the blood maidens, where the AI knew it had to get rid of the high initiative or high damage output stacks first.....but in H6 seems a little off. The Kensei, Griffins, Jags are understandable though, all have retaliation factors...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Dave_Jame Online
Dave_Jame


Promising
Legendary Hero
I'm Faceless, not Brainless.
posted January 24, 2012 01:54 PM
Edited by Dave_Jame at 21:18, 24 Jan 2012.

I Have a Stupid topic to talk about and that is Dynasty weapons

In the time of Patch 1,1 there was a bug that alowed peopel to find the 3 preorder-only items in the game in the same way as the 3 wildcards.

But since patch 1,2 this should be fixed. BUT in the same time, it looks like they took away the wildcards artifacts.

When I first played the campaign I played it offline, and found the Dragons flame tongue. But now I do not even see this Artifact in the Soul forge.

The Soul forge lists 23 out of the 25 known artifacts. It does not list 2 of the 3 wildcard artifacts but does list all 3 special edition artifacts that not all player can obtain.

So is the DFT and the wildcard staff still available in patch 1,2 or not? Can those who have them use them properly?

And how does this Artifact part even work. As I was playing the inferno campaign, suddenly two swords appeared in my colection. The Sword of the Wolf and The sword of the grifin. But I did not find them throughout the campaign and They could not be a reappearance of lost artifacts because I did not play the Haven and Stronghlod map 1 yet.

So what the hell is going on with these artifacts?
____________
I'm just a Mirror of your
self.

We see, we look, we gather,
we
store, we teach. We are
many,
and you can be one of us.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
OmegaDestroyer
OmegaDestroyer

Hero of Order
Fox or Chicken?
posted January 24, 2012 05:13 PM

I HATE THE CONFLUX!!!
____________
I am the kaiser
I bring forth the raze

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Lexxan
Lexxan


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Unimpressed by your logic
posted January 24, 2012 05:15 PM
Edited by Lexxan at 17:15, 24 Jan 2012.

wait, it's down *again*?

Well I guess that means no playin' for tonight I suppose. Thanks, Ubihole -__-
____________
Coincidence? I think not!!!!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
OmegaDestroyer
OmegaDestroyer

Hero of Order
Fox or Chicken?
posted January 24, 2012 05:22 PM

Yeap.  I love being punished for being a legitimate buyer.
____________
I am the kaiser
I bring forth the raze

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Nocturnal
Nocturnal


Promising
Supreme Hero
posted January 24, 2012 07:04 PM
Edited by Nocturnal at 19:06, 24 Jan 2012.

Quote:
So what the hell is going on with these artifacts?


I've been meaning to ask the same thing. Right now I have all the artifacts that the campaing and pre-order gives. But Dragon Flame Tongue, Perfect Silksword and Staff of Sar-Aggreth were wildcard artifacts only and they have removed wildcards with the new patch. So how am I to find those? I want ALL of them!

Btw, the reason The Sword of the Wolf and The sword of the griffin appeared in your game is that they were two disapearing artifacts in the previous version. So they gave it back to you, no matter if you have reached the point of the campaing where you gain them or not.
____________
True beauty transcends such
simplistic labels such as "good" and
"evil" -Vega

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
httassadar
httassadar


Adventuring Hero
posted February 01, 2012 12:45 AM

It seems to me that summoned elements get higher hatred points (the first in the list AI hits), which is usually a stupid move.

Quote:
I have a question that I'm curious about the public's opinion on. That would be the AI's targeting of specific units.

If you are Haven, the AI always goes after the Griffins/Imperial Griffins first.
If you are Inferno, the AI always goes after the Hellhounds/Cerberi first.
If you are Necro, the AI always goes after the Lamasu/Putrid Lamasu first.
If you are Sanctuary, the AI always goes after the Kenshi/Kensei first.
If you are Stronghold, the AI always goes after the Jaguar Warriors/Panther Warriors first.


Do you guys like or dislike the AI's strategy of always going after one unit until it feels they are no longer a threat or would you prefer to see them mix it up each battle?

I personally would like to see them mix it up, because once you know who they are going after, it's much easier to try and protect them. There is no guesswork involved.

I will give props on one thing though. If you come across the Water Elementals and they are split into stacks, when they use their Ice Bolt attack, they each will pick a different target. If BH knew enough to code that in, why couldn't they make the rest of the AI less predictable?


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
httassadar
httassadar


Adventuring Hero
posted February 01, 2012 12:50 AM

Is Heroic charge working?

My feeling is that in 1.2, it only gives +2 movement bonus, but not +xx% damage per square moved.

Also, not sure if this is bug or intended -- if the "cleave" boosted stack dies, cleave will trigger a second time.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DoubleDeck
DoubleDeck


Promising
Legendary Hero
Look into my eyes...
posted February 01, 2012 06:21 AM
Edited by DoubleDeck at 06:24, 01 Feb 2012.

Quote:
My feeling is that in 1.2, it only gives +2 movement bonus, but not +xx% damage per square moved.

Also, not sure if this is bug or intended -- if the "cleave" boosted stack dies, cleave will trigger a second time.


Heroic charge is working fine with +xx% damage for non-flyer stacks...

Cleave only works once, but interesting on your point except that cleave is passive and won't trigger on a weak / ready-to-die stack as that stack won't kill off an entire enemy stack....no sense....unless with pressed attack, etc. combinations

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
httassadar
httassadar


Adventuring Hero
posted February 01, 2012 09:30 AM

Non-flyer, I see. Thanks. I usually use it on Harpies and Glories... Charge worked on them in 1.1

Quote:
Quote:
My feeling is that in 1.2, it only gives +2 movement bonus, but not +xx% damage per square moved.

Also, not sure if this is bug or intended -- if the "cleave" boosted stack dies, cleave will trigger a second time.


Heroic charge is working fine with +xx% damage for non-flyer stacks...

Cleave only works once, but interesting on your point except that cleave is passive and won't trigger on a weak / ready-to-die stack as that stack won't kill off an entire enemy stack....no sense....unless with pressed attack, etc. combinations

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
odium
odium


Known Hero
posted February 01, 2012 09:58 AM

Is there any info on v1.3 or can we consider H6 pretty much dead?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
DoubleDeck
DoubleDeck


Promising
Legendary Hero
Look into my eyes...
posted February 02, 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:
Is there any info on v1.3 or can we consider H6 pretty much dead?


No and no.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
[ This thread is 30 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] < Prev Thread . . . Next Thread >
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1896 seconds